[A] 2012 Album Annoucement - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th November 2011, 08:24 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I wonder how many songs will be on the album... hopefully not too many interludes. I may have to put Ayu's music on repeat until this album is released. Still so excited!
Old 15th November 2011, 09:16 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

it seems like everyone is hoping for a rock album from ayu, but myself, i would sooooooooooooooo much rather have an electronica album like NEXT LEVEL. its my favorite album. i was really bummed out when she didn't continue that route with Rock'n'Roll Circus (even though i love RnRC too).

i guess i would love like 3 of each song...3 rock + 3 electronica + 3 ballads + 3 weird/other songs. and a couple of interludes of course. haha!

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 15th November 2011, 09:18 PM
rainy day Initiate

Electronic is my favorite type of music but I didn't think the choices for NEXT LEVEL were that great. Where as with rock, it's almost guaranteed she will churn out hits. It's the safest genre for her imo and I don't mind that because it's always something kickass.
Old 15th November 2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Electronic is my favorite type of music but I didn't think the choices for NEXT LEVEL were that great. Where as with rock, it's almost guaranteed she will churn out hits. It's the safest genre for her imo and I don't mind that because it's always something kickass.
you know...i love her rock songs, and often they're the songs that grab me the most at first, but at the same time, they tend to be the songs that i listen to the least as time goes on.

like for example...i loved 1LOVE soooooooooooooo much, but now i almost never listen to it.

i would love to see the NEXT NEXT LEVEL. haha!

『Last minute』

Old 15th November 2011, 09:55 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I thought NEXT LEVEL was a very good attempt at electronic for Ayu. I don't get the "rushed, unpolished" feeling everyone says about it. My brother, who is not really an Ayu fan, said Sparkle and rollin were some of the best he's heard, even including western music. And I always thought identity and LOVE'n'HATE were some of her fiercest songs.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:02 PM
Secret Initiate

If she does something like NEXT LEVEL, then she should stick to just electronic. It bothered me listening to the amazing, epic rollin' then you get the oriental GREEN right after...then you had the random rock section and a Mariah Carey-esque ballad to finish off the album.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:11 PM
rainy day Initiate

See I did not like rollin' - I think it's such a boring song and kind of annoying too. Curtain Call was boring. NEXT LEVEL was boring as well - I love the arrangement but the melody for the chorus was lacking (I am just now beginning to like the overall song). I loved identity but now I find it kind of terrible with the "Whoa whoa whoa yeeeeeaahs" - I love the chorus but the rest, well, it wasn't enough to become a forever hit with me. Bridge to the sky is the best of the new songs on the album and it's an intro. I hate LOVE'n'HATE. EnergizE I liked. All the interludes kicked ass though.

NEXT LEVEL for me is the album where all the singles are lightyears ahead of the new material.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:23 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Yeah, we will all have difference of opinion on what songs we like in an Ayu album, but the thing I'm not getting is why anyone would call her works "unpolished." I always felt that even if I disliked an album, the quality of the production was never the reason. I know this may be just my opinion but, good or bad, Ayu's songs are some of the best produced songs in the business. They sound rich but I think many other J-pop acts sound very cheap.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:27 PM
rainy day Initiate

Well I will say that R'n'R to me seemed unpolished and NEXT LEVEL not as polished as previous works.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:30 PM
JEWEL Initiate

^ How so?
Old 15th November 2011, 10:58 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I still disagree. MY STORY had some of the best rock songs ever (GAME, About You) and pre-MY STORY had Because of you which is still amazing.

I think all her rock songs have a something different which I love.

GAME is very intense, mixed with slight electronic sounds.

About You is one of my ultimate favorites. I love all the drums in it. Like something a true band would play.

alterna is unique in itself.

is this LOVE? has some of the best guitar work and production ever. Very heavy.

1 LOVE and the Secret album are very "hard rock" almost like it's influenced more so by classic rock.

Talkin' 2 Myself is bordering metal - the guitar work is the heaviest of any song she has ever had and I love that.

Mirrorcle World is ... well, Mirrorcle World. It's definitely only something Ayu could pull off.

Microphone has a slight gothic influence with the organs and also has very heavy guitar work so it's a mix of something from GUILTY meets something from Secret.

I love all these songs and they are all very unique from one another.

But as far as the album recording in London... I am a bit frightened as I hope it is NOTHING like R'n'R. I will seriously shut myself up in my room and cry for a week straight and then turn that into anger and start throwing things around my apartment and breaking windows. Lol.
I agree with you that Ayu's rock songs don't feel poserish and "no one" rocks like she does, but I don't agree that GAME is a rock song. That song is sooo pop to me, lol.

Also on the topic of production and polishedness, imo her I am... to Secret (or GUILTY) era songs were really top notch in production, but since then it's gradually declined. FIVE was a huge all time low, but Love songs was just as good production/polish-wise as her peak stuff.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:27 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
I agree with you that Ayu's rock songs don't feel poserish and "no one" rocks like she does, but I don't agree that GAME is a rock song. That song is sooo pop to me, lol.

Also on the topic of production and polishedness, imo her I am... to Secret (or GUILTY) era songs were really top notch in production, but since then it's gradually declined. FIVE was a huge all time low, but Love songs was just as good production/polish-wise as her peak stuff.
The guitar work is super heavy though. Right after the intro, when the guitars kick in, that has such badass production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
^ How so?
The songs felt much weaker. There was not as much going on in the background, not as many hidden sounds and definitely not as many layers. It's very straight-forward and not complex at all. countdown and Last Links are both like that. I feel like Don't look back is just random production with Ayu's vocals. It seems almost out of sync at time and the flow is awkward. meaning of Love I cannot comment on as I don't think I've ever made it through the whole thing. Lady Dynamite felt like at times it could be badass but it fell short. Although I cannot stand Sexy little things, it's probably the one song that has a clever arrangement and seems as if it had a decent amount of work put into it. Not to mention, the interludes are her weakest ever and Jump! makes me want to slam my head in a wall. THE introduction used weak syntesizers but despite that, I love the composition and overall feel of it. Had only they made it more standout by using a better arrangement.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:34 PM

all my favorite songs from NEXT LEVEL are getting hate!

i don't know, fans always talk about things being rushed or polished or unpolished, but honestly, i can't tell any difference.

『Last minute』

Old 15th November 2011, 11:40 PM
GREEN Initiate

Im totally into a dance album... I would love something like her I am... album or Memorial Address mini
Old 15th November 2011, 11:43 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

dance classes?? INTERESTING!!
I love when ayu "dances" like her "dance" in (don't) leave me alone.
Actually, Real Me was quite good!

I'm so excited. Even if I don't love a full release, I always love about half of it.

By the way, I love NEXT LEVEL. Though GREEN, days, and curtain call felt really out of place to me.

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 15th November 2011, 11:53 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

People were afraid Love songs would come out as a rushed album but it's very pretty done imo, much more that album which weren't made in a short time...

I just hope for a very rockish song, a very beautiful ballad and, who knows, something like GREEN/Will again, with all this I'll be already happy.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 16th November 2011, 12:28 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

i don't care what happens as long as her vocals are proper, the songs are mixed well and she isn't featuring/featured.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:36 AM

^yep, pretty much.

『Last minute』

Old 16th November 2011, 12:44 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshohhhhh View Post
i don't care what happens as long as her vocals are proper, the songs are mixed well and she isn't featuring/featured.
ITA.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:47 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I agree with other comments about not wanting anymore collabs; I would also like fewer ballads, but, other than that, I don't really have any expectations.
Closed Thread