[Article] a-nation without Ayumi Hamasaki - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 21st May 2008, 11:06 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I don't think it's confirmed necessarily.. right?

That's right, it says "may not participate". So its still a chance that she will perform at a-nation.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:08 PM
Rule Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippon View Post
^ keep fooling yourself.
She has a point, the article is all speculations, nothing is confirmed. She probably won't participate, but I think that whole article is written based on the single fact that her name is not on the list, like it was posted here.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:23 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
Of course...the one year I'll be able to attend, she decides not to show. I'm wicked disappointed.
That really sucks, i'm sorry
Old 21st May 2008, 11:24 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I think it is great she is focusing on AT 08. she put a lot of time and not to mention money into this tour just for us, her fans!
Old 21st May 2008, 11:38 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neffiline View Post
At this point, I think it shows that Ayu is unique and special, and not just 'another Avex labelled artist'. (Dnd by that, I don't mean to offend anyone that is a fan of other Avex artists, that's just the way I see Avex handle things.)

I'm not that disappointed much. Yes, it's always nice to see that Ayu is usually the last artist to perform. However, I really haven't been into her a-nation performances lately. Ever since after 2005, I feel like they've dwindled downward. So, if she was going to do a performance this year, I would hope for it to be spectacular (especially considering it's her 10th anniversary).
Old 21st May 2008, 11:42 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Venus View Post

I'm not that disappointed much. Yes, it's always nice to see that Ayu is usually the last artist to perform. However, I really haven't been into her a-nation performances lately. Ever since after 2005, I feel like they've dwindled downward. So, if she was going to do a performance this year, I would hope for it to be spectacular (especially considering it's her 10th anniversary).
agreed
Old 21st May 2008, 11:46 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I'm also a little glad ticket sales are going worse than usual - it proves how even after ten years, Ayumi is a force to be reckoned with. Avex, take note: she can't be easily replaced (so don't bother throwing in Koda Kumi, Ai Otsuka, etc. - it's not the same).

It's disappointing to hear BoA won't be performing either. She needs a break though, so its fine.
Old 21st May 2008, 11:47 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

we still have about 1month to find out...is ayu gonna perform at AN08 or not??

Old 22nd May 2008, 12:15 AM
Initiate

I almost hope she's taking a break - she needs a rest if she's going to be doing another grueling tour not only in Japan but other Asian cities/countries (isn't she going to Korea this time?). It may not seem like much compared to the Japan tour but having to travel, prepare yourself for a show, and adapt to the new arena(s) isn't easy. Hell, going to a totally different country is hard enough regardless if you're there to perform or have fun D:

anyway, yeah... I'm sorry to anyone that's going this year who will miss out on Ayu

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 22nd May 2008, 12:19 AM
Initiate

I'm hoping she won't participate. She's always working her butt off, and people are like: oohh Ayu needs to rest, poor Ayu, etc. It's weird that now that there are evidences that she's not going to a-nation 08 to actually have time to work on AT08 people g: "WHERE'S AYU? OMG!"

pop music will never be low brow!

Old 22nd May 2008, 12:23 AM
Lelio Protector

I think that we shouldn't be naive and think that if the artists aren't attending somewhere it means they're taking a rest.

Obivously ayu will work on something else and won't rest (goes for BoA as well, last year BoA was in korea during a-nation and when she was back in Japan she worked on LOVE LETTER most likely).

A rest for artists is just a matter of few days or a week or two.
For the popular avex artists anyway, since they all release stuff in fast pace or performing/attending stuff.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:24 AM
Initiate

^ I guess it would be more appropriate to say a break from a-nation? D:

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 22nd May 2008, 01:38 AM
LIMIT Initiate

can't believe kumi isn't the closing act... TRF is fine with me though
Old 22nd May 2008, 01:43 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

sigh...so its positive that she won't be a suprise artist too? its really weird, A-nation without ayu is weird...
its funny that the article didn't mention koda name...looks like koda not popular at HK

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 22nd May 2008, 02:40 AM
Dolls Initiate

ayu sells the most a-nation goods compared to the other artists..so avex will make less profit this year if ayu doesn't attend.
Old 22nd May 2008, 02:40 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empry View Post
If I'm not mistaken, then most (or all) artists that perform at a-nation are manged by Avex Marketing, while Namie's mangement is Vision Factory and that's why she doesn't participate in the a-nations.
There are other artists that are primarily managed at other agencies like Rhythm Zone but they still perform. They also always have a few artists that are in no way affiliated with Avex at all. (artists basically on loan from other companies) When I went to A-Nation last year Remioromen played. So I've never believed that Namie being with different management was the reason for her not participating; I'm not sure what the reason is. But for sure she would be a suitable closer for them in their anniversary year because prior to Ayu's huge popularity, Avex's biggest star was definitely Namie.

But anyway, it seems from reading the article, that it is still speculation at this point that Ayumi won't be attending, but it is certainly looking that way.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 22nd May 2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old 22nd May 2008, 02:51 AM
SURREAL Initiate

in a sense this can still be a rumour, it's HK newspaper lol

Old 22nd May 2008, 02:51 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Looks like Ayu really takes out the a in 'a-nation'. It's rather disappointing yes, but at least she is going to be more focused on AT08.
Old 22nd May 2008, 03:34 AM
ever free Initiate

I sadly accept this news. I hope this is just rumor. It is like it is not A-nation. Becoz' I always believe that a-nation is ayumi nation^^.

Anyway, in other hand, it is good if Ayumi won't be participating in this year a-nation, she might get overwhelmed with her asia tour (10th anniversary tour). In addition, I would prefer that she is giving more focus on her new single rather than another boring a-nation. (IMO, A-nation with ayumi is already boring. No other artist can come close to Ayumi's charisma on the stage. Not even Otsuka Ai (Sorry Ai-chan). I don't know how a-nation would be without ayumi. it will be super boring)
Old 22nd May 2008, 03:35 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

i'm happy that TRF closes the show as opposed to any other avex artists (or is speculated too, that is.)

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."