14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [III] - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th December 2012, 07:38 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
they were marketed to have 5 mini-albums over 5 months
They never said this ... It's just the fans who made hasty conclusions !

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 27th December 2012, 07:39 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Actually wondering now if "LOVE again" is happening because of "again"'s poor sales.
Would they have just released a 3rd mini if the previous 2 had sold well?

Edit: something else that makes me think this...did anyone really expect an album to be the Feb release?

LAST.FM

浜崎あゆみ
倖田來未 × 安室奈美恵
蔡依林 × 後藤真希 × KAT-TUN
4minute ~ 현아 ~ 宇多田ヒカル ~ Kalafina ~ 가인
immi ~ 大塚愛 ~ ルルティア ~ 川田まみ ~ 2NE1 ~ 黒木メイサ ~ 水樹奈々 ~ mini ~ 中川翔子

Last edited by harufi; 27th December 2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 27th December 2012, 07:39 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
They never said this ... It's just the fans who made hasty conclusions !
This was never stated and obviously isn't true. Hello, A CLASSICAL.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 27th December 2012, 07:42 PM
UNITE! Initiate

I thought about all of this this morning...

Perhaps this should have been a CD-only with new songs (since we're not getting any new videos for whatever reason). If February was to follow the same pattern, THEN a single blu-ray with these "8th Day Releases" should have been released...probably in April or whatever.

I think this whole release business was a mess. It's nice that Avex/Ayu are celebrating Ayu's career, but I mean... even the article ("The 8th Day is Ayu Day") just hinted at the uncertainty of the releases, and that there would be many surprises.

idk, I'm still excited about this (just for the freakin' blu-ray lmao) and I'm still ordering it tomorrow. If you don't like it, get the CD-only just for the new songs or if you want that serial number. Or don't; being an Ayu fan doens't necessarily mean getting every release.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 27th December 2012, 07:44 PM

^I agree. A simple CD and CD+Goods would have sufficed, and probably lessened the blow

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 07:50 PM

If the point of these releases weren't about sales numbers, then a third mini-album with just the new songs would've been enough for me.

I'm glad I didn't buy 'again' yet. I'm going to get the CD only version of 'again' and CD+DVD of 'LOVE again'.
Old 27th December 2012, 07:50 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
and who exactly said that? It's like people didn't read my post or are too incompetent to understand my point. Also, being a true mean DOES mean supporting your artist, at least every now and then. Not necessarily buying every version of every release.

I hate the mindset of "OH I didn't buy LOVE or again so I'm glad they're on LOVE again" because it's STILL RECYCLED TRACKS. Also singles being called mini-albums to jack up the price.

It's true though...if you can't see this obvious greedy tactic, there is something wrong.
I don't even know what your talking about since I never read your post. I'm just saying something about people in general. Just like you can be a fan of an actor without ever going to the movie theaters to see there movie, you just wait for it to come on TV. Theres no such thing as a "true fan"...

Old 27th December 2012, 07:52 PM

^there most certainly is. at least different levels of fandom. If you are a big big fan, you would obviously want to support your favorite artist by buying their releases.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 07:54 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ I also dont think you can have a 'true' fan because you either are a fan or you are not.
better terms are 'supporting' and 'free loading.' lol (joking somewhat)

I dont think anyone ever said 5 mini albums in five months.
it was alwasy supposed to be 5 months of new music...
and now clearly its no longer the case... although feb still has new music, it is also reusing music... sadly.

NOW... i wish we would have some album mixes... that would make me feel good about this release.
Old 27th December 2012, 07:56 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
NOW... i wish we would have some album mixes... that would make me feel good about this release.
I'd be fine with tracks from LOVE and again been used if we had new versions or arrangements!

LAST.FM

浜崎あゆみ
倖田來未 × 安室奈美恵
蔡依林 × 後藤真希 × KAT-TUN

Old 27th December 2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
^ I also dont think you can have a 'true' fan because you either are a fan or you are not.

I dont think anyone ever said 5 mini albums in five months.
it was alwasy supposed to be 5 months of new music...
and now clearly its no longer the case... although feb still has new music, it is also reusing music... sadly.

I suppose you worded that accurately.

I NEED AYU TRANCE 5

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 07:58 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I just don't see it that way, sorry. I just don't see the correlation between being releases and being a true fan. When I think of "supporting an artist", I think of sticking buy an artist through the good and the bad where it's there personal or professional life.

Also because I know a lot of people that are die-hard fans of artist but don't own any of there releases, because they just can't afford them or just have more important things to buy and I don't think that makes them any less a "true fan" than people who do buy releases.

Quote:
Yes this is also what I mean.

Last edited by IYFreak; 27th December 2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 27th December 2012, 07:59 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

The good thing about this album is

1. The covers.

2. The album will sell more than PARTY QUEEN. Why? Because the album shot up to the top 10 on Japan's Amazon. I didn't see that for LOVE and AGAIN. Looks like fans that didn't buy the previous albums (A SUMMER BEST, LOVE, and AGAIN) will be buying this purchase. I'm sure a lot of fans were waiting for all the songs to be patched into an album to finally make a purchase. I suspect this album will sell at least 200,000 copies.
Old 27th December 2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYFreak View Post
I just don't see it that way, sorry. I just don't see the correlation between being releases and being a true fan. When I think of "supporting an artist", I think of sticking buy an artist through the good and the bad where it's there personal or professional life.

Also because I know a lot of people that are die-hard fans of artist but don't own any of there releases, because they just can't afford them or just have more important things to buy and I don't think that makes them any less a "true fan" than people who do buy releases.

Yes this is also what I mean.
It's one thing if you can't afford it, but I just believe if you really love an artist you would want to support them and own their releases, not just steal them from the internet.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 08:07 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYFreak View Post
I don't even know what your talking about since I never read your post. I'm just saying something about people in general. Just like you can be a fan of an actor without ever going to the movie theaters to see there movie, you just wait for it to come on TV. Theres no such thing as a "true fan"...
Quote:
I agree with you.
The love for an artist can't be measure by the spent money or the financial support.
Old 27th December 2012, 08:10 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by URANUS View Post

1. The covers.

2. The album will sell more than PARTY QUEEN. Why? Because the album shot up to the top 10 on Japan's Amazon. I didn't see that for LOVE and AGAIN. Looks like fans that didn't buy the previous albums (A SUMMER BEST, LOVE, and AGAIN) will be buying this purchase. I'm sure a lot of fans were waiting for all the songs to be patched into an album to finally make a purchase. I suspect this album will sell at least 200,000 copies.
Kinda surprised but it makes sense. I know when I was pissed off yesterday I said I wanted it to flop and I doubt it'd sell 100k, but now I've calmed down I can say it'd be nice for her sales to improve on an album for a change.
To be fair to Ayu, all the tracks from LOVE and again are pretty high quality (bar Ivy for me haha). I'm expecting the new songs to blow me away.

(I also hope for at least one experimental track on LOVE again, like how we had the jazz on PQ)

LAST.FM

浜崎あゆみ
倖田來未 × 安室奈美恵
蔡依林 × 後藤真希 × KAT-TUN

Old 27th December 2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by URANUS View Post

1. The covers.

I certainly hope you're right!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる

Old 27th December 2012, 08:15 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^^^^
It depend also if you are a collector and like to have things physically or just don't care and prefer to download legally ! Buy a Japanese CDs when you are foreigner is very expensive I think people have others priorities ! For exemple I'm a die hard fan of Nana Mizuki & Ayu and I would like buy all their CDs but I just can't because I've others things more essential ^^

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 27th December 2012, 08:17 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
It's one thing if you can't afford it, but I just believe if you really love an artist you would want to support them and own their releases, not just steal them from the internet.
Ayu will live and I will keep enjoying her music and being a huge fan of her without buying her releases. I own like 1 CD with a photobook lol. Not any less of a fan.

I wonder what the 5th release will be now lol

So people are mad and disappointed still because the mini-albums weren't called or priced as singles. Okay. I get that. I just have trouble caring as much as I empathize.

Like idk. This is just how the release is. More to life than this.

Has ayu replied to the various complaints and suggestions that people seemed to have sent in an effort to be real?

Edit: it'd be nice to see sales go up if that's even possible

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 27th December 2012, 08:23 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
^^^^
It depend also if you are a collector and like to have things physically or just don't care and prefer to download legally ! Buy a Japanese CDs when you are foreigner is very expensive I think people have others priorities ! For exemple I'm a die hard fan of Nana Mizuki & Ayu and I would like buy all their CDs but I just can't because I've others things more essential ^^
Yea I'm sure there are tons of people that would love to have BOOKSHELVES of there favorite artists' releases. But they just can't. Of course there are people that want to "support" there favorite artist...but they just can't.

But they have every right to complain about a release just as much as the next person whether they're buying it or not. You can still criticize...nothing is wrong with that. Why do people have to say "ugh the people who are complaining are just the the whiny people who don't buy releases....aren't true fans...download illegally.." makes no difference.

Also I think you show more support by not buying something that's release because you expect a better quality of product to be released from your favorite artist and that shows them "Oh I can't just go around releasing any type of crap I want to, i have to put some actual thought into this." (well I mean they CAN release any crap they want, but that does not necessarily mean anyone will buy it just because there name is on it...)

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, love again