new album "A ONE" 2015.04.08 in stores IV - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2015, 08:16 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I was keeping any kind of anticipation under wraps until this point. But to suddenly have the release date creep up like this and me realizing it's almost here makes me want to listen to it now. Especially after I just had to do a midterm piano performance exam and chose to do an arrangement of Endless sorrow. I thought it would have been so rad if I got done with class to discover after stressing so much and being nervous that A ONE had leaked and I could indulge after all the work I put into practice.

I will not listen to the intro, I don't see the point. Really, an intro is meant to be experienced the moment you hit play on the entire experience. I wish they had not uploaded it.
It is weird that they did, but really it's just the first little bit. I imagine it will be 1:30 at least, then we'll get the real meat of what the rest of the album will be like. Too bad it didn't leak for you, that would have been special ! Did you record your exam?
Old 31st March 2015, 09:07 PM
immature Initiate

A Bell reminds me of Ghibli studio movies, such as Spirited Away, music by Joe Hisaishi.

magic, calm and beauty

Instagram: Jalives

How tired I am of this unbearable distance between us. How I long for the toll of the recess bell. Have you forgotten me? Grown mindless of me? Tell me I am not writing into an abyss or that is what will become of my heart...
Old 31st March 2015, 09:25 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayujarl View Post
A Bell reminds me of Ghibli studio movies, such as Spirited Away, music by Joe Hisaishi.

magic, calm and beauty
Saaaame. That's exactly what I thought. And that's a good feeling lol

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 31st March 2015, 09:30 PM
æternal Initiate

I'm keeping myself from listening to A Bell!! LOL

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 31st March 2015, 09:37 PM
Initiate

I love how it slowly starts to build up. If if gets crazy after the preview, I wouldn't mind, but I'd also like it to stay the way they've set it up. It would be a nice contrast to WARNING. And I definitely agree that it sounds like something from Joe Hisaishi.
Old 31st March 2015, 09:48 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
as soon as I heard it I told myself "wow that sound so much like HAL in the past" and it's a really good thing because I miss HAL arrangements ... What happend ? Why they don't work together anymore?
It COULD have something to do with creative differences after the HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR album. That was a very cool album (though I think halca needed more time to get used to singing in a studio... live she sounded amazing but she lacked power on CD), but I had no idea it was a HΛL production when I first heard it. It doesn't sound HΛL-ish at all.

Toshiharu Umesaki was one of the two founding members of HΛL and he does still work under that name producing & maybe managing indie artists... but he hasn't released any major recordings.

Takehito Shimizu, who was the other half of HAL until 2011, was a guitarist before joining HΛL, and he's back to playing guitar again. (He's on NOW & 4EVA, for example.)

Atsushi Sato was part of the original duo and left in late 2002... He was in the group before RAINBOW, and while HΛL was a group with HΛLNA on vocals. He left first to produce on his own as ats- (pronounced like "A.T.S.") instead of his full name (which is the same as EXILE ATSUSHI... AND a comedian, AND a TV producer... so that's hilarious). He's still with avex, still quite active. He's done production work for AAA and Tackey & Tsubasa recently, for example.

Yuta Nakano.... that's an interesting chapter of the story. He was added to the group (along with Shimizu) when ats- left, and that formation of HΛL are who did much of RAINBOW.

Well, Yuta Nakano didn't stay in the group very long, but once he left, his production sound... was suddenly the HΛL sound. Where it had NOT been before (He got his start in early 2000 by remixing Fly high with the vocal track, and his remix was one of the three "fan remixes" that got chosen for inclusion on ayu-mi-x II NSMM... he did remixes of SEASONS and NEVER EVER as well before joining HΛL). It's like he joined the group, stole a bunch of their secrets, and left! lol...

HΛL (as just Takehito Shimizu and Toshiharu Umesaki) kept doing their sound too... But in the meantime, Yuta Nakano kept most of the HΛL tropes - piano with reverb on it, that "Paahhh!" sound effect, some of the electronic twinkle/beep sounds - and brought that sound forward, gradually updating it for the times. HΛL didn't do that to the same degree... the mix got more modernized but the music didn't get heavier. Their stuff got much more generic - that seems mean to say, but it's exactly what happened. HAL's once-singular sound was gone and they sounded much more run-of-the-mill, much more typical. You couldn't identify their production work in a lineup anymore, you know? Basically Yuta Nakano did HΛL better than HΛL did. He seemed to "get" what made their sound special when they lost sight of it.

Eventually HΛL's production just wasn't interesting anymore and their work sorta petered out.

....That post was longer than I intended it to be. But if you read it, thank you! lol
Old 31st March 2015, 09:57 PM
End of the World Initiate

So no big case again D:

Photo from for "a" ver club

Last edited by Isicio; 31st March 2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old 31st March 2015, 10:18 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Wait
They did not put the sticker on the cd case. That's the pits
I need the sticker in HQ, gotta read the description of the album.
Old 31st March 2015, 10:19 PM
Daybreak Guardian

^^^ That's REALLY interesting, Delirium-Zer0. Thank you SO much for your explanation, I never really understood HAL (I used to think it was a single person), but everything became clear now
Old 31st March 2015, 10:28 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
It COULD have something to do with creative differences after the HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR album. That was a very cool album (though I think halca needed more time to get used to singing in a studio... live she sounded amazing but she lacked power on CD), but I had no idea it was a HΛL production when I first heard it. It doesn't sound HΛL-ish at all.

Toshiharu Umesaki was one of the two founding members of HΛL and he does still work under that name producing & maybe managing indie artists... but he hasn't released any major recordings.

Takehito Shimizu, who was the other half of HAL until 2011, was a guitarist before joining HΛL, and he's back to playing guitar again. (He's on NOW & 4EVA, for example.)

Atsushi Sato was part of the original duo and left in late 2002... He was in the group before RAINBOW, and while HΛL was a group with HΛLNA on vocals. He left first to produce on his own as ats- (pronounced like "A.T.S.") instead of his full name (which is the same as EXILE ATSUSHI... AND a comedian, AND a TV producer... so that's hilarious). He's still with avex, still quite active. He's done production work for AAA and Tackey & Tsubasa recently, for example.

Yuta Nakano.... that's an interesting chapter of the story. He was added to the group (along with Shimizu) when ats- left, and that formation of HΛL are who did much of RAINBOW.

Well, Yuta Nakano didn't stay in the group very long, but once he left, his production sound... was suddenly the HΛL sound. Where it had NOT been before (He got his start in early 2000 by remixing Fly high with the vocal track, and his remix was one of the three "fan remixes" that got chosen for inclusion on ayu-mi-x II NSMM... he did remixes of SEASONS and NEVER EVER as well before joining HΛL). It's like he joined the group, stole a bunch of their secrets, and left! lol...

HΛL (as just Takehito Shimizu and Toshiharu Umesaki) kept doing their sound too... But in the meantime, Yuta Nakano kept most of the HΛL tropes - piano with reverb on it, that "Paahhh!" sound effect, some of the electronic twinkle/beep sounds - and brought that sound forward, gradually updating it for the times. HΛL didn't do that to the same degree... the mix got more modernized but the music didn't get heavier. Their stuff got much more generic - that seems mean to say, but it's exactly what happened. HAL's once-singular sound was gone and they sounded much more run-of-the-mill, much more typical. You couldn't identify their production work in a lineup anymore, you know? Basically Yuta Nakano did HΛL better than HΛL did. He seemed to "get" what made their sound special when they lost sight of it.

Eventually HΛL's production just wasn't interesting anymore and their work sorta petered out.

....That post was longer than I intended it to be. But if you read it, thank you! lol

Wow thank you for such a long post
I really like HAL sound especially during Duty to Rainbow ! This kind of digital/ambient sound mixed with other musical instruments etc... but from what I read on the web the persons responsible of this kind of sound were Toshiharu Umesaki & Atsushi Sato ...and now I read your post I understand why this sound progressively disappeared after 2003 if the group broke out !

The interlude "Rebirth" on Guilty is the last song with this kind of atmosphere ! Yuta Nakano sure mimics HΛL from time to time but something is missing in his arrangements... it must be this digital/ambient sound ?

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 31st March 2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 31st March 2015, 10:36 PM
GAME Initiate

Yuta, along with tasuku and CMJK know Ayu's 'sound' best.

They're all incredibly talented and versatile producers too.

It's hard to believe the same guy arranged all these songs:

Love song
Mirrorcle World
ANother song
Eyes, Smoke, Magic
Virgin Road

I wonder what happened to Naoto Suzuki.

Also just realized CMJK hasn't worked with Ayu since Party Queen. I hope he's still active!

Last edited by Coelacanth; 31st March 2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 31st March 2015, 10:50 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^
Arf I hoped so much that CMJK makes his come back in this album but nothing not even a single song :/ too bad he is really good and since some years now his talent is wasted by making Idol songs with no depth ... it's a shame lol

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 31st March 2015, 11:49 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isicio View Post

So no big case again D:

Photo from for "a" ver club
We'll be getting Movin' on without you on A ONE ^^
Old 1st April 2015, 12:00 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I hate this part. When people have the album and show it off but don't share it.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 1st April 2015, 12:05 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

I actually hope it won't leak until the date of its release ^^

Let's talk about numbers, I'm horrified about Kumi's new album sales, it's an amazing album, had good promo sp I was expecting at least 50k for her first week :~ It sold 3k on its second week bringing total sales to 42k, and to be honest I don't see Ayumi selling more than 35k on A ONE's debut week..
Old 1st April 2015, 12:27 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
I actually hope it won't leak until the date of its release ^^

Let's talk about numbers, I'm horrified about Kumi's new album sales, it's an amazing album, had good promo sp I was expecting at least 50k for her first week :~ It sold 3k on its second week bringing total sales to 42k, and to be honest I don't see Ayumi selling more than 35k on A ONE's debut week..
Colours had more promotion than WOML so I'm not sure what your talking about...

Anyway Ayu should do 60k first week with all the promotions she did.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Last edited by KuuXAyu-fan; 1st April 2015 at 12:34 AM.
Old 1st April 2015, 12:29 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
We'll be getting Movin' on without you on A ONE ^^
Omg YAAS
Wait so either ayuma lied (about the tracklist), she's surprising us, or she's pulling a love again for ayu fans and making that Utada Hikaru cover collection esentially useless. Ambiguous Queen.

Last edited by Delicious n Bold; 1st April 2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 1st April 2015, 12:54 AM
No way to say Initiate

Bring back Bounceback x
Old 1st April 2015, 12:54 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post

60k on the first week? have you checked Oricon in the last two years?
Old 1st April 2015, 12:55 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post

You honestly believe a 60k opening week is possible? I don't anticipate A ONE will even hit 60k in total sales, by far, I think even 60k is a big overestimate.

After Koda's first day, I thought, Wow, these are insane sales and I may want to revise my prediction of Ayu's sales because Koda and Ayu are usually very close and have been since Kingdom / GUILTY. But the massive drop to 3k on the second day was what made me stick to my guns.

I think A ONE will probably debut somewhere between 25k-30k, and total sales will be around 40k. If it's any higher than that, I will honestly be astonished. But I highly doubt A ONE will outsell Colours.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one