[Official Message] Ayu to perform/take part in a-nation stadium fes. in August - Page 26 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st August 2015, 12:16 PM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
OH please, like it matters, lately kumi sounds worse. They both need all the help, they can get.

Anyway, loved a nation but still hate wow war tonight though. I couldn’t help but see so many empty seats at the end. I was shocked.
Yes it does when somebody kept repeating the same old thing at all of her performance.

Old 31st August 2015, 03:17 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
OH please, like it matters, lately kumi sounds worse. They both need all the help, they can get.

Anyway, loved a nation but still hate wow war tonight though. I couldn’t help but see so many empty seats at the end. I was shocked.
Uh no she doesn't? lol Kuu is leagues ahead of Ayu as a vocalist but I'd rather not get into that. Ayu is deaf in a ear as we all know so the comparison isn't very fair. Not really sure why you mentioned Kumi when that poster didn't mention her at all. And yes SONGS was deffo edited but it's NOT JUST for Ayu! A lot of the TV shows these days have started editing vocals unfortunately. MUSIC FAIR for example is another one.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 31st August 2015, 03:45 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssayu View Post
Am I the only one who noticed you can see her lower back tattoo with those pink shorts she wears at the end of the show??

And she sounds mostly fine during the whole show imo, but I don't think the recording and sound system of the stadium do her justice.
I saw it too. I like it when you can see the other tattoos of hers ( only partly of course) except the one on her shoulder we usually see a lot.

I also think she sounded completely fine in the show
Old 31st August 2015, 04:22 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
Uh no she doesn't? lol Kuu is leagues ahead of Ayu as a vocalist but I'd rather not get into that. Ayu is deaf in a ear as we all know so the comparison isn't very fair. Not really sure why you mentioned Kumi when that poster didn't mention her at all. And yes SONGS was deffo edited but it's NOT JUST for Ayu! A lot of the TV shows these days have started editing vocals unfortunately. MUSIC FAIR for example is another one.
No.
If you think that kuu sounded better than ayu in this a-nation, at least in Osaka (because I didn't see kuu's tokyo date), then I have nothing more to add, there's nothing to get into as well.
There are occasions that even ayu sings better than kuu, despite of kuu's vocals, just because in these incidents, she controls her vocals better and she doesn't sound strained and breathey, like kuu did on osaka's a-nation. kuu's vocals were a disaster that made ayu's vocals sound like heaven at least comparing to ayu's yesterday show. kuu was leagues bellow ayu this time vocally.

I think that some recent lives proved that ayu can be as good or better vocalist as kuu and that kuu can be bad or worse as/than ayu.

As someone who also likes kuu I always thought as kuu as a great vocalist like she can do no wrong at least in that department there, but not this time and even if kuu is known for her vocals, for singing good or have good technics, she still can do wrong, and ayu as much as she is not known for being a vocalist, can still sing better at times. Like yesterday for example.
Also if ayu can sing really well, the way she sings when she sings well, the deaf is 1 ear is not a hardship for singing for her anymore, as she trained a lot to sing well and control everything while singing even if she hears with only 1 ear.

But despite all that, if you are rushing away with sentences like "it's a fact that kuu is always a better vocalist than ayu", then you will never admit that ayu can do better at times on this department (even if it's a fact that she actually can), and thus of course there's nothing to get into in here.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 31st August 2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 31st August 2015, 05:28 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy_arrow View Post
I saw many empty seats and the audience wearing the raincoat. It might rain before ayu 's performance.
Hey everyone, i noticed that ayu and urata had the same gold bracelet... i love this couple
It didn't really rain at all during the concert, there was the occasional water drop here and there.

The thing I realized about A-nation is that its kind of like a coachella or any other music festival in the world where you go and you can come in and out of the concert when there are artists you like. A lot of people went to see Exo and left after they performed, it was pretty normal. People also came for Ayu's concert. Keep in mind it starts at 3:30 and Ayu ended her set at around 9pm so its a bit of a long concert and if your not too interested in the people performing after the perosn you came to watch then you probably left.

set made my me

Old 31st August 2015, 05:40 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
No.
If you think that kuu sounded better than ayu in this a-nation, at least in Osaka (because I didn't see kuu's tokyo date), then I have nothing more to add, there's nothing to get into as well.
There are occasions that even ayu sings better than kuu, despite of kuu's vocals, just because in these incidents, she controls her vocals better and she doesn't sound strained and breathey, like kuu did on osaka's a-nation. kuu's vocals were a disaster that made ayu's vocals sound like heaven at least comparing to ayu's yesterday show. kuu was leagues bellow ayu this time vocally.

I think that some recent lives proved that ayu can be as good or better vocalist as kuu and that kuu can be bad or worse as/than ayu.

As someone who also likes kuu I always thought as kuu as a great vocalist like she can do no wrong at least in that department there, but not this time and even if kuu is known for her vocals, for singing good or have good technics, she still can do wrong, and ayu as much as she is not known for being a vocalist, can still sing better at times. Like yesterday for example.
Also if ayu can sing really well, the way she sings when she sings well, the deaf is 1 ear is not a hardship for singing for her anymore, as she trained a lot to sing well and control everything while singing even if she hears with only 1 ear.

But despite all that, if you are rushing away with sentences like "it's a fact that kuu is always a better vocalist than ayu", then you will never admit that ayu can do better at times on this department (even if it's a fact that she actually can), and thus of course there's nothing to get into in here.
Except I never said that sentence at all? And no it's not a fact at all just like my opinion isn't fact either. It's funny because to me Ayu made Kuu sound like heaven. I'm not sure if we're listening to the same lives but even in Tokyo Ayu was extremely off-key especially with SEASONS, DEPARTURES, and Summer Diary even though it was an improvement from Osaka.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 31st August 2015, 06:45 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Summer Diary was a pain to hear. Ayu used her cutesy voice and I've noticed that it's harder for her to be on key when she does that.
And I could barely hear the back up singers during this song, I was about to sing along with the "na na na na", but I couldn't hear it It was like Ayu's mic was put on the highest volume and the back ups were on lowest.

That's one of the best things with Ayu's rockish songs, she usually sings them with her real dark voice

I really enjoyed Hanabi <3

People are not memories that you can put into words. They live holding onto their feelings.

Old 31st August 2015, 08:32 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Except I never said that sentence at all? And no it's not a fact at all just like my opinion isn't fact either. It's funny because to me Ayu made Kuu sound like heaven. I'm not sure if we're listening to the same lives but even in Tokyo Ayu was extremely off-key especially with SEASONS, DEPARTURES, and Summer Diary even though it was an improvement from Osaka.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
"Kuu is leagues ahead of Ayu as a vocalist" means the same as that sentence.

Yes we were listening to the same lives, and she wasn't off key on SEASONS.
She hit the right notes of course unless we are talking about hiting the notes of the original song as in like the old vocals with the squeaky high notes, then no. And yes, I doubt that there are times when you would say that ayu sings better than kuu even when it actually happens, like this for instance. I wouldn't have problems for example, to compliment kuu when she sings beautiful and right, but this wasn't the case here.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 31st August 2015 at 08:39 PM.
Old 31st August 2015, 09:26 PM
starting over Initiate

I think kumi used to sound better than ayu live. But since ayu stared getting vocal lessons and specially after this years anation ( the final date) ayu sounds way better than Kuu and she also preformed way better than Kuu. But that's up to every individual.
Old 31st August 2015, 10:34 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
"Kuu is leagues ahead of Ayu as a vocalist" means the same as that sentence.

Yes we were listening to the same lives, and she wasn't off key on SEASONS.
She hit the right notes of course unless we are talking about hiting the notes of the original song as in like the old vocals with the squeaky high notes, then no. And yes, I doubt that there are times when you would say that ayu sings better than kuu even when it actually happens, like this for instance. I wouldn't have problems for example, to compliment kuu when she sings beautiful and right, but this wasn't the case here.
When it comes to natural ability and vocal range Kuu is in a different league which is why I said that. There may be a few times of course where Ayu has a good day and sings better than Kuu on a bad day, however this wasn't one of those times IMO. I wouldn't have a problem saying Ayu sang better than Kuu if she really did but in this case she did not. Like melissalove said I guess it's up to each individual. Not even sure why Kumi had to be brought up here as her and Ayu's vocals couldn't be any more different. If people really want to compare they should use Namie, Utada instead as they have a more similar vocal ability and range.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 31st August 2015, 10:58 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
When it comes to natural ability and vocal range Kuu is in a different league which is why I said that. There may be a few times of course where Ayu has a good day and sings better than Kuu on a bad day, however this wasn't one of those times IMO. I wouldn't have a problem saying Ayu sang better than Kuu if she really did but in this case she did not. Like melissalove said I guess it's up to each individual. Not even sure why Kumi had to be brought up here as her and Ayu's vocals couldn't be any more different. If people really want to compare they should use Namie, Utada instead as they have a more similar vocal ability and range.
Now that is a post I can relate to more (and she is being brought up like ayu is being brought up when ayu is being degraded against kuu like how it sometimes happens in kuu's thread unfortunately I suppose, but two wrongs doesn't make something right.)
Old 31st August 2015, 11:07 PM
No way to say Initiate

It's not fair to compare Kuu and Ayu's vocals. Kuu has a very loud backing track playing that she just ab-libs (or "Beyonces") over where as Ayu sings a song generally from beginning to end with live backing vocals.

I don't even know why it's comparison as Kuu isn't in the Ayu, Namie and Utada tier of Utahime.

Last edited by ExodusUK; 31st August 2015 at 11:10 PM.
Old 31st August 2015, 11:39 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Now that is a post I can relate to more (and she is being brought up like ayu is being brought up when ayu is being degraded against kuu like how it sometimes happens in kuu's thread unfortunately I suppose, but two wrongs doesn't make something right.)
It's hard for people like us who like both
On the other hand there are a ton of people who love both (hence Kuu having almost 200 threads here in the artist section) so it's not that bad

Anyway this thread is past 500 posts, new thread?

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Last edited by KuuXAyu-fan; 31st August 2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 1st September 2015, 10:13 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
I haven't seen many comments along this line of thinking but I totally agree...Wake me up was a really poor choice in this case. It's just...boring? There's nothing compelling about it, she's kind of doing her weird dance for half the song while the instrumental music plays and Kazu is being ~locked up....literally no one GAF.

If she'd come out with something like Rule, however, and started things off with a bang, it would be a different story.
I don't mind Wake Me Up as a song, but I'm disappointed she simply recycled the performance from A Best Live, you know, the whole being chained up thing, the pause, the crash, etc. It just felt very lazy, you know?

She should have done more with the Wake Me Up performance from Countdown Live 2012-2013 instead. The ropes and the netting from that performance made me think of the beach (even if there wasn't any sand or water in the performance) and it really sold the whole metaphorical crumbling "Sand Castle" theme of the song, you know?

| twitter | tumblr |

Last edited by SummonerXI; 1st September 2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 1st September 2015, 10:51 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy_arrow View Post
Hey everyone, i noticed that ayu and urata had the same gold bracelet... i love this couple
That approach it can still cause malicious speculations...

Old 1st September 2015, 12:50 PM
until that Day… Initiate

overall, she sounded so good on the finaly day
kudos to ayu!
i really enjoyed HANABI so much <3
Old 1st September 2015, 01:46 PM
Love song H-Initiate

HANABI was perfect! It almost made me cry
and since bear stepped on my ear I can't hear all this off-key thing =)

Last edited by Aderianu; 1st September 2015 at 01:51 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a-nation