BRILLIANTE thoughts/opinions - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 27th August 2011, 09:01 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I'm with the rest ... masterpiece.

The chorus at the end is like the cherry on top...and it's so meaningful.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 27th August 2011, 09:02 PM
Two of us Initiate

after a first listen while watching the PV... the way it all ended just made me burst into tears. this song is so beautiful, i don't even have a song to compare it to. it's unique, it's beautiful, it provokes a lot of emotions. it's just... it's perfect. i'm going to need to review this properly once i get my thoughts in gear.

seriously, ayumi. you never cease to amaze me.

my youtube account~
Old 27th August 2011, 09:23 PM
Liar Initiate

I think it's nice sounding. It's sort of your standard, long epic-ish ballad type song. Nothing outstanding but not bad. Namie Amuro (as a non-fan of hers) did it better with Tempest though IMO.

The PV is absolutely out of place and really tacky. It's sort of like a faux-Gaga, wannabe but without all the nasty
Old 27th August 2011, 09:26 PM
Dolls Initiate

You want meaning? Here's mine ideas...

A girl did something reaaaaly worthy regrets or something happened that was so cruel so it took her last breath. With the "sex" symbols as sweaty bodies and lots of handsome meat, I assumed it's something about the interraction with some male. Once she is craving for so many mens touch (their hand into her, want to "steal" her from her "powerful throne") but then she is crying and in despair - about what she've done or about something that man/men did to her (it could be coercion, molestation but in the other way, she could been nymphomaniac...) Her regrets or her pain is so powerful, so she dies within bloody tear. The chanting Timmy could be a symbol of Sin, someone urging her to do evil or sth.

I know that this is very drastic, but the "sexy" symbols and the sweat all over reminds me of something "sexual" xDDDDD
Old 27th August 2011, 09:35 PM
Replace Initiate

as far as I got it actually she's talking about her road to fame or smth

like she's getting in the first room where she was just beggining so she had to work there and prepare
then the second room where she actually trained even more to promote and get through
then she's walking with the rest and I noticed these champion belts the men wore

it's like she started-trained-tried hard-got to the road of champion

the guys in the gym...is she referring to her fans? she's like a queen walking with her suite???

and then she's like finally on top on the trone but then she falls....like everyone fall from top...

oh I don't know.

from lyrics

A human is much stronger
Than I thought, isn't he?
I've stayed in the darkness a little longer
But it's time to go

so from darkness where she started she made her way to the victory and to the throne...

and this

I came to see nothing
After that, I saw everything
The road ahead is too narrow
And I can no more walk on, side by side with you

she started with nothing then saw everything and to the throne and died after that because "And I can no more walk on, side by side with you"

Old 27th August 2011, 09:42 PM
Dolls Initiate

^ depressing idea, but make sense. But please Ayu, don't end your music career
Old 27th August 2011, 09:59 PM
Two of us Initiate

i definitely felt that there was a sense of desperation to the music video... almost like she was begging for help more and more as the song continued. and just when she thought she had a taste of freedom, evil took over her once more, only to kill her.

whatever the real meaning behind it was, it was certainly dark and thought-provoking.

this song actually leaves me feeling incredibly overwhelmed.

my youtube account~

Last edited by starlett; 27th August 2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 27th August 2011, 10:32 PM
TO BE Initiate

A thought of me to the PV: I do not really get much out of the beginning...but it seems like in the end when is is on the throne she wants to leave, but the guys but her back to the top where she finally dies.

The first thing I thought was that she is put on a throne like a queen for her music career and everyone wants to reach her, but she wants to leave. She tries to leave, but the guys (fans maybe?) don't let her go, they force her back to the top of the throne.

And Timmy...well he seemed to kinda be by her side, but not in a way as a friend, but someone who just cmoforts her so that she stops crying/keeps on going/working. Like the company or something, who wants her to keep going to make money and hence tries the best to make comfort her...

Okay...rereading this I think i was reading too much into this PV lol

M-O-M-O MOMOIRO CLOVER Z
Green & Purple lifestyle

Old 27th August 2011, 10:56 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

First song I've enjoyed in sometime. It's a pretty good song, but I don't think it cracks into her top tier of songs. Definitely solid though.

That said, I was disappointed when I saw the track length being 10 minutes long only to be informed that it was because there was a secret track on there!

/requests Ayumi does a song over 10 minutes in length
Old 27th August 2011, 11:00 PM
End roll Initiate

No, no, no, this is all wrong! I was expecting to not buy FIVE because the four other songs were terrible but now I have to because "BRILLIANTE" just made it all worth it.
Old 27th August 2011, 11:06 PM
TO BE Initiate

I just noticed something, at around 5:18 the parts of Timmy sound like german, it pretty much sounds like he says "Auf Wiedersehen"...I wonder if all of it is in german? I try hard to hear it, but I can't make out any words lol

M-O-M-O MOMOIRO CLOVER Z
Green & Purple lifestyle

Old 27th August 2011, 11:16 PM
Far away Initiate

^
He is saying goodbye in some different languages like german and russian but I don't understand the others. X)
Old 27th August 2011, 11:17 PM
TO BE Initiate

^
Ooooh okay, that makes sense then. Thanks for telling me

M-O-M-O MOMOIRO CLOVER Z
Green & Purple lifestyle

Old 27th August 2011, 11:30 PM
SAKURA Initiate

on first listen & watch (of the PV) i got a bit taken aback because the song was just so...different. i thought it would be a more "upbeat" song, or more faster paced. but now after just one more listen, i really think the song is AMAZING! i appreciate the pace of the song. it doesn't need to be super fast to be amazing. it's just so different from the rest of FIVE. i'm putting this song as my #1 favorite of the album. love-it.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 27th August 2011, 11:38 PM
Dolls Initiate

I love this song so much but honestly, it's the first Ayu song I have already listened to more than 50 times and it still doesn't get into my head. As soon as it's over I cannot remember the melody, let alone the lyrics, all I remember are those choirs :p
Old 27th August 2011, 11:40 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hikki View Post
No, no, no, this is all wrong! I was expecting to not buy FIVE because the four other songs were terrible but now I have to because "BRILLIANTE" just made it all worth it.
Haha I know exactly how you felt! When other 4 songs came out, I thought...even if BRILLANTE is good, there's no way it can make up for the mediocrity of the other songs....but oh I was so wrong
Old 28th August 2011, 12:27 AM
ayu trance Initiate

It is one thing to be a singer and it's another thing to be an artist. This song (and the album) proves to me that ayu is truly an artist singer she is not afraid to take risks with her music and just about every time she nails it and this song is no acception. This song and pv has the same uniqueness and quality as a utada or bjork song and I hope ayu continues to grow as an artist like this taking risks and doing epic and artistic songs. I hope she works with Timmy again ANother song is my second favorit track on the album, very pretty. Timmy was a bit annoying in the pv he over acted I think. I will write what I think the song + pv combo mean to me later, I am on a mobile at work and can't gather interpreting thoughts together this way.
Old 28th August 2011, 01:08 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

i just hear a little part of BRILLIANTE
i will save it when i got my own copy...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 28th August 2011, 01:32 AM
ourselves Initiate

When I saw the PV, I thought that the guy by her side who she could cry to was Mannie (or just a generic love, whatever), and all the other guys represented the nature of her career. It's sexy and tempting, but in the end it only forces you on the throne, like Bubbly said, and keeps you away from those you love. Taking off a veil in certain cultures is considered indecent, so when one of the men took hers off, perhaps she was corrupted?

Aside from that, the song is amazing.

My travel blog
Old 28th August 2011, 03:28 AM
still alone Initiate

it has the "ever free" feeling to it which I like.

Tags
『five』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, brillante