[Official Message] Last Minute - full PV - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th March 2015, 10:07 PM
starting over Initiate

I loved the idea behind the pv but I do feel like more should've happened. The black dress Ayu shouldve appear and re appear everytime the lights when out. Kinda like a rotation between the two ayu's. I don't know I'm not a director . Other than that ayu nailed it!!
Old 26th March 2015, 11:09 PM
Two of us Initiate

Love it, she doesn't do excess well recently. After seeing warning I was resolved mehness, but this is so simple and beautiful
Old 26th March 2015, 11:13 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

This whole video fiasco is reminding me of Charmin Ultra, Less Is More jingle.
This video is Less Is More, so it is thus Charmin Ultra. Therefore she's channeling her inner daybreak and toilet paper dress.
Old 26th March 2015, 11:26 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

It's ok, at least the music videos from this era are better than Colours' videos.

TWICE

Old 26th March 2015, 11:51 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
This whole video fiasco is reminding me of Charmin Ultra, Less Is More jingle.
This video is Less Is More, so it is thus Charmin Ultra. Therefore she's channeling her inner daybreak and toilet paper dress.
She was channeling her inner refrigerator before.

I think now she is channeling her inner lamp.
Old 26th March 2015, 11:53 PM
SURREAL Initiate

This is no different from watching her performance in concert. I thought its gonna have some story scene concept, kinda disappointing.
Old 27th March 2015, 12:02 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
She was channeling her inner refrigerator before.

I think now she is channeling her inner lamp.
The secret in the cd case will be ayu's fixation with IKEA and home decorating in general lol
Old 27th March 2015, 12:06 AM
forgiveness Initiate

For some reason I love this PV... it's simple, artistic, but still delivers a subtle message. AND OMG SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS!!! I like this Ayu versus the one she presents to us in the Warning PV.

For people complaining about the PV being boring, lights flashing, etc. Go watch Lorde's Tennis Court music video. Talk about amazing song with wasted potential... ffs. She stares at the camera the ENTIRE song and only opens her mouth to sing "YEAH." There is also a flashing light behind her, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Ymd-OCucs
Old 27th March 2015, 12:10 AM
Voyage Initiate

I have not seen any of the PVs yet (awaiting my copy of the album) but so far these PVs look like a return to form after Colours. They definitely look very Ayu-ish even if they aren't considered her best.

They look like a good "mix" of PVs too. Can't wait for my copy of A One!
Old 27th March 2015, 12:12 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refix View Post
This is no different from watching her performance in concert. I thought its gonna have some story scene concept, kinda disappointing.
That is kind of the point.
Old 27th March 2015, 12:39 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
I expected it to be pretty polarizing, if I'm being totally honest.

Ayu's always had enough genre-variety in her videos and songs that depending on what you personally enjoy, you probably like a big chunk of her discography but aren't that nuts about one or two of the genres she does... meanwhile, those same one or two genres are probably many other people's FAVORITE things Ayu has done.

I came into Ayu fandom when the Despair Trilogy came out in 2000, so to me ayu is a raw honest pop/rock singer who just happens to be slickly produced and fashionable. To people who were introduced to Ayu in later years, thanks to summer songs like "BLUE BIRD," she's a slickly produced, fashionable pop singer who just happens to be raw and honest at times. Then of course there are people who think of Ayu as singer of love ballads AND people who hate her love ballads. There are people who got into Ayu for her remixes AND people who hate remixes.

Ayu isn't any one thing to everyone, but she's a ton of things to a ton of different people. For better or for worse, we all love her for totally different reasons - so we're ALWAYS gonna sound hypocritical if you take us as a big mass.

Those of us who wanted something more stripped-down, personal, dark, emotive, and simple are FREAKING LOVING THIS. Those who prefer when Ayu has more spectacle and is more fun and more colorful are understandably not interested.
While I understand "different strokes for different folks" there was definitely a general consensus here that we all love ayu for ayu. I know that people trashing the PV aren't directly attacking ayu herself but it does make me look at some of her fans in a different light. Some people clearly want "ayumi hamasaki the product" and not the artist who connects to people through her actual music and not flashy or dramatic PVs and gimmicks.

I know I sound judgy, but I don't care. I guess I'm in a weird place right now and I find myself really connecting to ayu's music this time around and to see some people throwing around their aggressive contempt over a harmless PV bugs me I guess.

But everyone's entitled to their opinion
Old 27th March 2015, 12:52 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I enjoy a balanced output from Ayu. Too much veering in one direction and it gets a little weird but I think she's perfectly delivering on all levels at the moment. Maybe a bit less rock compared to her ballads or midtempo, but let's be honest, most of the songs she sings end up becoming 'rocky' once they're done live as she likes to say.

For me personally, it doesn't really matter too much if it aligns with what I 'want' from Ayu because what I want is for her to do whatever she wants.
Old 27th March 2015, 01:13 AM
ayu trance Initiate

At first, this PV seems too simple. After watching it again, I find it artistic and beautiful. Sometimes less is more and I rather enjoy the less flashy moments.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 27th March 2015, 01:56 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

i like the idea behind it. i think this "red and black" ayu is a greeat comperison. the idea is great but it could be deeper in thought. the problem is that i see more blackness than ayu.
Old 27th March 2015, 03:23 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Totally love this PV. Finally Ayu gives me something intriguing again. The part with the swinging light and red & black Ayu sitting face to face give me chills!!! I bet that was not easy to shoot.
Her best PV since Virgin Road.
Old 27th March 2015, 04:32 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
[...] to see some people throwing around their aggressive contempt over a harmless PV bugs me I guess.
Exactly. I've been of the same mind for a while here... it seems people think it's cool to use strong words to represent their dislike of something, but it just comes across as way too aggressive and strangely hateful. Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion but... well, how we express those opinions is important. I think people forget that far too often.

After watching the PV again today to show a friend, I really like her movements after the rock part kicks in. She really 'fills' the screen and seems to be having a lot of fun - like on stage, like someone said earlier in the thread. It was nice to see that.
Old 27th March 2015, 04:37 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

Exactly. I've been of the same mind for a while here... it seems people think it's cool to use strong words to represent their dislike of something, but it just comes across as way too aggressive and strangely hateful. Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion but... well, how we express those opinions is important. I think people forget that far too often.
Sadly, it's not just an AHS thing, it's everywhere. I don't understand the point of mustering any sort of spiteful words with something as emotionally rewarding as music and art (being critical is fine, of course).

Old 27th March 2015, 05:03 AM
YOU Initiate

Wow I love it! Nevermind that it didn' t have a ton of stuff going on, it was raw and emotional and beautiful! So far, this has been my favorite song on the album and the PV did not disappoint me!

いつか聞かせて 君の口から
幸せだよと そして笑って

Old 27th March 2015, 05:20 AM
ayu trance Initiate

LOVEDLOVEDLOVED! It was raw, emotional, and she performed so well! I agree it does get redundant so it becomes a bit boring but overall it's so much better than the overly trendy and cam-wh*re stuff she's been releasing in recent previous albums *cough*XOXO Lelio Feel the Love Wake Me Up You & Me*cough*
Old 27th March 2015, 05:24 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Strangely enough, I really like this. It's rare that I like PV's that are 'overly simple' but ... there is something about this that I love.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one, last minute