Was Ayu ever bullied? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 3rd January 2013, 08:13 AM
from your letter Initiate

Question Was Ayu ever bullied?

Hi I remember reading or watching something about Ayu being bullied a long time ago before she was famous. I am doing a project for one of my classes about bullying and we have to find a celebrity who was once bullied. If Ayu was I would like to do it about her. So I would like to know if she has. Thanks. ^_^
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:51 AM
TO BE Initiate

I remember reading somewhere that she was extremely rebellious in high school. Being one of those people that would colour their hair, and wear high heels/short skirts to school. Which makes me think that Ayu was perhaps 'cool' in high school.

Who knows though, she could have been bullied in her primary/lower school years.
Old 3rd January 2013, 03:18 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuFan777 View Post
Hi I remember reading or watching something about Ayu being bullied a long time ago before she was famous. I am doing a project for one of my classes about bullying and we have to find a celebrity who was once bullied. If Ayu was I would like to do it about her. So I would like to know if she has. Thanks. ^_^
Well, she once mentioned that one of her teachers told her that she "would never be anything, why are you even trying?"
So I guess her teacher's weren't that supportive, at least once upon a time. She also mentioned being alone, skipping class, not having anyone to talk to. This info is from either Light and Shadows -documentary or the one before that.

But if you wanna mention a celebrity who was bullied, Winona Ryder is one. Her classmates once hit and kicked her to bruises in the school bathroom b/c of the ugly/cheap clothes she was wearing (her family didn't have enough money). But that's totally off topic
Old 3rd January 2013, 04:38 PM
Replace Initiate

Yeah no she was definitely an outcast... her mom got her a perm which made her look different, and her hair was naturally light so her mom would color it dark and it ended up looking off. The neighbors discouraged their kids from hanging out with her. It wasn't "bullying" in the sense that her peers were outright cruel to her, but she absolutely felt singled out as different and unwanted. And yes, teachers and authority figures would continuously tell her that she wasn't capable of doing well, which is why Max made such a difference in her life, cuz he said she could write well.
Old 3rd January 2013, 05:02 PM
rainy day Initiate

I wonder what it would be like to have known Ayu back then and what the reactions were as she went on to be the biggest thing in Japan.
Old 4th January 2013, 01:53 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Abe Natsumi from Morning Musume was bullied at school before entering the group. Also Kago Ai and Maki Goto (Both from Morning Musume) were bullied at the time they were popular members of Morning Musume.
Old 4th January 2013, 02:12 AM

Thanks everyone. I guess I should do it on somebody else? I remember reading or watching that a lot of the other children didn't really want to play with her, because she didnt have a father or something like that? I guess because it was still weird for a single parent to be raising a child alone? It was something like that. I think it was from that documentary Light and Shadows. I'm still not sure I haven't seen that documentary since I became an Ayu fan. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again! ^_^
Old 4th January 2013, 05:27 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think most of the material you're thinking about is on masa's site.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/morimasa/allnight.html
http://homepage2.nifty.com/morimasa/rockin.html

Her All Night Nippon interview in 1998 and the Rockin' On Japan interview from 2001.

Quote:
  (S) How were you in the kindergarten or the nursery school?
  (A) In the nursery school, I think I was a calm child, though I was conspicuous in appearances. I was quite fair-skinned somehow and my hair was not pure black. And my mother was such a woman that she applied a sauvage to my hair. Very conspicuous, brownish hair with a sauvage and fair skin. I was so conspicuous in appearances that I didn't want to attract people's attentions any more. You see? If I had cried, "Wow !" in such appearances, I would have attracted so much attentions. It was annoying for me to be watched as that, and I kept myself calm. I wasn't bullied by other children.
Perhaps another artist would be better suited for your project?

Last edited by truehappiness; 4th January 2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:58 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuFan777 View Post
GaGa was bullied. and she never shuts up about it.
Old 4th January 2013, 06:11 AM

^
Lol I don't really pay attention to her, but I do know I heard someone say she was bullied. I'm not really into her, so I'd like to do it about someone else. ^^;

@truehappiness Thanks. I will do another artist.

Thanks guys for helping me out! ^_^
Old 6th January 2013, 04:47 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post

just google "celebrities who were bullied" and you'll be golden.
Old 8th January 2013, 01:21 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post

That's so true! Lol that made my day!

The Beautiful Fighter. The Hunter.The Wolf.
BEAUTIFUL set made by Yoake

Old 8th January 2013, 04:34 AM
YOU Initiate

just try to write about Lady gaga