[Charts & Rankings] Official M(A)DE in Japan sales - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 29th June 2016, 09:43 PM
TO BE Initiate

Official M(A)DE in Japan sales

Daily Sales
Week 1

Day 1
Position: #2
Sales: 19,898

Day 3
Position: #3
Sales: 2032

1 --- #2 --- 30,269
2 --- #22 --- 4,729
3 --- #39 --- 1,848
4 --- #54 --- 1,174
5 --- #94 --- 771
6 --- #110 --- 536
7 --- #142 --- 416
8 --- #174 --- 349
9 --- #228 --- 280
10 --- #246 --- 237

---------------------------

Total: 40,608

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Last edited by Next_Level29; 16th September 2016 at 04:08 PM.
Old 29th June 2016, 10:59 PM
Who... Initiate

It sold better than sixxxxxx's first day and close to A ONE's, pretty nice. I'm curious who got #1 this time though

Set by YuriChan

Old 29th June 2016, 11:46 PM
still alone Initiate

I still am wondering if having it available for streaming first boosted sales or decreased sales. It is hard to tell. It is selling somewhat similar to A ONE which is pretty good. But I can't help but wonder if releasing it the traditional way would have resulted in more sales. But it is only day one so we will see. I think Made In Japan will have a more positive reception than some of her recent releases.
The only reason I didn't like this new streaming first format is that the physical release day was so far from the streaming release.
Old 30th June 2016, 06:04 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I'm surprised this came at #2. I wanted Ayu at #1 - instead, the one who's #1 are the IDOLM@STER Dream Girls - I mean, who are they? Vocaloids or something?

In fact, these girls were #1 in the singles last week...in a field that consisted of A.B.C-Z (a Johnny's group; I thought they would get #1!) and miwa - I'm pretty shocked! How in the world are they #1?!

To be honest, though, I'm not sure if that early streaming might've helped or not... If that didn't happen, maybe the sales numbers could've gone a bit higher, but I'm not so sure...

(Now, at first I had a thought of "don't let Kobukuro try to disrupt Ayu's sales," because Kobukuro had a daily #1 album ranking a few days back! And, yes, Keisuke Kuwata is releasing something new this week, the same week as Ayu - but unlike last time, Keisuke's releasing a single, not an album... But, yeah, I'm surprised about the IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, and not Ayu, taking #1 in the albums for now, and even then I was surprised they were #1, and not A.B.C-Z (they were #3), in the singles last week... This makes me wonder whether the Cinderella Girls' single last week was a prelude to this week's album...)

Last edited by Bigtop; 30th June 2016 at 06:07 AM.
Old 30th June 2016, 09:13 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I still am wondering if having it available for streaming first boosted sales or decreased sales. It is hard to tell. It is selling somewhat similar to A ONE which is pretty good. But I can't help but wonder if releasing it the traditional way would have resulted in more sales. But it is only day one so we will see. I think Made In Japan will have a more positive reception than some of her recent releases.
The only reason I didn't like this new streaming first format is that the physical release day was so far from the streaming release.
im thinking the same thing! Is it positiv or negative that they have released the album so early

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 30th June 2016, 09:27 AM
TO BE Initiate

is it really so surprising though? she hasn't been relevant for a long time now, and her record sales haven't been doing well. if anything, i would have thought it would be MORE surprising if she had surpassed her sales in the last 3 years with this release. important to note that quality of music and popularity are 2 entirely different things.
Old 30th June 2016, 10:31 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
is it really so surprising though? she hasn't been relevant for a long time now, and her record sales haven't been doing well. if anything, i would have thought it would be MORE surprising if she had surpassed her sales in the last 3 years with this release. important to note that quality of music and popularity are 2 entirely different things.
As long as this ends up selling as much as A ONE it's fine. If it sells a bit more - it's great!

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 30th June 2016, 11:17 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

2nd day - down to #4

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2016-06-29/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 30th June 2016, 11:18 AM
Love song H-Initiate

so today sales is less than 4,5K?
Old 30th June 2016, 11:20 AM
Who... Initiate

sad
Old 30th June 2016, 12:07 PM
winding road H-Initiate

It's doing exactly like A ONE
A ONE also fell to #4 after 2nd day... they're so even, which isn't bad at all.

Old 30th June 2016, 12:12 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

Looks like she will battled with ohara sakurako for position 2 and 3...I hope she will enter top three though

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 30th June 2016, 12:33 PM
Far away Initiate

I think the most important thing about Ayu's new albums now is the longevity. Maybe she can't reach 30k in the first week, but in 11 weeks she will reach 53k.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 30th June 2016, 12:58 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

A ONE put up a really big fight to sustain itself on Oricon last year . I really hope M(A)DE IN JAPAN can follow suit as frankly it deserves to

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 30th June 2016, 01:20 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I guess album will have decent sales throughout the tour, I think many will buy the album there to have chance on signed poster/Stage tour

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 30th June 2016, 07:08 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
I'm surprised this came at #2. I wanted Ayu at #1 - instead, the one who's #1 are the IDOLM@STER Dream Girls - I mean, who are they? Vocaloids or something?

In fact, these girls were #1 in the singles last week...in a field that consisted of A.B.C-Z (a Johnny's group; I thought they would get #1!) and miwa - I'm pretty shocked! How in the world are they #1?!

To be honest, though, I'm not sure if that early streaming might've helped or not... If that didn't happen, maybe the sales numbers could've gone a bit higher, but I'm not so sure...

(Now, at first I had a thought of "don't let Kobukuro try to disrupt Ayu's sales," because Kobukuro had a daily #1 album ranking a few days back! And, yes, Keisuke Kuwata is releasing something new this week, the same week as Ayu - but unlike last time, Keisuke's releasing a single, not an album... But, yeah, I'm surprised about the IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls, and not Ayu, taking #1 in the albums for now, and even then I was surprised they were #1, and not A.B.C-Z (they were #3), in the singles last week... This makes me wonder whether the Cinderella Girls' single last week was a prelude to this week's album...)
THE IDOLM@STER CDs that have been ranking lately are CDs released of a mobile rhythm game THE IDOLM@STER: STARLIGHT STAGE, which is itself based on long-lasting multimedia game/anime franchise THE IDOLM@STER. [I play this rhythm game myself] The franchise as a whole has made a huge mainstream breakthrough and a popularity comeback/boost finally after 11+ years of existing thanks to this mobile game.

And yes, there are three CDs to be released, each for one of the three main attributes each of the idols has in the game. And last week's topping CD from the same game was only a single, not a whole album.

☆Heartful thanks to ownsarai

Last edited by Eewyi; 30th June 2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 30th June 2016, 08:28 PM
End roll Initiate

Yeah, not really surprised about the numbers and ranking. It's designed to appeal to her fanbase so the numbers will be around the same as A One. Nothing to offer those who aren't fans already.
Old 30th June 2016, 09:16 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uemarasan View Post
Yeah, not really surprised about the numbers and ranking. It's designed to appeal to her fanbase so the numbers will be around the same as A One. Nothing to offer those who aren't fans already.
Might have to partially agree with that.

And, seriously, how could Sakurako Ohara be AHEAD of Ayu??? I mean, I don't understand about it...
Old 30th June 2016, 11:16 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Cause Ohara Sakurako is popular?? It's simple...
Made in japan is climbing up the iTunes album chart tho it's #2 now

tumblr

Last edited by Ryusei; 30th June 2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 30th June 2016, 11:22 PM
appears Initiate

I just want MADE IN JAPAN to cross 50k, that would mean no drop in sales since CoLOURS, which I think is more important at this point of her career...

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, m(a)de in japan, made in japan, oricon, oricon chart