[BoA] The 27th Official Thread 『I SEE ME』 - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th November 2010, 03:07 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I kind of knew that fact but forgot. Isn't Christianity huge in Korea?
Old 5th November 2010, 03:08 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

As long as she isn't obsessive over her religion (which i cant see her being) i'd really enjoy being with her frequently... doubt that'd ever happen though.

Oh and i kept thinking BoA's birthday was in September lately... must have been confusing it with someone else's...

@jbrat i loved that song too.
Old 5th November 2010, 07:17 AM
End of the World Initiate

Happy birthday BoA!

TwitterFacebooklast.fm
Istoria ~Kalliope~
Akiko Shikata Live @ HATS FES '07 MP4
Shikata Akiko's Full Discography + Ar Tonelico Songs
Pantalea is a mystical flower that only blooms once a year...

Old 5th November 2010, 07:28 AM
MY STORY Initiate

lol I never knew she was catholic :0 Well, she doesn't seem serious about it so whatever. Her music is all that really matters. <3

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 5th November 2010, 08:32 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Happy Bday, BoA!

and omg I love make a secret!

IG | YT | PR

Old 5th November 2010, 08:48 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I kind of knew that fact but forgot. Isn't Christianity huge in Korea?
I don't know. Maybe. lol ^_^
Old 5th November 2010, 04:13 PM
Initiate

I hope I'm not late to say Happy Birthday to BoA!!

I didn't know she has a dog!! Is there any picture of her pet dog??

I always thought she has a cat!! OMG.

Namie-Fans.net
Old 5th November 2010, 04:41 PM
winding road Initiate

^ she had cat called Sara (yep, it's related to that song lol, I think the cat was in the MV) but nobody knows what happened to it lol. Here you can see how Pama looks: http://kinzie.byethost7.com/piwigo/p...7/category/314

I don't think religion matters to her a lot, it's just tradition.

@jbrat2219: thank you! I'm trying my best lol. next months don't seem to be filled with lot of news though

Official site message

Quote:
"Hi. This is BoA. ^^ All my fans you are all well right?
Today, 5th Nov, on my bday everyone sent congratulatory messages.

To say thank you, I'm leaving this post.. Unfortunately I'm not in Seoul now. I'm unable to celebrate my bday with everyone.. ㅜㅜ

Altho its unfortunate that I can't be with my fans.. I am thankful for everyone's congratulations~^^ it's been 10 years since my debut..

Above all, its a blessed day to be with everyone who are cheering from everywhere. With a thankful heart I will show an even better side.

I might be talking to much on my birthday because it's embarrassing I'll just write till here~hehe=
AH! Be careful of the cold~~~~"
Credit: soompi

→ BoAKuri is the best OTP ever
Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY @BoA_1105 keep SHININ!!!!! <3 you

@CKAY26 thanks girl!! Lets grab a beer in japan soon!!! Miss ya

→ another cool tweets
Spoiler:
@officialse7en thanks bro!!!! We should go out and drink someday!! Have a good day

I still need Mcdreamy,Mcsteamy,Mcvet,orMchotty whatever^^ just chillin ma Bday whit your tweets^^
()

Thank you for the congratulatory messages (: It's a very happy day.. Even though it is a day that comes around every year, thank you for sending many messages via Twitter. All you Jumping members and many fans, thank you and I love you (:

Wow.. so this is it!! Today's Hani Newspaper!!! Everyone from the-01.com, thank you so much... ah.. It's a gift I never even imagined.. thank you thank you ^^ http://plixi.com/p/54999366

Credit: soompi

BoA nominated for 25th Golden Disk Awards
- Disk Bonsang
- Popularity Award
for both 6th album and title track

http://community.livejournal.com/omo...t/5014278.html
doubting she'll win one of these, but... considering lists are long and contain all well known idols, maybe there are multiple winners?

Last edited by noisy_harmony; 5th November 2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 5th November 2010, 04:59 PM
Initiate

^thanks!! that's a great picture!!

oh so I wasn't mistaken about her cat. HAHA.. that white cute cat.. aww.. no news about it?? That's sad.

Namie-Fans.net
Old 5th November 2010, 06:21 PM
glitter Initiate

Happy birthday, BoA!

There's never a day that I have to remember you because I never for a moment forgot you.
My LJ x Hitomi Shimatani @ LJ x Yuna Ito @ LJ x ayaka @ LJ x misono @ LJ
Old 5th November 2010, 08:27 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I hope BoA's kitty's okay.
I LOVE KITTIES!!

@orangedream I think a lot of the asian stars have small dogs. Never comes as a surprise to me. BoA, Ayu, Kumi, Jay Chou all have ones... I think Jolin Tsai does too.

Only one I know thats totally into cats is Shoko Nakagawa. She's got a ton and she names them all after Sailormoon characters. We both have the same two favorite things.

Oh, and back onto full topic, what was her birthday exactly? If it was November 5th than maybe i was confusing BoA's bday with my niece's which is Sept 5th... I kept thinking BoA's was in September.
Old 5th November 2010, 08:33 PM
winding road Initiate

^ today is her birthday, 5th November
Old 5th November 2010, 08:41 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^oops. well just sent her late birthday wish.
Guess i did get it mixed up with my niece's.
Old 7th November 2010, 04:36 PM
sending mail Initiate

omg, i'm late!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOA

Old 7th November 2010, 04:58 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Thanks for the new thread! The first post is so professional, well done!

Is there any broadcast date for the audio technica CM already?
Old 7th November 2010, 06:21 PM
winding road Initiate

^ Thank you!

No we don't know yet It can be aired on any another day...

Another article brought from her mother's book. Long but if someone is interested about pre-debut BoA, it's worthy reading.

Quote:
BoA's Mother, "15 casting proposals for BoA, the reason why we chose SM amongst them is.."
(Interview ①)

In total there were 15 entertainment companies from which BoA received casting proposals. What reason could there have been to choose BoA's current agency SM Entertainment, in which BoA is continuing her trust for the 10th year.

BoA debuted in the Korean music industry at the age of 13 and even challenged Japan the following year. She became the female singer to take the number 1 spot when one counts Korea's representative female soloists. After BoA succeeded, there was a person who firmly anchored her so that she, having been thrown into the entertainment industry at a young age, would not be shaken.

BoA's mother Sung Youngja-shi raised the three siblings of pianist Kwon Soonhwon-shi who is the oldest child, music video director Kwon Soonwook-shi who is the second child, and the Star of Asia BoA. No matter who looks at them, they are successful children who have nothing to envy others about. Sung Youngja-shi published "The Golden Rule" and revealed the success story of the three siblings and her child-raising methods.

When BoA was in the 5th grade in elementary school she danced at a dance competition which opened at a neighborhood department store and came to be cast by her current agency SM Entertainment. Truthfully the main star of this performance was BoA's second older brother Soonwook-shi. BoA went up on stage and danced during the time the judging results were being brought out and caught the eyes of numerous scouts.

Sung Youngja-shi revealed during her most recent interview with Newsen, "We received 15 calls from entertainment agencies who saw that performance and wanted to cast BoA. However, we refused them all." It was a moment during which 'the Star of Asia' BoA almost came to not exist to the world.

Ms. Sung recalled that, "We rejected all of them because BoA was too young. However BoA went on about it the entire day. I asked our oldest what he thought. Our oldest vigorously recommended it. Because he was a child who attended an arts high school I thought that he would know more about it so my mind began to change a little."

Second child Soonwook-shi also wished to become a singer but was met with opposition. Why was only BoA allowed?

"It was determined that our second child danced well, but that his singing ability was average. BoA sings well so they sought to cast BoA rather than her older brother."

Could there be a special reason as to why they chose SM Entertainment, with whom BoA is continuing her 10th year, when offers came in from 15 places. For certain, the oldest brother's strength was influential in this.

"At first we refused SM as well. Our oldest said that the kids at his arts high school thought that even just auditioning for SM was a remarkable thing. He said that the one kids their age favored and wanted most was SM. Because our children are smarter and more knowledgeable than us it reached our thoughts."

Reading "The Golden Rule," one wonders how Ms. Sung is able to listen to her children's words without objection to such an extent.

Ms. Sung revealed her child-raising method by saying the simple statement, "I think that worse outcomes result when we oppose to what our children want to do."

When one thinks about what the presence of the singer named BoA is like, one cannot help but send applause to the valued opinion of Ms. Sung, who did not object to BoA's choice. 'The Star of Asia' BoA's birth began with the mother who supported her child's choice unconditionally.

Kwon Soobin ppbn@newsen.com / Im Saeyoung seiyu@newsen.com

Source: Newsen
Original article: here
English translation: live laugh love @ Soompi
Old 7th November 2010, 07:08 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Whoa, that's quite interesting... A process like which college you want to attend, choosing an agency can be tough also...
Old 8th November 2010, 07:52 PM
winding road Initiate

I read CM is supposed to broadcast on 19th... Not confirmed though.

Anyway...

COPY & PASTE Repackage album scans
Spoiler:

Zip file: Mediafire

Credit: KanJi @ BoAjjang

and a must-read
Quote:
BoA's Mother, "BoA, who fought for her life twice, others speak of it dismissively"

On September 10th, 2008 BoA was wearing a cast on her left arm when she appeared at the press conference to announce her entry into the American market. Although BoA entered the press conference with a bright expression as though it was nothing to be concerned about, in reality the condition of the arm inside the cast was more serious than people thought.

BoA debuted in the Korean music industry at the age of 13 and even challenged Japan the following year. She became the female singer to take the number 1 spot when one counts Korea's representative female soloists. After BoA succeeded, there was a person who firmly anchored her so that she, having been thrown into the entertainment industry at a young age, would not be shaken.

BoA's mother Sung Youngja-shi raised the three siblings of pianist Kwon Soonhwon-shi who is the oldest child, music video director Kwon Soonwook-shi who is the second child, and the Star of Asia BoA. No matter who looks at them, they are successful children who have nothing to envy others about. Sung Youngja-shi published "The Golden Rule" and revealed the success story of the three siblings and her child-raising methods.

Ms. Sung's method of treating her children is to 'Listen to what the children have to say.' It is easy to say in words but difficult to translate into action. There are many instances of most parents ignoring their children's words, saying "You're young, what do you know." There was a moment when Ms. Sung realized that listening to what children have to say is the best method.

"Worse outcomes resulted when I opposed to what my children did. I felt that most strongly during the ranch incident."

When BoA was 5 years old Ms. Sung and her husband were operating a ranch in Namyang Province. It tugged at her heartstrings to leave young BoA at home so Ms. Sung willfully brought her along to the ranch, although BoA cried and adamantly refused to go.

BoA's father had been holding a wooden post in order to put up a column at the ranch. Her father lost his grasp on the wooden post as he exchanged small talk with a guest who was visiting the ranch and BoA, who had been standing by the side watching, was hit on the forehead by the post and collapsed bleeding.

"I thought BoA had died. That's when I very clearly realized. I have to listen to the things my children say. If BoA had died then I would have endured heartache my entire life. As I watched her thankfully survive I felt that I should allow my children to do as they wished."

BoA, who fell as her blood streamed down, suffered an injury severe enough that even the white bone of her forehead was visible at the time. The couple, who had been unable to breathe because they thought that the precious daughter they had raised indulgently was dead, was able to let go of that great fear when they saw BoA, who had collapsed, suddenly bounce up and screech, "I'm going to die!" BoA was moved to a hospital and received 17 stitches on her forehead.

After the moment BoA experienced a serious injury when she was 5 years old there was one more instance. When she held her press conference for her entrance into the American industry in 2008, BoA had an accident and tripped on a staircase and entered the conference with a cast on her left arm.

Ms. Sung's forehead showed frown lines when she recalled her daughter's suffering as she said, "When her arm was injured then, the doctor was unable to properly anesthetize her so she had to endure the pain in that state and be anesthetized again. Others spoke dismissively of it, asking why she was doing that with an injury so minor, but to BoA it was a point-of-view where she passed by death."

The faction that viewed BoA with negative gazes reacted to BoA's injury by making comments like, "Way to overreact to something so minor." BoA's injury was not minor in degree and last year she had to venture into a major surgery to drive a metal pin into her arm once again.

"When BoA appears on TV all I can see is the scar on the forehead she injured when she was little. In a mother's eyes, only the things that others do not see are visible. Even when others see BoA's impressive image and cheer, I can only think about the pain from the effort the child put forth."

Ms. Sung is no different from any other mother thinking of her daughter. When Ms. Sung recollected the times BoA had been injured her face was full of pain as though she was experiencing the ache herself. While BoA was hurting her mother was overcoming the pain of her heart breaking.

Kwon Soobin ppbn@newsen.com / Im Saeyoung seiyu@newsen.com

Source: Newsen
English translation: live laugh love @ Soompi
;_; girl is so strong.

Last edited by noisy_harmony; 8th November 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 9th November 2010, 07:47 AM
Initiate

^Thanks for sharing!! Did'nt know she had such a serious injury when she was young!!

Glad that she survived.. if not, we wouldn't have such an amazing artiste!

Namie-Fans.net
Old 9th November 2010, 12:34 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^And to have also lost such a wonderful person would also be a tragedy as well.

I honestly never knew about that injury either.
Closed Thread

Tags
boa, jpop, kpop