[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2019, 05:59 AM
GREEN Initiate

Im not disappointed at another tour, but I am sad that we dont get new music right now.
Hasnt she evolved tours before though? They start out as one thing and then in the middle she releases something and it changes.

She may just be gearing up to release something this year and wants to tour in the process?
Old 23rd March 2019, 06:57 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
The thing is maybe she currently has nothing to say. Maybe she doesn’t have a vision and has no idea what awaits nor what she would like to do or how to handle her career in the future. She had a mini album released less than a year ago. Let’s give her some time and see what happens. It’s not like she hasn’t released anything in 5 years.

There also might be things she doesn’t feel comfortable sharing with everyone that she might be going through. So I think the entitlement does happen to an extent.
My point is that it's naturally to openly wonder and discuss this among her fanbase. I'd agree more with it showing entitlement if we were talking about people messaging her openly on Twitter or other social media, but on a forum discussing her career... I think being rude to people just openly saying what they wish would happen isn't really doing anything productive If we all pretended we were okay with what's going on or were not open with what we wish was different, what's the point?

I don't agree when people call her lazy or personally insult Ayu seriously, but that's another subject entirely.
Old 23rd March 2019, 07:44 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
My point is that it's naturally to openly wonder and discuss this among her fanbase. I'd agree more with it showing entitlement if we were talking about people messaging her openly on Twitter or other social media, but on a forum discussing her career... I think being rude to people just openly saying what they wish would happen isn't really doing anything productive If we all pretended we were okay with what's going on or were not open with what we wish was different, what's the point?

I don't agree when people call her lazy or personally insult Ayu seriously, but that's another subject entirely.
I think it’s more about the way some of the things are said. Of course I would love her to release a new album with n new high quality videos and have a grand arena tour with props and a flying car, but it’s not the end of the world if she doesn’t do it every year. It’s fine to have expectations, I just think that people are often disappointed because she isn’t doing exactly what they want.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 23rd March 2019, 08:00 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

What's so bad about entitlement btw.?
If fans don't say to her what they want how should Ayu know? Don't really understand the problem or the negativity about it. It all depends on how it is worded.
And most of the time I don't see bad comments, neither here nor from Japanese fans.

What Ayu is going through is hard and it's understandable if she's keeping it to herself or doesn't really know where to head. Absolutely.
But so harsh this may sound - fans are not her friends.
It's still business and as already mentioned she has to keep a balance here, if she wants to keep doing what she loves. Pretty sure her fans would want her to, but we are all human and if people feel disconnected and disappointed, they lose interest... That's natural.
Nobody can understand her if she's not talking. Feeling misunderstood goes also both ways, especially if everything is simply open to interpretation.
She doesn't have to elaborate in details, for most fans some sentences or confirmation would probably be enough, they're (big) fans after all. Confirming where she and her fans are staying. Or even how unsure the situation is. Idk. Not even personal, but for her career.
Transparency is a good thing to a certain extent.

There will always be some big fans of her around, no matter what happens, I'm sure.
So if she's alright with everything, how it goes, everything I just said also doesn't really matter.
Well, except for avex maybe, lol.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 23rd March 2019, 10:47 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
I wonder what the japanese fans reaction was regarding this tour announcement.
I liked one comment of Japanese fan: Trouble agaiiin?

Quote:
Actually that is not entirely true, the fact that she can keep doing what she likes (being on stage) is because she has got supportive fans who go to her tours and buy her merch.
Again, nobody's forcing anyone to go to her concerts. Those who continue going are supporting the current state of events.

Quote:
If she doesn't want her fanbase to shrink she has to please her fans.
It's shrinking regardless. You can't please everyone.
Her not releasing new music is something to be accepted. It's like you want to use whip to make her work on new songs. She will release them when/if she's ready. If she's completely forced, nobody will enjoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Agree and need to add. Being a musician or performer as ayu is also a job. More creative and free than regular manager for example, but still job that need to be done until she stop this part of her career.
It's up to artist and the contract to decide what needs to be done.

Last edited by Chris85; 23rd March 2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 23rd March 2019, 12:21 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
I think it’s more about the way some of the things are said. Of course I would love her to release a new album with n new high quality videos and have a grand arena tour with props and a flying car, but it’s not the end of the world if she doesn’t do it every year. It’s fine to have expectations, I just think that people are often disappointed because she isn’t doing exactly what they want.
I think we're talking about two types of feedback here. My original post was just about the fans asking for a statement from Ayu some point in the future, some insight on her thoughts on her career and what she wants to do. That's not exactly demanding music videos and a grand arena tour. Just some dialogue so her fans know what she sees for herself going forward. As Yoake said near the beginning of the thread, the Numero interview could have something.
Old 23rd March 2019, 01:46 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

As Corvina said, to sustain another point, she is not our friend, she is a popstar. She doesn't owe us explanations about her though process or about her personal life to a bunch of strangers just because they buy her stuff and demanding that is being entitled.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 23rd March 2019, 05:16 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
I think we're talking about two types of feedback here. My original post was just about the fans asking for a statement from Ayu some point in the future, some insight on her thoughts on her career and what she wants to do. That's not exactly demanding music videos and a grand arena tour. Just some dialogue so her fans know what she sees for herself going forward. As Yoake said near the beginning of the thread, the Numero interview could have something.
I get what you are saying, but I think her actions say that she wants to tour.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 23rd March 2019, 05:36 PM
TO BE Initiate

If she isn't inspired or want to make any music right now, or have anything to say, why should she? If she forced out music now she doesn't want to make, we would all be complaining how forced her music is. I think it's great she knows what she wants to do and is motivated to do.
Old 23rd March 2019, 07:42 PM
Curtain call Initiate

Quote:
Actually that is not entirely true, the fact that she can keep doing what she likes (being on stage) is because she has got supportive fans who go to her tours and buy her merch. If there was no Ayu there would be no fans but the other way round applies too, if there were no fans left Ayu would be forced to stop her carreer, the general public has stopped caring about her a long time ago so she entirely relies on her fanbase. If she doesn't want her fanbase to shrink she has to please her fans.
No she doesn’t have to please anybody. She’s doing things differently now and she’s still getting sales, she still sells tour tickets, still sells merchandise. Sure her fan base is less now but people who like what she’s doing now are still supporting her. There are fans who like that she’s touring now and releasing less. And she has never pleased her fans because with every release and tour there will be always people who don’t like what she’s doing.

Quote:
I get what you are saying, but I think her actions say that she wants to tour.
Exactly.
Old 23rd March 2019, 09:45 PM
Initiate

Imagine we're discussing a printer. The printer stops working right, so we go to a forum to discuss alternatives and wonder what we can do. And then, some other user says "We shouldn't demand things from the printer's company, they will release a fix when they're ready, have some faith". But the thing is, without knowing a fix is in the works, we will try to discuss what we want from the company, and by exchanging points of view, we might even get a temporary fix or solution while the company releases the fix.

The thing is, this is how things are, why aren't we allowed to comment and say openly what we would want from Ayu, without seeming entitled? Like some of you mentioned, Ayu is not our friend, so as harsh as it might sound, she is someone who provides stuff we can buy, and talking about it is not only logical, but needed. I understand some of you have Ayu in a pedestal, but I haven't read any comment saying "She owes us new music, why isn't she providing?". People are expressing what they would like to have, and that's not entitlement, it's just expression of one's wants.

It's like the typical tune of when an artists releases a teaser of a new song, and when fans comment on it, there is ALWAYS someone saying "If you're gonna complain, at least wait til you hear the full thing". But if that happened, forums would be done by now. People like to discuss what happening now, since that's what we can comment on NOW.

Ok, this post is getting too long, but I hope you get my point. Discussing the current stuff and expressing what we want, is not entitlement, it's the natural thing to do as fans.

Set, courtesy of the always reliable Yoake!
Old 23rd March 2019, 10:16 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ I can’t believe you actually compared a person to a printer. You own the printer and the company has to service it and produce spare parts for a number of years. Last time I checked ayu has not made any promises she will release an album every year. Plus if I may remind everyone TROUBLE is still less than a year old.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 23rd March 2019, 11:10 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
^ I can’t believe you actually compared a person to a printer. You own the printer and the company has to service it and produce spare parts for a number of years. Last time I checked ayu has not made any promises she will release an album every year. Plus if I may remind everyone TROUBLE is still less than a year old.
My thoughts exactly. We don't own Ayu? She's a human being.
Old 23rd March 2019, 11:24 PM
Initiate

Quote:
If you want to think I actually compare a person to a printer, then feel free, I was just using another example to show how people react to things, not to actually think Ayu is a thing. And you know that. If I compared Ayu in this case to another artist, it wouldn't work, cause the same kind of emotions would be clouding the judgement of people.

Again, if you want to think I expect Ayu to release things on a timely manner, cause she is a product, feel free, even if you know I didn't mean that particular comparison to be made. Ayu is a person like all of us, and we shouldn't demand her to release new music anytime we want, but it is obvious fans will always want new music, that's why there are fans. Is it that hard to understand that fans want new material to listen? Again, I didn't read any comment in this thread claiming they think Ayu must release new music, and in contrast, they express what they would like, which is not the same as a demand from her.

Old 23rd March 2019, 11:46 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

There's a difference between expressing you don't like the fact there's no new music (what I would love to have as awell), or new PVs (same), or that touring around Japan is boring for her foreign fandom (agree, but doesn't bother me personally), and that's not entitlement.

Complaining she isn't explaining her decisions to us is entitlement. She doesn't owe us explanations about her though process or creative imputs or release schedule.

And I agree that as a popstar she is a product at some extent, but that doesn't mean she must release shit just because her fandom wants her to. It's a creative product, not a new line of kit kats.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 23rd March 2019, 11:53 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Complaining she isn't explaining her decisions to us is entitlement. She doesn't owe us explanations about her though process or creative imputs or release schedule.
I stand corrected, I hadn't seen in that way. You are right about that

Old 24th March 2019, 01:40 AM
still alone Initiate

Fans are simply expressing their disappointment and saying what they would prefer Ayu to do instead and also that they would really appreciate it if Ayu would express her plans for the present and future of her career. It's fine that Ayu has chosen to tour again if that is what she wants to do. But that's her. Not everyone is going to agree or like it. I will say that Ayu shouldn't be called lazy. She actually has been working really hard these last few years. I think Koumori and XFER explained things rationally and maturely.
There really is no point in arguing over it. It's just Ayu's defense squad out in full force because she is receiving some criticism for deciding to tour again, an idea that was already unpopular among fans before she even made the decision. So now they are grasping at straws, shaming others and throwing accusations of entitlement around. Which is ridiculous.
Old 24th March 2019, 06:11 AM

Personally I would also prefer new music and her touring less, but after the disappointment and joke TROUBLE was I'm kinda at a point where I don't care anymore. I'm really excited for both Saitama dates and can't wait to go, which is enough atm to keep my fandom alive.
What worries me though is that it feels to me as if her fanbase, which was pretty solid for the last years, is going to also care less simply because they're bored too. The people I know went to every single tour the last few years but are not interested in the slightest to go to this one also and frankly found the last tour already pretty boring and some of them were heavily disappointed. Of course this is just a sample size of four people, but from what I read online a lot of Japanese fans also don't seem thrilled for another small tour.
In the end Ayu has to decide what she wants to do, but if she isn't able to keep her fan base interested in what she's doing, there will be a time when there are too less people going to her concerts in order to tour as much. As soon as fans start to not care anymore and lose interest and move on for good, there won't be much that brings them back. Especially since Ayu lives from a pretty invested fanbase, those people would simply find another artist as a new hobby and won't put their current hobby on hold like Ayu does with her music.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 24th March 2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 24th March 2019, 07:58 AM
starting over Initiate

^Japanese fans aren’t that forgiving from what we’ve seen. So ayu losing more than half of her fan base is completely possible.
Old 24th March 2019, 08:42 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
As Corvina said, to sustain another point, she is not our friend, she is a popstar. She doesn't owe us explanations about her though process or about her personal life to a bunch of strangers just because they buy her stuff and demanding that is being entitled.
Being interested in her career and what she has to say about it isn't being entitled. It's being invested. I'm not mad at her for doing x and y, I'm not going on angry Twitter rants, nor do I think she owes us new music. I stated the only thing I would like is to hear from the woman herself because it's such a difference in work ethic and focus for a longer period of time now.

I'm honestly not surprised if people are put off discussing things here if they get people saying "but she's not your friend" and "you're being entitled" for saying you hope for a statement at some point Ayu is definitely an artist and a celebrity and this is my reaction as a fan to this news, in the thread meant to be discussing the news.

You're right that her actions say she wants to tour. I'll keep hoping that an interview or social media post will mention why she wants to extend the TROUBLE tour even longer. I guess we'll agree to disagree on if that shows interest or entitlement.
Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020