Ayu ~Anything Goes~ XV (AHS' Ayumi Hamasaki General Discussion Thread) - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2016, 12:53 PM
Dolls Initiate

Ughh, Sayonara is a basic edm song with bad vocals all around.

On the other hand, Shape of love is beautiful. The instruments have a crispy texture to it that I love and that guitar that resembles a banjo is really soothing. It goes so well with the rainy weather outside. Ayu's vocals
Old 23rd March 2016, 02:01 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I agree about The Gift...it's not BAD but it's...really not good. The one track from A ONE that I always undoubtedly skip.

I've been listening to A BEST in full quite a bit lately! I only tend to skip Love ~Destiny~ and maybe sometimes M. Ahhhh reminds me of being in high school! lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 23rd March 2016, 02:36 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I'm also on A BEST last two days
only 3 songs have new vocal and mixing, right? A song for xx, Trust and Depend on you
but I can hear that End roll also a little different
Old 23rd March 2016, 02:41 PM
Dolls Initiate

I like The Gift �� because ayu's vocals are good and I enjoy those little details like the starting and ending piano riffs. She has way better ballads in recent years (post 2010) but still. It also helps that its not a 6 minutes song and it feels rather short.
Old 23rd March 2016, 03:01 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Sayonara is largely unlistenable for me. SpeXial is tone deaf af.

YES. I agree whole-heartedly, that song is SpeXial in a totally different sense... >.>

(sorry, I just told a stupid and terrible joke)
Old 23rd March 2016, 03:31 PM
rainy day Initiate

Lol it's so weird that there is a unanimous ruling on his voice being less-than enjoyable. I preferred his deeper tone to the effeminate vocals of the other males she has worked with. It was so awkward with Ayu sounding like the male on those tracks.

Last edited by Zeke.; 23rd March 2016 at 05:50 PM.
Old 23rd March 2016, 04:34 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
I've been listening to A BEST in full quite a bit lately! I only tend to skip Love ~Destiny~ and maybe sometimes M. Ahhhh reminds me of being in high school! lol
I've been listening to it a lot as well! But I don't really skip those tracks, though I get tempted to skip LOVE ~Destiny~ and Who. M is actually one of the tracks I look forward to hearing! Forgot how amazing it is.

Been watching all of ayu's concerts for the past few months. I'd seen all of them up until Future Classics CDL 2009-2010. I stopped watching years ago cause I felt like everything was too repetitive. Wondering what her more recent concerts are like...I'll see soon.
Old 23rd March 2016, 04:47 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
I'm also on A BEST last two days
only 3 songs have new vocal and mixing, right? A song for xx, Trust and Depend on you
but I can hear that End roll also a little different
Boys & Girls is different too.

tumblr

Old 23rd March 2016, 05:49 PM
rainy day Initiate

I've been listening to the 10th anniversary edition of YOU. I love this version; I heard it in my dream the other night and woke up obsessed with it. I know her vocals went through a rough patch as people say during this time, but I adore her vocals on this track. I like how they are well-rounded and very bold. They sound full. Now, she has this habit of "flattening" her deliverance. She doesn't push it out for as long, and the best way I can describe it is that she flattens the deliverance at the end and goes into like a raspy grandma-like vibrato. Her old vibrato that came from the diaphragm was much more striking.
Old 23rd March 2016, 06:03 PM
As if.. Initiate

I tend to prefer the 10th anniversary version of Depend on You. The guitar is everything, and I love how much more energetic the song feels than the original. Even her vocals sound better.

I wish Life would be performed again. It's an extremely underrated track, but so full of emotion.
Old 23rd March 2016, 06:09 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahofSilence View Post
I tend to prefer the 10th anniversary version of Depend on You. The guitar is everything, and I love how much more energetic the song feels than the original. Even her vocals sound better.

I wish Life would be performed again. It's an extremely underrated track, but so full of emotion.
Agree, Life is really beautiful. It gives me folkish tinge everytime I listen to it. This is one of the tracks that I'll probably play at sunset standing near a lake. One of my favourites from GUILTY era.
Old 23rd March 2016, 06:12 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahofSilence View Post

I don't like the 10th anni of Depend on you as much. The original was the first song I ever heard by Ayu, and I love the A BEST version, which is very energetic lively and poppy, but I feel the 10th actually isn't as energetic. The arrangement behind the vocals of the chorus makes the song feel a bit flat. It's just like a garage band version or something. Idk how to describe it, but my impression has always been that the 10th anni version is severely less energetic and soaring than previous versions.

I have always loved Life as well. I loved it way more than Mirrorcle World at the time. For me, it's great for spring in the mid-morning to early afternoon. When the air is cool and crisp or the slight wind feels refreshing.

Last edited by Zeke.; 23rd March 2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 23rd March 2016, 07:00 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I don't like the 10th anni of Depend on you as much. The original was the first song I ever heard by Ayu, and I love the A BEST version, which is very energetic lively and poppy, but I feel the 10th actually isn't as energetic. The arrangement behind the vocals of the chorus makes the song feel a bit flat. It's just like a garage band version or something. Idk how to describe it, but my impression has always been that the 10th anni version is severely less energetic and soaring than previous versions.
I agree totally here. Also, garage band in the sense of the software - soulless, mechanical, just kinda "there." Every garage band I've ever heard has maybe been off-rhythm or off-key, but at least they have some freaking energy.
Old 23rd March 2016, 07:01 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I don't dislike any of the 10th anniversary versions, but the only one I'd say that at least equals the original is TO BE. It's just beautiful, the instrumental is amazing in that version and gives a fresh review of the song.

I used to listen to Depend on you a lot, but then I think I got more used to her old songs and voice and it started to feel like the 10th anniv. version was missing something

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 23rd March 2016, 07:07 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I definitely prefer the 10th anni ver. of YOU over the original. Her vocals in the original give me a headache.
Old 23rd March 2016, 07:59 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I wish she went with the 10th anniversary thing full on and did ASFXX 10th anniversary versions for all tracks from the album.

My favorite was YOU from that bunch. It felt like a fresh new take on the song while still maintaining what was great about the original~

Mirrorcle World and that whole era could have definitely been done a bit differently, but Ayu must have been in a strange headspace at the time.

Last edited by truehappiness; 23rd March 2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:08 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
Boys & Girls is different too.
Well Boys and Girls has a different instrumentalization , vocals are on the other hand the same as on the LOVEppears album
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:16 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmish87 View Post
Well Boys and Girls has a different instrumentalization , vocals are on the other hand the same as on the LOVEppears album
I prefer the A Best version of it where the guitar is more prominent
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:06 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Lol it's so weird that there is a unanimous ruling on his voice being less-than enjoyable. I preferred his deeper tone to the effeminate vocals of the other males she has worked with. It was so awkward with Ayu sounding like the male on those tracks.
I love it how her voice is typically deeper, it kind of changes the whole corny vibe of duets for me how the women typically are expected be the ones to hit the high notes. The rather effeminate male voices I find compliment her uniqueness. (I'm a fan of her deep voice)

See, Timmy's voice was deep AND powerful on BRILLANTE. In Sayonara, I felt like she may as have picked up just anybody to sing those parts...They had no soul, no feeling to them. Why... is probably my favorite duet of hers because I feel the sincerity in their voices, though it may be tied with Dream ON.

Oh my gosh, I just find those vocals in Sayonara to be so bad, they actually fall into the "so bad it's good" category because every time they start up, I cannot help but crack up laughing.

P.S. I think Life is an awesome song but I can barely listen to it because it makes me feel like crying. It is so on par with how I felt when I lost my best friend.

Last edited by DonkeyKongRemix; 23rd March 2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:09 PM
No way to say Initiate

It would have been nice if remixers used alternative and unused vocals (from the original mix) in remixes. Some artists like Mariah Carey record totally new vocals for some remixes. Would add a lot of replayability to Ayu's remixes, but Avex just seems to send out a standard vocal track and not the actual track stems.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, anything goes