[Britney Spears] The 5th Thread - 'Britney Jean' Era - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 23rd August 2016, 10:52 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

So the album leaked, apparently Sony Music Mexico have accidentally released it to the record stores too early and now I think record stores there won't sell it till' the actual release date... well that's what a fan from Mexico said?

Anyways, I downloaded the leak cause I'm impatient a f and this album was so gooooood! A lot better than Britney Jean. I am digging Love Me Down and Just Luv Down~

praying for your souls

Old 26th August 2016, 03:52 PM

Just bought my physical copy of Glory. ♡
The tracklist differs from the itunes one, the second track is "Do You Wanna Come Over?", but I think it works better this way.
Old 27th August 2016, 01:42 AM
End of the World Initiate

^is good to be the second track, I can't with Clumsy and then Do You Wanna Come Over? Is too much for me xD I only dislike 2 or 3 songs of the album but at the same time I dislike all the songs.

Pretty Girls was horrible for me but months later I enjoyed the song, is sad no have it on the album and have Hard To Forget You for example.

And talking about the music genres of the album anyone know where is the R&B tracks? XD
Old 27th August 2016, 02:34 AM
still alone Initiate

After a few listens now, I am really hoping Just Like Me gets considered as a single and video. It has really grown on me and become my favorite track.
Old 27th August 2016, 02:53 AM
rainy day Initiate

I deleted Private Show, Clumsy, and What You Need.

Private Show is dreadful. Those vocals are embarrassing.

Clumsy is super annoying, with no real release. The "chanting" chorus is not my taste. All I am imagining is like a bunch of high schoolers gathering in the gym for a pep rally, and some awkward girl is walking up the bleachers and trips and stumbles, causing an entire row of students to shout out "Hey, Clumsy! Whoah, Clumsy!" Lol.

What You Need sounded kind of exciting at first and made me think "All right, I'm ready to go!!" And then left me sitting there like "...well are we gonna go or what? I'm ready!" It just kept looping what seemed like a an amplifier to something larger but it never came.

I might delete Hard To Forget Ya because the chorus is annoying, and I will most likely never warm up to the chorus of Do You Wanna Come Over so that's probably gonna get the boot too.

1. Slumber Party
2. Liar
3. Man On The Moon
4. Just Like Me

Those are my favorites, the songs I would say I actually enjoy. The rest are more of a "they don't bother me" so I rotate them in now and again. Except for Make Me, which I think I like but I haven't hunted down the rapless version yet, which I intend to do, so for now I haven't been able to listen to it that much.
Old 27th August 2016, 02:03 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I deleted Private Show, Clumsy, and What You Need.

Private Show is dreadful. Those vocals are embarrassing.

Clumsy is super annoying, with no real release. The "chanting" chorus is not my taste. All I am imagining is like a bunch of high schoolers gathering in the gym for a pep rally, and some awkward girl is walking up the bleachers and trips and stumbles, causing an entire row of students to shout out "Hey, Clumsy! Whoah, Clumsy!" Lol.

What You Need sounded kind of exciting at first and made me think "All right, I'm ready to go!!" And then left me sitting there like "...well are we gonna go or what? I'm ready!" It just kept looping what seemed like a an amplifier to something larger but it never came.

I might delete Hard To Forget Ya because the chorus is annoying, and I will most likely never warm up to the chorus of Do You Wanna Come Over so that's probably gonna get the boot too.

1. Slumber Party
2. Liar
3. Man On The Moon
4. Just Like Me

Those are my favorites, the songs I would say I actually enjoy. The rest are more of a "they don't bother me" so I rotate them in now and again. Except for Make Me, which I think I like but I haven't hunted down the rapless version yet, which I intend to do, so for now I haven't been able to listen to it that much.

do you all have limited space on your PCs? i would NEVEr delete a song form an album..it just makes it incomplete even if I only listen to it once in two years.
Old 27th August 2016, 04:47 PM

^haha same here. It would just feel damn wrong to have an incomplete album on my pc. lol
Old 27th August 2016, 05:46 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I suppose it's no different than downloading random songs from an album lol

I don't delete songs though. I just uncheck them so they won't play on shuffle.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 27th August 2016, 05:53 PM
rainy day Initiate

I felt the same way for years, but I hated the fact that I could never listen to songs on shuffle because I had to much shit that I never wanted to listen to. I came to the conclusion that I was receiving no logical benefit in keeping songs I disliked just for the mental satisfaction of having a "complete" album, when in reality it was more of a hinderance. I spent like an entire summer going through my entire collection, song by song, and deleting stuff. Years and years of saying to myself "well maybe I'll like it one day" adds up. Lol.

@tokyos solution also works, but it also complicates things when uploading tracks to players, etc. I'm so glad I started doing this; it just really makes a lot more sense to me now to delete songs that don't serve their true purpose for me - that is, to be listened to. I concern myself with only songs that make me happy now.

Last edited by Zeke.; 27th August 2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 27th August 2016, 06:19 PM

Well I don't use itunes or something. I made playlists for special occasions or something I listen to and sometimes I add a few songs. But most of the time I simply go through my files and chose song after song. If I don't like an album, I delet the whole folder and put one or two songs I liked into the folder of the artist. But I would never delet files out of an album folder. I just can't. lol
Old 27th August 2016, 07:05 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^yeah, just uncheck the songs you don't want to listen to on shuffle or playlists
Old 29th August 2016, 04:08 AM
still alone Initiate

I just saw Britney's VMA return!
So disappointed.
I was hoping she would steal the show.
The shadow play was sooo weird to me. It's funny because once I saw it I was like, that is just like Ayu! But Ayu's execution was beautiful. I thought this was just awkward.
But I loved seeing G Eazy at least, I just love his fashion.

Last edited by EndOfTheWorld; 29th August 2016 at 04:34 AM.
Old 29th August 2016, 07:33 AM
CAROLS Initiate

I thought that I disliked the album in general and then I caught myself singing Private Show
Old 29th August 2016, 09:59 AM

Just saw the performance. It was ok. And you can't tease me with banana and then nothing... where the hell was the snake? =(
Old 29th August 2016, 12:20 PM
Initiate

The performance was a little boring, and why the hell she was singing his song? Other than that she was looking good.

On a side note, omg, I was about to turn my tv off during Beyonce's performance. I just can't stand her music nowadays, they are so loud . argh

Last edited by kaled kalil; 29th August 2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 29th August 2016, 02:10 PM
Secret Initiate

Glory isn't really anything special to me. Only track I like are Make Me... and Just Luv Me. Glory's production was way better than Britney Jean, but Britney Jean was so awful it made it memorable. Glory to me just sounds like a bunch of unfinished business lol
Old 29th August 2016, 02:53 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I'm listening to the full album on Spotify and I really like it. The tracks don't sound the same like they did on Britney Jean. Her voice is almost unbearable in Private Show, but for some reason, the song is catchy for me. Clumsy is great, and Liar is definitely a masterpiece that should be canonized already.

Oh, and her VMA performance wasn't anything special but, as mentioned already, she looked really good. I was expecting something as epic as her Billboard Music Awards performance. Guess I was expecting too much.
Old 29th August 2016, 11:13 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Really disappointed with her VMA's performance. But she seemed very happy and not nervous at all!

Is Brit taking inspiration from Ayu? hahah

And the intro with the shadows. Just kidding

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 30th August 2016, 12:26 PM

^since Ayu basically stole the whole concept as well as a lot of ideas for outfits/performances for Hote Love songs from Britney's Onyx Hotel Tour, I think it's ok.
Old 30th August 2016, 03:49 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

Pretty good album..it's been a while since the last time I hear to Britney in full album...
but I wish there will be more variety...I'm having hard time identify the song because it's really similar...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Tags
britney jean, britney spears, charts, pop