[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~again~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th December 2012, 08:21 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
You guys have way too much spare time rofl
this lol
forever
and always
the end

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 8th December 2012, 10:54 PM
Initiate

@Channy Yes parts of that were very staged. They even made the interviewers give one recorded interview back to her staff and redo the interview another day. The whole rebelling against Avex was just thrown in as part of her image or it never would have been allowed to air either.
Old 9th December 2012, 01:12 AM
Initiate

Dude, why are you even on this forum.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 9th December 2012, 01:17 AM
No way to say Initiate

Would be lover scorned~
Old 9th December 2012, 02:45 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
Dude, why are you even on this forum.
THIS

Old 9th December 2012, 03:42 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
If they really wanted to give a gift to the fans and didn't care about sales I'm they could have stuck a SINGLE in there somewhere.
totally agree...
Old 9th December 2012, 03:47 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
If they really wanted to give a gift to the fans and didn't care about sales I'm they could have stuck a SINGLE in there somewhere.
Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by channy View Post
I really loved this documentary but I much rather consider it as a very entertaining movie. Parts of it relate to the time during A BEST and how Avex "forced" Ayu to release this album, including the story around her tear on the cover, recognizing herself as product etc. This documentary is far from being unpopular but just to make sure:

Edit: Not going to start a discussion whether this might be completely real or 20% fake etc - I don't care. I just mentioned that to me it appeared a little unbelievable and I am gonna hug you no matter what you think about dat x
I sat and watched the whole documentary and it left me feeling like I really have had no clue who this person is that I have idolized for 6 years. And at the same time, it made me feel like I don't do enough to make the most of my life. If Ayu kept going because of us back in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, I honestly don't know why I am just sitting here expecting the future to come to me.
Old 9th December 2012, 03:49 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 View Post
I totally agree with you. Although I'm not Japanese nor can I possibly speak for everyone, as a Taiwanese person with a decent sized amount of Asian connections, I'd say that I have a sound understanding of the Asian entertainment industry in general.

Although Ayu's relationship with Maro may be real (or it could really be a publicity stunt), to the general public it's just a cry for attention. As innovative as Ayu may be, the reality is that most people in Asia consider her as an icon from back in the day, and are generally not interested in her new works anymore. The fact that her marriage to Mannie coincided with Love songs, and she announced her relationship with Maro while again was about to be released just makes it seem like a cry for attention to the general public. I think what makes it worse is that the whole "single-in-disguise" is overloaded with Maro overtones, whether it be the positive covers or negative snowy kiss PV.

Speaking of which, consumers in general are not dumb either. I think that Ayu's sales for again would be an indication of how many die-hard fans would purchase a single release, rather than an indication of general album sales. I do believe that Ayu is definitely an artist who focuses on expression, but I think domestic fans are also fed up with her promotional antics. Without a clear indication for her path of releases up to her 15th anniversary, why would anyone other than die-hard fans want to buy these singles-in-disguise when they might have the chance to purchase all of the promotional main material (original mixes and videos) in a single set four months down the road?

I love that Ayu is still active in the music industry as an artist. I am slightly irritated that Maro is being pushed in my face with this release.
totally agree too... True native Japanese fans and even Asian fans are not dumb, they know whats going on... i read the China fans who had commented... u can really see nasty true real comments, not just a bunch of haters but fans whom have been following here all along or in one way or another as from the Japanese fans or public... this is the reality.
Old 9th December 2012, 03:50 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ yall do realize there are 2 more releases?
Old 9th December 2012, 04:02 AM
SCAR Initiate

Today's (Sunday) sale should be interesting. 1st and 2nd day (1st official day) roughly add up to how much LOVE sold on its first day. So she needs about 16k to keep on par with that release, ie. another increase in sales from previous day.
Old 9th December 2012, 04:08 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

About a single not being a part of the 5 releases, I don't think she's going to release any singles for a while. The next two releases could probably be a DVD/BD release and another album.

I don't have a problem with it really since singles generally have less image content than minis but I've never really cared what is released as long as it's something new.
Old 9th December 2012, 04:11 AM
GREEN Initiate

i really hope for another mini with 5 tracks and then finally a best with all the collected content from the minis.
that would be 12 tracks and then another 2 or 3 new tracks.
Old 9th December 2012, 06:49 AM
YOU Initiate

I don't care what people say about ayumi and maro relationship, about why ayumi not releasing single, or else about her personal life. What I really care about is her music. I just love her musics, I grow up with her music. Don't care what format she used to release her music( single or album or mini album or ep). I JUST LOVE HER MUSIC!!! I WILL BUY IT BECAUSE I LOVE HER MUSIC!!! She is human being like us, sometime do mistake, have a relationship, have personal liFe,etc. that's all **** three haters.
Old 9th December 2012, 07:52 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
^ yall do realize there are 2 more releases?

i really hope for another mini with 5 tracks and then finally a best with all the collected content from the minis.
that would be 12 tracks and then another 2 or 3 new tracks.
I think that you should read posts more carefully. I think I've made a distinction between die-hard fans, casual listeners, and the general public. And it seems as if you haven't really kept up with Ayu's release patterns as well.

If she were to release an album containing the main promotional tracks from the minis, why would a casual listener or the general public shell out their pockets for remix tracks, instrumentals, or some nice photos? Hence, I stated that the sales for again is more likely an indicator for the amount of die-hard fans that would still purchase a single, rather than general album sales.

If she were to release a best album in continuation from A BEST 2, it'd contain material all the way back from the Secret album released in 2006. Even if she were to have a concept for the best and release a multi-disc, why would casual listeners buy these singles in disguise now? They know that the main material they hear on radios and see videos of would eventually be put on a bigger release that is much more economically priced than these minis.

I personally hope that I'm wrong, and that many of the original mix tracks will stay exclusive onto the minis, but the chances are slim.
Old 9th December 2012, 10:21 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

5th day @ #6

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2012-12-08/more/2/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 9th December 2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 9th December 2012, 10:22 AM
Lelio Protector

5th Day
Position: #6
Sales: x
Total Sales: 21,851 + x
Old 9th December 2012, 10:34 AM
Initiate

Judging from the Oricon website, I'd say around 7,000 sales today, bringing the total to approximately 29,000. With drops like that it won't even approach the 80,000 of LOVE.
Old 9th December 2012, 11:18 AM
Far away Initiate

End of the world...
Old 9th December 2012, 11:21 AM
appears Initiate

^^

I love that song!!!
Old 9th December 2012, 11:33 AM
Initiate

Wow, i would never imagine this for ayu. Its very sad, but its pretty clear that she needs to stop and take a rest. 15 years are too many years of continuous releases, scandals, concerts... A hiatus would give her the chance to rest her vocals, rest her mind and come back happier. It would also make the fans miss her, which is something that would make her good

Tags
『again』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon