[A] 2012 Album Annoucement - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th November 2011, 12:53 AM
from your letter Initiate

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind her doing something similar to Malice Mizer's Merveilles. They combined classical and electronic music, and they did it well.

"I've been and am absurdly over-estimated.
There are no supermen, and I'm quite ordinary, and will say so whatever the artistic results.
In that point I'm one of the few people who tell the truth about myself.
"--T.E.Lawrence

Old 16th November 2011, 02:04 AM
SURREAL Initiate

To my honest opinion, I like her studio vocals, so that is not something I worry about. I'm open for everything, J-POP, J-ROCK, etc etc except for too much ballads, sad songs, Urata and JUNO.

I prefer uplifting, happy J-POP atm and happy ballads (lol).
Old 16th November 2011, 02:16 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I still disagree. MY STORY had some of the best rock songs ever (GAME, About You) and pre-MY STORY had Because of you which is still amazing.

I think all her rock songs have a something different which I love.

GAME is very intense, mixed with slight electronic sounds.

About You is one of my ultimate favorites. I love all the drums in it. Like something a true band would play.

alterna is unique in itself.

is this LOVE? has some of the best guitar work and production ever. Very heavy.

1 LOVE and the Secret album are very "hard rock" almost like it's influenced more so by classic rock.

Talkin' 2 Myself is bordering metal - the guitar work is the heaviest of any song she has ever had and I love that.

Mirrorcle World is ... well, Mirrorcle World. It's definitely only something Ayu could pull off.

Microphone has a slight gothic influence with the organs and also has very heavy guitar work so it's a mix of something from GUILTY meets something from Secret.

I love all these songs and they are all very unique from one another.

But as far as the album recording in London... I am a bit frightened as I hope it is NOTHING like R'n'R. I will seriously shut myself up in my room and cry for a week straight and then turn that into anger and start throwing things around my apartment and breaking windows. Lol.
I think I should have elaborated a little more...but I know people are gonna disagree with this too anyways though so...rawr rawr...anyway...

I actually love nearly every single one of those songs you've listed. Some of them are some of the best songs she's ever done...but imo...The Ayu who did songs like those back then...doesn't really do songs like those anymore. They might be similar in formula or structure...but that's it.

idk it's just the way her rock songs have been going recently. There aren't THAT many of them though, and they're usually full of feeling and ayu, but the music is subpar to me, and has the general feel of trying too hard, and also, trying to hard to be like songs you listed lol

My solution to this was, she needs more diversity in the people she works with...

which, I guess, is really the only thing I want from her at all from her future releases. I don't care what she gives us really, as long as she branches out with what she's doing and testing what she can do.

random: I still don't get why RnRC gets so much hate. It has the same format of her previous albums, except the songs aren't as good. But none of her songs are "as good" so...

oh, and yey for MY STORY love. That album also gets too much hate.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 16th November 2011, 02:19 AM
Dolls Initiate

I still don't know why people wants something like RnRC/Next Level. There were a LOT better albums imo (taste is taste) I just don't get it, sorry xD I don't hate any of this album but I have similar opinion about songs like Zeke. I can't stand Love'n'Hate, rollin' was very boring at the begining, identity is only fine because of the chorus...I never listens to NEXT LEVEL, EnergizE is way too chaotic... RnRC? Lady Dynamite is chaotic, boring, and sound like a talking for me (it does have a melody but we know Ayu could do something really catchy...) Don't look back sound like an interlude for me (never liked it, I don't get that hype..) meaning of love is one of the song I don't even remember how it sound like o_O But RnRC compared to NL have more songs that I really enjoyed (even if Last Links and countdown sounds really similar, i like them) - and RnRC got awesum singles (NL got only Sparkle I highly loved) and Microphone/Sexy little things that i adored.

Sorry for offtop again
I would love to hear something like letter said, electronic with classic (epic sounds) and I'd love a violin, but PLEASE not it that "Love'n'Hate" way... I just figured how i dislike this song. It's irritating.
Old 16th November 2011, 02:32 AM
BLUE BIRD Protector

I think it would be amazing to see what a whole album done at once would sound like. It would definitely be a new thing for her and I'm really looking forward to having ALL NEW songs!! I mean, who wouldn't?? I hope we get it shortly after Christmas too.

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 16th November 2011, 03:13 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

No offense to Ayu but i'm getting tired of ballads and slow pace songs. I need some good up beat tracks!
Old 16th November 2011, 03:15 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Well...we'll have more Timmy songs im sure. So I think we're in for some different sounding songs??? Hehhe
Old 16th November 2011, 03:40 AM
from your letter Initiate

I wouldn't complain if we got something akin to this

"I've been and am absurdly over-estimated.
There are no supermen, and I'm quite ordinary, and will say so whatever the artistic results.
In that point I'm one of the few people who tell the truth about myself.
"--T.E.Lawrence

Old 16th November 2011, 03:47 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
I still don't know why people wants something like RnRC/Next Level. There were a LOT better albums imo (taste is taste) I just don't get it, sorry xD I don't hate any of this album but I have similar opinion about songs like Zeke. I can't stand Love'n'Hate, rollin' was very boring at the begining, identity is only fine because of the chorus...I never listens to NEXT LEVEL, EnergizE is way too chaotic... RnRC? Lady Dynamite is chaotic, boring, and sound like a talking for me (it does have a melody but we know Ayu could do something really catchy...) Don't look back sound like an interlude for me (never liked it, I don't get that hype..) meaning of love is one of the song I don't even remember how it sound like o_O But RnRC compared to NL have more songs that I really enjoyed (even if Last Links and countdown sounds really similar, i like them) - and RnRC got awesum singles (NL got only Sparkle I highly loved) and Microphone/Sexy little things that i adored.

Sorry for offtop again
I would love to hear something like letter said, electronic with classic (epic sounds) and I'd love a violin, but PLEASE not it that "Love'n'Hate" way... I just figured how i dislike this song. It's irritating.
i can't stand rollin' but i love LOVE 'n' HATE.

but yeah, i hope ayu will release an all-new-songs album without any singles before. it would be a new try in Japan Music Industry.
Old 16th November 2011, 04:22 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
I actually love nearly every single one of those songs you've listed. Some of them are some of the best songs she's ever done...but imo...The Ayu who did songs like those back then...doesn't really do songs like those anymore.

There aren't THAT many of them though, and they're usually full of feeling and ayu, but the music is subpar to me, and has the general feel of trying too hard, and also, trying to hard to be like songs you listed lol

random: I still don't get why RnRC gets so much hate. It has the same format of her previous albums, except the songs aren't as good. But none of her songs are "as good" so...
Yes, progress was trying WAAAAAYYYY too hard to have similarities to Mirrorcle World. The only thing I truly, truly adore about that song is the bridge. Best bridge ever in an Ayumi Hamasaki song imo. Sucks that I have to listen to this subpar rock song just to hear those few short seconds of the bridge! Lol.

And with R'n'R, it was just waaaay too hyped. I know Ayu hypes all her releases, but R'n'R was the first time where she really practically told us how her daily duties as far as producing the new album was going, and we got so many pictures from the videos and photos from the shoots. Then it was hailed as Ayu by being something along the lines of "back to basics of Ayumi Hamasaki" and I drew similarities toward MY STORY which is my favorite album. So when it was released and it was nothing at ALL like MY STORY or anything I had come to expect of the album, I wanted to die. But I have told this story so many times, I feel like a broken record. Sorry to all, lol.
Old 16th November 2011, 04:40 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

i don't want an album like NEXT LEVEL or RnRC, they were different and good, and i'm expecting something different and good now.
And since there aren't singles, i'm expecting a concept album

TWICE

Old 16th November 2011, 06:15 AM
End of the World Initiate

I am here to defend Rollin's honor and to second Zeke's disappointment in RnR Circus. That Album almost ended my love for Ayumi. Thank the lord for Love Songs, angioedema cover and all.

Last edited by Yumsushi; 16th November 2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 16th November 2011, 06:24 AM
Dolls Initiate

I'm defending Countdown until my heart stops beating!
Old 16th November 2011, 06:39 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Hmm no one is defending Love songs... I wonder why? I think to date, and with the exception of FIVE as well, this is her worst album so far, and I thought RnR was weak...
As for MY STORY, I really loved and still do love it to beats, especially the SACD surround mix. Secret was the first physical release I bought and I pretty much love it all as well, except for 2 songs. As for her three latest releases (NEXT LEVEL, RnR and Love songs) the number of songs I find irritating keeps increasing.
So I really hope for a more rock oriented album once again. I am and I can see a lot of other people are starting to feel disconnected by her balads and music in general, so let's hope for a change.
Old 16th November 2011, 07:27 AM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Well...we'll have more Timmy songs im sure. So I think we're in for some different sounding songs??? Hehhe
Thought this too, when I read Ayu telling us Timmy is with her..I suddenly felt a sort of relief

About Love songs defending..well, Is the album I loved the most after (miss)understood, the music ir rougher, her voice sounds more true to my ears and the songs reached me..RnRC rock songs except Microphone where weak imo, involved me 0% that's why I've just listened to the whole album 2 or 3 times and then listened to just a few tracks..but I feel is right to say that is an absurd comparison cause there will always be people loving RnRC and hating Love songs as far as these two albums have a totally different concept..so I believe it's just about taste and personality.

~thanks pepper for the set~

Last edited by C+R+E+AYUMI; 16th November 2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 16th November 2011, 08:02 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I LOVE Love Songs. it was such a fresh album with awesome arrangements - even her usual cute song had a stellar arrangement! everything was fresh but still so ayu. it's one of my fave albums actually.
Old 16th November 2011, 08:06 AM
Dolls Initiate

Love Songs is the kind of album I like because its cherent, but it sounds pretty boring to me....
Mostly because there's no really upbeat stuff in it that isn't cheesy. RnRC is cheesy but fun, it brought back my Ayu love after losing it in 09 with AT and NL.
Old 16th November 2011, 08:11 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I actually seriously wonder if she's trying to transition into just a ballad singer.
Old 16th November 2011, 08:12 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Yes, progress was trying WAAAAAYYYY too hard to have similarities to Mirrorcle World. The only thing I truly, truly adore about that song is the bridge. Best bridge ever in an Ayumi Hamasaki song imo. Sucks that I have to listen to this subpar rock song just to hear those few short seconds of the bridge! Lol.

And with R'n'R, it was just waaaay too hyped. I know Ayu hypes all her releases, but R'n'R was the first time where she really practically told us how her daily duties as far as producing the new album was going, and we got so many pictures from the videos and photos from the shoots. Then it was hailed as Ayu by being something along the lines of "back to basics of Ayumi Hamasaki" and I drew similarities toward MY STORY which is my favorite album. So when it was released and it was nothing at ALL like MY STORY or anything I had come to expect of the album, I wanted to die. But I have told this story so many times, I feel like a broken record. Sorry to all, lol.
Oh I see. hmm I think I could see where she would think it would be like MY STORY...but yeah...fail lol

yey for count down love.

@love: I hope not...but it isn't...the most unpredictable of moves I guess....in Japan...

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 16th November 2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 16th November 2011, 08:19 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by C+R+E+AYUMI View Post
About Love songs defending..well, Is the album I loved the most after (miss)understood, the music ir rougher, her voice sounds more true to my ears and the songs reached me..RnRC rock songs except Microphone where weak imo, involved me 0% that's why I've just listened to the whole album 2 or 3 times and then listened to just a few tracks..but I feel is right to say that is an absurd comparison cause there will always be people loving RnRC and hating Love songs as far as these two albums have a totally different concept..so I believe it's just about taste and personality.
I agree to 100%. Taste is pretty much everything. From where I come from rock and metal is something pretty much everyone listens too. It's very deep rooted in our culture to enjoy rock. So by that, I have always loved every single one of Ayu's rock songs. I feel much more connection with them. So R'n'RC got to be one of my favourite albums from her (with Duty ) very easily. And Because of You - my favourite song. While for others it might be something totally different and I will never argue them wrong.

It will never make sense for me to tell anyone why they shouldn't like a song or album just because I don't enjoy it.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Closed Thread