ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~ [IV] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th July 2016, 04:18 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I tried gacha 7 times and only won once lol
Old 17th July 2016, 04:23 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Back from the concert!!! Will leave a Spoiler tag with my review below
All in all, it was really beautiful and there were many moments when it was her singing that led me to tear

Spoiler:
The concert started so suddenly it was insane. tasky began playing and the buildup was so good. To my surprise GREEN was soooo well-done, though it was a rather midtempo song to pump my fists in the air. Ayu sounded really good here and I actually loved the white dress. It was so shiny and glorious which photos cant really portray. I love the rearrangement esp the bridge, and im not sure if its 100% the same as the MADE IN TOKYO one but I guess so.

FLOWER was nervewrecking. I wanted her to deliver esp after hearing fancams, where she is heard shouting but actually, she sang so amazingly!! It was in fact well-controlled vocals and wasnt as chaotic as I thought hahah! I was so happy, somehow despite the fierceness it wasnt a fist-pumping song either but it was nice.

WARNING was energetic on so many levels. Same as MIT.

Then it was the midpiece where a birds eye view of a street was shown. Her acrobatics team then walked vertically on the curtain-screen as though the audience was viewing from the top! It was really cool, i even thought it was fake. Then the angle turned and it was a eye-level view. Ayu rose from below and she looked amazing (once again, unlike what was captured on camera).

rainy day was majestic. When she hit the bridge perfectly, PERFECTLY, my heartstrings were pulled. That was when, her voice shone so much! The verses were kinda...weird in some ways because she used the airy vocal technique but it sounded like she lost her voice (and i thought she was sick until she let it all go at the bridge). Beautiful performance and possibly pushed the song much higher on my favs list. The dancers performed with umbrellas and I found the choreography to be pretty genius. As there was no spotlight on them, my attention was 90% on Ayu, unlike sometimes when theres just too much going on stage.

MOON was pretty nice.

After MOON, there was scene underwater played on screen. Her acrobatics team was going up and down in the water as though they wre swimming and falling underwater. It felt really real and cool to watch. Beautiful imageries too. Lastly the monkeygod saved one of the dancers who was drowning and they performed a swirling stunt, while the screen had water-swirling effects so it was really as though they were dancing underwater.

Summer time. INSPIRE took place in the classic desert. Loved how the dancers appeared in silouette first then there was a very K-pop/R&B Dance off before the song. She was shoutingg a bit on this but generally still alright. Great to hear one of the first few songs that made me a fan

The medley was sooooooooooo fun! Felt like an a-nation back there haha!

Moving on, it was the Nothingness Chapter and boy, let me sum it up in one word: POWERFUL. I think Kazuma or Miki was the main dancer for this. The hand-over-mouth motif was prominent in the segment leading up to BRILLANTe, which opened with its ominous tone. Truly apt I must say. Ayu appeared in a metal ball with 2 other dancers above ground. At the side were ribbon dancers(?). As she sang the song, which was amazingly strong, there was wind blowing at her light-semi-translucent skirt/dress and she was moving with so much grace it was so beautiful. And the entire moood in the song was so darn EPIC! The performance ended with a dancer putting Ayu's hand over her mouth.

But she quickly let go when Mad World started playing. She sounded so good honestly and when she hit the chorus, I could feel her plea and cries. She got emotional during the performance and there was just so much tension. The chorus just hit so hard I teared. During the chorus, the lyrics were shown on screen too and I think the audience was rather emotional too. And yup, at the end, she was gestured to keep quiet as the other dancers put their finger at their mouths facing her in a hush gesture while this evil character pulls her hand towards her mouth.

Endless Sorrow gave the Nothingness Chapter some hope but it was also a really sad piece. Ayu went up again into the air with another male dancer and gosh, the part where she just hooks her hands around his neck is insane and scary!!

ever free's segment was gorgeous! The shadowplay was so good and genious so please watch it when the video is out! I think it ended with ayu narrating in English "We are all ALONE, but we are the ONE, if we have LOVE" or something alongthose lines, clearly referencing back to A ONE's title.

Survivor was great! I loved her costume. I thought it was a shorter kimono but it was quite beautiful, a cross between a coat and kimono with gorgeous sleeves. She really nailed the high notes on this one I noticed that despitethe colourful lights and beautiful costumes, the side screens were all in monochrome and even themain screen on stage showed Ayu in monochrome. I thought it was a nice subtle hint at the coldness of the city which fit the lyrics.

until that Day...'s guitar sounds always sound quite different from the studio version somehow but it was a really hyped song (despite the audience around me not jumping so much...are Japanese really thatttt reserved LOL)

Days and You were were sung really well. Days was sung alone like in TA tour and I could feel her genuinity and sincerity while she was performing this. You were started out a lil shaky on the high notes but she managed to control them and just hit them towards the second half of the song.

Final chapter!!! OMG LOVED IT!! evolution's and vogue's new versions are a MUST to be ripped into mp3. Amazing remakes as with GREEN's and Im so happy she did that. evolution featured traditional drums while vogue sounded rather dark at some parts.

You are the only one was sheer perfection. She sounded so so amazing. It was a grandiose performance, with the vogue and Moments feather fans making a comeback. They formed a heartshape sign around her. And then forming a pair of wings behind her. She vibrato and opera-istic singing was heartwarming to listen to So so good! How does Timmy even write such epic songs for her LOL!

Encore was a whole lot of fun and yea, no surprise why TODAY was voted the best song of the album. Its a really sincere and heartwarming piece when you are there live. Before the song, they played a video of the Kumamoto/Fukuoka earthquake aftermath with TODAY's instrumental playing. Almost cried here. And there were scenes of people in the temp houses watching Ayu singing too. Lots of ayu's words were flashed on screen including a segment of FLOWER's lyrics. She was gonna cry in TODAY until the bridge where her dancer's intro helped soothed her emotions.

I was expecting MY ALL but she inserted The Show Must Go On today. Very amazing atmosphere created by the song to be honest and Im so happy she did it. I felt the lyrics really match the whole theme of the concert so well.

Enjoyed it so so much! You can really feel that the new songs were created with a direction and purpose and the whole concert has a lot of thought and new gimmicks put into it. Chapter of Nothingness is hands down honestly, one of her BEST performances in years. Theres too much figurative meaning and emotion in this segment, which i havent seen in a while.
After reading your review, I really want to watch the tour by TV version in August and the DVD at the end of the year
Old 17th July 2016, 05:54 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayukiChoco View Post
Today she sang the Show must go on before MY ALL
Ayu you little... lol I wanted to see this song live ):

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 17th July 2016, 06:48 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Keyword quiz update!

05/14 - た
05/15 - ん
05/21 - み
05/22 - あ
05/28 - 愛
06/03 - と
06/11 - T
06/12 - の
06/18 - ん
06/19 - う
07/02 - く
07/08 - り
07/09 - な
07/10 - が

Last one has to be A or something.

Last edited by truehappiness; 18th July 2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 17th July 2016, 08:06 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
I tried gacha 7 times and only won once lol
I played it EVERY time it was possible and won twice. Clear File + Tissuse Box

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 18th July 2016, 07:41 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Photo by Leslie&Ryan

Old 18th July 2016, 08:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Mmm, that getting ready photo in B&W.
Old 18th July 2016, 08:10 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Random katakana リ in there... I think the last one needs to be katakana... Because that by itself means nothing lol

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 18th July 2016, 08:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Random katakana リ in there... I think the last one needs to be katakana... Because that by itself means nothing lol
Yeah, the way it was written looked like katakana but... I'll put the hiragana in there, lol. Was not 100% sure.

Anyone close to unscrambling it?

I am fairly certain there's 'arigatou' in there.

Last edited by truehappiness; 18th July 2016 at 08:17 AM.
Old 18th July 2016, 08:15 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Got row 41 today... well, at least I was lucky on Saturday lol
Old 18th July 2016, 09:18 AM
opening Run Initiate

Based on Twitter and Instagram photos there's no filming equipment installed in Osaka-Jo Hall now, so Finale isn't being filmed for DVD.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 18th July 2016, 10:56 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Not filming the Finale would be weird lol, do you think they filmed the DVD on the same day as the TV version?

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 18th July 2016, 11:26 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
^ Not filming the Finale would be weird lol, do you think they filmed the DVD on the same day as the TV version?
Yeah, I think so.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 18th July 2016, 01:08 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Wish they had filmed Osaka instead of Yoyogi. I don't know but I got "bored" of Yoyogi and Osaka looks way cooler and is also bigger. If it's because she can't use Yoyogi for the next four years, then she still has the CDL. But I think it's more because Gackt's guest perfomance. But am I the only one who thinks the comedians were too much and a bit annoying? I mean it would be much better with just Ayu and Gackt imo.

Old 18th July 2016, 01:12 PM
poker face Initiate

Had a crappy standing ticket (which in reality it just means you don't have a reserved seat, but poor European me was convinced to find an empty floor in front of the main stage with first come best served rule), but I got randomly upgraded by a security guy to a seat which was SUPER close to the stage. Wasn't in the main floor but it was first row next to the stage, and I could see her so close
This was my first Ayu concert and I'm totally mind blown. She's so energetic and magnetic and her vocals were awesome and I got moved to tears and exhausted for excessive jumping seriosly how powerful is this woman
Old 18th July 2016, 01:13 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

^Oh...glad to know that you got upgrade and amazing experience, have pictures to share?

About the Leslie picture - I love the BW pic...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 18th July 2016, 01:28 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
^Oh...glad to know that you got upgrade and amazing experience, have pictures to share?

About the Leslie picture - I love the BW pic...
Yes I do have some pics, I'll try to upload them from my laptop once I'm home
Old 18th July 2016, 03:47 PM
Love song H-Initiate

can't believe tour is over
time goes so fast

Spoiler:

I like this tradition!

Last edited by Aderianu; 19th July 2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 18th July 2016, 08:55 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

My vids of flower garden and summer love:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...k00eFpiYjAzc0k

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...EQ5RGFIOHBoMWc

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 18th July 2016, 08:59 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

So what's the word on the final setlist? Basically the same as initial show with one or two changes?

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, arena tour 2016, m(a)de in japan, made in japan