Alan auditioned for a Chinese singing competition, thought? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 13th May 2013, 05:28 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Alan auditioned for a Chinese singing competition, thought?

Well it seems that Alan joined a singing competition in China... here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5nF-j-7xVQo

I was really heartbroken to see her participate in a show like this, I mean, better than that right?
Old 13th May 2013, 07:15 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

So many things can be said. So many things will not be said.
At least she's not giving up!
Old 13th May 2013, 09:05 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post

So many things can be said. So many things will not be said.
At least she's not giving up!
IKR? I mean, few months ago they said that she'll release a new album in summer, plus she released a single this year.

I guess she wants to start over again
Old 13th May 2013, 09:11 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Pommy kindly translated this for alan international. In her introduction, alan states that she wants to shrug off her reputation as "that girl who sang RED CLIFF" or "the Inuyasha singer" and bring herself into the limelight in China as herself. It's weird to see her in a reality singing show, but I understand the logic.
Old 13th May 2013, 09:24 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I didnt like diamond or the ending. It was a poor man's My Will rip off in song AND video.
Old 13th May 2013, 09:57 PM
still alone Initiate

What are those two guys rolling their eyes at? Wtf?

Anyway this is so strange to see.
Old 13th May 2013, 11:45 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

It's alan's label fault.
alan could choose between this show and another random show about diving.

At least she is doing what she likes, SING without lipsync.

TWICE

Old 14th May 2013, 01:47 AM
Liar Initiate

Wish she would not waste her time with this BS tbh....I mean obviously she's gonna win but why doesn't she just work on new music instead of singing for a panel of second class nobodies? Confused.
Old 14th May 2013, 10:47 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

HUH?!

She is already a star...she doesn't need this...

this is really sad...

just feels not right...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 14th May 2013, 10:52 AM
forgiveness Initiate

I'm saddened by this she's a star with stellar talent. Auditioning for a music competition is pointless. She has experience, she's talented and beautiful there must be something else she can do beside this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyrhythm View Post
Wish she would not waste her time with this BS tbh....I mean obviously she's gonna win but why doesn't she just work on new music instead of singing for a panel of second class nobodies? Confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiharo View Post
What are those two guys rolling their eyes at? Wtf?

Anyway this is so strange to see.
I don't like how those male judges look at her, it's as if she's a completely newbie in music
Is the female judge Zhang Ziyi?

Last edited by terra; 14th May 2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 14th May 2013, 11:36 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Found a fuller clip

with the judges comments.

Female judge (Zhang Ziyi): You have a lot of presence and very impactful. The stage seems to be made for you. I feel the music and other effects aren't important. It's very comfortable.

1st Male Judge (Eason Chan): I feel like riding a horse. It feels so broad and limitless. (Female judge says that alan is in front with you riding the horse) No, I was riding alone.

2nd Male Judge: alan standing here today, I feel the stage isn't big enough for her. I'm giving you a very big Yes.

Female Judge: I'll surely say yes.

Eason: Today's performance wasn't that good. I'll say no.

Last male judge: I agree with Eason. I think you didn't explore and present more. It's not your best. I have a piece of bad news for you. This road is going to be really difficult. Because you have to walk this road with us. Yes.

LOL ALAN EXITS FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE STAGE...SHE'S SO CUTE!!!
Old 14th May 2013, 02:03 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra View Post
I'm saddened by this she's a star with stellar talent. Auditioning for a music competition is pointless. She has experience, she's talented and beautiful there must be something else she can do beside this

I don't like how those male judges look at her, it's as if she's a completely newbie in music
Is the female judge Zhang Ziyi?
yes that's Zhang Ziyi

LOL I don't really like how some of judges look at her, I mean, she's just successful as they are, she might be even more successful than they are actually...
Old 14th May 2013, 03:23 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

i always dislike Eason, since 2007, since the comment he said about Ayu lipsynch and all...he is just...blah...

this is just so sad...oh my...Alan...what do you think by competing in this show...you already far better than this...this is madness...i can't get into her thought to compete..

you even get to sang the biggest chinese box office movie theme song...

is Eason know this??? i dislike him even more

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Last edited by AyuGAME; 14th May 2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 14th May 2013, 03:33 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I don't know, I didn't totally disliked the idea.
I think this is a good challenge for her, and one of the few ways to sing live in China, and if it boots her popularity it's a plus. I mean, if people roll eyes at her it's evident they don't know what an amazing singer she is, so this is a good chance to prove them all wrong and shine. She'll meet singer with strong voices, kinda like hers, and she'll be pushed to do her best.
On one thing I agree: this should not obstacle her career in any way, her first heart's desire is making music. But, since they talk about a summer album, I'm not very worried.
But I'm a little be sad because, like someone made me notice, this is stealing chances from unkown people who hope to build themselves a name. And I'm really curious to know what the final prize is, it can't be a discographic contract, what use would that be on already signed up singers who are competing? o_O Maybe money?

Hello new me...

Old 16th May 2013, 05:34 PM
End roll Initiate

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ first

then I thought

go for it alan, she will climb her way to the top her own way..screw labels!

this is a gamble but if she makes it far she can finally have a successful Chinese career and be more free
Old 16th May 2013, 06:46 PM
Secret Initiate

I want to feel bad but alan has been irrelevant for a while l0l like what has she been doing
Old 29th May 2013, 02:37 PM
No way to say Initiate

awww she's so cute ^^

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 29th May 2013, 04:05 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Didn't she lose or something?
Old 29th May 2013, 04:20 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^
Actually she left, apparently because she didn't like the style they choose for her, it was ruining her image or something like that.
I'm a little bit disappointed -I was looking towards the performance- but God if I enjoyed Alan being a D.I.V.A.

Hello new me...

Old 30th May 2013, 10:26 AM
Greatful days Initiate

The fact that she left is just a rumor, officially she has been eliminated.

From jpopasia
Quote:
Established vocalist alan, who surprised many by auditioning for China's version of "The X-Factor", was eliminated from the singing competition, failing to make it into the show's top 12.

alan had advanced into the top 24 round of the competition, reaching the "judge's houses" part of the competition. Each judge chose 6 competitor for their respective categories - female solo, male solo, groups and 25+ years-old solo - and had to narrow their choices down to 3 for the final part of the series.

Lo Ta Yu, a Taiwanese singer, was the judge in charge of the female solos. After alan sung the song "Feng Huang", the judge determined that her ability to hit high notes was unsatisfactory. This, combined with his belief that she wasn't suited to the competition, led to eliminate her from the competition.

While the part of alan's performance that was aired for the program showed little ability to hit high notes, additional footage showed the singer's trademark, soaring vocals being hit with grace and ease. Her strong voice and audience recognition made her elimination a controversial decision.

Rumor part
According to a report from the Chinese media portal QQ, it is rumored that strife between alan and the crew could have played a role in the singer's elimination. alan was reportedly asked to wear an outfit by the show's stylist, but refused, choosing her own clothes that fit her established image. She is also said to have argued with the camera crew to change the angle she was shot at, prompting an argument between the two.

The show's organizers have been accused of eliminating other established artists due to their refusal to sign binding contracts, though these claims have been denied. In regards to complaints that singers with strong voices have been eliminated, the organizers have stated that the program isn't necessarily about who has the best voice, but rather who has the most potential to be a star.

Tags
alan