new album "A ONE" 2015.04.08 in stores II - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th February 2015, 03:37 AM
Far away Initiate

I already have No future stuck in my head
So either Warning or Show must go on gets a PV, eh?
Old 28th February 2015, 04:02 AM
appears Initiate

I'm pretty surprised by how "Ayu" this all sounds.

The only song that sticks out is The GIFT. If I were Ayu, I would be crying over having to sing such a horrible fucking tune. It sounds like shit, and that's after spraying a fuck ton of audio Febreze on it. I seriously would've been like, "OH! Is this beloved?" No, Ayu, it's a new song. "But it sounds like curtain call..." No, Ayu, it's a new song. "But remember when I did JEWEL?!" No, Ayu, it's a new song. No, it fucking isn't. Seriously, who gives that as a fucking gift? If someone came up to me and said, "I wrote The GIFT for you, it's a gift, I want you to sing it," I would probably be like, "Oh, thank you, but could you just, you know, fuck me in the ass without any lube?" Because I would be a bit insulted. I mean, what am I supposed to do with the sheet music for The GIFT? I could wipe my ass with it, but I would feel like I was bullying my asshole. Serious. What. Do. You. Do. With. The GIFT?

EDIT:
"See, I did this song before though, it's called Wishing...?"
No, Ayu, this is a new song.
"But I did this better with teddy bear."
"Are you sure this isn't that who... remix I did?"
"It sounds like forgiveness (acoustic mix)."
"Or Carols without any rock instruments."
"Ok, ok... Are you sure this isn't Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~?"
"meaning of Love? how beautiful you are?"
But it's a new song, Ayu.

Last edited by orbitalaspect; 28th February 2015 at 04:16 AM.
Old 28th February 2015, 04:20 AM
GAME Initiate

"The GIFT" and the whole JJ Lin thing is merely a promo stunt to suck up to Chinese-speaking fans, probably. She wants to expand throughout Asia. Everyone knows C-pop is ass and that all the melodies are essentially the same, lol.

It's unfortunate though because she gave this particular song its own PV!

Idk, I think it could end up being a sweet song in the end, but I do think it's the blandest preview so far.
Old 28th February 2015, 04:22 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
I'm pretty surprised by how "Ayu" this all sounds.

The only song that sticks out is The GIFT. If I were Ayu, I would be crying over having to sing such a horrible fucking tune. It sounds like shit, and that's after spraying a fuck ton of audio Febreze on it. I seriously would've been like, "OH! Is this beloved?" No, Ayu, it's a new song. "But it sounds like curtain call..." No, Ayu, it's a new song. "But remember when I did JEWEL?!" No, Ayu, it's a new song. No, it fucking isn't. Seriously, who gives that as a fucking gift? If someone came up to me and said, "I wrote The GIFT for you, it's a gift, I want you to sing it," I would probably be like, "Oh, thank you, but could you just, you know, fuck me in the ass without any lube?" Because I would be a bit insulted. I mean, what am I supposed to do with the sheet music for The GIFT? I could wipe my ass with it, but I would feel like I was bullying my asshole. Serious. What. Do. You. Do. With. The GIFT?

EDIT:
"See, I did this song before though, it's called Wishing...?"
"But I did this better with teddy bear."
"Are you sure this isn't that who... remix I did?"
"It sounds like forgiveness (acoustic mix)."
"Or Carols without any rock instruments."
"Ok, ok... Are you sure this isn't Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~?"
"meaning of Love? how beautiful you are?"
But it's a new song, Ayu.
Is "The Gift" really terrible like that ?
Ayu seemed love it too much and she 's also confident that we would like the PV... So strange that the song is bad as your description
Old 28th February 2015, 04:49 AM
rainy day Initiate

"Everyone knows c-pop is ass" lmao.

Mostly true, but Jolin's Dancing Diva was a bop back in the day.
Old 28th February 2015, 04:51 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

2 songs left.
Hope these two will be full songs, not interludes or Movin' on without you & Tell All.
Old 28th February 2015, 05:22 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post

I am a huge Jolin stan and she is basically the only c-pop I can even stomach. She has so many bops tho. Unnnnnnnf.
Old 28th February 2015, 05:27 AM
Paper Doll Protector

I really liked the ballad that I heard (labeled 1'38"), though I have no idea how anyone can tell which song is which. XD

Anyway, I think it sounds good so far. It sounds so Ayu-ish to me, but in a way that I like. Of course, I won't really know until I hear better quality versions.
Old 28th February 2015, 05:50 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

The one labeled "1'27" is the only one I don't like from the previews. Everything else sounds amazing so far!
Old 28th February 2015, 05:56 AM
count down Initiate

Warning sounds promising. The GIFT is boring, don't remember how it sounds like. the rest I couldn't make out from the quality. regardless, still pretty looking forward!

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 28th February 2015, 09:02 AM
Love song H-Initiate

reuploaded preview from baidu --> https://yadi.sk/d/9wZNqH4-ewJkW
Old 28th February 2015, 09:11 AM
Who... Initiate

Thanks Aderianu!
Old 28th February 2015, 10:14 AM
July 1st Initiate

God i'm in love with Warning ~♪

Old 28th February 2015, 10:35 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy_arrow View Post
Is "The Gift" really terrible like that ?
Ayu seemed love it too much and she 's also confident that we would like the PV... So strange that the song is bad as your description
It really is that bad though. The way she's singing it, the style, it honestly reflects everything I have hated about how generic she's taken things over the last 5 years. I just wish it would stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post

I have to disagree. I genuinely hated Jolin Tsai, and didn't find anything too impressive in Myself (2010). But THAT. MF'N. BITCH. She just HAD to go and do MUSE in 2012. I remember sitting around thinking "Oh yay... another Jolin rip off of actual talent," then The Great Artist MV got released and I was like, "Oh shit. This bitch just slapped me with own ignorance." Then Dr. Jolin. Then Fantasy... In general, she was the best Mandopop of 2012, which was fucking sad because Elva Hsiao was so hard to beat with I'm ready at the end of 2011.

I've been a huge Elva fan for years. She's too damn talented for her own good. But I was so sad that Jolin Tsai slapped that bitch right out of the water with PLAY. I couldn't help it. Jolin did it better. And I laughed, and I cried, and I was impressed with everything but her collab with Namie Amuro which just came across cheesy and B-level. I will say that Elva's Shut Up & Kiss Me is too hard to forget, whereas Jolin's tracks rolled off my shoulders. But MUSE. MUSE is still hard to beat even 2.5 years later.

I've come across some great one-hit Mandopops so far:

Stefanie Sun got me with "Telling The World The Words From My Heart" and "Kingdom of Fools" in 2011.

Hebe Tian's records are always packed with fillers, but there's usually at least two songs I can't get out of my head for months. I can barely make it through "You Better Not Think About Me", as it came out only a couple months after my ex and I separated, and only a couple weeks after I realized he wasn't going to call me back... like ever. The video is a roller coaster for me too. She's done a beautiful job with other videos like "MY LOVE" and "Angel Devil". She's also fun on mid-tempo tracks like "Learning from Drunkenness"

Angela Chang is usually entertaining, but Visible Wings was not a good record. I miss her rock days sometimes, but I think she does electronic music well... sometimes.

Sandy Lam got me hard in 2012 with GAIA.

The best song I've heard so far this year is A-Lin's "All In"... it sends shivers up my spine when the first chorus kicks and there's nothing but her layered voice over arpeggio synths and a lo-fi snare. The rest of the album isn't as good, but I will listen to "All In" on repeat sometimes.

aMEI hands down stole best record for 2014 with Faces of Paranoia... That record had a few weird tracks, but seriously. If you want to hear a good, somewhat new Mandopop record, Faces of Paranoia is it. Jump In, Booty Call, and Dog are all decent tracks, but the fucking magic is in the ballads. "Do You Still Want To Love Me?" talks about all the fucked up things we hide from people, knowing any one of those fucked up things can be enough to make them leave, and then someone says it doesn't scare them... but it does, and they leave, unraveling all of these false things they built with you. There are lines in "March" that I may never forget, particularly the last ones about the time of two people will not go on, and surely only one of the two will want to remember. FACES OF PARANOIA's video leaves me speechless; I still have no words for that song or the video... it's just a lot to take in. And Autosadism... it's hard to describe, but think of being in love with the pain of having been in love. Anyway, aMEI is also incredible when doing hard rock under the mononym Amit.

So... yeah. Lots of good stuff there. and stuff.
Old 28th February 2015, 11:12 AM
Daybreak Initiate

omg, the previews sound so good. I'm gonna cry ;__; There is TOTALLY a difference between when she records in LA and Japan; in Japan, she's not distracted by all the glitz and glamour - and shitty hyped up producers. She sounds like she's at home and relaxed, and could really focus on the album.

Are those the actual titles AyuAngel posted though? lol at "no futur"

Ayu official wallpapers in widescreen
♥ Mrs. Kwon Jiyong since 10/21/12 ♥

Last edited by tasking; 28th February 2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 28th February 2015, 11:19 AM
Lelio Protector

According to the previews my favorite of the prewviews is No Future. Definitely sound like an up beat Love song (it really has a top notch composition!!).

They mostly sound dashing, I'm expecting good stuff.

I just wonder if the other 2 songs are full songs or interludes...
Tell All is TA exclusive so it can't be a part of the 11 tracks tracklist.
Old 28th February 2015, 11:38 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
According to the previews my favorite of the prewviews is No Future. Definitely sound like an up beat Love song (it really has a top notch composition!!).

They mostly sound dashing, I'm expecting good stuff.

I just wonder if the other 2 songs are full songs or interludes...
Tell All is TA exclusive so it can't be a part of the 11 tracks tracklist.
Tell All 2015 MIX is TA exclusive, so everything is possible.

Old 28th February 2015, 12:12 PM
Lelio Protector

Well, I can't say for 100% but it doesn't feel like original Tell All will be there. Maybe on A BEST 3 if at all.

Btw I won't be surprised if No Future will have a la la la la... part with the chorus' composition.
I love it so much! No Future really got me.
Old 28th February 2015, 12:23 PM
Dolls Initiate

Wonder when she'll unveil the covers? Hopefully next week.
Old 28th February 2015, 12:27 PM
Lelio Protector

Well there's still a month and a week until the release. It's still kinda early.
Maybe in two weeks.

No Future preview caught me like a pokemon with a master ball.
Closed Thread

Tags
a one