[Namie Amuro] ♬♫♪◖Don’t you know that she's a fighter? the 93rd thread ◗♪♫♬ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th December 2016, 02:50 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan View Post
Just back from my first Namie concert (and first Jpop incidentally haha!), and holy shit she can put on a show. Dancing on point, singing on point and the use of the screens and lights was flawless. Highlights were Alive, Hero, Fighter & Scream. I avoided listening to Christmas Wish beforehand and I was really impressed by it! Coupled with an extremely Christmassy staging, was a pretty moving performance. Of course there were a few things I'd change but I'm still too hyped to think about that at all
You are so lucky!!! It's a bucket list for me to be able to go to her concert. Please do share the process of buying a ticket and going to one! (message me ) Would like to make it happen for her next concert
Old 29th December 2016, 03:04 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I was able to get Namie's christmas cake in a 7-eleven.

I'm sure it tastes good but I gave it to the hotel workers. Plus I didn't really care about the cake much since I also got a free poster of the Merry Christmas ad promo image with the purchase of the cake which was pretty cool.

And

Got to go to the xmas eve concert in Osaka. I was originally keeping my expectations lower due to the arena venue and the setlist, but it was amazing just like every concert.

The stage is small like Play Tour 2007, but they pulled out the budget on the lighting. The lighting was just as impressive as Live Genic 2015. It wasn't just the whole steps, each step of the stage had segments with different lighting programming, so at some points it looked like a checker board lighting up. The stage also had 6 CGI screens in the background like Ayu's Arena Tour 2006 with some impressive graphics. As an outro to Hands on Me, they had CGI robots performing the Hands on Me dance on each screen. Other impressive images throughout the concert was each screen pretending to be a jar, and they fill up bottom to top with balloons, then the balloons popping and disappearing in reverse order. I could be a little wrong with this graphic, I cannot remember exactly, the whole time I had trouble taking in the fact I was live at an Amuro concert.

Stranger as the introductory song to the concert works as great as you could imagine. I just wish they had more impressive choreography for such a powerful song.

Of course, she might just need to warm up, because BLACK MAKEUP was amazing. I could be impartial because it was one of the main attractions I had to the setlist, but with that black outfit it was as great as Live Genic 2015's performance.

It and Every Woman also stood out for me. I think the last two tours have really made me start to appreciate _genic more as an album.

Hands on Me was great as usual. Her moves and energy still haven’t changed. I just wasn’t a fan of the bunny outfit for that song. I think Live Style 2015 has still been her best performance of Hands On Me. As I mentioned, the dancing robot outro bought time for her and the dancers to change to the camo outfits for Hide and Seek.

That outro really helped build anticipation for Hide and Seek. I was SO stoked when the beginning instrumentals to the song started playing. The performance kind of had a Best Fiction 2008 type of beginning. There wasn’t a long flag intro but the way she comes out is very similar to how she did in Best Fiction. The performance was also her best since Best Fiction 2008. The choreography changed a little bit, it was more energetic. Definitely one of the top highlights of the concert.

And of course, I was so glad to see her sing Love Story live. I can tell though it’s a hard song to sing. Her 2012 5 Major Domes Tour performance was good but often she struggles to project her voice while singing it.

And Hero was right after, which she had no problems making her voice echo throughout the arena while she sings Herooooooooooo. Yes it is a bit long of a song but it was nice seeing it live since most of us half expected a live performance during the Olympics.

I never checked out Mint when it was released as a single and for me it was a bit underwhelming. I was losing energy until the instrumentals for Heaven started playing after and rejuvenated me.

I think the show stealer was Fighter. Its been a hit or miss song for most fans, but anyone at that concert was converted into a fan. It had great choreography and the CGI screens had Ryuk and the 2 other shinigamis in the background.

Christmas Wish was also a top highlight. The stage separated in halves and they brought out a giant Christmas tree for the performance.

And I found a new song to like: Chit Chat.
Old 30th December 2016, 04:25 AM
Trauma Initiate

^I was really curious about the taste of the cake. Too bad you didn't eat it

Old 31st December 2016, 08:33 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^I was really curious about the taste of the cake. Too bad you didn't eat it
You can just buy any cake at a 7-eleven and you will know how it tastes. Its just normal 7-eleven cakes with the Christmas Wish digital single, they didn't make any special better tasting cakes for the promotion. It tastes pretty good. Its just a cake sold from a chain minimarket, nothing exceptional like a specialty shop cake, but its all your preference. Personally, I prefer ice cream cakes from Carvel shops rather than cakes from specialty shops, to each his or her own.
Old 31st December 2016, 09:24 AM
rainy day Initiate

Well in Japan a "Christmas cake" is like their tradition so always curious as to how it tastes. Probably delicious.
Old 31st December 2016, 01:26 PM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfe. View Post
You can just buy any cake at a 7-eleven and you will know how it tastes. Its just normal 7-eleven cakes with the Christmas Wish digital single, they didn't make any special better tasting cakes for the promotion. It tastes pretty good. Its just a cake sold from a chain minimarket, nothing exceptional like a specialty shop cake, but its all your preference. Personally, I prefer ice cream cakes from Carvel shops rather than cakes from specialty shops, to each his or her own.
I live in Brazil, we don't have 7-eleven stores here

Old 31st December 2016, 01:35 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I had no idea there're no 7/11 stores in Brazil . Then what convenience stores are available in your country ?

Personally Namie should do a campaign ad with KFC next Winter . Somehow in Japan , everytime during Winter , it's always associated with KFC & KFC ads in Japan tends to be way better than what's shown here :x

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 31st December 2016, 02:17 PM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I had no idea there're no 7/11 stores in Brazil . Then what convenience stores are available in your country ?
Uh, AmPm, I think? We usually rely on those big supermarkets to buy things, generally no one goes to convenience stores unless it's the only option

Old 31st December 2016, 10:15 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post

Personally Namie should do a campaign ad with KFC next Winter . Somehow in Japan , everytime during Winter , it's always associated with KFC & KFC ads in Japan tends to be way better than what's shown here :x
Stop in for a #1 COMBO and get Namie's 45th single!

Stop in for a #2 COMBO and get Namie's 46th single!

Buy a 3 ENTREE + 2 SIDE FAMILY COMBO DINNER and get Namie's 12th studio album _kfc!

-> <-
Old 1st January 2017, 04:27 PM
Voyage Initiate

Non matter how many times I watched this, still finds it damn funny

Last edited by UHPlus; 1st January 2017 at 04:33 PM.
Old 2nd January 2017, 02:47 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Well in Japan a "Christmas cake" is like their tradition so always curious as to how it tastes. Probably delicious.
Sponge cake with whipped cream and lots of strawberries. I had one in 2015, it's delicious but nothing fancy.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 2nd January 2017, 08:13 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHPlus View Post

Years later and still relevant to their current situation lol. Poor Ayu.
Old 6th January 2017, 01:02 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHPlus View Post

I love it but cant beat this

http://dai.ly/x2fobe6

Old 6th January 2017, 12:38 PM
SEASONS Initiate

^ omg xD Btw I wish she would go back to do that kind of music again. Loved that style. The queen of hip pop turned into the queen of bringing mainstream engrish pop to Japan, so sad.
Old 7th January 2017, 12:54 AM
starting over Initiate

^ Second this. I would love another play tbh.
Old 7th January 2017, 10:40 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Speaking of Play, I did a full album listen through with Play recently. Totally forgot about one of my favorite songs from the album.

How awesomely underrated is Pink Key?
Old 8th January 2017, 02:11 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfe. View Post
Speaking of Play, I did a full album listen through with Play recently. Totally forgot about one of my favorite songs from the album.

How awesomely underrated is Pink Key?
PLAY is a masterpiece, its a fact

and yes Pink Key is awesome, and Full Moon

Old 8th January 2017, 02:35 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Apparently , Namie did a new song in yesterday's namie amuro LIVE STYLE 2016-2017 ie. 1st concert of 2017

http://setlist.mx/concerts/211331

Also , new concert item added - a Rooster 88 Keychain

http://namieamuro.shopbo.jp/products...?product_id=69

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 8th January 2017, 10:06 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Isn't 2017 Namie's 25th anniversary? Hope for something special this year
Old 8th January 2017, 12:26 PM
Initiate

Hope for a new album! _genic has almost 2 years!
Closed Thread