[Koda Kumi] The 196th Thread - My music is designed from my DNA - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2018, 04:22 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

WOWOW announced they will air footages of next month's AKIKO WADA 50th ANNIVERSARY「WADA FES」~Koto Ware Nakatta Naka Matachi~ in Dec

https://twitter.com/FES_WOWOW/status...87977293959170

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 16th September 2018, 04:31 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Ah, regarding Wada Fes.
It was announced this week on her official site, that Kuu is going to collab with Masayuki Suzuki, the singer of Rats & Star, the original artist of Megumi no Hito.
They don't mention what they gonna sing, but I guess it's clear.

https://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1065453

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 16th September 2018, 05:27 PM
I am... Initiate

Kuu met Tomiko Van, singer of Do As Infinity for lunch in Kumamoto today. They talked a long time and took pictures together, they look like good friends!

Spoiler:

Old 16th September 2018, 10:39 PM
Voyage Initiate

Love those pics of Van and Kuu together!
Old 17th September 2018, 06:33 AM
Depend on you Initiate

They both look so fresh!

wednesday's child is full of woe

Old 17th September 2018, 06:52 AM

Go to Kumamoto

https://twitter.com/KODAKUMINET/stat...57929017536512

Different photo Kuu posted on her Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn0K-tDAnT6/

1st time I see a massage sign below Kuu's name on the dressing room signage

So Kuu has massages before or after each concert ?

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 17th September 2018, 07:55 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Kuu and her team released a statement regarding the earthquake in Hokkaifo from early September and her performances there the coming weekend.

Quote:
9月6日(木)未明に発生しました平成30年北海道胆振東部地震により、
被災された皆様へ謹んでお見舞い申し上げます。

9月22日(土)、9月23日(日)に予定しております、「KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2018~DNA~」北海道公演は、公演に関わる電源の一部を独自に手配した電源で賄い、現時点(9月17 日)では予定通り開催します。

今後、余震の影響等で状況が変わりましたら
KODA KUMIオフィシャルホームページ・オフィシャルSNS等でご案内をさせて頂きます。

引き続き、余震への備えなど安全確保にご留意いただき、
北海道に一日も早く平穏な日々が戻りますよう心よりお祈り申し上げます。

2018年9月17日 倖田來未 スタッフ一同
They're expressing their deepest condolensces for those being affected and hope that peaceful days will return soon.

They arranged their own power supply for the Sapporo performances, so everything is going as planned at the moment.
If anything is going to change, they'll inform through the official sites/ social media.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 17th September 2018, 11:19 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Kuu and Tomiko look so joyful in these pics, really looks like it was a good time

And that outfit Karen posted is just everythiiiing

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 17th September 2018, 01:39 PM

Today's KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2018 ~DNA~ setlist in Kumamoto is almost the same as Fri's Fukuoka setlist

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5883970885

Instead of Lady Go! , Kuu sung Poppin' love cocktail today

I have a feeling from Song 19 onwards , it's the encore segment

Old 17th September 2018, 01:56 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Today's KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2018 ~DNA~ setlist in Kumamoto is almost the same as Fri's Fukuoka setlist

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5883970885

Instead of Lady Go! , Kuu sung Poppin' love cocktail today

I have a feeling from Song 19 onwards , it's the encore segment
No TV reports till NOW... Maybe when the concert will take place in Tokyo...
Old 17th September 2018, 03:11 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Thank you for your review, Taru86!
Would you mind telling us, why one of your favourite performances of the night was Guess Who Is Back?
You didn't mention it in the review, just at the end.^^
Oh you're right, I didn't mention anything about Guess Who Is Back. There aren't any props or choreography or anything during the performance, I just really love the song and it's super powerful live!

I just got back from the Kumamoto show, and once again it was great! I had an amazing time

If I can, I definitely want to go again.

Here's a few things that stood out in tonight's performance:

Spoiler:
Kuu didn't have any problems with the aerial trick that she messed up on in Fukuoka.

During HUSH while Kuu was dancing near the edge of the stage she almost fell off the stage and screamed into the mic really loud.

At the end of LIT when the tape/streamers shoot out into the audience, Kuu accidentally yell "Come on Fukuoka...Kumamoto!" which was kind of funny.

The song selection for the encore was between Popin' love cocktail, LIFE so GOOD, and WHAT'S UP, and the fan selected in the audience chose Popin' love cocktail.

During the MC Kuu talked about how she has so many nicknames, and talked about what other artist call her. She mentioned that ayu calls her Kuu-chan.

One of the questions from the one of the fan club members as asking how she can learn to talk as fast as Kuu and how to be as interesting as her. Kuu then when on to talk about how during the earlier years of her career avex told her that she wasn't allowed to talk during lives and events. She said that it wasn't until about 4 years into her career that she was able to start talking more. She also mention that the very first time she performed at a-nation she was instructed to sing and not talk at all, but during the performance she still said stuff during the songs to try to pump up the audience, but didn't get a very good reaction. She said the reactions she got were more like "Who does the girl think she is?" Which was hard on her considering big artists such as "ayu-senpai" were there performing too.

One of the fan club messages was from an 8-year-old girl who said her dream is to be one of Kuu's dancers one day. Kuu told her to keep at it and maybe ten years from now she could join the team, even though Kuu will be 45 by then. She asked the girl what her favorite song is, and she said ai no uta. Kuu then said that ai no uta isn't a song to dance to, and the joked about making a dance version of it.

Also it was one of the fan club members' birthday, so Kuu sang happy birthday to her, and they had happy birthday with balloons written on the big screen in the back.

After seeing the show a second time now, I have to say that ScREaM is probably my favorite performance of the show. It's so silly and fun. I was a little indifferent about the song before, but now I love it.

Also here's what I can remember from the MC from the second Fukuoka date, if anyone's interested:

Spoiler:
A fan club member asked about fragrances, and if Kuu would ever consider making one for men. But she said that she had never really thought about it.

Another member asked which makes her more nervous, performing during concerts or on TV. She said that both make her nervous, but she doesn't really like doing TV performances as much. Before a performance and gets super nervous and feels like she has to go to the restroom a lot, but as soon as the music starts playing she transforms into the artist Koda Kumi, and all of her nerves go away.

Another fan talked about how CHANCES ALL gives her strength, and asked which so was Kuu's favorite from the album. Kuu said that her favorite song from AND is NEVER ENOUGH, and talked about several songs from DNA but said that HAIRCUT is one of her favorites.
Old 17th September 2018, 07:15 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Damn those shoes.

My only complaint about the tour setlist is Work That being in the encore. That song is fire it deserved to be in the main part of the show

And I would change Is this trap? for BUT and that medley would have been perfect!!

IG | YT | PR

Old 17th September 2018, 10:08 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Hey guys is Viagogo reliable for Kuu tickets? I'm planning a last minute trip to Tokyo to see Kuu on her two dates there and want to buy from there as it seems easy to buy as a foreign fan and they even let you choose which section to sit in. Is there another way to buy tickets for foreign fans that is better and easy to understand? Would really appreciate some help with this.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 18th September 2018, 09:08 AM

^ I don't have any experience buying tickets via Viagogo but I don't think you should take the risk to do that cos in Japan's context , the only way you know your seats is when you receive the ticket

I never heard in Japan where you're able to choose your seating ticket arrangement in advance . In here yes cos tickets are sold on 1st come 1st serve basis

Someone also asked about this in the previous Kuu thread and Corvina gave the same thoughts ie. both of us don't trust buying Kuu's concert tickets from Viagogo

It's either you get hold of tickets via

- Kuu's fanclubs

- the general ticket sale balloting

- auction sites ; for this some sellers would post photos of the tickets and at times state which row/seat number . Naturally if the seat number is good , you'll be expected to pay a premium & not the actual face value of the ticket cost

- buy last minute issued tickets on the day you plan to go or check online if people plan to sell tickets on the day of the concert

The last 1 is the most risky to me

===

DNA 4th week position/sales - #89 ; 505
Total 4 week sales - 18,578

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5884938283

===

This's weird , a Baidu user wrote that Kuu supposedly will be featured in Jolin Tsai's new album CYBER LOVER o_O

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5884931354

Many other Baidu users who commented on the thread said it's false and they rather see Jolin collaborate with Hirai Ken , AI if not Ayu lol

Last edited by KarenPang; 18th September 2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 18th September 2018, 12:32 PM
Initiate

The collab is probably fake, but I would be here for it. It has been such a long time since the last time she did a collab with a female artist.

Hope DNA's sales reach at least 20k.

WKKW has pictures of the stage and the outfits for the tour (they asked not to share anywhere else). The stage looks really cool, this really should be an arena tour for sure.
Old 18th September 2018, 12:45 PM
As if.. Initiate

Thanks for the consistent updates Karen. DNA will probably chart for another 5 weeks. Should break 20k considering AND sold 19k.

Yikes, at those sales for THE RAMPAGE....

LDH and avex invested a lot in those boys and they had trouble breaking 35k. TWICE just murdered them last week.
Old 18th September 2018, 01:25 PM
Initiate

Backstage of the tour, you can see the stage, how it works and all.

Old 18th September 2018, 01:48 PM
As if.. Initiate

^Thanks for the video. The stage design is great. Definitely could have been an arena show going by the investment here.
Old 18th September 2018, 02:29 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

The rumour of a Jolin x Kuu collab to me sounds more like a joke on Namie's retirement, like... someone gotta be there instead, oh let's call that koda girl I'd love to see that happen, but yeah not feeling the rumour.

The stage looks sooo good, oh my

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 18th September 2018, 03:19 PM
As if.. Initiate

No interest at all in a collaboration with Tsai. Next.
Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, queen of live