How do you rate Kuu's JAPONESQUE? (write your reviews) - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Asian Music Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you rate JAPONESQUE? (out of 5)
1 5 5.26%
2 5 5.26%
3 8 8.42%
4 32 33.68%
5 45 47.37%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th January 2012, 05:32 PM
still alone Initiate

Can't judge the album so early seeing as I only listened to it a few times. But as for now I really don't get the hype and I'd give it a 3 at best. But my opinion will probably change later.
Old 24th January 2012, 07:56 PM
ayu trance Initiate

4 - I like lots of songs, some are amazing, but T-Pain RUINED VIP, which I loved, so I had to dock them marks.

///crystal-castles\\\
///made-by-yoake\\\
///alice+ethan\\\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana Del Rey
Yes, I am f--king crazy. But I am free.

Old 26th January 2012, 01:09 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

After listening to it again, I feel like I like it WAY more!

I love Introduction, Boom Boom Boys, Interlude, Escalate, Love Me Back, Ko-So-Ko-So, and No Man's Land!!! Actually I really like No Man's Land! It's amazing!

So yeah, I am glad I really like the album now!

Peter Parker With A Fashion Sense
Old 26th January 2012, 01:33 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

4/5 (I didn't like the album version of VIP and Brave felt out of place. :\)

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm
Old 26th January 2012, 01:39 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I love my koda, and I am so proud of this album. I dont think its perfect or mindblowingly amazing in the way I imagine perfect albums to be, but I do think its the best album in terms of showing off who she is. The songs, while still in her genres, are different from her past styles, and I think Dejavu made the transition to these types of songs really nicely.

I do love the range of the album, its perfect. And all the different musical influences is just pure greatness for me. The packaging is one of the best Ive ever seen come out of Avex lol

I could definitely understand why a person wouldnt like the album though, especially if they arent a fan, or only like her ballads and pure pop songs, or if they like pure japanese pop. This is a very western album lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 26th January 2012, 01:48 AM
Two of us Initiate

I voted 4, but a high 4 LOL.

It's her best studio album for me. The singles aren't the strongest tracks for the first time in ages, however there is filler. Also not a fan of her recent 'ballad/slow song section' within an album.

Like I said, best studio album ... but that's me treating Second Session as a BEST. When she releases a Japonesque with a 'you' and 'Shake It Up' that will be her definitive moment.

As to your dilemma, buy it. Amazing album, 13/17 PV's have a decent budget and the artwork/whole theme is Kumi iconic. This is the album we'll all be referencing in 5 years when another album is announced lol

Old 26th January 2012, 03:34 PM
ever free Initiate

I'm in the minority. I give it a 3/5. The album was nothing special and certainly not earth shattering to me. But it was still a solid album.

You should still purchase the album if Kuu's music style pleases you overall.

Old 27th January 2012, 06:49 PM

I don't really like the album. I thought JAPONESQUE would be amazing, its covers and packaging are amazing, but the songs...
When I started listening and "Introduction ~JAPONESQUE~" played, I was sure that this album would be wonderful! "So Nice feat. Mr.Blistah" wasn't that great, but it was good enough for me to like it. "Boom Boom Boys" = !!!! Today I played it more than 10 times in a row and wasn't tired of it. Till now I was very happy with the album. I really don't like "V. I. P. feat. T-Pain (Album Version)" 'cos of T-Pain, but ok, just one part in a song doesn't make an album bad. "Slow feat. Omarion" is a good song and a nice switch to the ballad section. But "Brave" and "Everyday" are boring as hell and even though I love "IN THE AIR", I skiped it 'cos after those absolute boring songs I couldn't stand another ballad. "You are not alone (Acoustic Version)" absolutely killed the excited mood I was in at the beginning of the album completly. "Interlude ~JAPONESQUE~" was also really great but not as good as the introduction, but this one comes close and I had hope for the rest of the album. But "ESCALATE" wasn't really great and "Love Me Back" also. The second song of the album I really love is "No Man's Land", but "Ai wo Tomenaide" is as boring as the other ballads and it couldn't be placed worse. Yeah, I like "KO-SO-KO-SO", but it's nothing special and I couldn't even remember how "Lay Down" and "Love Technique" sound. "Poppin' love cocktail feat. TEEDA" is a really great song that I can't overplay, but it can't save the album. And "All for you" is also really boring.

So, for me there is only an epic introduction and three songs I really like/love and one of them is a single track...
Because of the nice covers and packaging and "Boom Boom Boys" I give "JAPONESQUE" a 2.
Old 29th January 2012, 02:21 AM
Curtain call Initiate

I give it a 3 there are alot of songs that I skip and I can't stand V.I.P. in it.
I love that is longer but his voice ruins it.
Old 30th January 2012, 11:41 AM
MY STORY Initiate

5/5

It may not be her best work to date (for me it's a bit hard to top Black Cherry) but this is one of those mind blowing albums of hers (secret, Black Cherry, Kingdom, UNIVERSE and Dejavu are the other ones) and I think this album might to quite well on the western market too. It just sounds so western. Of course, I can't get over the fact that Love Technique sounds like those electropop songs of 4minute's. XD Not that it really bothers me, because I love 4minute.

JAPONESQUE haven't been on repeat as much as Dejavu or Kingdom were, but there's going to be a day when this album will definitely become my most played Kuu album. It has so much potential and I think I won't grow tired with it anytime soon. I just need to concentrate on other playlists and artists before I concentrate on JAPONESQUE 24/7.

JAPONESQUE's rockish songs made me finally think that Kuu might do well as a rock singer too. Especially No Man's Land esque album would be awesome. Man, I love that song so much!

Why did I write a long essay about this?

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 30th January 2012, 04:47 PM
walking proud Initiate

I give it 4 out of 5 stars even though I only really liked the new album tracks (aside from Boom Boom Boys & Brave), plus IN THE AIR & KO-SO-KO-SO. I just felt like the old Kuu from the Kingdom era was back...Idk. I was really feeling Kuu this time around & I love the album artwork as well .
Old 31st January 2012, 03:43 AM
Two of us Initiate

I voted it 4. Actually I'm enjoying this album much and I like almost of album's PVs and it has 1 of my best hits - Ai wo tomenaide. But if compare it with secret or Black Cherry albums... Every album, Kuuchan make us feel special things and no one like other. Maybe now I don't really like it but in the future it will be one of my most favorite albums

浜崎あゆみ (Ayumi Hamasaki)
倖田來未 (Koda Kumi)
Old 3rd February 2012, 06:01 PM
Are You Wake Up? Initiate

I give it a 5 because it kept me very entertained and also I have been playing it none stop. But I will say Nothing beats Kingdom

Msmiyabi formerly known as Akurei
MsMiyabi + Koda Kumi!
Proud Koda Kumi Fan Since 2000 & Namie Amuro Fan Since 1995<3
Old 1st June 2012, 11:39 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I'd like to give it a 3.5. But for the poll, I'll round up to a 4.
Old 2nd June 2012, 08:42 PM
BEST Initiate

2, I only liked a few songs.
Old 30th July 2012, 03:36 PM
Because of You Initiate

I gave it a 3. If you remove the crap songs that make it a chore to listen to though, then it easily becomes a 5. This is what I did:

Old 3rd August 2012, 08:18 AM
fairyland Initiate

4 like it much more than other albums

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 10th September 2012, 10:11 AM
glitter Initiate

Old 7th January 2013, 10:42 PM
ayu trance Initiate

2,5 I only liked a few songs.

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 8th January 2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 7th January 2013, 11:59 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondingo View Post
I gave it a 3. If you remove the crap songs that make it a chore to listen to though, then it easily becomes a 5. This is what I did:

I second this.
I did the same thing on my iPod as well
This makes the album cool and it doesn't bore you
Now it's top notch album High Five

Last edited by axmish87; 8th January 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Tags
倖田來未, japonesque, koda kumi, kumi koda, poll