[ARASHI] Arashi's 19th Crazy Moon ♥. - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd June 2009, 02:37 AM
no more words Initiate

AnK/Crazy Moon outsold Believe first week sales by 499 copies.

AnK/Crazy Moon first week = 502,487
Believe first week = 501,988

I wonder if AnK/Crazy Moon will be able to outsell Believe?

Oricon report

Avatar by: Her Panda Love||Signature by:Lerimantique
Old 2nd June 2009, 02:39 AM
SAKURA Initiate

omg really? i thought it sold less! congrats my boys

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 2nd June 2009, 02:55 AM
fairyland Initiate

geeeeez there Arashi. LOL. i totally forgot that ORICON adds on to the numbers at the end.

i thinkkkk it won't have the chart life of "Believe" since the tie-ins are stronger for that single, but The Quiz Show II is still showing, so it may have longevity nevertheless.

however, "Everything" is on the way too. so, it may alter this single's sales more or less.

ごめんNOT TAKING GFX REQUESTS.
{ T W I T T E R T U M B L R }
l l M O M E N T S l l × G O T

Old 2nd June 2009, 03:00 AM
SAKURA Initiate

irene, you gotta hear "everything"! i think you'll like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmw2gxg1OHY

Old 2nd June 2009, 04:07 AM
fairyland Initiate

mmmm...i think i'll need the full version, actually. xD

i'm neutral on it.

Old 2nd June 2009, 05:04 AM
no more words Initiate

What are they promoting?

Old 2nd June 2009, 05:26 AM
Two of us Initiate

Au phones as usual.
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:26 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka♡ri. View Post
I think it's a smart idea. They're capitalizing on their popularity right now. And Johnny's has always been strong single sellers. It's a good way to get money quick for them and then when an album is due to be dropped, there'll be enough interest in them that sales will be better (hopefully~).
But that could backfire, specially if it continues like this. Let's hope it's only for their 10th year in the business since debut.
Quality is also important, though. It should be fine as long as people feel that there is not only quantity, but also quality. Once people start to feel that it's more about money making than music making, their popularity might decrease.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Last edited by Aga-chan; 2nd June 2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:13 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^I think they've had quality singles so far~ I haven't seen one that I haven't liked. Most people like them too, right? s I hope/think the single marathon is coming to an end.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:39 PM
SAKURA Initiate

i've loved all the singles since one love, lol. but not because i'm biased. i just really loved all the singles. my least favorites could be "one love" and "beautiful days", though. but they've grown on me by now

Old 2nd June 2009, 02:34 PM
no more words Initiate

They're still #1 on the charts. They sold 14,086 copies.

Total sales

Old 2nd June 2009, 03:00 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

amidst forms of celebration or not , you can download the performance of Ashita no Kioku that they did at Utaban on Sun & the talk via http://jennlyy.livejournal.com/105488.html

& oh I want to add something with what Aga said about her post

it's true that ARASHI has been pumping singles like CRAZY since Step and Go & Dream"A"live

my main concern's that should there ever be a new record (no not best album) that might be out this year or so , how will the album tracks stacked up against each other since more or less , everything after Step and Go has been epic/stellar/great to me

I don't want another Dream"A"live part 2 to happen again . I hope Dream"A"live was just a 1 off thing since their past album efforts were really good , hopefully Dream"A"live was just a mistake on their end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty4123 View Post
omg, i just now remembered that i'll need to ask my mom for permission to buy the single ahhh.

LOL good luck on that Lisa .... AGAIN

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 2nd June 2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:34 PM
SAKURA Initiate

haha, i'll need the luck

but omg, their still #1?!

Old 2nd June 2009, 10:24 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^They'll probably be in the top 5 this week - if not top 3.

Quote:
Arashi's 2 singles cross the 500,000 mark consecutively
An achievement unseen for 7 years 7 months

Arashi's 26th single "Ashita no kioku/Crazy Moon ~kimi wa muteki~" has achieved sales of 502,000 (502,487 exact), to claim the top single ranking in the 6/8 week, clinching the top 1st week sales in 2009. Also, passing the 500,000 mark in the 1st week, along with their previous single "Believe/Kumori nochi, kaisei" (released march 2009) with sales of 502,000 (501,988 exact), this is the 2nd consecutive achievement. The last time 2 singles from the same artist crossed the 500,000 1st week sales mark consecutively was Kuwata Keisuke's "Naminori Johnny" released in July 2001 and "Shiroi Koibito Tachi"released in October 2001, and it has been 7 years and 7 months since such an achievement was made.

Last edited by ka♡ri.; 2nd June 2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:21 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post
But that could backfire, specially if it continues like this. Let's hope it's only for their 10th year in the business since debut.
Quality is also important, though. It should be fine as long as people feel that there is not only quantity, but also quality. Once people start to feel that it's more about money making than music making, their popularity might decrease.
IA.

i know, i know. i'm like the only one bitter here, but i truly do think they've had better material when they were releasing at a steady pace. it was much more unpredictable...and i could stomach in all the songs i didn't like in one way or another, lol. but i totally know that JE's milking them for their worth right now. that's why i've been trying to not let the overexposure get to me since i really did like them prior to single overload since "One Love".

Old 2nd June 2009, 11:39 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^I guess you can't please everyone. s

A lot of people were disappointed prior to all of these singles. I remember a lot of people complaining about Step and Go for some reason. But all of these singles have gained them a lot of new fans which is great for them. And I don't feel that their music has been bad in any way. "truth" was the dark song that a lot of fans wished for, "Kaze no Mukou e" was perfect for summer and the Olympics, "Beautiful days" was a great fall song for Ryusei no Kizuna, "Believe" was a fun pop song with nice lyrics and energy for YATTAMAN, Ohno's solo was OK - but it fit the childish theme of Ohno's drama - and this new single is really great.

Maybe it's bc i love Arashi so much that I can't see it, but I really don't think any of their recent music has been unable to be stomached. But people are different, so it's OK to be bitter Irene~ At least they haven't done something like Koi no ABO - that'd be a HUGE drop in quality for them.
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:56 AM

my younger sister didn't like Step and Go which was unofficially marked the change in music direction from then onwards

you're right Kaori , their new music style will either bound to win new fans / make long time fans go away & etc since music at the end of the day's subjective

however having said that , I don't think you should compare ARASHI with NEWS . NEWS's NEWS & I happen to like practically all of their singles that goes for Koi no ABO & somemore both bands's music styles are so different

I don't want to sound like I'm scolding/insulting you but as a NEWS & ARASHI fan , I can't help but feel it like it's

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 3rd June 2009, 01:09 AM
SAKURA Initiate

i got into arashi RIGHT when the step and go PV was released. i remember it like it was yesterday, lol. it was on a friday in february 2008 i loved the song back then, but since i was obsessed with love so sweet at the time (since i just watched HYD back then) i didn't love it as much. but obviously now i love it, and every since since one love. i really don't see how the singles since one love are bad. as a new fan, their music direction since then has drawn me in. so i dunno...it's understandable that some old fans don't fully like this change, but every artist has their change in music, so i think it's normal.

for example, i loved koda kumi back in 2005/2006. as an old fan, i don't dislike her music now, and i haven't lost interest. it's just that i really do think her music was better back then as opposed to now. if i liked arashi since 2005/2006 too, maybe i wouldn't like their current music. i dunno, really. basically, i guess it just depends on a person's taste in music.

sorry for making such a dumb post. i just feel bad if i don't join in with an opinion

Old 3rd June 2009, 01:17 AM

it's ok Lisa , it's not a dumb post . I myself can frankly can say that I like every single song that they put out from Step and Go onwards so IT'S FINE 8)

my other point that I want to make's I don't like bashing other artistes's , regardless whether I listen or don't listen to their music & that's evident for poor NEWS that I support even though I'm not as hardcore supportive unlike the other Johnny's

Like how would you feel if I keep insulting the guys & that goes for KAT-TUN ? You obviously will feel hurt & will bound to make fans on here real upset/annoyed .

I initally didn't want to bring this up but I thought something should be stopped/done before an online exchange of words starts here @_@

I don't want to come the day that I don't want to support ARASHI anymore just because of the choice of words that were being used against their koukai's & I definitely don't want to see this happen to me at all

Old 3rd June 2009, 02:20 AM
Two of us Initiate

I think it doesn't really matter how fast they release stuff, other than it seems really greedy on Johnny's part, because it's not like they are writing the material themselves. As long as they find good songs for them, all the Arashi members have to do is lay down the vocals and sell it.

Plus, most Japanese releases are focused on singles anyway. The albums are mostly full of throw away songs.

Japanese people were obsessed with Ohno's solo song. You couldn't find a single copy of that limited edition in the Shibuya stores, and it was played all the time on the radio.

Oh, and Koi no ABO is one of the catchy songs in the world hahaha. Plus it's ridiculously awesome so stop hatin'.

Last edited by miryoku; 3rd June 2009 at 02:23 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
aiba masaki, arashi, boyband, j-storm, johnny's entertainment, matsumoto jun, ninomiya kazunari, ohno satoshi, sakurai sho