[Official Message] New Christmas Single 2013.12.25 In Stores - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd October 2013, 08:15 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I like how celebratory this sounds...

The music really carries through for this song. I could listen to just the inst and be perfectly content, which IMO means that it's a good EDM track. It's mostly about the music and how it makes you feel, not the words and singing.

It just sounds happy. No fake tears and singing about lost love and angst. I know Ayu fans have come to love that from her, but I'm so happy this song has some happiness in it.

Ayu has the best voice for remix-y songs, IMO. Even though this isn't a remix, they're using her voice as another sound within the song by altering it and such.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 23rd October 2013, 08:16 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Visual kei band and a girl group called REGINA. She may be in danger because of a bigger single's second week though.
I thought about that but I was kinda lazy to check all the releases for Dec. 18th. Will do that later, but from what I quickly saw seems that that are a lot of albums and not so many singles being released on that week.
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:16 AM
Because of You Initiate

has anyone posted this? it seems to be a short ver of Feel the love? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9pLmxmskSM
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:18 AM
MY STORY Initiate

IT'S REAL.

I just got the TeamAyu email about half an hour ago:

Spoiler:

TeamAyuのみなさん、こんにちは♪

★浜崎あゆみ、約3年ぶりとなるシングル「Feel the love / Merry-go-round」、Xmas発売決定! しかも世界初!DJ Hello Kittyが楽曲プロデュース!!

2010年9月リリースの『L』以来、約3年ぶりとなるニューシングル「Feel the love / Merry-go-round」が12月25日に発売決定!
4月にデビュー15周年を迎え、約22万人を動員する全国アリーナツアーを大好評のうちに終えるなど、まだ まだ進化し続けるayuが放つ会心の新作は、書き下ろし新曲2曲入り両A面シングルで、「Fe el the love」はなんと世界中に熱狂的なファンを持つハローキティがDJとして活動している“DJ Hello Kitty”による世界初となるサウンド・プロデュース作!
そのサウンドは、USを中心に全世界をロックしている“EDM(Electric Dance Music)”直系の世界標準サウンド。作曲は小室哲哉氏で、氏独特のキャッチーなメロディと見事な融合を 果たしたアップリフティング・チューン。

もう1曲は日本が世界に誇るプロデュース・ユニットm-floがサウンド・プロデュース!
☆Takuが創り上げたフロア志向、かつ、親しみやすいメロディで奏でられたトラックにVERBALのRa pも加わった、ayuの新たな魅力が引き出された極上トラック。
どちらも、名だたるUSトップ・アーティストのヒット曲を数多く手がけるエンジニア、Jayc en Joshuaがミックスし、NYの新進気鋭のエンジニアDave Kutchがマスタリングした、一切の妥協無しの本格サウンドとなっている。
DVDにはL.A.で撮影を敢行したミュージック・ビデオ2本を収録。

さらにオフィシャル・ファンクラブ“TeamAyu”会員限定盤はayu自身による楽曲インタビューが収録 されたスペシャル仕様!!

★ayumi hamasaki Youtube official channel
浜崎あゆみ / Feel the love (先行short ver.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9pLmxmskSM

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]

Last edited by Earth_maiden; 23rd October 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I like how celebratory this sounds...

The music really carries through for this song. I could listen to just the inst and be perfectly content, which IMO means that it's a good EDM track. It's mostly about the music and how it makes you feel, not the words and singing.

It just sounds happy. No fake tears and singing about lost love and angst. I know Ayu fans have come to love that from her, but I'm so happy this song has some happiness in it.

Ayu has the best voice for remix-y songs, IMO. Even though this isn't a remix, they're using her voice as another sound within the song by altering it and such.
Yeah, it really feels like concentrated joy. I can't wait to get the full version! This short version is going straight onto my iPod, haha.
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:22 AM
Because of You Initiate

man if the arangement wasn't the goddarn eurobeatEDM or whatever it is, it would have sounded so much better, cuz the melody is really nice and her vocals are pleasant... but the arangement is making me cringe...=/

Last edited by BlackSilence; 23rd October 2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:28 AM
Who... Initiate

This is so effing exciting, oh my god. A new Ayumi Hamasaki single. Just typing that got me giddy

I'm not against Ayu dabbling in EDM - one, because I don't think she'll abandon everything to overindulge in it, and two because when she has dabbled in it before with things like Sparkle she's still had plenty of her own personality/charm in it. It wasn't soulless dance music.

Feel the love is no different - it has distinct Ayu charm and wouldn't have sounded out of place coming out years ago in her discography. I love how soft and beautiful the verses sound and just how damn catchy the chorus is. Merry-go-round is really intriguing too.

I. am. excited. I just kind of wish she'd throw in a winter ballad as a B-side just to capitalize on the release date, but this is fine too
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:31 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko★munication View Post

I. am. excited. I just kind of wish she'd throw in a winter ballad as a B-side just to capitalize on the release date, but this is fine too
me too
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:31 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She actually could throw a B-side in, but typically, her double-As (which this is) do not have B-sides. glitter/fated did though!

Wonder what we'll get remixed! I hope some LOVE again tracks. BYE-BYE DARLING REMIX PLEASEEEE
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:34 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
She actually could throw a B-side in, but typically, her double-As (which this is) do not have B-sides. glitter/fated did though!

Wonder what we'll get remixed! I hope some LOVE again tracks. BYE-BYE DARLING REMIX PLEASEEEE
maybe another You & Me remix
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:40 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
maybe another You & Me remix
That song already had enough remixes, yanno?
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:42 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

^

i'm just being ironic lol but cuz of this single's vibe that'd be no surprise though it probably wont happen ^^
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:46 AM
Who... Initiate

I'd love something off of LOVE again being remixed, and it seems the most likely. SAKURA Orchestral/Music Box version, anyone?
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:47 AM
Who... Initiate

This song will probably have bunch of remixes coming up And yep already downloaded and into my music player, the song is starting to grow on me!! At first it sounded so lifeless and seems like she didn't put in any energy at all, but now, it sounds ... pleasant. I like it! I wonder how long the full version will be.
edit: ^ SAKURA music box probably is nice

Set by YuriChan

Old 23rd October 2013, 08:48 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

And finally after 3 years afraid of losing her streaks now she is back with new single... YAY...
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:49 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Does any of these announcements officialy state that there will be only two versions for this single? I don't even remember which was her last single to have less than three Probably Sunrise/Sunset...

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 23rd October 2013, 08:50 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Well technically there's three versions. A team Ayu limited cd+DVD.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 23rd October 2013, 08:52 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Does any of these announcements officialy state that there will be only two versions for this single? I don't even remember which was her last single to have less than three Probably Sunrise/Sunset...
There is the fanclub edition, which I assume that just about every TA member will get, haha.
Old 23rd October 2013, 08:52 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Oh, I missed this info then Do these fanclub versions count for Oricon charts? Cause well multiple versions and christmas could be an awesome pairing up lol

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 23rd October 2013, 08:55 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

^

that would be great!

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, feel the love, merry-go-round