LOVE again thoughts? - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 12th February 2013, 09:51 PM
Because of You Initiate

just a little thought, i was reading through the comments on LJ comms entry...and i erealized i wished these comments would be from Ayu's fandom instead:

Quote:
Listen to that voice, world.
And rejoice.
Quote:
;________________________;

SO BEAUTIFUL.
Quote:
Be still my heart .... ;___; <3
Thank you for uploading this ♡
Quote:
Wow...this was amazing!
Quote:
<3333333 that's all.
Quote:
My heart is warmed. Needed this. Thank you. TwT
and pretty much the whole post had only these type of comments....actually like every post has these type of comments....GACKT's fandom is really way more um relaxed and just enjoying the stuff...on this forum people should do the same, we think too much on here, compare and so on.
Old 13th February 2013, 12:11 AM
Initiate

Sotsugyo Sashin, Sakura is at best the 4th with a japanese title
Old 13th February 2013, 11:18 AM
YOU Initiate

Really enjoying the new material so far. SAKURA and Bye-bye darling are standouts so far, although petal is quite nice too. GLORIA has that chorus.. but I feel like the rest of the song I am just waiting for that.

I've gotta say, it's not quite as cohesive as Party Queen. And I'm not feeling that immediate strong emotional connection I felt to that album either. Could be the time of year, the weather or just the point I'm at and was at in my life. I just remember hearing PQ while driving to work in my car and being so blown away that I went into work ecstatic.

Hmm.. maybe I need to listen to LOVE again in the car, as soon as I get a new stereo in there.
Old 13th February 2013, 12:36 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
and pretty much the whole post had only these type of comments....actually like every post has these type of comments....GACKT's fandom is really way more um relaxed and just enjoying the stuff...on this forum people should do the same, we think too much on here, compare and so on.
So you would prefer people to just lie about how they feel about the things Ayu releases?
Sorry, I won't do that. Yes, I'm against bashing Ayu, but there is nothing wrong with saying if you don't like something (if you do it in a polite way!). And why shouldn't we compare her works? Why can't I say: "I think Ayu's earlier albums had better PVs and I enjoy them more than the new ones?"

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 13th February 2013, 01:25 PM
still alone Initiate

I was dissapointed at first, but now i'm really digging all the tracks! I love Petal and Sakura! XD the flower songs lol

set made my me

Old 14th February 2013, 06:59 PM
July 1st Initiate

So far, I think that the single, sorry, the mini-albums tracks are the better/strongest songs on this album.
First unheard song, SAKURA : typical pop, very generic, I don't like it AT ALL.
task'n'bass : very cool interlude, it begins very well, but the "dub-step" part in the middle spoils the whole thing.
Bye-bye darling : I don't get the hype for this song, it sounds to me like if it has been released in 1998-2000, but not in a good way. It sounds like dated J-pop, like the things that Ayu used to sing on Jpop Idol.
petal : it's a really good surprise ! It's like they took all the interlude of Love songs and turned them into a full song. I got that Marionette vibe, bittersweet feeling.
glasses : original interlude, quite good.
untitled for her... story 2 : great ballad, not as good as the first untitled, but still one of the better ballads of this album.
Gloria : Very powerful ballad, I liked it.

Bonus: What the ******* is You & Me doing here ? It belongs to the trashcan, isn't it ? (especially after Ivy)

To sum with the rest of the tracks, I think it's a solid album, but it doesn't worth the *high* price I paid for it. To me, the overall best track is definitely Wake me up.
I really need Ayu make an album with more strength, not this "soft strength" she gives with power ballads, but real thing. She knows how to do it, she has amazing *too rare* rock tracks.
The point is, yes I'm complaining about Ayu who doesn't make rock songs, then you'd tell me "listen to this or this, it's true Jrock". But I don't want Jrock (which I don't like that much), I want "Ayu-rock". It's like Kuu-rock, it's special, unique and a true eargasm.

Old 15th February 2013, 04:42 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
I want "Ayu-rock". It's like Kuu-rock, it's special, unique and a true eargasm.
Totally agree. Ayu's rock is on a whole separate level. Disagree about Kuu-rock though. I always though her voice would lend well to rock but the only rock song by her I find listenable is No Man's Land. I think she just gets crappy compositions for rock songs.

Ayu on the other hand... her best rock songs seem to be sent from the Gods. Like, they are just BORN.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:55 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Totally agree. Ayu's rock is on a whole separate level. Disagree about Kuu-rock though. I always though her voice would lend well to rock but the only rock song by her I find listenable is No Man's Land. I think she just gets crappy compositions for rock songs.

Ayu on the other hand... her best rock songs seem to be sent from the Gods. Like, they are just BORN.
Amen!

if you want to get people listen to ayu, blast them with GAME, is this LOVE?, BoY, t2m, Microphone, ourselves, Duty, Memorial Address, and even Moments. trust me, all the ayu-unfamiliar ears who listened to this thought they met their creator for a moment.
Old 15th February 2013, 02:50 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori-chan View Post
So you would prefer people to just lie about how they feel about the things Ayu releases?
Sorry, I won't do that. Yes, I'm against bashing Ayu, but there is nothing wrong with saying if you don't like something (if you do it in a polite way!). And why shouldn't we compare her works? Why can't I say: "I think Ayu's earlier albums had better PVs and I enjoy them more than the new ones?"
I agreeee ^^
Old 15th February 2013, 03:54 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Good solid album, basic Ayu
Old 15th February 2013, 05:02 PM
LIMIT Initiate

I really like LOVE again. The album tracks are a lot less memorable than the mini-album tracks (My favourites of which are Song 4 u and... all the 'again' tracks), imo, but Gloria and the two interludes are nothing short of lovely.

Will agree about You & Me being entirely unnecessary. Ayu should have kept her flyday nigh out of this.

Old 15th February 2013, 05:14 PM
BLUE BIRD Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post
I finally got around to listening to it and all I have to say is that this is the most boring CD I've ever heard from any artist anywhere ever. I'm going to pretend that it was never even released. Which won't be hard since I couldn't remember a single song on it even seconds after I listened to it. Like, seriously, Ayu. Seriously. This is utterly disappointing. From the covers to the songs to the PVs. JFC.

It's a great album......

to fall asleep to.

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 15th February 2013, 09:27 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I had to listen several times to LOVE again in order to make a review (and I was too busy these days to be active on AHS ugh)

LOVE again it's a solid and cohesive album, so much cohesive that I thought I were listening to an 1 hour long song.
It's not a bad thing though, because I felt like Ayu was taking a long, emotional and deep chit-chat with me through music.
I have the same feeling while listening to ASFXX. LOVE again resemble more her first album than Love songs as others said before, imho. But with better vocals . There aren't outstanding nor amazing tracks that make you speechless (her last one for me was BRILLANTE), but some good tracks yep. My favorites album tracks are:

Bye-bye darling (that guitar intro )
SAKURA
petal
untitled for her... story 2

Single tracks:

ALL of them except You&Me

Overall it's a great album especially vocally and lyrically wise. I don't think it will be among my top 5 but it's far to be on my least favorites .

I'd give a 8/10 to LOVE again.

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 16th February 2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 16th February 2013, 02:35 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUCREA View Post
I really LOVE this album!!!!!
All songs are so great!!!!!!!!!!!! I enjoy every single song form minis, and all new songs are amazing esp petal, Bye-bye Darling and SAKURA. Her voice is better than previous releases as well. This album is one of her best relreses in my opinion.

However I don't satisfied with PVs this time......maro appears here 3 times, the concepts of some PVs are kind of boring......
And if LOVE and again two minis can be released as singles, this promotion will be better.

Overall 9/10
I heard that!! It was an amazing album really!!
Old 16th February 2013, 05:59 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I do like the more rock like songs, but this is still my favorite album in a long time. I like all the songs and I think the PVs are really good too.

Complete Ayu Concert DVD Thread

Old 18th February 2013, 08:11 AM
TO BE Initiate

Why are so many people complaining about You&Me? It's one of the best tracks there, and the lyrics fit so well thematically to the rest of the album.
Old 18th February 2013, 09:49 AM
Connected Initiate

I think this album is really one of her bests ♥

It flows perfectly and every song is special and nice to listen to.

Good job Ayu^-^
Old 19th February 2013, 09:15 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

One of the best albums ever... Ayu surprised me.. You know I was so disappointed by the last album (I couldn't hear it entirely , the songs were so poor..)
Now i'm just on heaven listening to that album..
Thank you Ayu, you're back!
Old 19th February 2013, 09:37 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jang-kun View Post
if you want to get people listen to ayu, blast them with GAME, is this LOVE?, BoY, t2m, Microphone, ourselves, Duty, Memorial Address, and even Moments. trust me, all the ayu-unfamiliar ears who listened to this thought they met their creator for a moment.
omfg dead
Old 20th February 2013, 11:16 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarnes10 View Post
I do like more rock like songs, but this is still my favorite album in a long time.
My thoughts exactly

Still listening to the whole album every day without skipping a single track and loving it to death. I couldn't even imagine this may ever happen... I'm really shocked and surprised. Ayu, thank you so much for these feelings and emotions...

Last edited by kalikagai; 20th February 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Tags
love again