Colours covers! - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 16th June 2014, 02:34 PM
End of the World Initiate

I think they're a lot a lot better than Party Queen and LOVE again. I'm happy with them. I'm getting the CD edition so I'm pleased c: I think that's one of the best covers.

久しぶり〜

Old 16th June 2014, 02:38 PM
until that Day… Initiate

totally look so AYUMAZING!
ayu looks so sophisticated and elegant!
i'm wondering about the booklet pics!
Old 16th June 2014, 02:39 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by November4 View Post
I'm not spending money supporting something that had minimal effort and that is too ugly to display lol. On the other hand, I bought 5 copies of Love songs because I really wanted that beautiful alternative cover and kept getting the other one. =p I now have it on my shelf:
You have AL in your signature, so you should appreciate a good album cover. Madonna's done it for 30 years straight.
I always say that artists shouldn't do it halfass, like ok i give you great music but everything else it's gonna be a lackluster. If you do it right, do it till the end.

At least that's what i always say. And i only spend money (lets face it, you do slavery to live these days) on things that are actually 100% in full effort. So it's kinda the same for me if i don't like the music till very last song i won't buy the album,if i only like the cover i won't buy it. I need the whole pack. And so many artists know how to pull it off. You don't need huge funds just right people.
Old 16th June 2014, 02:45 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Oh, they are so great. So simple yet classy and flawless!!
Old 16th June 2014, 02:49 PM
from your letter Initiate

I'm not amazed by these covers, but they don't look bad in my opinion. Text placement could be much better, but otherwise fine, and definitely not the worst Ayu has ever done for covers.
While I do see the point that people are making about these covers not fitting with the album title, I see another side to these covers: these pictures, though they may seem quite plain, do in fact have millions (well, in HQ at least) of tiny different particles of colour, that all together form one image. In the end, even a closeup of Ayu's face would contain many, many different colours because few things are truly mono/duo/tri(etc.)chrome, most things are simply observed at too far of a distance for the variation in colour to be noticed.
Or at least that's my attempt at taking a deeper look into how the covers could tie in with the album name, it might not be the least bit close to the official explanation for the choice of covers at all, but it is the explanation I'm using.
Also, one thing that did bother me majorly about the covers, or should I say about one cover, is this;

Lazy editing???
Old 16th June 2014, 02:51 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-me View Post
Also, one thing that did bother me majorly about the covers, or should I say about one cover, is this;

Lazy editing???
LOL thats obviously the background....its just a blur from the lens...i dont see the need to photoshop it away..
Old 16th June 2014, 02:56 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Not bad. Fits the whole slick dance album idea she seems to be working with. Still buying CD only when my money tree starts growing!

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 16th June 2014, 02:56 PM
No way to say Initiate

I like the covers! At least she looks classy and there's no pink or rose colours!!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 16th June 2014, 02:57 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
LOL thats obviously the background....its just a blur from the lens...i dont see the need to photoshop it away..
What bothered me is how it only appears on this one cover, and how the rest of the background is so plainly white in contrast. It looks very unintentional, and very much like "I half-assed the background a little", which in the end gives me an impression of laziness and lack of professionalism so I personally think it should have been photoshopped away. But then again, I'm a perfectionist...
Old 16th June 2014, 03:04 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by November4 View Post
LMAO these are literally the worst covers she's ever had. Hahaha.
But this exists
Spoiler:

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 16th June 2014, 03:06 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Wow, that black spot on the one cover is super freaking annoying. My favorite photoshop fail is when they didn't photoshop the background from white -> black in between all of her hair for that one Secret cover/promo pic. lol-ing for daaaaays.

Pic under the cut:
Spoiler:

That is lazy as fuck and I am nhft. With how OCD she can be about certain things, it's truly a wonder to me that these make it past her approval stage.

Last edited by chocopockymaster; 16th June 2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 16th June 2014, 03:06 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

i love the shoot but definitely not the placement of the text. Only the cd only works fine for me. Most likely getting that version only
Old 16th June 2014, 03:22 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Am I the only one who is bothered by her hands? Like she's holding a wig which is not well fixed and she can't take her hands out of her head?

Besides this, nice covers, not her worst, not her best, but a relief among the PEACHED-FACE-KOSEE we were getting. I mean, it's still a kind of facial shooting, but at least there's a different hairstyle, her eyes don't look giant and artificial and the outfit is also interesting. I wonder if the booklet pics will each be filtered to different colours~

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 16th June 2014, 03:24 PM
Because of You Initiate

^^^lol i don't understand why they need to cut her out at all, just shoot the whole thing in front of the black backdrop xD seriously, Leslie must have been on a budget xD

regardless of the lack of concept and safe aproach you've gotta admit she's looking increadibly mature and beautiful. AND herself too.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 16th June 2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 16th June 2014, 03:31 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I think there's actually a background... a very very very light background. Especially on the CD/BR version you can see shadows in the back. (as opposed to just being blank white)

And the blackspot looks like it could be her own shadow, more than just a mistake. Granted, as it doesn't add anything to the cover they could have gotten rid of it, but if they just cropped a bigger picture (which contained the fully visible shadow) it could explain it, and it'd be more of an overlook than mistake.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 16th June 2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 16th June 2014, 03:39 PM
appears Initiate

I really love the covers. So classy.
Old 16th June 2014, 03:39 PM
BEST Initiate

nobody realized it's nearly the exact same position

I like them... they're classy and remember me to one of my favourite shoots from her (something at the beginning of 2007 promoting A BEST 2)
and i'm not sick about that strange font... just about aYUMI HaMASAKI CoLOURS - i don't see any sense for this...

the best 2 Cover for me:

(CD only & CD+Blu-ray+candle)

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 16th June 2014, 03:40 PM
No way to say Initiate

Alvin Goh made the photoshoot?

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 16th June 2014, 03:45 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
Alvin Goh made the photoshoot?
for sure

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 16th June 2014, 03:51 PM
Initiate

Quote: