ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2021-2022 A ~23rd Monster~ - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 13th January 2022, 07:42 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Really, I still enjoy Concert Tour 2000 and those are some awful ones. And as many people commented, I rarely watch it for her vocals ( i think most of J-Pop is the wrong place for that), but this CDL made me awfully aware of how much she missed - and with that I mean noticeably missed.

Of course, most of the show is fine or say her usually standards, but Ii feel she showcased new struggles here. I can't remember her having that much problems to hit a high note in a ballad as in secret. I will, as probably all fans, still continue to watch her concerts - but newer shows probably not as much as older ones.

That said, i love the Taiko drums (one of my fav. shows by her has them too) and I also really enjoyed the show, as it somehow did not feel as crowded as hose past few years.
Well, she's far better at hitting higher notes here than during Promised Land ou TROUBLE CDL, when she struggled a lot to do that during live broadcast (all ballads from TROUBLE CDL, snowy kiss and SAKURA from Promised Land). She's not stellar (far from that), but for me she improved a lot, it's at least stable. And I didn't mention POWER of A^3 because she was clearly sick there.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 15th January 2022, 01:36 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

She’s certainly not known for her vocals, but there’s still a scale of her best and worst performances, and this would definitely be towards the worst for vocal ability, imo.

But I feel like she’s overdone it for years. She really had no reason to tour for the past few years considering she had no new material aside from a couple songs. Imagine if she rested, regrouped, and came back super ready and prepared and inspired????? But all that time was spent singing pretty nonstop then giving birth twice then singing more like girl lol.

As a fan I appreciated it, but I also want her to be realistic…

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 15th January 2022, 09:12 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
She’s certainly not known for her vocals, but there’s still a scale of her best and worst performances, and this would definitely be towards the worst for vocal ability, imo.

But I feel like she’s overdone it for years. She really had no reason to tour for the past few years considering she had no new material aside from a couple songs. Imagine if she rested, regrouped, and came back super ready and prepared and inspired????? But all that time was spent singing pretty nonstop then giving birth twice then singing more like girl lol.

you're so right ! Tours are really awesome to watch, we all know that it is the stage where Ayu feels herself and at home but...
Wish she rested and came back with new songs too, and new theme for her shows. I miss the time when we have a new album and a new tour based on it. It was very exciting !
But I think Ayu fears to lost people if she was doing that, so she sings her old songs again and again...
Old 15th January 2022, 04:50 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Hmm... I couldn't bare through most of the show except for Secret. She really needs to dial down on this whole "cutesy" voice thing. It was fine up till 2016-17 when she royally f'd up her upper range. All she has left now is her lower-mid register and somehow she avoids it like a plague?

I watched TROUBLE tour finale and she sounded so, much, better there since she was actually using her lower chest voice...
Old 17th January 2022, 04:50 PM
ever free Initiate

For me, the vocals weren't necessarily 'bad', but I personally prefer her past voice which was more clear and less 'nigotteru'. (although this time I was glad to see her looking more happy and relaxed/comfortable than some recent performances - the worst thing for me is her seeming very self-conscious and uncomfortable in recent years, perhaps due to the media, perhaps due to injectables which can affect facial expressions). I don't blame her at all for her voice changing and it doesn't affect how much I love her as an artist and an inspiration - aging and having kids changes (in particular, deepens) one's voice, and nothing in life stays the same forever In general I prefer the CDL's that have a proper stage rather than a round one because there seems to be more interesting backdrops and choreographies, so I was really happy about that. It's nice to hear everyone's different opinions on it!
Old 19th January 2022, 11:03 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I think she sings to however makes her happy I think some of the lives too is from an overworked voice but that's not to say I don't get what people are saying But she has seemed to make an effort improving her voice for a few years now She actually made big improvements since her old vocalist left (think it was PECO) not saying that had anything to do with it but her live vocals did improve since then lol. She also seems to sing better too when shes well rested

Old 20th January 2022, 12:57 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:

Does one need a reason to tour? It's a job like any other? She earns money -> reason good enough to tour, plus it seems like she is enjoying it.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 20th January 2022, 03:24 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Does one need a reason to tour? It's a job like any other? She earns money -> reason good enough to tour, plus it seems like she is enjoying it.
Its the main way an artist can make money. They say if you really want to support your artist, go see them in tour because they get little now from how digital media works. The fact she can do tours years after year would be a better sign of her popularity then over cd sales as well

Old 20th January 2022, 05:14 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Yep. It's not very common for someone to tour as frequently as she does with as many dates each time as she does after a career this long. Several stars that were said to replace her in the industry over the years don't attract that kind of public anymore.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 21st January 2022, 04:46 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Sorry, I meant no other reason other than wanting to tour.

Most musicians only tour to support new material, or they’ll occasionally do a random tour/limited performance.

She’s toured nonstop for several years without anything major to promote.

Spoiler:

She can do whatever she wants, but the tours IMO don’t really have an identity anymore. They all sort of blend together for me. When the tours were focused more or less on one album, it gave that tour some sort of memorability or at least a reference point, as well as a real direction, which I personally find more impactful.

These are just my individual opinions. I’ve gone to every tour since 2009 so it’s not like I’m anti-tour, but I still think she’d benefit from a more focused tour concept.

I’m also far less excited now because I know it won’t be new material. It’s basically “how will she perform _____ this time?” each show lol. But again, these are just my personal… issues haha. It’s great if other people still enjoy each tour as much as the last.

I went off topic lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 21st January 2022 at 05:56 AM.
Old 21st January 2022, 08:40 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:

Most musicians only tour to support new material, or they’ll occasionally do a random tour/limited performance.

Spoiler:

She can do whatever she wants, but the tours IMO don’t really have an identity anymore. They all sort of blend together for me. When the tours were focused more or less on one album, it gave that tour some sort of memorability or at least a reference point, as well as a real direction, which I personally find more impactful.

These are just my individual opinions. I’ve gone to every tour since 2009 so it’s not like I’m anti-tour, but I still think she’d benefit from a more focused tour concept.

I’m also far less excited now because I know it won’t be new material. It’s basically “how will she perform _____ this time?” each show lol. But again, these are just my personal… issues haha. It’s great if other people still enjoy each tour as much as the last.

I went off topic lol.
I do agree that the tours are a blend and that indeed their individual identity is close to non-existing. I would say the first TROUBLE tour did have it in a way, but this has definitely been the case since just the beginning. I think she is going back on track as 23rd Monster seems to be more distinguishing.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 21st January 2022, 02:21 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:

Spoiler:

I went off topic lol.
You are right thought, her latest tour with a strong sense of identity was MIJ. In a way it does feel like she still is touring JTB with a new name for some years now.

Old 21st January 2022, 02:35 PM
Who... Initiate

Touring 20+ years non-stop is a really long time so I can understand how she comes with nothing new every year. My dream is to see her live but I'm kinda concerned would her tour these days actually fulfill my dreams since I've been her fan since 2008.

If you think about it, this is kinda what artists seems to go for when they are not releasing any new music. Think about residencies in Vegas. Britney performed 4 years + worldwide tour with 95% of the songs being old classics yet it was a smash hit! We are just use to treated too good by ayu in her career until 2016.
Old 21st January 2022, 06:09 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^It doesn't bother me all that much tbh. She did had some pretty interesting single date shows on the past few years, and it's just natural she's not releasing new music nor having new concepts after doing that yearly for so long.

Old 27th January 2022, 08:55 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Diana Ross kept touring for almost 15 years without releasing anything between 2000 and 2020, One could argue she is older and they would be right.
Old 31st January 2022, 09:09 AM
Love song H-Initiate

The logo for "ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR 〜24th Anniversary special @Pia Arena〜", a concert commemorating the 24th anniversary of her debut, to be held on April 6 (Wed), 2022 at Pia Arena MM in Kanagawa, Japan, has been decided!

As the title suggests, this show will be a special performance of the current Asia Tour with a special anniversary selection of songs.
New goods and ticket sales information using this logo will be announced later.

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1097455

Old 31st January 2022, 09:51 AM
Initiate

Logo is very nice, I just don't like this font !
Old 31st January 2022, 10:25 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I expect this classic ayu pattern to be repeated on all new goods
Old 31st January 2022, 12:50 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Looks little bit messy but I love the idea and it's really nice they tried something different from the usual "A" logo, that pattern is really iconic!
Old 31st January 2022, 02:45 PM
too late Initiate

Great Ariana Grande tour.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Tags
23rd monster, countdown live, countdown live 2021-2022