[A] A COMPLETE sales prediction - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

View Poll Results: A COMPLETE will sell...
400-500k 31 18.79%
500-600k 17 10.30%
600-700k 41 24.85%
700-800k 35 21.21%
800-900k 14 8.48%
900k-1 million 6 3.64%
1 million + 21 12.73%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th August 2008, 10:01 AM
Real me Initiate

218 450 for sure!
Old 20th August 2008, 10:19 AM
Interlude Initiate

she will sell like a madwoman, but always when artists do some repackeging with old material, i hope it doesn't sell well, because i want them to release new stuff instead of old stuff.

if it was -really- a complete compilation, all b-sides included, then i would say "A complete" is a good idea.
Old 20th August 2008, 10:24 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyRoseM View Post
I think she should have skipped out on A BEST 2 and just waited to release this little gem. It would have sold much better then, I think. That being said, my money is on 600k-700k.
Ayu isn't the one releasing this, but AVEX, I really doubt she plans all of her compilation releases, this is just the way to keep her cd sales near 2 million/year. Selling 500k is far from a flop, Namie struggled for years to sell as much of her PLAY album, and it was considered a success, same goes for Ku's Secret, years back.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 20th August 2008, 02:20 PM
I am... Initiate

^The thing is ayu's standard for success is so much higher. Normally gold standard would already be a good accomplishment but ayu had that million selling factor which is almost gone now. I think anything under 500k would be considered a flop for her.

Lumix, 218 450??!
Old 20th August 2008, 03:07 PM
glitter Initiate

i have noo idea

i wish it could sell over a million

but i dont think so

the thing is not that attractive ...

i think it will sell over 600k
Old 20th August 2008, 04:01 PM
appears Initiate

400k-500k (even lower, i think about 300k)

I don't expect big sales...The thing isn't attractive and she probably won't promote this best of as much as A BEST 2 last year.
If A BEST 2 wasn't able to reach the million, this one will never reach it.
Old 20th August 2008, 05:22 PM
JEWEL Initiate

^ I thought the combined sales were over a million? Not to mention A BEST 2 -WHITE- 2DVD version is no longer being distributed... so it had to sell considerably high, ne?
Old 20th August 2008, 05:41 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
^ I thought the combined sales were over a million? Not to mention A BEST 2 -WHITE- 2DVD version is no longer being distributed... so it had to sell considerably high, ne?
For me, both A BEST 2 versions are totally different albums.

If you want my opinion, A BEST 2 sales were good because both albums managed to sell more than Secret. Though i've high doubt concerning this best album. It probably won't pass GUILTY's sales.
Old 20th August 2008, 05:45 PM
JEWEL Initiate

^ Oh I see, when I think of A BEST 2 I think of both versions together... I think if they were packaged together they wouldn't have sold as much so it was smart for Avex to sell them seperately. Cause when you look at the combined sales, it's HUGE... but when looking at them seperately it's modest (still huge compared to others though). This time they're selling all the discs together which makes sense. But because of that, I'm not sure if it'll sell better than one of the A BEST 2 could. Do you see what I mean?
Old 20th August 2008, 07:28 PM
appears Initiate

Yeah i see... but still, both discs are totally different

From my opinion, i don't think so.
Ayumi promoted extremely well A BEST 2 because she sang several old & popular songs in many TV show that make people buy the album.
A COMPLETE is not really useful & is even irritating imo because usually the tracks which missed are often the best one (GAME, is this LOVE?, alterna, fated...).

This best of is too much, kinda like Koda's BEST ~BOUNCE & LOVERS~ so i won't be surprised if sales are similar.
Old 20th August 2008, 08:32 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkifrit View Post
For me, both A BEST 2 versions are totally different albums.

If you want my opinion, A BEST 2 sales were good because both albums managed to sell more than Secret. Though i've high doubt concerning this best album. It probably won't pass GUILTY's sales.
A BEST 2 are different albums but they both were released on the same day and both sold over 700,000 which is amazing.

No other artist could pull that. The only reason they didn't sell a million it's because they were released on the same day and were divided to different concept compilations, let alone they were the most profitting project of avex trax last year. XD
Old 20th August 2008, 08:47 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkifrit View Post
Yeah i see... but still, both discs are totally different

From my opinion, i don't think so.
Ayumi promoted extremely well A BEST 2 because she sang several old & popular songs in many TV show that make people buy the album.
A COMPLETE is not really useful & is even irritating imo because usually the tracks which missed are often the best one (GAME, is this LOVE?, alterna, fated...).

This best of is too much, kinda like Koda's BEST ~BOUNCE & LOVERS~ so i won't be surprised if sales are similar.
Yeah but this track list also includes songs that were never on compilations, GAME, is this LOVE? etc. were already on A BEST 2. I think it would make it so much worse if they had a bunch of tracks that were already on A BEST 2 on this album because then people would have felt like they wasted all their money on 2 or won't even feel like paying for this compilation.

And you're right, promotion plays a huge part on the success of A COMPLETE, Ayu needs to visit record stores and offer to autograph for anyone who buys two copies LOL j/k

Out of curiousity, how well (or bad) did BEST ~BOUNCE & LOVERS~ do?
Old 20th August 2008, 08:57 PM
kanariya Protector

I don't think the timing is doing any favors for this compilation. Ayu has been busy with the tour & keeping a relatively low profile, there was not even a summer single.

and to me it seems this release is targeted for fans, I don't think the DVD content will be that interesting for a casual listener.

maybe they're aiming for China & other places were Ayu's presence is growing with this release?

I'd think the compilation will sell 300k-500k.
Old 20th August 2008, 09:09 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Out of curiousity, how well (or bad) did BEST ~BOUNCE & LOVERS~ do?
Only 295,624 copies. But I believe that the album had a limited number.

Girls' Generation is .

Old 20th August 2008, 10:02 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halla View Post

maybe they're aiming for China & other places were Ayu's presence is growing with this release?

I'd think the compilation will sell 300k-500k.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking! So I'm guessing 400K+ (hoping for 700K+) in Japan sales and a hell of a lot more in overseas sales! So we may never really know now well it truely sold if this is marketed to fans abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asongforXX View Post
Only 295,624 copies. But I believe that the album had a limited number.

Thanks for the info, that BEST album seemed kind of pointless if you ask me

Most if not all of Kumi's BEST albums seem very pointless. Except maybe the first one...
Old 20th August 2008, 10:32 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Thanks for the info, that BEST album seemed kind of pointless if you ask me

Most if not all of Kumi's BEST albums seem very pointless. Except maybe the first one...
The first one was alright. The 2nd one could have been a regular album, but they decided to call it a best-of. The album itself wasn't pointless, but calling it a best-of was definitely pointless. The 3rd one was just a huge mistake haha!

Girls' Generation is .

Old 20th August 2008, 11:12 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I wish the second one was just a regular album... I was quite annoyed with it D:

"This is the best of all of my singles in the past 12 or so weeks" xD; POINTLESS lol
Old 21st August 2008, 12:23 AM
immature Initiate

700-800
Old 21st August 2008, 02:31 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
^ Oh I see, when I think of A BEST 2 I think of both versions together... I think if they were packaged together they wouldn't have sold as much so it was smart for Avex to sell them seperately. Cause when you look at the combined sales, it's HUGE... but when looking at them seperately it's modest (still huge compared to others though). This time they're selling all the discs together which makes sense. But because of that, I'm not sure if it'll sell better than one of the A BEST 2 could. Do you see what I mean?
I felt for A Best 2 they had many redundant songs. Humming anyone?! Normally for best albums, they put all the single songs there. If they had combined certain songs from white with black (need not be single songs only), i feel it may have been a million seller because you had people who liked songs in black and others who liked songs in white. Anyway, i still have problems relating A Complete to both A BESTs because of the different concepts behind their releases. Maybe some of you should put behind you the irritating fact that BEST2 was released last year

Not just koda kumi but i'm really surprised with exile's sales as well. It's totally pawned by Best Fiction. And they are supposed to be at their peak or something. I really hope A Complete doesn't go that way.
Old 21st August 2008, 04:08 AM
JEWEL Initiate

^ Me too D: Good thing Namie came out earlier... but Avex doesn't usual put their artists in direct competition, right?