[Translation] Latest TA post [19th May 2017] - Health and ear condition - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 20th May 2017, 02:12 PM
until that Day… Initiate

Thanks for sharing the official english message..
gosh this is so so sad..
please ayu...for once...listen to your fans.. we need you to rest for a while.. think more about your health.. T__T
Old 20th May 2017, 02:22 PM
Love song H-Initiate

official translation is shorter and doesn't mention everything that was in japanese text...
thanks, AyuGAME for posting this
Old 20th May 2017, 02:38 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
official translation is shorter and doesn't mention everything that was in japanese text...
thanks, AyuGAME for posting this
Thats what I thought, like she didnt mention about the pain in her knee that she couldnt explain and how she didnt tell her family and friends bout the surgery. I can understand though as english is not her mother tounge. We express better in our own language of course.

Yeah great that we got the ori translation from the Japanese message <3
Old 20th May 2017, 02:53 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I am in shock! I can't imagine how she must feel with all this weight weighing on her.

But I think the people should stop calling her stupid or anything, we, as fans, should show her our support no matter what decision she makes. I know that this won't heal her, but insults are of no help either! It's her life and no one, but she, can and will decide what to do until "the end".

Old 20th May 2017, 03:33 PM
Love song H-Initiate

her knee problems and hearing loss was already mentioned at the tour report here http://www.ayu2017tour.com/
It was posted some time ago but I didn't read it
Old 20th May 2017, 04:20 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I broke my arm in January and at 27 it feels like I'll forever be "less" than what I was, because I might not ever regain full mobility. I can't imagine at her point in her career and life having to deal with two very debilitating problems. She must be dealing with so much pain and frustration... she's so important to me and so many people, I do hope she can cope well and that she doesn't continue to strain herself...

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 20th May 2017, 04:29 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I broke my ankle few years ago and still have problems with walking sometimes, atm I have constant pain... if you broke something post-childhood it will never rly fully heal I have the feeling

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 20th May 2017, 04:32 PM
P.S II Initiate

I had left knee injury few years back and went for acupuncture for that, but my knee never 100% back to normal, and now I cannot jog or run for long.

It's sad to read the latest ayu's TA entry, and I'm still trying to "digest" the news.
Old 20th May 2017, 04:45 PM
SURREAL Initiate

^ You guys are right, an injury like that never heals completly... also the loss of hearing affects a lot your balance as Ayu mentioned and can cause vertigo, and she even went and sang up in the crane, it must have felt horrible
Old 20th May 2017, 05:03 PM
BEST Initiate

I'm nearly half deaf on my right ear since I'm 14, though i can still manage to hear around 50-60% with that ear... so i know exactly what she's talkin' about when mentioning the balance problem... i've got sometimes extreme problems with this too...

I'm so sad about these news!
I understand all the posts about she should take a rest and i feel the same way!
...but i can understand ayu as well...
She knows her time is limited - so she would like to enjoy as many moments as she can get...

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 20th May 2017, 05:24 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamalley View Post
After reading that I don't admire her or pity her at all.

She's being stubborn and destroying her body for nothing.

She's a multi-millionaire with a dedicated fanbase. She has no need to make big concerts or big tours one after another.

She could take a whole year off (or more) to rest and recover and no one would blame her and her fans would wait for her.

At the very least she should do concerts where she stays still. No dancing/jumping/running.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but Ayu is just being stupid. This isn't even her actual 20th anniversary. Her tour isn't that outstanding. She has no need to push herself this hard this year. It was stupid to book a 60-date tour with such health problems.
Yes, she is stubborn and it is probably better if she takes time off to rest. But I don't think her decision to continue on touring is stupid.

First, you may or may not believe her, but she says that performing/music is her entire life, not just a job only. She is lucky that she earns money with something she is passionate about. What is Ayu without music? It is her entire life!

And I feel her in a way. I work in creative industries as well, and her post made me think: what if I will get diagnozed with rheumatism.. or get an accident in which my hands or vision will be affected forever. Or worse.
What Ayu endures right now is a nightmare I cannot even imagine. But if it would happen to me, I would take every second to continue on doing what I love. No matter if it is not entirely healthy; I cannot imagine a life without art (for Ayu is this music, like she sings in Love song...

Try to imagine you have limited time to continue doing what you love doing most. Something that, if you are going to lose it, you have no idea what else you can do. You will live as if your talent is a bucketlist; you make the absolute most of it, to be sure you won't miss out on anything. Resting will not win time.
I won't blame her. I would totally do the same.

Old 20th May 2017, 05:44 PM
still alone Initiate

Although I'm heartbroken to read what ayu has been struggling with, I'm also trying my best not to be angry... Continuing to perform despite it causing further harm to her knee and undoubtedly to her hearing shows how stubborn she can be. I only want the best for her, but it sucks as a fan to have to choose between wanting to see her healthy or wanting to see her happy.

Nevertheless, whatever she chooses, I'll do my best to support her.
Old 20th May 2017, 06:05 PM
UNITE! Initiate

This is SO heartbreaking
I really hope she takes care of herself and does what she wants to do... But this tour might be a little too much, I mean... The biggest tour of her career with this condition... I just hope she's taking care of herself and putting her health in first place.
Old 20th May 2017, 06:05 PM
walking proud Initiate

This explains so much. This is why she seemed so "off" at CDL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeReSu View Post
I understand music is her life but I'm worried, considering the huge tour this year and probably next year... Maybe she's thinking about to stop after her 20th anniversary?
She needs a break, health is very important and she's only 40.
That's what's been hinted at in all the promos for the tour and now hearing all this, I think that might actually be the case.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 20th May 2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 20th May 2017, 06:11 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I'm so, so worried. I hope she takes care of herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It may be time to stop performing for a while. She can still make music but I don't know about these tours/shows anymore.
it's hard to think like that because it seems like she thinks about the tour before the album sometimes.
Old 20th May 2017, 06:13 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I think a multitude of different opinions, and how people will express their grief over Ayu's career ending sooner than what they believed it would, will emerge...particularly as time goes on.

I myself don't know how to receive it yet - on one hand, I feel Ayu's decision is very stubborn and potentially accelerates the issues she is experiencing, and on the other, I empathize and relate to her dilemma, this isn't a decision she would have taken lightly and thus her decision should be respected. This is her ultimate passion, and it's just so cruel that it also comes with such pain and struggle. I admire her greatly for pursuing her passion no matter what obstacle, but I also can't help but feel great hesitance - this is one of her senses, this won't only impact her passion, but all other facets of her life. I want her to continue singing, but I also hope that she takes care of herself, particularly given the serious tone of the post regarding her health issues.

There's a lot I wish to write, there's many feelings - some that could be described as insensitive, others that could be deemed more empathetic and understanding. Then again, much of it seems so unfounded - it's not as if Ayu has explicitly come out and said 'my hearing only has x amount of time left, this is my last tour, album, etc.' Reading back on what she has said about her hearing in the past, this revelation isn't exactly new? She's gone into more depth about it in this post than she has previously, but I think she's always been honest about the state of her hearing.

At the end of the day, all we can do is support Ayu! (and each other!)

Last edited by 280301; 20th May 2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:30 PM
Lelio Protector

That's really really sad...

That definitely makes want to make a better effort to go to shizuoka to see her this year.

Question is if the hearing problem in the right ear started completely only after the tour started, since if it started before I wonder if it would still be called Just the beginning.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:38 PM
July 1st Initiate

I'm just ...in complete shock right now. Such devastating news. I can't imagine what it must feel like for her, with all these physical challenges impeding what she considers to be her calling; what we all consider part of our lives.

I figure it would be very heartbreaking for her to consider stopping (or even pausing) her concerts and musical career in general, but I hope she realises that her life, health, and overall well-being take precedence over everything else. I don't want to even fathom what 50+ more dates due on this tour are going to do to her body. If this resumes, I'm afraid this would indeed be "Just the beginning", but of something sinisterly awful. I hope she comes to a sensible decision, and soon. I'd rather have no new music from her in a while than keep having some at the expense of her life.

You are the real deal, ayu, so please get it together.

My thanks to all the translators and sources of the original post.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:42 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I'm in tears right now. I really appreciate her strength to continue her life as a singer, but at the same time, I wonder if it wouldn't be better for her to retire in the near future. It really scares me that someday she might be forced to stop and might not be able to put her career to an end the way she desires... That's just tragic.
Old 20th May 2017, 08:10 PM
Who... Initiate

maybe this is the reason she decided to finally sing kanariya she sang about herself

Tags
team ayu, teamayu