[Koda Kumi] The 190th Thread - W FACE Tour 2017 - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 14th August 2017, 04:26 PM
SEASONS Initiate

if I haven't bought all my Japanese DVDs I'll probably have enough money to make two trips to Japan
Old 14th August 2017, 05:06 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
if I haven't bought all my Japanese DVDs I'll probably have enough money to make two trips to Japan
this !!!
Old 14th August 2017, 08:51 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I'm already anxious for the 61st single gimme gimme gimme

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 15th August 2017, 02:23 PM
Initiate

I'm very surprised with the views for LIT on YouTube! Btw, the song was added a couple of days ago to the Tokyo Super Hits! playlist on Spotify. (It's not there anymore, but well).

Spoiler:
Old 15th August 2017, 03:00 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

lol at an artist called 'Natsu Summer'

The video is doing better on YT than I thought also. Nothing groundbreaking but it's almost in the same numbers as On and on

Old 15th August 2017, 04:42 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Yes, if it's going on like this it's going to hit the million mark with the first month on youtube.

I'm also surprised about the comments. They are positive for the most part, about 90% I'd say. Expected much more negativity.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 15th August 2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 15th August 2017, 04:50 PM
Initiate

Also, I'm surprised on how much Sukideshite is popular, it's one of her most listened songs on Spotify since the release.

Old 15th August 2017, 06:25 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
I'm already anxious for the 61st single gimme gimme gimme
Same. I don't hate Lit, but it's not her best. On to the next one please!!

introduce a little anarchy

Old 15th August 2017, 09:46 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

With Sukideshite not being perfomed on TV nor having a tie-in (iirc) it's quite a surprise, indeed. It's a Someday 2.0 so it had the potential, I just didn't think it'd actually get there ahahaha

Old 17th August 2017, 11:48 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Avex needs to hire this guy this is truly awesome!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX3mFEaH...-by=joao.fiuza

IG | YT | PR

Old 18th August 2017, 03:33 AM
Trauma Initiate

^Wow, a much better design than some of those we see every now and then

Old 18th August 2017, 02:47 PM
BEST Initiate

So I've had an on/off relationship with Kumi for years. I loved when she started to take off, with Grow Into One...and then slowly lost interest over the years when she moved into a more urban & ballad vibe that wasn't my thing. Every now and then something good would pop up, but I didn't follow her closely. More recently I've come back around and have found some gems from her past discography, but I feel like she can be really hit or miss (and I think I'm just not really a fan of 90% of her ballads).

So with that, I had never really cared about her concerts until recently. I watched WOML tour, and it was so good! Every song was a hit, and it was a really good show. Thinking it would be similar, I watched The Artist Live, and I was so disappointed. It felt very unpolished in terms of concept (that ballad section was a slow, painful death) -- the ideas were similar to WOML (different aspects of her career), but not executed as well. So I've had two very different experiences. What's everybody's favorite tour? Another one I should check out?
Old 18th August 2017, 03:20 PM
Initiate

I'm also not a fan of The Artist live, it seemed rushed and with poor concepts except few things here and there. And the songs choices are kinda weird.

Anyway, those are the concerts I would recommend based on what you thought it was good:

- LIVE TOUR 2010 ~UNIVERSE~
Very colorful concert, with a great setlist and production. A lot of different props and the everything feels very fresh from start to finish.

- LIVE TOUR 2014 ~Bon Voyage~
Also a colorful concert with a very beautiful stage for a Hall Tour. Since Bon Voyage is kinda similar to WOML (talking about the albums) you might like this concert.

- Let's Party Vol. 2
A FC only live with hidden gems and remixes. It's a small concert but the setlist is good specially since you like her older songs. It's a very simple concert with a Halloween inspired theme. A very high energy concert.

- LIVE TOUR ~2011~ Dejavu
A very elaborated Hall Tour with a lot of props, costume changes, and a beautiful stage. If you're not into her ballads and her cutesy side it wouldn't be a good option, but even if you give a try you might like it since some of the things feels very fresh as well.
Old 18th August 2017, 04:32 PM
BEST Initiate

^ Thank you!
Old 18th August 2017, 05:35 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I love THE ARTIST for the most part of it
But I agree on Kaled's list, those are great concerts she pulled off this decade. Can't wait for her next FC Tour also.

Old 18th August 2017, 06:34 PM
BEST Initiate

The Artist just felt very unfinished to me. The whole Vocals/Ballad vs. Dancer, etc. part was not polished and it made for a really odd flow. I also don't have a lot of in-between feelings for her ballads...I either think they're great or awful (with her having more awful than great), and that section just felt really long and destroyed the flow. There were definitely performances that I thought were fun (like HOTEL and TABOO, both songs I love) but overall I was really let down after WOML.
Old 18th August 2017, 06:55 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I get your point. It was not the best ballad sections ever, there was pretty much nothing going on so if you're not the songs she picked it gets too boring. The songs for the dance section were good but could have been better. But I still like it a lot, TABOO especially. The first act as whole was the best part of the show hands down.

Old 18th August 2017, 07:14 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
What's everybody's favorite tour? Another one I should check out?
My favorite Tours would be :
- LIVE TOUR 2006-2007 ~second session~ : Always loved this era so it's special. I think it's her best Hall Tour so far with a good setlist, great ideas and a good energy. It's a good mix of her most popular songs during her gold days.

- LIVE TOUR 2007 ~Black Cherry~ at Tokyo Dome : Definitely her most visually entertaining tour (the cut scenes videos were really well made). Some performances are also incredible (best concert introduction i have ever seen). Setlist is a focus on Black Cherry/Kingdom, 2 of her most successful albums (in Japan). Bad point would be its length : quite long to watch (especially the Encore).

- Dream Music Park : A stadium version of LIVE TOUR 2010 ~UNIVERSE~ which is one of her best Arena Tour to date. Great energy, colorful and fun theme. Once again, length is longer than "normal" concerts.

I do agree WOML TOUR was a good arena tour but i don't like most of the album so the setlist was quite boring for me.
I liked The Artist though, mostly because of great performances like SHOW ME YOUR HOLLA, you, TOUCH DOWN, TABOO or HOTEL.

Instagram

Old 18th August 2017, 09:32 PM
Voyage Initiate

Wow, that CD/DVD package design is amazing!! I want it!
Old 18th August 2017, 10:01 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkifrit View Post
My favorite Tours would be :
- LIVE TOUR 2006-2007 ~second session~ : Always loved this era so it's special. I think it's her best Hall Tour so far with a good setlist, great ideas and a good energy. It's a good mix of her most popular songs during her gold days.

- LIVE TOUR 2007 ~Black Cherry~ at Tokyo Dome : Definitely her most visually entertaining tour (the cut scenes videos were really well made). Some performances are also incredible (best concert introduction i have ever seen). Setlist is a focus on Black Cherry/Kingdom, 2 of her most successful albums (in Japan). Bad point would be its length : quite long to watch (especially the Encore).

- Dream Music Park : A stadium version of LIVE TOUR 2010 ~UNIVERSE~ which is one of her best Arena Tour to date. Great energy, colorful and fun theme. Once again, length is longer than "normal" concerts.

I do agree WOML TOUR was a good arena tour but i don't like most of the album so the setlist was quite boring for me.
I liked The Artist though, mostly because of great performances like SHOW ME YOUR HOLLA, you, TOUCH DOWN, TABOO or HOTEL.
These are her best imo, including first things tour 2005. After that they all get a bit repetitive.

Tags
koda kumi, queen of live, w face