Copy Songs - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd March 2011, 06:08 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Copy Songs

Quote:
I'll just state before I get into anything that I'm not hating or bashing on ayu. Whatever you see in the following videos is just to kind of grab the attention of people to watch them. I'll say myself that I like ayu's songs more than the ones they're compared to.
Have you ever heard an ayu song and thought. "Wow...this song sounds a lot like that one song...." Well I took her songs, and the ones people say they sound similar too and made a comparison video for each one. You'll see a lot of question marks in the dates for the non-ayu songs because, believe it or not, I had a hard time finding release dates for half of this stuff. If anyone knows the dates though please say what they are.

Unfortunately this forum doesn't have embedding for anything besides youtube, and these are on vimeo, so please click on the links, watch them fully, and comment. (You can ignore the intro and outro. They're the same for every video and are pretty stupid. I just wanted to make the videos look interesting.) I'm not saying that Ayumi copied anyone. That is up to your own opinion. Enjoy.

First video:
"Beyond Hope" from the Grenado Espada soundtrack vs. "tasking" by Ayumi Hamasaki

Second Video:
"Children (Dream Version)" by Robert Miles vs. "poker face (Spiritual Guidance Mix)" by Ayumi Hamasaki

Third Video:
"Crucified" by Army of Lovers vs. "Pride" by Ayumi Hamasaki

Fourth Video:
"Don't Tell Me" by Hoobastank vs. "taskinst" by Ayumi Hamasaki

Fifth Video:
"Leave You Far Behind" by Lunatic Calm vs. "FRIEND II (MAKE MY MAD MIX)" by Ayumi Hamasaki

Sixth Video:
"Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2 vs. "Endless sorrow ~gone with the wind ver.~" by Ayumi Hamasaki

Last edited by Picaflor 7/4; 3rd March 2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:16 PM
poker face Initiate

Crucified by Army of Lovers came out in 1991, Sweetbox did a Pride demo in early 2005 and Ayu did Pride in 2006.
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:39 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
OK, I personally think that the remixes are out of Ayu's hands. She doesn't really control the aspects of the remixing, she pretty much just approves them. But all I have to say about that is of course they are going to sample from something...they are remixes after all.
Second, about Pride...that's not Ayu's song in the first place so technically, wouldn't it be Sweetbox that copied Crucified? haha
About tasking and taskinst...yea, I don't know. I think tasuku may have copied them, or maybe he actually came up with those beats himself. No one really knows for sure except tasuku.
As for Endless sorrow ~gone with the wind ver.~, I think that one is a stretch. I don't think it sounds anything like U2's Where the Streets Have No Name.
These are really good comparisons though. It actually makes me want to listen to some of those original songs now.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:08 PM
Curtain call Initiate

For some reason I always love stuff like this

Are you going to make anymore?
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:02 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

While I think the guitar part in "Endless sorrow ~gone with the wind ver.~" can be described as being in a style popularized by U2, saying the song is a copy of "Where the Streets Have No Name" (or any other U2 song that I've heard) sounds like reaching to me. The other examples are much more explicit.

As much as I love "Pride," I will forever side-eye Sweetbox for that one. I keep hoping that Avex bought the rights to the song; I mean, "Pride" is available for purchase internationally now, and I find it hard to believe that no one would take legal action against an entertainer as big as Ayu. But would Avex really go forward with it without any credit? (then again, I rarely look at my booklets lol)
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:33 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I will forever side-eye Sweetbox for Pride too lol

And tasuku too for his songs, cause...yeah.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 3rd March 2011, 09:25 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
I will forever side-eye Sweetbox for Pride too lol

And tasuku too for his songs, cause...yeah.
I believe she did Bold & Delicious + Ladies Night as well.

Old 3rd March 2011, 09:50 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

I'm really confused about Ayumi's tasking, because its been used in at least THREE places. It's also glaringly obvious in Hande Yener's song "Hayrola?" which was released in 2009.

It makes me wonder if there is some place where artists can go buy soundclips to use or something. I just can't think that in 3 separate cases the same tune was used coincidentally, or that 2 out of 3 of these artists blatantly ripped the tune off from someone else. Thats why I think that all 3 artists must have gotten it from another source.

I'd guess the same for the Hoobastank song and taskinst. I really think that Tasuku must be using some sort of generic music clip bank kind of thing. I actually wonder if the same applies for those remixes too. Leave You Far Behind and the FRIEND II remix do sound very similar as well, but I highly doubt that the remixer took it from the other song. I'm really thinking that all these similarities come from a third source where both the Ayu song and the other song are sampled from.

As for Pride, that one has always bothered me because it sounds SO similar. I agree though, if its anyone fault on this case, its Geo of Sweetbox since he's the "composer." of the song. Its hard to believe though that he would have lifted from such an obscure song from 1991. o_0 And maybe he didn't, I won't accuse anyone.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 3rd March 2011, 09:57 PM
Because of You Initiate

Pride... HOlly! and I remember thinking that the melody sounds familiar xD
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:01 PM
GREEN Initiate

cant you sample without legal action being takin against you? that might explain some of it away.

And something like this happened in the 1990's I don't know how it is in other copy right countries but can't you copy up to six notes or something and its not stealing??

i cant remember the song... but its was Queen's "under pressure" and that white rapper dude.. "ice Ice baby.. or something.. WHATS HIS NAME!!
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:05 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

^Vannilla Ice.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 3rd March 2011, 10:07 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ Yes.. but do you know what im talking about.. Queen was taking legal action, or somebody was and the courts said that because of that one note they couldnt do anything... Or am I totally off?
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:27 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsixthirty View Post
I'm really confused about Ayumi's tasking, because its been used in at least THREE places. It's also glaringly obvious in Hande Yener's song "Hayrola?" which was released in 2009.
The intro to that video made me laugh so bad
Old 4th March 2011, 12:16 AM
Far away Initiate

^ HAHAHAH me too!

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 4th March 2011, 01:48 AM
Dolls Initiate

^ lol it looks like a bad acid trip!
Old 4th March 2011, 02:39 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Don't DJs sample songs all the time for remixes...? I mean that's what most of these are, that or interludes which have little to do with Ayu at all. And a composition from another artist which Ayu got permission to use. So if Pride was plagiarized that's all on SWEETBOX, no?
Old 4th March 2011, 02:59 AM
GREEN Initiate

^^
Old 4th March 2011, 03:02 AM
Secret Initiate

These are interesting. Are you gonna do more?

And finally, I found that Hoobastank song tasku ~ripped-off~ from.
Old 4th March 2011, 04:04 AM
forgiveness Initiate

I enjoy making these but I don't know what else to compare. haha Some other songs sound kind of similar, but I think these are the major similar ones.

As for the endless sorrow one. I personally don't think it really sounds similar at all to the U2 one, but since everyone else said they sound similar, I thought I might as well should have made a video for it.
Old 4th March 2011, 04:15 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I agree, it really doesn't sound like the U2 one to me either.