[site] HQ version of Who...(Chinese version) - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 2nd October 2008, 07:17 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

well, as a chinese myself and also very fluent in the language, i would say that ayu's mandarin is not that great...

but if you consider that she's not even natively chinese, doesnt know the language, her pronunciation is already far far better than many chinese!

try hearing some of those cantopop singers crooning mandarin songs - ayu puts them to shame. there are many chinese who cannot even speak the language properly too. she sound even better than BoA (the korean singer who sings korean/japanese/chinese/english).

Ayu's chinese is somewat like a novice learner of the language... not totally new, but not graduation level yet. however, if she speaks slowly, most of her words are clear enough. i listened to the song before i see the lyrics, and i got the words "right" about 90%, only some like the 月亮 and 月娘 part not that clear.

furthermore, how many of us fluent in chinese & english, can sing or read japanese very well too?

all in all, it is already a great effort and her singing quality more than makes this song worthwhile and a good way to connect to her fans. remember, she's an entertainer, not a language student!
Old 5th October 2008, 09:33 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Sounds funny!
Old 5th October 2008, 09:46 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

So good!!!

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a complete ~all singles~, ayumi hamasaki