New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [VI] - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd March 2012, 01:09 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ isthisLOL? I thoroughly enjoyed your blog post! It's very insightful, thanks for the link

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 3rd March 2012, 01:25 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
I don't care about PVs too if they're going to be something like Love songs part 2! those were boooooooooring, just a big waste of money x.x
I though Love songs PV were nice and not boring. You can watch them for a story unlike crossroad when she just sits in a chair (its still a beautiful PV but nothing overly exciting) also I find Love songs PVs more filling than FIVE's PV's. Though I love BRILLANTE PV end. I hope Leslie doesnt get all guy happy again like he did with BRILLANTE with Party Queen. Though also with ayus twitter remarks recently about a cage and duty. Maybe someones using her again or maybe avex is putting there foot down more

Old 3rd March 2012, 01:27 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I wonder when the PVs will be out. Perhaps we'll get a CM first before any of the short versions come out? Love songs' came out a little over two weeks before the album was released.

Quote:
Though I love BRILLANTE PV end. I hope Leslie doesnt get all guy happy again like he did with BRILLANTE with Party Queen.
Leslie didn't do any PVs for Party Queen, it seems.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd March 2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 3rd March 2012, 01:33 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I wonder when the PVs will be out. Perhaps we'll get a CM first before any of the short versions come out? Love songs' came out a little over two weeks before the album was released.

Leslie didn't do any PVs for the album, it seems.
Wasn't he in the making of telling ayu what to do and what the guys meant?

Old 3rd March 2012, 01:35 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
Wasn't he in the making of telling ayu what to do and what the guys meant?
He did two on FIVE, but I was talking about Party Queen. Most of the PVs seem to be directed by Masashi Muto. We don't know about the one done in the Middle East though.
Old 3rd March 2012, 01:56 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
Thanks to everybody commenting on my blog entry. I was expecting people to either read past it or to start a shitstorm but I guessed wrong haha

About the PVs: I have no definite hopes. I can see why Love Songs may have had boring PVs for many people though, but for me personally they were stunning. However I look at them in somewhat a cinematographer's view, so I look for great image composition, concepts, cut...rather than the entertainment aspect.
Great blog entry, makes definite sense! I also really enjoyed the Love Songs pvs, especially the storyline ones
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:20 AM
rainy day Initiate

When I think MY STORY though, first thought is not "ballads" - it's "my name's WOMEN, GAME, About You, Moments, walking proud, Liar, HAPPY ENDING, winding road, Humming 7/4, HOPE or PAIN" probably in that order. My first thought is "EPIC" but I do love practically all the songs.
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:25 AM
End roll Initiate

\o/

no Leslie pvs, he made her really beautiful (safe ANother Song) boring pvs for Ayu
he needs more practice with film maybe since most of the pvs felt like extended photo-shoots
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:34 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuka View Post
\o/

no Leslie pvs, he made her really beautiful (safe ANother Song) boring pvs for Ayu
he needs more practice with film maybe since most of the pvs felt like extended photo-shoots
Leslie only did beloved and BRILLANTE. The guy who did progress, Why... and ANother song worked on the London PVs for Party Queen.

I don't think Leslie should do PVs since he does tend to simply make 'moving photoshoots' for his PVs. One day I think Ayu should try directing her own PVs and see how that works out for her.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd March 2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:43 AM
P.S II Initiate

^ oh cool! ayu should try that! since she always has lots of ideas and opinions.
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:47 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
ilovekodaa has the best avatar ever.
aww emi <3 lol
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:56 AM
End roll Initiate

oh I thought he made ANother Song PV XD

the only pv I loved from FIVE was progress and WHY, happy they are working with her again
Old 3rd March 2012, 03:39 AM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
When I think MY STORY though, first thought is not "ballads" - it's "my name's WOMEN, GAME, About You, Moments, walking proud, Liar, HAPPY ENDING, winding road, Humming 7/4, HOPE or PAIN" probably in that order. My first thought is "EPIC" but I do love practically all the songs.
totally!
Old 3rd March 2012, 05:03 AM
Trauma Initiate

you know what guys..

to be honest, i'm speechless on this covers..

BUT

i have a feeling we may be getting her best tracks yet..

I remember when (miss)understood covers release..
i was like WTF.. AYU look like a monkey..
but the tracks from the album are AMAZING!!! loving each of them

I do like FIVE covers a lot, well shot, She look fierce..
BUT NONE of the tracks impress me.

Old 3rd March 2012, 07:09 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
I don't care about PVs too if they're going to be something like Love songs part 2! those were boooooooooring, just a big waste of money x.x
I agree; I mean, I get the whole love story-themed album, but I don't think Last angel deserved that PV - I had imagined a darker Sparkle-like video for that sonofa******. I hope, if it's going to be continuation between the PVs, it'd be like Sexy little things - Microphone; Love song - Last angel look rather too similar with each other IMO.

My. I've rambled again. Mea culpa.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:26 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
I wrote an article on why exactly I like the cover and as a response to some of the arguments used against it on my new blog(ironically as my first post since I was really thinking about those covers a lot lately...) since I felt like I wasn't really able to express it right in here without offending people
http://boldlydelicious.wordpress.com...tans-real-mad/

Just a note: That post is not directed at everybody disliking the covers. I can understand and respect disliking them if you just genuinely think they don't look good.
Your blog post interprets what ayu wants to say very well. I think this is one of her best symbolic album covers since Secret (her tattoo).

Sadly, lots of fans here just look at the cover in shallow ways, and they base on what they see to judge and never think about the meaning behind the covers. Ironically, some people here even criticized her arm behind the table makes the cover photoshopped, a lot.

I believe lots of people here keep ignoring the real good posts like you here and keep complaining how BAD these album covers are.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Last edited by kotora; 3rd March 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 3rd March 2012, 07:28 AM
from your letter Initiate

do it again is one of her bests recent Pv & I think that Love songs have better Pvs than FIVE

Old 3rd March 2012, 08:08 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I tried to reduce noise.. if you think that they are over-photoshoped, this may be my fault %)

original post : ayumi-fan.tumblr.com

Old 3rd March 2012, 08:13 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Sorry Andrenekoi, gotta reply from the last thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I wonder what is the profund statement behind LOVEppears and MY STORY cover
I always saw LOVEppears as Ayu laying everything out on the table for us in a no-nonsense fashion. In a sense, she's "bare" and unprotected on the cover to show us what to expect.
With MY STORY, the title tells us that it's Ayu's story. She's inviting the audience into all aspects of her life, which is obvious when you see she's in a bedroom. I figured the viewer would imagine they're hanging out in her room like a stereotypical sleepover...Ayu's reminiscing all about her life to you

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 3rd March 2012, 08:34 AM
July 1st Initiate

Good job, Aderianu. Now that there's a somewhat larger version of the covers, I think I can see the 'sad Party Queen' ayu meant; her eyes aren't...smiling if you know what I mean. A really subtle kind of sadness.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab