[2002][tabloid] Ayu voted as worst artist in japan..so sad >.< - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 10th November 2002, 10:20 PM
Two of us Initiate

Ayurocks has already made most of the points I would want to make, but I agree that most people who are *really* into music associate pop music with crap (I am one of them), but Japan is different in that it has a lot of the pop artists are VERY talented, especially Ayu.

I am actually a fan of Gackt, and Dir en grey, and other j-rock bands such as Malice Mizer. But! I prefer Ayu to them all, and would happily say so to any J-rock fan.

Ultimately it is classic media tactics that should be expected:- Build an Artist up with loads of hype, then a few years later when they are at the top, but you are bored of them, knock them down, and rubbish them. The media always do it, and it just shows how fickle they are.....
Old 10th November 2002, 10:47 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

yea it may be true...but it still makes me feel angry since i'm an ayu fan!!!!!!!!

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 11th November 2002, 04:12 AM
Connected Initiate

as long as i know i like ayu then that's enough for me

Old 11th November 2002, 06:15 AM
Initiate

sheeesshhhh
this people dont even have the decency to think before opening their gaps.......
appledaily is just going for ratings as xluvayux said....
their "group" of voters could just be something concocted up by their "all to absorbed with getting sales" editor.....
appledaily editor dat approved this material should be

as for those ayu haters out there.....it is a frequent fenomena....
whenever there is a succesful artist who is able to top charts week after week there will be a group of pple unable to accept dat their fav artists are just not as good...... they obviously have thier mind so set in their hate dat they never stop to appreciate music dat is sung with emotion and character........ i dont feel angry at these pple but sad that they cannot appreciate a true artiste
Old 11th November 2002, 06:18 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

they should be thankful they don't have the show Pop Stars in Japan.

Old 11th November 2002, 06:20 AM
Initiate

Pop Star???
y???
wuts dat????
Old 11th November 2002, 06:58 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

hey my posts should be around 400.
wat ever happened to them since u moved sites?
isaac or someone else pls explain huh...
yeah i read the report sometime back,that newspaper aint reliable anywae.
take it easy.
Old 11th November 2002, 02:04 PM
girlish H-Initiate

You had to request for us to move your posts from ezboard. I fixed it.

It's hard to get over it when it's something that you reaelly care about. And yes, we know that she's reallly good, but when you have appledaily spewing junk at people that may not know better than that's going to create a lot of false beliefs about Ayu.

Ashley
Old 11th November 2002, 03:38 PM
Banned

This is all just a load of garbage and should be ignored. With all those singles and albums Ayu sold this year, I see no reason as to how she could be voted the worst....it's just nonsense to me...
Old 11th November 2002, 04:05 PM
Biscuitgirl

Anyone who bashes Ayu has obviously not listened to her or ever tried to appreciate her. That newspaper is probably just a tabloid anyway!
Old 11th November 2002, 04:07 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I agree with Omega Prime. She is too great of a singer to be the worst. I think appledaily is just slandering on ayu cause they got nothing on her.
Old 11th November 2002, 08:20 PM
girlish H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega Prime
This is all just a load of garbage and should be ignored. With all those singles and albums Ayu sold this year, I see no reason as to how she could be voted the worst....it's just nonsense to me...
It's not based on the number of things sold, and the vote wasn't in japan. The vote was in china and it's based on how horrible the media is to artists there. Read isaacs translation.

about ignoring "It's hard to get over it when it's something that you really care about. And yes, we know that she's reallly good, but when you have appledaily spewing junk at people that may not know better than that's going to create a lot of false beliefs about Ayu."

Ashley
Old 12th November 2002, 03:41 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

I'm shocked to hear people bashing ayu. I only started listening to her a few days ago. I was actually shocked with what I heard. I think the US is deprived of talented singers like her. As for Dir en Grey, I think they are horrible. I hope not all Jrock sounds like them. They sound like a Punk band attempting to do heavy metal, and just coming off like crap. I like ayu because I think it sounds great, even if I don't know what she's saying. I didn't think pop could ever sound good. The funny thing is I'm a guy, and I'm saying this. Well, I would also like to say Hi, this is my first post!
Old 12th November 2002, 03:43 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by AyuRocks
It's not based on the number of things sold, and the vote wasn't in japan. The vote was in china and it's based on how horrible the media is to artists there. Read isaacs translation.

about ignoring "It's hard to get over it when it's something that you really care about. And yes, we know that she's reallly good, but when you have appledaily spewing junk at people that may not know better than that's going to create a lot of false beliefs about Ayu."

Ashley
just to clarify things a bit..the magazine is a japanese magazine...but i doubt the credibility of appledaily which is a chinese newspaper keeps bashin ayu these days

Old 12th November 2002, 03:45 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

i'm so happy to see so many ayu fans here support her.....it actually gives me some courage 2 since at my school..i'm her only fan and that i know all these friends dat like bashin ayu...i'm very unhappy with that and very often i feel weak in defending ayu all by myself....u guys give me courage and strength in knowin that so many other ppl would stand up for ayu

Old 12th November 2002, 03:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by squarenuts
I'm shocked to hear people bashing ayu. I only started listening to her a few days ago. I was actually shocked with what I heard. I think the US is deprived of talented singers like her. As for Dir en Grey, I think they are horrible. I hope not all Jrock sounds like them. They sound like a Punk band attempting to do heavy metal, and just coming off like crap. I like ayu because I think it sounds great, even if I don't know what she's saying. I didn't think pop could ever sound good. The funny thing is I'm a guy, and I'm saying this. Well, I would also like to say Hi, this is my first post!

Hey squarenuts! Welcome to the forum! I've hardly heard anything by Dir en Grey, so I can't really comment on their style of music, but like most music seems to be nowadays, it's more geared towards the "western" style of music. Most artists in Japan are mimicking artists here in the US, and as much as I'd hope for them to be individual, that's just how it is. What's good about Ayu is that although she has some of that western appeal to her, she doesn't go around flaunting herself and sings what's important to her, not about the last guy she was with or how she wants to "do it" like so many US artists nowadays. So until the day Ayu and the rest of jpop becomes pure American "filth", then I'll still think of Ayu as #1, no matter what a tabloid may say.
Old 12th November 2002, 05:32 AM
Biscuitgirl

Bob Saget says: "When Ayu rules the world, as punishment, all Ayu bashers will be forced to watch Full House reruns until they keel over dead!"
Old 12th November 2002, 03:46 PM
Endless sorrow Guardian

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega Prime
Hey squarenuts! Welcome to the forum! I've hardly heard anything by Dir en Grey, so I can't really comment on their style of music, but like most music seems to be nowadays, it's more geared towards the "western" style of music. Most artists in Japan are mimicking artists here in the US, and as much as I'd hope for them to be individual, that's just how it is. What's good about Ayu is that although she has some of that western appeal to her, she doesn't go around flaunting herself and sings what's important to her, not about the last guy she was with or how she wants to "do it" like so many US artists nowadays. So until the day Ayu and the rest of jpop becomes pure American "filth", then I'll still think of Ayu as #1, no matter what a tabloid may say.
Also, unlike a lot of Jpop artists nowadays, I read somewhere that Ayu has no intentions of producing any song in English, feeling she can express herself better in Japanese. I would probably stop listening to Jpop, and music altogether if it became so western that all it talked about was sex, violence and drugs.
You're right aswell because Ayu has western appeal but all her songs have meaning and substance, something which would take a lot of searching to find in the american and uk music industries.

Photobucket
Thanks a lot to xLitax for the great set ^^
I retract my previous statement... Pommy's awesome!
Bulmasman @ AHSforum.com
Old 12th November 2002, 04:29 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by mimika
i'm so happy to see so many ayu fans here support her.....it actually gives me some courage 2 since at my school..i'm her only fan and that i know all these friends dat like bashin ayu...i'm very unhappy with that and very often i feel weak in defending ayu all by myself....u guys give me courage and strength in knowin that so many other ppl would stand up for ayu
GO MIMIKA!!!!
U CAN DO IT!!!!
DO IT BECUZ U KNOW ITS RIGHT!!!!
Old 12th November 2002, 09:28 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I'd like to say that I try to ignore the bashing of my favorite
singers, but I tend to defend them alot. Some of you
know me for my infamous defense towards Morning Musume.
I try to point out to people here that the perception of JPop
in North America is inaccurate, and that they should *learn*
more about it before bashing.

Insulting or bashing any singer or group is bad because they
are (usually) pouring their 'everything' into their work.