New album (January 2023) - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th May 2022, 03:48 PM
rainy day Initiate

You & Me sounds like something someone made in their bedroom. It’s just not the caliber of production you’d expect from her. Even if the summer tracks that came before weren’t your personal cup of tea, at least they were all well produced. You & Me is where I am reminded her legacy began to take a turn.

Fairyland is great — I used to find it a bit overrated when it first came out, but now I have such a huge appreciation for it. I think it took me a while to really get the vibe. It’s reflecting. It’s being taken back to a place that now exits only within your mind. It’s that feeling of wanting to go back physically, being unable to, yet reaching a phase of acceptance and gratefulness that at least within your mind you can sink into it a bit. That, in and of itself, is a form of magic. That, is fairyland.
Old 5th May 2022, 04:11 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post

Fairyland is great — I used to find it a bit overrated when it first came out, but now I have such a huge appreciation for it. I think it took me a while to really get the vibe. It’s reflecting. It’s being taken back to a place that now exits only within your mind. It’s that feeling of wanting to go back physically, being unable to, yet reaching a phase of acceptance and gratefulness that at least within your mind you can sink into it a bit. That, in and of itself, is a form of magic. That, is fairyland.
Couldn’t have said it better. But I personally believe most of Ayu songs are like that, at least for me they were when I was younger.
Old 5th May 2022, 06:16 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
You & Me sounds like something someone made in their bedroom. It’s just not the caliber of production you’d expect from her. Even if the summer tracks that came before weren’t your personal cup of tea, at least they were all well produced. You & Me is where I am reminded her legacy began to take a turn.
Probably her toilet songs idea are better than You & Me.
Remember she dropped her iPhone in the toilet and cried on TA blog that she needed to go to Apple Care to recover the data because it has many song ideas in that phone.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 5th May 2022, 09:39 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
I do like Fairyland but what kills the song a little for me is the long-ass instrumental before the last chorus, it's unnecessarily long and gets kinda tedious lol (I get the PV had this dramatic moment but in the actual album version it could be shorter)
That's the best bit! Gotta check out the metal version.
Old 6th May 2022, 01:05 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
What did I just listened to? Didn’t know someone made a rock version of this! It’s awesome, thanks for sharing. if only she released a real rock song again...

Edit: also, I’m up for a rock summer ballad like fated, criminally underrated and one of her best songs, vocally as well.
Yes, that remix was dope. Thanks for sharing that link Aderianu! Fairyland and is this LOVE? were the songs that got me interested in Ayu again back in the day.

I'd also love a summer rock ballad (Fated as Toniayu123 said or Blossom comes to mind too), but I've kind of gotten to like songs typically performed at a-nation like Glitter, Blue Bird and July 1st a lot more than I used to, so I'd definitely be down for that kind of vibe. Or something with the intensity of Hanabi.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 9th May 2022 at 02:10 AM.
Old 6th May 2022, 02:31 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

All this talk about fairyland has me wanting to watch the Hawaii photo clip making of but I’m too lazy to get the dvd out lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 6th May 2022, 05:10 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Probably her toilet songs idea are better than You & Me.
Remember she dropped her iPhone in the toilet and cried on TA blog that she needed to go to Apple Care to recover the data because it has many song ideas in that phone.
That was honestly an iconic moment It's pretty hilarious that we spend so much time dissecting lyrics and themes she probably wrote on the toilet hahaha

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 6th May 2022, 05:57 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
That was honestly an iconic moment It's pretty hilarious that we spend so much time dissecting lyrics and themes she probably wrote on the toilet hahaha
And we didn't know how many GOLDEN lyrics dropped in the toilet.

RIP unreleased songs in her toilet.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 7th May 2022, 12:19 PM
End of the World Initiate

I would like something like LOVE and again mini albums. They have goods songs and remixes. But the new single don't give me the minis vibes xD
Old 8th May 2022, 08:55 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I want another Feel the love. Yes, yes. I know I'm going to hell for that one lol.
Old 9th May 2022, 11:40 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I want another Feel the love. Yes, yes. I know I'm going to hell for that one lol.
Same, I actually really love the sound of it. One of my favourite songs for summer.
The entire FTL/MGR single is actually SO good, IMO. (Except for FTL's PV, I guess.)

But then again, I also love fairyland & Greatful days and I do enjoy You & Me, as well, lol. I also think Summer Love is THE shit, haha (it is incredibly fun). It's hard for Ayu to do a summer song I don't like.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 9th May 2022 at 12:24 PM.
Old 9th May 2022, 11:54 AM
SEASONS Initiate

The fact that feel the love was released in the midst of winter lol I don’t hate the song and the version with the long intro from premium showcase is cool, but I don’t need another one. I’ll say it again, I want classic Ayu, rockish Ayu and if possible a dramatic ballad to cry to.
Old 9th May 2022, 11:56 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Oh, I want all that too! But I am glad we're also getting a summer song again. Like, I'm REALLY excited haha.

Old 9th May 2022, 01:42 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
The fact that feel the love was released in the midst of winter lol I don’t hate the song and the version with the long intro from premium showcase is cool, but I don’t need another one. I’ll say it again, I want classic Ayu, rockish Ayu and if possible a dramatic ballad to cry to.
Yes I need a dramatic ballad to cry about
Old 9th May 2022, 11:36 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
The fact that feel the love was released in the midst of winter lol
I think I lived in an area where it was summer all year so I always associate that song with summer vibes, hahaha!
Old 15th May 2022, 08:04 AM
As if.. Initiate

She just posted about new song with emoticon associates with summer. I love when she keep posting about having new songs.
Old 16th May 2022, 03:31 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

She’s doing the photo shoot for the jacket picture today

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 16th May 2022, 05:19 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
She’s doing the photo shoot for the jacket picture today
so excited! it would be good if there's a 'theme' of some kind for this album, but at this point I recognise that ayu's probably past the need for things like this and I'm just happy we're getting a new album
Old 16th May 2022, 06:51 PM
SURREAL Initiate

for a summer single I was expecting an outdoor shooting but I feel this was another studio shoot lol
Old 16th May 2022, 07:09 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
for a summer single I was expecting an outdoor shooting but I feel this was another studio shoot lol
Sunrise/Sunset Covers 2.0 👀
Closed Thread

Tags
new album, new release