You were... / BALLAD information thread [IV] - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th November 2009, 05:26 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

How can you be a fan and not care if she loses her streak?
Makes no sense to me.
Old 13th November 2009, 05:27 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

fukuyama?! wow..that's a real thread..
i think it will be hard for her to keep her number one streak...but there is still a 50-50 change that she can win this...not in a big different...just small..i think there is a possibility...
what we can do is just hope that ayu-fans will buy this like crazy

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 13th November 2009, 05:34 AM
Initiate

^ Exactly, at least 50-50. It is tougher competition than what she's had lately, but I honestly have a lot of faith in her. And I really hope they don't move it..... I hate whenever labels put out the releases on inactive dates. I'd rather Ayu at least try to go up against somebody challenging for a change, even if it risks crushing her streak. Because if she does win, it's that much more special. And even if she doesn't, it's not lot she lost her record to Gackt or something. Lol.

Many thanks to captain-kawaii123 for specially drawing this chibi for me, and also to ownsarai for creating the beautiful signature.
Old 13th November 2009, 05:35 AM
UNITE! Initiate

This will be an interesting week (well, when the single is released) if they don't change the date. I don't know who that guy is (even after looking at his Wiki), but after seeing some of your reactions... he could be a real threat all over again.

Ahh, it'll just be like GUILTY's release... #1 for a few days, and then, BAM!, #2 weekly.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 13th November 2009, 05:42 AM
Dolls Initiate

oh boy...I don't think ayu can compete with him. I wonder what avex will do...
Old 13th November 2009, 05:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I don't know who that guy is (even after looking at his Wiki), but after seeing some of your reactions... he could be a real threat all over again.

Ahh, it'll just be like GUILTY's release... #1 for a few days, and then, BAM!, #2 weekly.
He was in a drama that was pretty well received. Galileo's the name if you've ever heard of it. He also has had several singles that sold pretty well. I think one of his singles which was a 3A/4A or something in 2003 sold 390k in its first week. Since then, he's been 100k+ first week though. I'm somewhat surprised you haven't heard of him, haha. He's been #1 on SEVERAL polls involving being the best in terms of looks, voice, body, desired-lovers, etc... it's pretty crazy. (Usually the ones Ayu's also on, lol.)

I guess the main reason that he's a threat is because he has a lot of fangirls that loooooooove him from all age ranges. He's like a milder JE-esque soloist in terms of fanbase. That Matchy guy was never a threat. Maybe like 20 years ago, but not now.

Last edited by truehappiness; 13th November 2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 13th November 2009, 05:54 AM
CAROLS Initiate

damn I really hope they move it a few days at least...

well it's nice that ahs is out saving the world when ayu songs leak
you know to wait a few minutes and there is gonna be something bananas
going on

Old 13th November 2009, 05:58 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
He was in a drama that was pretty well received. Galileo's the name if you've ever heard of it. He also has had several singles that sold pretty well. I think one of his singles which was a 3A/4A or something in 2003 sold 390k in its first week. Since then, he's been 100k+ first week though. I'm somewhat surprised you haven't heard of him, haha. He's been #1 on SEVERAL polls involving being the best in terms of looks, voice, body, desired-lovers, etc... it's pretty crazy. (Usually the ones Ayu's also on, lol.)

I guess the main reason that he's a threat is because he has a lot of fangirls that loooooooove him from all age ranges. He's like a milder JE-esque soloist in terms of fanbase. That Matchy guy was never a threat. Maybe like 20 years ago, but not now.
ya..he killed many females
lol...
anyway,i really hope ayu will either release it earlier or on 16 dec(if she and avex want to take the risk).i don't hope they will postpone the release date as she had postponed the calender release date which is not so good,IMO

Old 13th November 2009, 06:01 AM

I hope they push the release forward a week, so it's released on the 9th.
Everyone will be happier...no competition, and we get the single earlier! Haha...wait, I thought her record was for FEMALE artist with most consecutive number ones? So even if she gets #2 to him, wouldn't her streak technically still continue? Correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 13th November 2009, 06:07 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
Makes no sense to me.
umm because it's not that important? i care more about her music than her sales or streaks.
Old 13th November 2009, 06:07 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Haha...wait, I thought her record was for FEMALE artist with most consecutive number ones? So even if she gets #2 to him, wouldn't her streak technically still continue? Correct me if I'm wrong...
How does #2 = #1? If she got anything except a #1, her streak (string of consecutive #1 singles) would end (because it wouldn't be a #1 single).
Old 13th November 2009, 06:08 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Exclamation No, it will break...

Quote:
I hope they push the release forward a week, so it's released on the 9th.
Everyone will be happier...no competition, and we get the single earlier! Haha...wait, I thought her record was for FEMALE artist with most consecutive number ones? So even if she gets #2 to him, wouldn't her streak technically still continue? Correct me if I'm wrong...
Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say, but no... Her streak would break unless Avex can really re-think about the release date with its competition ahead of them and MOVE it earlier or later...

Maybe a copycat from the 2010 calendar on the move back...

And will we ever see someone that will really surpass Ayu in terms of records over this century? We might - but it may be a long way... After all, Ayu's already 31 and we might be seeing signs of decline...

And I don't think I like Ayu's looks now with her dark hair already... It seems like that she feels tired... (And maybe even me - I might even be looking for Ayu "replacements" soon...)

Last edited by Bigtop; 13th November 2009 at 06:14 AM.
Old 13th November 2009, 06:11 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Makes no sense to me.
to be a fan means to like her and her music and not her charts position

I don´t care either if she will be no 1 or 20, as long as I like the songs^^

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 13th November 2009, 06:15 AM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post

and he NEVER GETS OLD!!! kind of scary isn't it...

anyways, Avex would like to keep Ayu's no.1 counting, let's wait and see...
but they should at least start promoting this single...

Instagram: Jalives

How tired I am of this unbearable distance between us. How I long for the toll of the recess bell. Have you forgotten me? Grown mindless of me? Tell me I am not writing into an abyss or that is what will become of my heart...
Old 13th November 2009, 06:27 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

There's still about a month, and we have not seen the covers yet, so my wish is that Avex can successfully move back the release date of the single (just like the 2010 calendar) so they and Ayu can ease up their tensions and nervousity...
Old 13th November 2009, 06:28 AM
count down Initiate

Seems like this guy is proving to be a serious threat. A part of me wants Ayu to fight it with him, just to see how popular/well-received she really is in Japan. But again, I kind of want avex to move the release date so that she will keep her streak. It's not something that's the MOST important to her, but to me, it's the last thing she has to "show off" about at this time.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 13th November 2009, 06:30 AM

Of course I care much much more about her music than her sales and winning streaks, but I have to support her and hope for the best with those as well. It would be an AMAZING feat if she can surpass matsuda and claim that record. I have to hope for this...it will be a huge disappointment if she doesn't attain this.
Old 13th November 2009, 06:45 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I wonder if the guy breaks her streak, wouldn't he feel bad?
I mean.. he just broke the Princess' #1-streak, he'll HAVE to feel bad right

BTW did an ayu CD release ever get changed after an official announcement?
I'm not talking about calendars or tour DVD's because I know they get postponed (a lot recently ). I'm talking about singles and albums.

Thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 06:47 AM
TO BE Initiate

It's kinda funny to see fans going all crazy. I mean most likely she might move the release date to 1 week earlier. It's not wise to release after him, since his 2+3rd week might be stronger than Ayu's 1st and 2nd, like what happened with Guilty vs Koburo.

If not, then AVEX needs to start promoting like crazy. Ayu's been lacking promotion ever since BLUE BIRD for a single. She needs to stop treating her 2 A sides as only 1 A side. It's kinda heart wrenching to hear only days, without GREEN until her concert... Her music needs to take a step up, with good beautiful covers without sex face/dead doll look, and meaningful PVs- No more half arsed work. Well I can only hope right?

Shouldn't we bind together and spread the word about the CDs? ^_^ Anything in our part too.
Old 13th November 2009, 06:54 AM
Far away Initiate

It will be a tough tough match, not even Days sold 130k last year (127k first week). I'm ready to battle it out!

*wasn't planning to buy the single but now changes his mind*
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, tinker bell, you were.../ballad