[Koda Kumi] The 201st Thread - 20th Anniversary Countdown - - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th December 2019, 06:08 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Ok, I only remember the fan voting for the setlist and that it was her live comeback after her pregnancy, didn't look it up.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 6th December 2019, 11:28 PM
Because of You Initiate

She finally has 47k subscribers! she was in 46 for forever! haha
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 7th December 2019, 01:59 AM
Initiate

It's worth noticing that the new uploads are in fullHD.

The upload of again was updated with a 4K version, so this is her first 4K video. The quality is insane. Interesting to see this is the only 4K upload on avex's youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Twz6IbavAA

I guess they are experimenting with her PVs. TAKE BACK looks really good in fullHD, even the flaws in her skin are showing. But in NEVER ENOUGH's case, the original avex upload is better. So who knows.
Old 7th December 2019, 04:18 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

I was hoping we'd maybe get arena tour dates and an ALL TIME BEST announcement. Oh well. Surprised she's bringing re(live) into 2020.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 7th December 2019, 05:38 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Info and pics are up at news sites.
Like here on avex:
https://avexnet.jp/news/detail.php?id=1003818
Or modelpress and Spice and so on.

So, the 930 Yen were a Kumi-thank-you-price and they mention the best live selection by fans and staff was done by questionnaire (tho not which one) and them showing footage from those lives.
Kuu was talking e.g. about backstories and hardships she had in her career.
She said she wants to continue to sing for 10-20 years.

Throughout the whole 20th anniversary year they're going to upload more than 150 full scaled PVs on her youtube account, according to their release date (yesterday all songs released on December 6 were uploaded).

Kota., the fan who shared the setlist and info yesterday, also shared further and detailed notes about the contents of the event. Going through all of that in a bit.
He did make a mistake with the setlist tho - she didn't perform Fake Tongue, that was only in video.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 7th December 2019, 10:19 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Here's the report what she talked about in both lives from Kota. on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/kt_fsnst/status/1202968388131115009

https://twitter.com/kt_fsnst/status/1202980611834576896

1st stage

About Love & Songs
- the voice of the baby before show girl was that of her child
- at the rehearsals of one of the performances she had an accident with the lifter opening the rose petals
- there were songs in the top 10 she actually didn't want to sing
- she disliked the center stage
- she didn't want the fans to see the protrusion of her waist from behind
- 360° view+ moving stage+ tech-driven movements = Kuu disliking the center stage
- the compatibility between the lifter of act 3 and her costume with the knee high boots was really bad and therefore difficult to fly

About UNIVERSE
-the floor of the main stage was unusual due to all the use of mire wesh
- the effect of the fountain was weakened at the place Kuu was sitting due to her staff's thoughtfulness
- the lifter under the Lick Me ♥ seat was compsoed of 4 pieces and was directed by moving 2 pieces at the same time
- the initial size of the mirror ball was too small and the acrylic plate on top of it was also bad, which made her angry
- so it couldn't be helped that Kuu bend her body forward/to the sides being on the plate
- when she was spinning her ponytail her stylist shouted about rehearsals and schedule and in the end she only was spinning it for the last two turns for 走れ!

2nd stage

About TRICK
- it was one of the candidates for re(LIVE)
- it all started with the dancers watching past arena tours and telling Kuu what they wanted to dance the most
- expressing the arena in a hall = re(LIVE)
- the early clown design was an okame (a moon-faced clown, a thin or shallow face without much profile)
- but they told her it wouldn't be wide enough so they added cement for the end result (talking about the stage design)
- Kuu wanted to get out of the mouth of the clown and after they did it several times they had the right width
- she also wanted the opening curtain to be sucked into the mouth of the clown
- But her staff said it would be impossible, so it was sucked in under the chin instead (all reasons for the big chin of the clown, I guess)
- the opening costume was already decided one year ago cause they already used it for the KINGDOM ending movie
- the reason why she put the BUT remix after show girl without singing it is that she wanted to do a pole dance show with the show girl concept
-Hurry Up! was first planned with a car instead of a motorcycle
- there was initially no technology to lift a car+the car had to be in a mini size, smaller than expected = idea abandoned, bike used
- Kuu said she wanted to do more tricks for the show
- the reason she made TRICK, the first song, only into a full version live was cause she wanted to create a sound source fitting simultaneously to the intro of the live

About WALK OF MY LIFE
- as revenge for Hurry Up! the Benz was lifted in the air this time
- as cars are usually not lifted into the air, the car body bends slightly forward + no lifeline = steep and scary
- she wondered about, if piano+drums+guitar wouldn't a bit too much at once
- every day when coming home after rehearsal she would still touch the instruments
- big sponsors+15th anniversary live+ her believe she couldn't go on for 15 years = a lot of pressure for successful performances and her being sensitive at rehearsals.
- Which is why she's crying in the making of: She just understood later that the picks she was frustrated about in the making were actually three new ones and she wanted to apologise for shouting at her staff after that.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 7th December 2019, 04:00 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Throughout the whole 20th anniversary year they're going to upload more than 150 full scaled PVs on her youtube account, according to their release date (yesterday all songs released on December 6 were uploaded).
This is such a cool idea. I like it! Here it is the line up for December then:

12.10 Gentle Words
12.11 m·a·z·e
12.14 Birthday Eve
12.20 Black Cherry (some album track, maybe? It could be TWINKLE)
12.21 D.D.D. feat. SOULHEAD
12.24 stay with me
12.26 Koishikute
12.28 Shake It Up

Quote:
- she disliked the center stage
I was also not a fan of the center stage, the idea of paying to see the concert and end up watching her from behind for a good portion bothers me a little. To be honest I'm not a huge fan of Premium Night ~Love & Songs~ anyway, maybe it's the weird filter they have in the footage, I don't know.

I like both medleys, maybe it will be release just like the XV Special Live, for next album.
Old 7th December 2019, 04:32 PM
As if.. Initiate

Really love the insight into the past arena tours. The behind the scenes facts about TRICK are really interesting.

I had a feeling she wasn't quite feeling the center stage approach. The dynamics of a center stage are quite different than a traditional endstage format.

No lifeline on the car during the Mercedes performance!? Yikes!

Kumi posted edited live footage from the event yesterday. Makes me wonder if they did indeed quietly film at least parts of it. I wouldn't mind a special digest turning up later on.

Last edited by lovethatkuu&ayu; 7th December 2019 at 04:35 PM.
Old 8th December 2019, 08:54 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethatkuu&ayu View Post

Kumi posted edited live footage from the event yesterday. Makes me wonder if they did indeed quietly film at least parts of it. I wouldn't mind a special digest turning up later on.
On Twitter the tags say it's to give the fans who couldn't come something of the atmosphere of the event, even tho if it's just short. Made by her manager.

Akihiro and Showko made the talk part with Kuu.
The oher dancers and Kenji were only there for the 2nd live.
And Kuu jokes that this wasn't a live, but a new kind of event, about 1 hour talking and 30 minutes singing, lol.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 9th December 2019, 02:36 AM
I am... Initiate

Thank you for posting about the MC! I wonder which songs from LOVE & SONGS she didn’t want to sing :O

And I can’t get over what nice pictures we’ve been getting from the event!
Old 9th December 2019, 03:13 PM
As if.. Initiate

New television appearance!

Kumi will be participating in the Premium Melodix year-end special on the 28th!

https://news.dwango.jp/tv/44063-1912
https://rhythmzone.net/koda/schedule...php?id=1080044

Last edited by lovethatkuu&ayu; 9th December 2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 9th December 2019, 04:05 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

It's really interesting to read her insights on those tours, and know what difficulties she went through. I couldn't imagine half of this, and it adds so much to a person I already adore. Gosh, I love this woman.

Also really happy for the videos being up on YT, just hope they don't take them down after the 20th anniv is gone lol Can't wait for JAPONESQUE's anniversary

I thought she might start touring in March/April but with these new/delayed reLIVE dates I'm not expecting that anymore. Wonder what will be the first release for this anniversary, especially since she started both her 10th and 15th anniversaries with new albums, but we already have gotten reCORD.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 10th December 2019, 01:42 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Do you think the olympics could late the arena tour? I've been seriously thinking of go to see her in a concert again... Probably we gonna have another FANTASIA/THE ARTIST, but its hard to anticipating flight tickets for this...
I hope the flight prices down after the olympics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
It's really interesting to read her insights on those tours, and know what difficulties she went through. I couldn't imagine half of this, and it adds so much to a person I already adore. Gosh, I love this woman.

Also really happy for the videos being up on YT, just hope they don't take them down after the 20th anniv is gone lol Can't wait for JAPONESQUE's anniversary

I thought she might start touring in March/April but with these new/delayed reLIVE dates I'm not expecting that anymore. Wonder what will be the first release for this anniversary, especially since she started both her 10th and 15th anniversaries with new albums, but we already have gotten reCORD.
Old 10th December 2019, 07:57 AM
rainy day Initiate

Love this retrospective video:
Old 10th December 2019, 10:27 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marurosu View Post
Do you think the olympics could late the arena tour? I've been seriously thinking of go to see her in a concert again... Probably we gonna have another FANTASIA/THE ARTIST, but its hard to anticipating flight tickets for this...
2020 Summer Olympics will be held between 24th July to 9th Aug

Since Kuu already said she will do an Arena tour next year , now probably it might be after the Olympics conclude

L'Arc-en-Ciel will be doing their 1st Japan domestic Arena tour in 8 years & news on ARENA TOUR MMXX was announced 3 months ago with the tour starting on 9th Jan

Doing a tour during Summer in Japan ain't really a good thing cos Summer in Japan is really terrible

Not just the heat you have to deal with but the humidity can really get to you

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 10th December 2019, 12:22 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

So, Kuu was at avex' headquarters for a meeting today.
And she shared a glimpse of it in her stories.
Looking closely one of the sheets is labeled with "Single Collection" (and the other sheets visible were the lyrics for the digital singles we got this year).
After the tour 2016 we might now get a release like that?
As an All Time Best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marurosu View Post
Possible.
As I already mentioned we got tours in Autumn the last two years.
I kind of expect the same next year as we already have re(LIVE) in February and we probably get another USJ live in Spring/Summer (plus summer festivals).
Maybe they gonna add more dates to re(LIVE) still.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 10th December 2019, 12:35 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I saw that sheet and thought this might be a release for the first half of the year. I can see two different releases, like A BEST 2, but tbh I don't know how I'd divide them cause the happy/sad songs rate for Kuu isn't as balanced as ayu's lol Maybe something à lá W FACE with a bold/upbeat edition and another one with the balads and cute/happy songs. It could be too similar but maybe she wants that.
It could even be paired with the reLIVE DVD, one edition has the Black Cherriy concert and the other having the JAPONESQUE one.

But who knows Maybe she's done with the paired releases, since reCORD already broke that pattern.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 10th December 2019, 12:56 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Forgot to post.
She recorded for a TV show yesterday.
Wonder what for?

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 10th December 2019, 01:19 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Yay for the all time best! Hope she posts some info soon and bundles it with the re(live) DVDs. Only thing I’m wondering is why they would release her PVs on YouTube before the single collection. I would’ve waited until after the collection had been released but oh well.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 10th December 2019, 02:22 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
Only thing I’m wondering is why they would release her PVs on YouTube before the single collection. I would’ve waited until after the collection had been released but oh well.
Because Kuu and her team know, that in this point of her career this is basically only going to be a collection for fans anyway?
Uploading them for free online will more likely help her with the general public/casual listeners or at least won't hurt. Like a form of promotion for the release and her.
I'd even say they understand how the market works nowadays.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Closed Thread

Tags
ero-kakkoii, koda kumi, queen of live