[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Zutto.../Last Minute/Walk~ - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 24th December 2014, 03:34 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Why do you guys always place ayu's "bad decision" under avex? At this point in her career I'm completely sure that avec wouldn't come up and say "Hey we want a single on Xmas eve, but no TV live and no DVD for the single". And maybe even some years ago when she had that #1 singles streak, they surely wouldn't give her orders without a discussion, specially after A BEST saved avex... Probably ayu herself wanted to release this as a Xmas gift, and as she wouldn't have much time to shoot PVs cause of her CDL, they came up only with the CD version. Of course, I can't tell this for sure, but the idea of avex still controlling her like this is ridiculous to me
Lol trust me if they give you freedom on most things...it doesn't mean you have it on everything. She may be a big game in their company but that doesn't mean they won't state their opinions on what she should do and what not. They probably had a thing or two to add to the decision temselves as well.
I mean even GACKT once said that he wanted to change his hair color but his company didn't exactly wanted that so he had to keep it for longer. And this dude isn't someone you can just push around. And he is one of the better selling male artists today in Japan. His stuff always hits Top 10. And someone just doesn't let him change the hair color. I mean....really...

I think it's just pure luck with the numbers and the timing. Change of genertions affect a lot of things.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 24th December 2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 24th December 2014, 04:14 PM
Far away Initiate

Oh no :/
Old 24th December 2014, 04:35 PM
YOU Initiate

I don't care about the chart, it's about MUSIC!! Go ayu! Btw I'm really happy and satisfied with the sales (19k)
Old 24th December 2014, 05:56 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Isn't the drop due to new Tuesday releases? Since Ayu released on a Monday this is her second day vs. their first days?

Old 24th December 2014, 05:59 PM
P.S II Initiate

^there are only two new releases obove Ayu on 2nd day sales ^^

Old 24th December 2014, 06:02 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

^ Oh! Thanks for the info.

Old 24th December 2014, 06:59 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Hmm... I still felt there is a lack in promotions (apart from the billboard)...? Do we have a 15s or 30s CM about this single...? And I think also due to the fact that ayu didn't do any LIVE... So for this single having such a result, I think is probably quite good already...
Old 24th December 2014, 10:48 PM
Lelio Protector

Lives aren't really promo that biring sales, at least not on recent years.

Promos that bring sales are great tie-ins like CMs, endorsements, popular dramas etc.
Can't think of anything else that would help nowadays.

Dropping to #8 isn't so bad if the releases above are selling consistently and barely drop.
ayu's single really sold relatively high for the first day, for solo female standarts.
Except for namie who would sell the same or above with a single and only a CD version.
Old 24th December 2014, 10:55 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I think ayu is actually doing really good this time. She just got weekly no. 1 on recochoku album chart, and is no. 2 on daily today (new digitals just released). I think this time the single is quite accepted by the general public.

Nowadays you have to look at digital charts as well. Physical sales may not tell 100% how popular the songs are.
Old 24th December 2014, 11:16 PM
æternal Initiate

Was there a drop? I can only see her first day sale XD

EDIT: Oh nvmind I found it. LOL

I just can't understand why they started counting the sales even before the official release date. The figures "should've been" higher if the started it on 24th. Even so, Kiss My whatever will always rank on top considering the fangirl population here in Japan recently. lol

i'm glad that the single is doinh well digital-wise. The single deserves the recognition. Its the single that I enjoy whole heartedly after quite a long time.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Last edited by hayasaki; 24th December 2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 25th December 2014, 01:11 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I think ayu is actually doing really good this time. She just got weekly no. 1 on recochoku album chart, and is no. 2 on daily today (new digitals just released). I think this time the single is quite accepted by the general public.

Nowadays you have to look at digital charts as well. Physical sales may not tell 100% how popular the songs are.
Could u please post the link to the recochoku weeklies?

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 25th December 2014, 01:46 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Could u please post the link to the recochoku weeklies?
here http://recochoku.jp/ranking/album/weekly/
Old 25th December 2014, 02:49 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Not bad

TWICE

Old 25th December 2014, 02:56 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
2nd day charting of Zutto.../Last minute/Walk - #8

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-12-23/
Ugh...

Here we go again - can she even make top five...? I have a feeling it isn't likely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
Lol trust me if they give you freedom on most things...it doesn't mean you have it on everything. She may be a big game in their company but that doesn't mean they won't state their opinions on what she should do and what not. They probably had a thing or two to add to the decision temselves as well.
I mean even GACKT once said that he wanted to change his hair color but his company didn't exactly wanted that so he had to keep it for longer. And this dude isn't someone you can just push around. And he is one of the better selling male artists today in Japan. His stuff always hits Top 10. And someone just doesn't let him change the hair color. I mean....really...

I think it's just pure luck with the numbers and the timing. Change of genertions affect a lot of things.
AGREED! Especially with the change of generations! Everyone gets older, but the younger ones, probably the majority of music buyers in Japan, are the key to sales, and they're preferring the idol image of AKB48 or Johnny's today instead of the traditional soloists of "yesterday"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Isn't the drop due to new Tuesday releases? Since Ayu released on a Monday this is her second day vs. their first days?
Tuesday was a holiday, Emperor Akihito's birthday. Don't know if that's going to affect the numbers significantly.
Old 25th December 2014, 02:59 AM
glitter Initiate

It is safe to say that she has around 20k fans left in Japan
Old 25th December 2014, 03:52 AM
SAKURA Initiate

With an #2 on the first day & then an #8 on the second, I'd say that this single is doing extremely well, so far! Which I am very happy about, because I absolutely love all three songs! I think as long as the single continues to chart within the top 10 on Oricon, it'll be just fine. Go ayu!
Old 25th December 2014, 04:10 AM
winding road H-Initiate

Great first day! The big drop is a bit sad, but I feel the week sales will be quite decent, so I'm happy. The position doesn't matter, it's not like we didn't know Kis-My-Ft2 would get #1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Why do you guys always place ayu's "bad decision" under avex? At this point in her career I'm completely sure that avec wouldn't come up and say "Hey we want a single on Xmas eve, but no TV live and no DVD for the single". And maybe even some years ago when she had that #1 singles streak, they surely wouldn't give her orders without a discussion, specially after A BEST saved avex... Probably ayu herself wanted to release this as a Xmas gift, and as she wouldn't have much time to shoot PVs cause of her CDL, they came up only with the CD version. Of course, I can't tell this for sure, but the idea of avex still controlling her like this is ridiculous to me
I agree, at this point I think Ayu is the one who decided she wanted her single to be released on christmas and the amount of promotion she's going to do (though of course the billboards and CMs are on Avex). And I don't even know if it's a "bad decision", I don't think she cares about what position she is in, she just wanted to give her fans a single on christmas, I think that's great.
tbh, I don't think she would have gotten #1 if it was released on a different week anyway. If you look at the artists who topped all previous weeks, it was always idols that she probably wouldn't be able to beat, so it makes no difference (sure, if it was last week she would have guaranteed at least #3 with just her first day sales, but not #1).

She's doing really well on digital rankings, though

Last edited by pimenta; 25th December 2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old 25th December 2014, 04:45 AM
appears Initiate

Somewhat impressed. She's reasonably competing against Namie's single performances right now, which is good considering Ayu still isn't throwing around the same weight as Namie has these last few years.
Old 25th December 2014, 09:00 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Anyway why Kisumai's new single was able to sell 238,024 on the 1st day (let alone outsold the 1st week sales of their previous single)

They had 11 editions put out in total + it's quite astounding that by tomorrow , it will unofficially become their best 1st week sales for a single

I'm a Kisumai fan & I knew upfront that their new single was going to get #1 but didn't expect it would sold so much on the 1st day
Holy shit hahaha okay

So ayu's just not trying that hard anymore. She's earned all her past successes working her ass off releasing singles every month. Right now she's just sitting back, more relaxed, coasting, and like, I deserve this after 50 singles, bitch
Old 25th December 2014, 10:26 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
Holy shit hahaha okay

So ayu's just not trying that hard anymore. She's earned all her past successes working her ass off releasing singles every month. Right now she's just sitting back, more relaxed, coasting, and like, I deserve this after 50 singles, bitch
Kisumai's previous singles also had multiple editions but their latest single has the most as outta 11 editions , 7 of them are individual covers of each member so you can imagine -_-

Anyway ...

3rd day ranking of Zutto... / Last minute / Walk - #9

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-12-24/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, last minute, oricon, walk, zutto...