Thoughts on PCDL '08-'09 - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 31st December 2008, 04:12 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I'm really excited and more than likely, I'll watch this CDL.
There are a few more songs I wish she would sing, but overall I like what I'm seeing, especially SCAR and POWDER SNOW!
Old 31st December 2008, 04:16 AM
Depend on you Initiate

that's a long tracklist! i can't wait to see that!

chloe lives in a Mirrorcle World
Old 31st December 2008, 06:00 AM
Startin' Protector

I am sooo incredibly excited! The tracklist is amazing! Granted there were some songs I wish she would sing but overall I love the ones that ARE getting love. Can't wait to see it, myself.
Old 31st December 2008, 06:08 AM
Far away Initiate

I'm very happy and excited to see she sang some "uncommon" tracks she normally doesn't ever sing. A great change of pace.
Old 31st December 2008, 06:12 AM
Secret Initiate

I am actually quite interested in this concert because of the tracklisting (maybe that's the reason I disliked CDL 06-07, but then again, I hated that concert because of her cutesy voice)

btw no Bold & Delicious = Fail
Old 31st December 2008, 08:33 AM
Initiate

It was played last year. It's obvious that these songs were compiled because a lot of them aren't songs she's played in a while or ever. To say it's 'fail' because B&D is missing is kind of silly... Unless you were being sarcastic lol.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 31st December 2008, 08:38 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecavs11 View Post
When it Will started to play, it did not disappoint and i recalled someone on AHS saying that they hoped Will would be sung
i know i was one of the peoples that wanted Will to be sung~ i think a lot of people wanted ayu to sing Will~ <3 so glad she did, and thanks for the review~ when was the last time ayu threw the balls during independent? i only remember Stadium Tour?....i just remember a lot of big balls floating along the audience
Old 31st December 2008, 08:42 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InoriNoUta View Post
It was played last year. It's obvious that these songs were compiled because a lot of them aren't songs she's played in a while or ever. To say it's 'fail' because B&D is missing is kind of silly... Unless you were being sarcastic lol.
I'm always sarcastic :B I just wanted to see Bold & Delicious on the track listing.
Old 31st December 2008, 09:02 AM
And Then Initiate

ya... i guess ill look at each song...

Mirrorcle World (interlude edit) -- sounds epic
GREEN -- YUH ITS LIVE!!
Will -- sounds epic... so epic so far lol

vogue -- a great way to end the epic-ness
HONEY -- ok WAAAY too random from the end of epic for my liking lol

ANGEL'S SONG -- good way to continue the cute-ness
End of the World -- omg straight to the depressing... WAAAY too random lol, and i really dont like this song >.>
Heartplace -- YES AMAZING SONG!!!
Real me -- ya... i was always turned away from this song... but yay@ayudancing?
And Then ~ Naturally -- YUUUH IM EXCITED FOR THESE TWO!
In The Corner -- ya, sounds like itll be nice

POWDER SNOW -- yup, sounds like itll be heart wrenching
HOPE or PAIN -- i always liked this song. yay for it being live!
Over -- omg. "its ober..." i wont like this lol
SCAR -- !!!

SIGNAL ~ Hana ~ too late -- eh ill see lol
UNITE! -- omg itll sound all perfect i bet lol
SURREAL ~ evolution ~ SURREAL -- AGAIN? omg
Who... (rock arrangement) -- hrmmm
Trauma -- itll be too low
independent -- a great audience pumper! =D
everywhere nowhere -- YAAAA im pumped for this!
Mirrorcle World -- lol classic performance, but im down

Days -- i like i like
For My Dear... -- cant wait to hear this one lol
+ -- hopefully itll be more lively then it was last countdown
flower garden -- ayurappingftw
Boys & Girls -- oh no.
MY ALL -- what a nice ending. please dont cry this time ayu lol
Old 31st December 2008, 09:43 AM
I am... Initiate

the tracklist for this CDL gonna win it all!but im not sure about the effects used for this concert yet...so i still cant fully judge it
Old 31st December 2008, 09:46 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

0. Mirrorcle World (interlude edit)
1.GREEN LOVE
2.Will LOVE

3.vogue (side stage) Meh.. So/so
4.HONEY LOVE

5.ANGEL'S SONG LOVE
6.End of the World LOOOOVE *kicks Melrose and anyone else that hates this song* (This one is one of my all-time favorite songs! )
7.Heartplace LOVE
8.Real me LOVE
9.And Then ~ Naturally And Then-LOOOOOOOOVE, Naturally-LOVE
10.In The Corner It's ok
11.POWDER SNOW (rear stage) LOVE (How can you hate this song, Melrose? It's a classic)
12.HOPE or PAIN LOVE
13.Over LOVE *kicks melrose to the moon*
14.SCAR LOVE

15.SIGNAL ~ Hana ~ too late O_____O NEAT!
16.UNITE! LOVE
17.SURREAL~evolution~SURREAL Cool
18.Who.. (rock arrangement) LOVE
19.Trauma LOOOVE
20.independent LOVE
21.everywhere nowhere LOVE *punts Melrose for hating Trauma, independent and everywhere nowhere*
22.Mirrorcle World LOVE

ENCORE
23.Days LOVE
24.For My Dear... .... no words
25.+ no comment
26.flower garden LOVE LOVE LOVE *it's one of my favorite songs*
27.Boys&Girls LOVE (SHAME ON YOU, MELROSE, FOR HATING THIS SONG!!)
28.MY ALL LOOVE

I look forward to this CDL!

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm

Last edited by YuriChan; 31st December 2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 31st December 2008, 10:52 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

actually, i have this feeling that since the concert is long, the stage is so big, the is probably gonna be very little costumes and nothing extravagant..

not that i am hoping for all these, but i have this feeling. i would judge after i watch the concert. So there is really no point in commenting because all we have is just the setlist. we dont even have any pictures of ayu performing.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:37 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

I was really surprised by the list..
Really xD
Maybe is the list a little bit too long?
Okay here my opinions!

0. Mirrorcle World (interlude edit), Oh, well okay. I dunno how to imagine a interlude of that. Kind of Mirror?
1.GREEN, lovely!
2.Will, lovely!

3.vogue (side stage), great chose!!
4.HONEY, lovely! It's cute!

5.ANGEL'S SONG I didn't see that coming... it's a good choose
6.End of the World Yahoo!!!!
7.Heartplace Didn't see that coming... It's great to see that she's doing a song which she didn't use earlier.. but Heartplace is not really my song.
8.Real me GREAT CHOSE!
9.And Then ~ Naturally I dunno what to imagine.. but I think it's okay
10.In The Corner Where does that choose come from? It's lovely!
11.POWDER SNOW (rear stage) rear stage? Well, I will see... POWDER SNOW is lovely
12.HOPE or PAIN What a choose! I didn't see that coming too! Great choose!
13.Over Again a surprise! Lovely surprise!
14.SCAR This CDL-list has a lot of surprises... SCAR.... lovely choose

15.SIGNAL ~ Hana ~ too late Surprise!! Wowa.. is this a surprise countdown? However... I think it's great!
16.UNITE! I love this song but she is always doing this songs... It's kinda boring now.
17.SURREAL~evolution~SURREAL again? Well yeah.
18.Who.. (rock arrangement) A rock arrangement? Haha!!! Who... is also a standard song -.-
19.Trauma I hope she can remember the words! Trauma is a trauma for Ayu xD Well, I dislike the song but okay.
20.independent Mwuh... it's too much ....
21.everywhere nowhere SURPRISE! Haha.. I really love this choose!
22.Mirrorcle World Whaha! It begins and ends with Mirrorcle World... amazing strange but cool choose.

ENCORE
23.Days Yup.. we couldn't miss this fantastic song
24.For My Dear... LOVELY! Where does that choose come from?
25.+ Mwuh... not really a good choose for a countdown.
26.flower garden She had not to do that! Really a surprise.. the song is ok, but maybe not for a countdown
27.Boys&Girls What? Again? Same for UNITE!, Evolution, SURREAL etc. It's ... can't she sing other songs? But the song is okay
28.MY ALL LOVELY END!

@ HONEY_INSPIRE_ME19: I REALLY AGREE WITH YOU! THE SONGS ARE LOVELY! And I also can't understand Melrose opinions.. but okay.. opinion = opinion

@ Melrose maybe you have to hear some songs more... the most songs you say: it's terrible.. are lovely.. at least... for me and others (maybe) here! Come on! Give them a chance! *beg*

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 31st December 2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:03 PM
November Initiate

The trackinglist is nice but I wish she would perform more recent songs like momentum, decision or one of the new songs.

| Set by me |

I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Old 31st December 2008, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaru View Post
@Melrose: I get what you mean. But I guess we have to agree to disagree about this then. I find the backgrounds really distracting, so I don't really mind her not having it. I'm actually glad she doesn't have it.

And Hikki's use for it was in a tour, so it's a lot longer. And making those backgrounds take a lot longer than you might think. Especially on the artist's part.

And for me, CDL was always more of a concert where she celebrates New Years with her fans. Yeah sure, the costumes get elaborate, but at heart it's not really a tour.
Hmhm. I get what you mean. ^^

I wonder if a video or costume is more expensive.. I'd say costume?

@HONEY_INSPIRE_ME19: Hahahahaha ^^
End of the World: Her voice is so bloody awful in this song, honestly. It's downright painful.
POWDER SNOW: I think the song lacks oomph, or a climax, I dunno. I just think it..drags along a little and then finally ends after 5+ minutes. Her IIIIIIIII voice doesn't help much either.
Over: I hate the melody and instrumentation here, I think it's really ugly. *wheeeeee to the moon xD*
Trauma: Don't like it because it used to be a staple song and I got tired of seeing it, but I dunno if I like it as a song or not I should listen to it again then. =p
independent: Live versino better than studio version. If she ditched the dancers this would be LOVE, but then there won't be much ball throwing going on lol.
everywhere nowhere: Annoying instrumentation and the way they digitally edited her vocals.
Boys & Girls: Shame on me? xD Shame on Ayu for singing the studio version so painfully high pitched.

@xLuna&1LOVEL: How did you go from hating the set list in one topic to suddenly LOVING it? ~_~ (And you said you hated SIGNAL and Hana) o_O Seems rather odd.....

But. I really don't like those songs. I think they're OK. I enjoy them once a week, maybe. Seeing them live might change it. Though I doubt it, because seeing songs live more often tend to get me to dislike them more than like them. I got so tired of seeing all the staple songs that I stopped liking the songs, too. But now I love UNITE! again. ^^

I'll go listen them again for you <333 =D

Last edited by Melrose; 31st December 2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 31st December 2008, 08:27 PM
winding road Initiate

0. Mirrorcle World (interlude edit) Hmm... Interesting, I wonder if it'll be the minute string section.

1.GREEN FINAL-****ING-LY, I've wanted this live for SO LONG NOW

2.Will Wonderful choice, perfect follow up for GREEN, and desperately needs a live.

3.vogue (side stage) Interesting choice, I want to hear it how she'd sing it now <3

4.HONEY alright, as long as there's less pink than AT05.

5.ANGEL'S SONG **** YES, AS LONG AS YOU DITCH THE WAITRESS CRAP

6.End of the World Squeeeeee~

7.Heartplace Okay, but I never really understood the hype around this song.

8.Real me No stripper dancing, back up dancers, kay?

9.And Then ~ Naturally Sounds like fun =D~ I'm curious as to how they'll pull this off.

10.In The Corner
Aaaah~ One of the more unappreciated (m)u tracks <3

11.POWDER SNOW (rear stage) FINALLY~ I think her voice now will spruce the song up a bit~

12.HOPE or PAIN SQUEEEEEEEEEE~ This is one of my favorite MY STORY tracks, along with Liar.

13.Over
It's such a pretty ballad, I never really cared for the "IT'S OBER" though, well, maybe her English is better now.

14.SCAR I used to hate this song so much, but now I can't get enough of it <3 I'm glad to see her perform this life.

15.SIGNAL ~ Hana ~ too late YAY! SIGNAL! HANA! too late's cool too I guess.

16.UNITE! gotta have some staples, I'm glad it's not one she did on AT08

17.SURREAL~evolution~SURREAL
niether of these songs get old, and they're always a crowd pleaser. I really like it when she medleys them too <3

18.Who.. (rock arrangement) Ooooh rock eh? ...It's Who... so it'll probably be boring, but I'll be optimistic =D

19.Trauma An old staple~ When was the last time this baby saw the light of day~?

20.independent I love the song, but I don't think she should have packaged all the staples together at one time >.>...

21.everywhere nowhere Do my eyes deceive me? This is really happening? THANK YOU WONDERFUL GOD FOR THIS DAY, THANK YOU SO ****ING MUCH <3

22.Mirrorcle World As long as we get rid of the really useless ship, cool. Nice closer. Ayu REALLY must like this song to perform it so often.

ENCORE
23.Days again? Well, it's a pretty song, but I feel like it's been *****d enough x_x...

24.For My Dear...
Very interesting ._.... I woulda thought if anything, it would have been Depend on you, YOU, TO BE or LOVE~Destiny~, way to surprise us all Ayu~ I'm curious as to how she pulls this off as she is now.

25.+ Didn't... you just do this one? Oh well,it's a decent enough song.

26.flower garden you're finally back from the dead <3 It's so good to see you again <3

27.Boys&Girls
What's an Ayu concert without Boys & Girls? Crowd loves it, it has to be there, whether we like it or not =P

28.MY ALL Powerful way to close out the night, I really like MY ALL as an ending song.

It looks like it's going to be an AMAZING show, I really can't wait to see it!

Last edited by GRACE; 31st December 2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 1st January 2009, 02:15 AM
Naturally Initiate

Quote:
I wonder if a video or costume is more expensive.. I'd say costume?
It depends on the costume's fabric and such. I guess video's more expensive in that you can only use them for one tour, and that's it. Where with costumes it's more practical and you can use them for later concerts and stuff, and they're easier to alter and they can look totally different, whereas with videos you have to shoot it again.

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Old 1st January 2009, 02:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaru View Post
It depends on the costume's fabric and such. I guess video's more expensive in that you can only use them for one tour, and that's it. Where with costumes it's more practical and you can use them for later concerts and stuff, and they're easier to alter and they can look totally different, whereas with videos you have to shoot it again.
Hmm, you've got a point.~

But I think that semi-artistic video's that are just for background and don't feature any acting or people would be cheaper than a costume. Like AT08 talkin' 2 myself's fire background video. It'd be pretty cool if they did that more often. Like for SCAR show some kind of sky as background. :3
Old 1st January 2009, 03:32 AM
Initiate

So you look at the screen and not... at the performer? I think that would just take away from the performance.

But it's a moot point, as PCDL didn't feature any of that, and thank goodness. Too much of a spectacle =/= good thing.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 1st January 2009, 04:31 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post

@HONEY_INSPIRE_ME19: Hahahahaha ^^
End of the World: Her voice is so bloody awful in this song, honestly. It's downright painful.
POWDER SNOW: I think the song lacks oomph, or a climax, I dunno. I just think it..drags along a little and then finally ends after 5+ minutes. Her IIIIIIIII voice doesn't help much either.
Over: I hate the melody and instrumentation here, I think it's really ugly. *wheeeeee to the moon xD*
Trauma: Don't like it because it used to be a staple song and I got tired of seeing it, but I dunno if I like it as a song or not I should listen to it again then. =p
independent: Live versino better than studio version. If she ditched the dancers this would be LOVE, but then there won't be much ball throwing going on lol.
everywhere nowhere: Annoying instrumentation and the way they digitally edited her vocals.
Boys & Girls: Shame on me? xD Shame on Ayu for singing the studio version so painfully high pitched.

@xLuna&1LOVEL: How did you go from hating the set list in one topic to suddenly LOVING it? ~_~ (And you said you hated SIGNAL and Hana) o_O Seems rather odd.....

But. I really don't like those songs. I think they're OK. I enjoy them once a week, maybe. Seeing them live might change it. Though I doubt it, because seeing songs live more often tend to get me to dislike them more than like them. I got so tired of seeing all the staple songs that I stopped liking the songs, too. But now I love UNITE! again. ^^

I'll go listen them again for you <333 =D
Yes, listen to them again because you are insane to hate those songs, haha. The lyrics to powder snow are enough to give that song a 10/10 for me. And end of the world? the last and only time that she performed it, there was so much emotion in her voice that it was amazing.

Tags
08-09, pcdl, premature, thoughts