'again' mini album out December 8th, 2nd of five 15th anniversary releases [II] - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th November 2012, 05:55 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ which is why its a mini.

and your comment about inflation doesnt make sense. Its about the inflation of money. things are more expensive today compared to 10 years ago because of inflation.
Old 12th November 2012, 11:59 AM
Depend on you Initiate

this album seems more promising judging from the composers
Old 12th November 2012, 12:11 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post

avex isn't really masking this 'single' as a mini to jack up the price or they would of charged more.
It's so frustrating to see people say this is a single in disguise because avex wants to charge more when it clearly isn't the case.
You're right. The only reason this isn't a single is because they don't want her streak broken.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 12th November 2012, 12:14 PM
GREEN Initiate

-.-
you are so missing the point... lol.

What about her album streak? Why not care about that?
Old 12th November 2012, 12:42 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Another way I see it as being termed mini is because...she wants to release so many songs in this period...she couldnt really be having 3A and 4A singles every month...then how special would that be anyway?
Old 12th November 2012, 12:56 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ thats true too.
But I also think the reason why these are singles is because she doesnt plan on putting them on an album... which is what she does with her minis.

now, she might put them together with a best... like a 2 cd thing for the people that dont want to buy all the different minis...
Old 12th November 2012, 01:02 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
-.-
you are so missing the point... lol.

Because GUILTY broke it years ago...so it's gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Another way I see it as being termed mini is because...she wants to release so many songs in this period...she couldnt really be having 3A and 4A singles every month...then how special would that be anyway?
Remember how close were MOON/blossom and especially crossroad and L released to each other? I don't think that's a problem. I don't thing calling something a mini album makes it any more or less special.

progress and You & Me could've also easily been regular singles with a few remixes or double sides. Party Queen could've had singles as well. It's quite obvious that avex is trying to avoid releasing singles. Considering that after the 50th single they haven't released one in 2+ years.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 12th November 2012, 01:09 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Because GUILTY broke it years ago...so it's gone

Not really.. she still has the record of having a number 1 album every year since her debut... soooo... by releasing these mini's and her 2 albums this year they broke that record.
If they wanted to keep records they would have stopped releasing everything.

and they were doing a celebration with 50 singles, thats why they released those so close together.
this celebration is about 5 releases back to back.

Last edited by TeamAyu2004; 12th November 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12th November 2012, 01:14 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

If I really get into Ivy, I'm gonna be so ****ed up with her staff They always leave amazing tracks on singles and now on minis without PVs, it makes me so mad. Even if they release its PV later it bothers me cause it seems that they had no time to prepare the last PV so they just hold it for the album or the next release

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 12th November 2012, 01:22 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
LOVE is cheaper than five and we are getting about twice the content.
Are you sure?
FIVE had 5PV with 5Making off and 5 Full new songs + one extra song(why feat Urata)/orchestra version (it depends of the version)

New/non "version" total= 10 only counting the real new material Songs+PVs
Total=16 "things" and if you buy both versions you have 17

LOVE have 2PV with 1Making off and 3 Full new songs + 5remix/orchestra +4 instrumentals

New/non "version" total= 5 (idem)
Total=15 "things" whatever the version you buy

It's like in fact was FIVE the mini that had twice the content.

Quote:
So releasing two singles and call them mini-album at the end of the year couldn't be a try of avex of keep the album streak?
Personally I don't think it is, there are many things that says it isn't (releasing in other dates, lack of promotion...)
She have the singles record and have the posibility of increasing it while she doesn't release singles, but years pass and she could loose the 1#album per year.

BTW I love the new tracklist! I hope we start to get new information and previews soon

Old 12th November 2012, 01:23 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Remember how close were MOON/blossom and especially crossroad and L released to each other? I don't think that's a problem. I don't thing calling something a mini album makes it any more or less special.

progress and You & Me could've also easily been regular singles with a few remixes or double sides. Party Queen could've had singles as well. It's quite obvious that avex is trying to avoid releasing singles. Considering that after the 50th single they haven't released one in 2+ years.
well but those were not 3A and 4A singles being thrown out every month. 2A,1A,3A (50th being the main reason why it was even 3A)..calling it a mini just justifies that there should be more material than a regular 1A or 2A single and that there would be more PVs with the material...

and yes, i too agree they do not want to sell singles to break the record. but what im saying here is just another way of looking at things and probably how they justify their way of selling. Furthermore, saying that someone released 2 mini albums back to back, just feels more impressive than releasing 2 singles
Old 12th November 2012, 01:32 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishfan View Post
Are you sure?
FIVE had 5PV with 5Making off and 5 Full new songs + one extra song(why feat Urata)/orchestra version (it depends of the version)

New/non "version" total= 10 only counting the real new material Songs+PVs
Total=16 "things" and if you buy both versions you have 17

LOVE have 2PV with 1Making off and 3 Full new songs + 5remix/orchestra +4 instrumentals

New/non "version" total= 5 (idem)
Total=15 "things" whatever the version you buy

It's like in fact was FIVE the mini that had twice the content.
for my info I was just using the CD only editions because prices get crazy when you add PV's because you have to include what kind of DVD (dual/single)... who you worked with (we dont have prices for that).
I could probably go into the CD+DVD versions and what not, but I dont feel like. :p
but i will say my point is, that it LOVE and again are cheaper then FIVE and you are getting twice the music content... so saying that avex wants to charge more so they are calling it a mini is re-donk-e-lus. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishfan View Post
So releasing two singles and call them mini-album at the end of the year couldn't be a try of avex of keep the album streak?
Personally I don't think it is, there are many things that says it isn't (releasing in other dates, lack of promotion...)
She have the singles record and have the posibility of increasing it while she doesn't release singles, but years pass and she could loose the 1#album per year.

BTW I love the new tracklist! I hope we start to get new information and previews soon
it could be that avex is doing the mini to try and extend it, but they aren't. They might even have better luck selling a single. (November was bad, akb, but they didn't have to do this whole on the 8th only) and I dont know how December looks but I know album wise it was already stated that she is going up against someone that she will lose to.

As for the not releasing singles the logic is flawed. Her sales are only going down and most likely she will not turn around unless she starts promotion and stuff. So the longer she waits the less likely it is that she will ever get a number 1 again.
This whole not releasing a single to keep her streak is just beyond... i cant even say it. AND I thought by doing this with her albums she has made it clear that SHE DOES NOT CARE.
She keeps the streak even if she loses a number 1 and people talk about 'well shes not doing it to extend it.' thats crap. she's not extending anything if she just stops releasing singles.

Besides, what makes 1 streak better then another?
Why pick the single streak and let the 1 album per year go away?

Last edited by TeamAyu2004; 12th November 2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12th November 2012, 01:46 PM
Love song H-Initiate

guys... don't compare LOVE with other mini. FIVE and MA are really mini albums, when LOVE is maxi single with only 3 new tracks, like L.
Old 12th November 2012, 01:51 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ but its a mini, thats why there is comparison.
Old 12th November 2012, 02:26 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Her sales are really going down but then she still could manage to snack a #1 single on a calm week. Kuu managed to get #1 with GTTT 54k copies, I dont doubt ayu could do so with a good tie in, some mags appearences and two lives on TV. Summer and Winter would be a bad idea, everyone releases all their **** around these times, but she still could top a Fall or Spring week...

But it changes nothing for me as long as she keep on releasing stuff regularly.

Old 12th November 2012, 02:46 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Not really.. she still has the record of having a number 1 album every year since her debut... soooo... by releasing these mini's and her 2 albums this year they broke that record.
Are you just trying to prove what I said or what? I don't get ya? GUILTY did break her string of consecutive #1 studio albums. So, yes really

The album record for having a #1 album every year is more or less irrelevant and the streak will seemingly be broken when this year ends as well, considering she hasn't had a #1 album this year. I am sorry your post is a bit confusing

Quote:
If they wanted to keep records they would have stopped releasing everything.

and they were doing a celebration with 50 singles, thats why they released those so close together.
this celebration is about 5 releases back to back.
I am sorry. You can deny it as much as you want to, I've no problems with the release formats, call them a mini album or a single, I don't care as long as there's new material around, but some things are just waaay too obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
guys... don't compare LOVE with other mini. FIVE and MA are really mini albums, when LOVE is maxi single with only 3 new tracks, like L.
Exactly. Not to mention that compared to LOVE, A was a full length studio album. Ultimately it doesn't matter what avex calls it. Compared to MA and even FIVE, LOVE is only a mini album on paper. Imo they should've release LOVE and again as a single mini album release with 7 original tracks + You & Me as a hidden bonus track.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 12th November 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12th November 2012, 02:50 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Are you just trying to prove what I said or what? I don't get ya? GUILTY did break her string of consecutive #1 albums. So, yes really

The album record for having a #1 album every year is more or less irrelevant and the streak will seemingly be broken when this year ends as well, considering she hasn't had a #1 album this year. I am sorry your post is a bit confusing
I though that record never existed? There were some studio albums before 2005 which got #2, werent there? Also she couldnt have both A BEST 2 versions on #1 so that would be a broken record as well?
However I do agree that the record is a bit irrelevant, it looks like a forced-to-be-record, way too specific

Old 12th November 2012, 02:51 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
I though that record never existed? There were some studio albums before 2005 which got #2, werent there? Also she couldnt have both A BEST 2 versions on #1 so that would be a broken record as well?
However I do agree that the record is a bit irrelevant, it looks like a forced-to-be-record, way too specific
Indeed. I think it was only for original studio album...I could be wrong though. Both (miss)understood and MY STORY got #1.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 12th November 2012, 02:53 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Are you just trying to prove what I said or what? I don't get ya? GUILTY did break her string of consecutive #1 albums. So, yes really

What makes that record less irrelevant then the single record?
Why pick one over the other.
The record is just something that the fans are obsessed about. She doesnt care nor does avex. Nothing comes from it.
My point is that even if she hadnt released any albums this year she would still hold the record for longest running streak of albums since debut. Guilty may not have been a number 1, but oricon has her have a number 1 album every year since her debut (because of their crazy years).

and the record is not for original studio albums but just albums, so Best and what not are included.

Last edited by TeamAyu2004; 12th November 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12th November 2012, 02:59 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
What makes that record less irrelevant then the single record?
Why pick one over the other.
The record is just something that the fans are obsessed about. She doesnt care nor does avex. Nothing comes from it.
My point is that even if she hadnt released any albums this year she would still hold the record for longest running streak of albums since debut. Guilty may not have been a number 1, but oricon has her have a number 1 album every year since her debut (because of their crazy years).
You'll have to ask people working at avex or Oricon. When they write articles about Ayu stuff like that will be mentioned. She currently has the longest streak of #1 singles by female artists. It's a nice thing one can mention when introducing Ayu the musician to people I guess. It's an accomplishment and only idiots really obsess over it. It's her work, I doubt she doesn't care. Sure it's not the most important thing in the world, but considering her management was obviously striving to achieve such a record by carefully selecting release dates and marketing strategies, it's something that many people have worked on in order to make it happen. So for those it's not so irrelevant as it took years of hard work.

And my point wasn't that she was trying to keep the #1 album per year record, as they don't care that much about it, but not break the single streak one which they seemingly do care about, a lot.

Quote:
and the record is not for original studio albums but just albums, so Best and what not are included
This statement makes no sense to me.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 12th November 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
『again』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, ayumi hamasaki