Thoughts on A BEST LIVE - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd November 2013, 02:05 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydeki View Post
I think it is now in my TOP2 after Rock'n'Roll Circus and before HLS and PoM. By the way, it always amazes me how AT05 appears on every discussion about recent tours. I mean, it was indeed an amazing tour in 2005, very innovative and all but... Thankfully she has progressed and she has delivered other kind of performances (I would say from AT09 on) which don't consist on big props and fireworks, but on more theatrical performances, dancers, etc. Overrall, I think her recent concerts are more cohesive.

The only thing that bothers me a little is that she's wearing contact lenses again, because I love her natural brown eyes
Tbh her past tours from 2001 to 2009 usually bore the heck out of me.

And I thought I was the only one who minds her contacts! I like how her eyes look in CDL 12-13. I'm not sure if it's the same contacts, but she looks somehow really creepy this tour. Maybe because the false eyelashes get super longer?

Set by YuriChan

Old 3rd November 2013, 11:57 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-michan View Post
And I thought I was the only one who minds her contacts! I like how her eyes look in CDL 12-13. I'm not sure if it's the same contacts, but she looks somehow really creepy this tour. Maybe because the false eyelashes get super longer?
You are not alone I mean, I think she looks very pretty with them on, but the surprise factor they cause went away long time ago. When watching AT12 it was like, "OMG are her eyes green?" and this time was like "So she's using contact lenses again...". I don't see the point of her using them anymore. It may be just because she feels prettier, but it doesn't add anything to the show.
Old 3rd November 2013, 01:51 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Just waiting for an OS press to be announced...

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 3rd November 2013, 03:13 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

^Oh they haven't yet? I was surprised at the change in arrangements for songs like ASfXX and Voyage, but I ended up loving them also. I love when ayu sings in English "I'm on a journey, looking for love..."

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:10 PM
YOU Initiate

I thought her contacts looked sooo much creepier in CDL 12-13. I thought the make up on her eyes made them look better for this tour. But I think her natural eyes make her look much younger and she should keep that all together.
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:25 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I like the contacts on her. They probably give her a sparkle that is creepy-on-DVD, but looks great live.
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:56 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeklei View Post
I thought her contacts looked sooo much creepier in CDL 12-13. I thought the make up on her eyes made them look better for this tour. But I think her natural eyes make her look much younger and she should keep that all together.
I agree. she looked very creepy during CDL 12-13 with those coloured contacts, i think the make-up and eyelashes made her look extra creepy
Old 4th November 2013, 12:01 AM
No way to say Initiate

HEAVEN and JEWEL = total highlights

The worst part was Wake Me Up, she sounded hideous and the disgusting shaggy sex hair never needs to happen again. It was almost as bad as the (wigless) hair she had for CDL10-11. Plus the recycled Step You/Ladies Night stage thing? It was a surprise the first time round but it doesn't work again, they should have thought of a new trick.
Old 4th November 2013, 01:06 AM
Who... Initiate

Just a question, did she sing live during Tell All?? It sounded quite live, but her lips' movement made me doubt it...

Set by YuriChan

Old 4th November 2013, 12:13 PM
Because of You Initiate

I really hope ayu can do something like Hitomi Shimatani's crossover version of her old songs.

M PoM version is a good one.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 4th November 2013, 12:17 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I like her contacts in this concert, it didn't look as weird as in the previous concerts she whore contacts imo... Or maybe I'm just getting used to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
HEAVEN and JEWEL = total highlights

The worst part was Wake Me Up, she sounded hideous and the disgusting shaggy sex hair never needs to happen again. It was almost as bad as the (wigless) hair she had for CDL10-11. Plus the recycled Step You/Ladies Night stage thing? It was a surprise the first time round but it doesn't work again, they should have thought of a new trick.
I think the complete opposite. JEWEL was one of the weakest of the concert imo, and Wake me up one of my top favorites. In JEWEL, even if she was in that tank with water, she was just sitting there, she could be sitting on the stage and it would have given me the same feel, I think she could have done a much more creative performance with that tank then just be sitting there doing nothing. At least for HEAVEN she did something... And imo the chains in Wake my up had way more impact in this performance than they did in STEP you in 2006.
Also, I saw no problem with her hair, it was just wet, what's the big deal? I think it looked way better than the weird wig she whore for JEWEL/HEAVEN...

Old 4th November 2013, 06:44 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
I like her contacts in this concert, it didn't look as weird as in the previous concerts she whore contacts imo... Or maybe I'm just getting used to them

I think the complete opposite. JEWEL was one of the weakest of the concert imo, and Wake me up one of my top favorites. In JEWEL, even if she was in that tank with water, she was just sitting there, she could be sitting on the stage and it would have given me the same feel, I think she could have done a much more creative performance with that tank then just be sitting there doing nothing. At least for HEAVEN she did something... And imo the chains in Wake my up had way more impact in this performance than they did in STEP you in 2006.
Also, I saw no problem with her hair, it was just wet, what's the big deal? I think it looked way better than the weird wig she whore for JEWEL/HEAVEN...
I think Jewel and HEAVEN in DVD / BD are the weakest, but in live they are strong.

I am not going to say which one is the strongest because there are many performance missing in DVD/ BD, i.e. SAKURA

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 4th November 2013, 06:51 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-michan View Post
Just a question, did she sing live during Tell All?? It sounded quite live, but her lips' movement made me doubt it...
There was a really loud backtrack for Tell All.
Old 5th November 2013, 04:48 PM
YOU Initiate

I loved Teddy Bear and HONEY other than that it doesn't compare to most of her concerts. I really wish she'd sing on her own without the background singers. I never cared for Peco and Yoko but now there's four singers...and TIMMY is just distracting...i miss the days when it was just her, yo-chan and enrique rocking out.

thanks for the awesome sig HELVENEUE!

here's my art blog! artomomy.blogspot.com
Old 5th November 2013, 06:27 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I really don't mind Timmy as her back vocal, I think his vocals are great. I never found Princess that good, but I actually like her, and the new back vocal girl (forgot her name >.<) is really good! (though the previous one that had been participating since Peco left was also really good... I also forgot her name >.<) I just don't really care about Miccie, I think his vocals are quite weak compared to the others...
On the other had, Peco used to annoy the hell out of me (don't ask, I don't know why, she seemed a nice person on the making offs, but I always got annoyed watching her during the performances), so I actually like it better now, even if I agree there are too many back vocals now...

Last edited by pimenta; 5th November 2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: missed the e in Miccie
Old 5th November 2013, 06:31 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yongae = current one
Yumi Kawamura = the one post-PECO
Old 5th November 2013, 06:45 PM
winding road H-Initiate

^ Oh, that's right! I remember thinking her new back vocal must be Korean or part Korean because of her name. Thank you!
Those two are the best back vocals Ayu has ever had imo (can't believe I forgot their name when I actually really liked them lol)

Old 6th November 2013, 01:01 AM
until that Day… Initiate

yep, i also like the current backup vocals, for me they sound more complete than when it's just two, peco and princess. though i also found Miccie has the weakest vocal. i really love they added the back up vocals during poker face..during the chorus.. after ayu finished one line, they followed at the back, hope u guys know what i mean. hehe.
Old 6th November 2013, 01:50 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yongae = current one
Yumi Kawamura = the one post-PECO
It seems that Yumi Kawamura was around PoM Tour and Hotel Love Songs although i am not sure 100% if she participated in HLS as a back vocal.
Too bad she is not part of back vocals anymore.
when I saw her on PoM DVD i was like OMG Persona 3 singer is singing with Ayu
Old 6th November 2013, 02:08 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah, she must have been busy during a-nation / A BEST LIVE...

I guess she must be done and Yongae is her official replacement if we don't see her at CDL.

Tags
15th anniversary live, a best live