The Official Angela Aki Thread III - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 19th June 2013, 10:19 PM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
i like the single. happy she made another one! I wonder if this means an album soon!
I sure hope it does. I listened to Blue for months on a daily basis. Doubt the new album will be better than Answer, but I'm excited nonetheless. Angie's a genious, she can't create bad music.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:43 PM
GREEN Initiate

true that. I loved Blue so much! I ant something just as epic!
Old 19th June 2013, 11:26 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I was so excited for Blue because Kokuhaku was my drug. Then Blue came out and angie gave us ukulele, monkeys and jazz.
unfffff.

But I'm kinda over that album. Today is better I think because it's more upbeat. It's the perfect summer album from her.

They were also saying that we're getting a new album soon. I'm semi excited. NOT as excited as I was for Blue. Yume/Ai does nothing for me sadly. It IS a cute song, but it's so bland and kinda generic, you know? Angie has done WAY better. WAAAAAY better.
Old 20th June 2013, 12:51 AM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
I was so excited for Blue because Kokuhaku was my drug. Then Blue came out and angie gave us ukulele, monkeys and jazz.
unfffff.

They were also saying that we're getting a new album soon. I'm semi excited. NOT as excited as I was for Blue. Yume/Ai does nothing for me sadly. It IS a cute song, but it's so bland and kinda generic, you know? Angie has done WAY better. WAAAAAY better.
Yume/Ai (love the abbreviation!) could've been better, yeah. I'm not disappointed, but I'm not that crazy about it either (even though I've had it on replay the whole day with around 50 listens (thanks for reminding me, last.fm)). But what made me like the song a little bit more is when I heard her whisper "unbelievable" after the bridge. That part makes me unbelievably happy for some reason haha.
But I wasn't psyched about Kokuhaku that much either. It was probably because of the release of Blue with a whole lot of new songs (before Blue came out, Kokuhaku was on 24/7). But yeah, Blue is an awesome album. Very refreshing. I got an interesting story about it too.
None of my close friends listen to Japanese music or have any interest in it (except for an occasional anime opening). I successfully created two Ayu fans on the side though . But one time, I ignored them all and decided to play Cry because of all the hype and excitement when Blue came out. And to my surprise... They all loved it. And actually made me play more of her songs! Now I frequently get asked to send Angie's songs and to play them when we hang out. The ones they love the most: Cry, aiueo, Monster, Requiem, Somebody Stop Me, Reflection, Silent Girl, Moral no Soushiki, Dalia, Your Love Song, Eyes on me (I think this one's thanks to FF, though. haha) and a few more.
I'm kinda spreading Angie madness around, nyahahahaha!
Old 20th June 2013, 01:46 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I'd recommend 'again' to any newbie fan. It's the cutest pop song that has some meaning.
Old 20th June 2013, 03:33 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I personally really like the new single, Yume no Owari Ai no Hajimari is so simple, yet so sweet. Her voice has such incredible emotion!
I did my own cover for the single tho, as i find the official a dull mess lol http://i42.tinypic.com/r9pwur.png

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise

Old 20th June 2013, 08:41 AM
GREEN Initiate

great cover!
I guess im not a very big fan or just tend to like her stuff... lol... I thought the song was nice.. but it didn't stand out or anything... none of her songs do. I've listened to every single one of her albums and I would have to say not a single song would make it on my top 50 list of anything...
they are not bad, but I just think they are a different type of listen? lol... i dont know how to explain...
Old 20th June 2013, 02:17 PM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
I'd recommend 'again' to any newbie fan. It's the cutest pop song that has some meaning.
I'd recommend anything to anyone, really. People that haven't heard of her don't know what they're missing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benikari47 View Post
I did my own cover for the single tho, as i find the official a dull mess lol http://i42.tinypic.com/r9pwur.png
Yeah, the cover is very simple. I like your cover better

Quote:
great cover!
I guess im not a very big fan or just tend to like her stuff... lol... I thought the song was nice.. but it didn't stand out or anything... none of her songs do. I've listened to every single one of her albums and I would have to say not a single song would make it on my top 50 list of anything...
they are not bad, but I just think they are a different type of listen? lol... i dont know how to explain...
That's probably because you can't really compare most of her music to any other Japanese (even western) genre. Saying it's pianopop is simple and not incorrect, but when you think about it a little more, it's not pianopop. It's Angie. I might be biased because I'm a big fan, but I find her a genre herself. She has songs that stand out of her 'usual' routine. Moral no Soushiki and Requiem for example. I'd die if she released another 10-minute perfection like Requiem on her next album. Can't forget the soothing masterpieces, touching lyrics, catchy melody and everything
That's what I like the best about her. (good thing I stopped typing, this post could've reached a few thousand words haha)
Old 20th June 2013, 03:03 PM
GREEN Initiate

^When I talk to about her I kinda think of a Japanese sarah mclachlan, lol.
Old 1st July 2013, 12:21 PM
Prologue Initiate

Where's the new album info?! I want it now!!
Old 1st July 2013, 12:52 PM
GREEN Initiate

I thought it was just a single?
Do we have a new album coming out too?
Old 1st July 2013, 04:34 PM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
I thought it was just a single?
Do we have a new album coming out too?
That's just a super optimistic speculation. I'm in need of more
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:12 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I bought the cd/DVD single the other day!
Old 2nd July 2013, 05:02 AM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
I bought the cd/DVD single the other day!
I'm pretty much done buying physical singles (except for Ayu's). I will buy Angie's new album when it comes out, though.
Oh yes! I'm thinking of ordering a few T-shirts from the official shop. Anyone done that before?
Old 5th July 2013, 12:06 AM
Prologue Initiate

I'll update the single thread in a minute with the last song from the single that wasn't available on iTunes
Old 5th July 2013, 01:21 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I kinda wanna wait to listen to Beautiful personally.
Do you think its any good, A Loon? I shall wait until I get my hands on the single.
Old 5th July 2013, 01:28 AM
Prologue Initiate

I think Beautiful should've been A side. It's absolutely amazing in every way
Old 5th July 2013, 01:34 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Some other forums are calling it a Life/country-genre piece of crap... I kinda wanna listen to the full to judge for myself but I've always wanted to wait for a CD to arrive to listen to a song fully for the first time first world problems.

What was your first impression?
Old 5th July 2013, 01:36 AM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
Some other forums are calling it a Life/country-genre piece of crap... I kinda wanna listen to the full to judge for myself but I've always wanted to wait for a CD to arrive to listen to a song fully for the first time first world problems.

What was your first impression?
Simple, touching, inspiring and encouraging
Old 5th July 2013, 01:45 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

From what I heard, I kinda got the same impression. I listened to it via iTunes JP mind you.

I wonder when the new album is coming... I'm really feeling angie again.