Ayumi's Family - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 28th July 2005, 05:35 AM
SCAR Initiate

lol, ironic how she didn't pay attention in class much, didn't like being forced do things much, and now she's a role model! O_O Yeah

Oh, and please, america would never give an asian a chance on tv, we can't say Utada hasn't been on tv because she didn't promote her album at all, she just thought she had a huge fanbase that would buy her cds. To me, America as a whole looks at an asian and says "jladfjslkdjfsldj" like they know something...so the whole VH1 thing...not gonna happen...

BUT a whole MTV Japan thing could happen
Someone would surely be willing to sub it for us folks without japanese ears...

YOU ARE FUNNY
Old 28th July 2005, 05:43 AM
walking proud Initiate

Yeah, I've thought about how interesting it would be to have an Ayumi: Behind the Music type of thing. Of course it'll never happen in the US. And even in Japan, I don't know if it ever would, because she isn't very open about her childhood. There was the NTV Documentary where they go into it a little bit, but they still really skirted around the subject - the documentary makers even said that they were asked not to use pictures of her childhood.
Old 28th July 2005, 10:30 AM
Initiate

Ye-a, she went away from school becuase of the model carieer. As I can remember, she wrote "A Song for XX" for her mom and "Wishing" for her friend (don't remember her name). And Ayu was always haning aroud near "Shibuya 109" club. She doesn't remember her father at all, `cause as she said in the one interview. she haven't ever asked her mom about him, and there were no photoalbums at home, at all.

Last edited by RAISKA; 28th July 2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 28th July 2005, 11:09 AM
Over Initiate

I think they should do a show on Ayu's life like VH1's "Driven." It would make for a killer episode. ^^
Old 28th July 2005, 11:10 AM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
Yeah, I've thought about how interesting it would be to have an Ayumi: Behind the Music type of thing. Of course it'll never happen in the US. And even in Japan, I don't know if it ever would, because she isn't very open about her childhood. There was the NTV Documentary where they go into it a little bit, but they still really skirted around the subject - the documentary makers even said that they were asked not to use pictures of her childhood.
I guess that's expected...she's probably really private about her past.
Old 28th July 2005, 02:48 PM
YOU Initiate

don't you think it's ironic (help me find the right term) since there were no photo albums at all at her home and now she's become the most photographed woman in Japan (i think)?

Last edited by poyaya; 28th July 2005 at 02:54 PM.
Old 28th July 2005, 03:05 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
Ayu's life is soo interesting! i wish Ayu releases a book about her life! it would be my fav book
Old 28th July 2005, 03:25 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Ayu doesn't even know if he's dad is dead or not...

Girls' Generation is .

Old 28th July 2005, 03:35 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by asongforXX
Ayu doesn't even know if he's dad is dead or not...
How do we know that? The last time she said that was a few years ago...

This whole thing about ayu and keeping her past and such private is one of the things I admire about her :3. She's not at all like American artists who broadcast their lives on national television and magazines, so people know everything they've ever done and more! Don't even get me started on reality shows all about them...Ayu is probably one of the only famous people that respects herself enough to not do that degrading thing.
Old 28th July 2005, 09:06 PM
SCAR Initiate

Actually, I think it's better to not know about her family, because we know the Ayumi of singing, and we shouldn't know about her life...and plus, I barely knew anything about her relationship with (some name here) I forgot his name, lol. Yeah, well...she hasn't sold her soul to the public

YOU ARE FUNNY
Old 28th July 2005, 09:28 PM
P.S II Initiate

my god, now that you guys are telling what happened in her past, these translations make me wanna cry.
Old 29th July 2005, 02:17 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Yeah... me too... I feel really sad for Ayu... I hope that she had a good life growing up at least... ^^;;;; I hope she wasn't too lonely, with her father away, and her mother going out all the time... what an irresponsible mother.... you think maybe Ayu was a mistake? ^^;;;; haha... I was.... ^^;; I hope that she is okay now... ^^ We always see her so happy.... but? Kind of depressing to think about ^^;; I suppose she should be fine, seeing how she was raised by her grandmother... ^^
Old 29th July 2005, 08:41 AM
walking proud Initiate

Yeah, she had a very lonely childhood. I read that many kids were told not to play with her because she came from a bad family. Back then, for a child to grow up without both parents in Japan, they were sort of singled out from the other kids.

Her childhood is a double edged sword though. Yes, it's sad that she wasn't happy growing up. However, had she not gone through those struggles, she wouldn't be able to write the songs that she writes today.
Old 29th July 2005, 09:44 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by norain
lol, ironic how she didn't pay attention in class much, didn't like being forced do things much, and now she's a role model! O_O Yeah

Oh, and please, america would never give an asian a chance on tv, we can't say Utada hasn't been on tv because she didn't promote her album at all, she just thought she had a huge fanbase that would buy her cds. To me, America as a whole looks at an asian and says "jladfjslkdjfsldj" like they know something...so the whole VH1 thing...not gonna happen...

BUT a whole MTV Japan thing could happen
Someone would surely be willing to sub it for us folks without japanese ears...

that's what I meant, Behind the music was just an example

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 5th August 2005, 10:34 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by norain
Yeah, well...she hasn't sold her soul to the public
And she says 'I'm a product' in the TIME interview. She knows what's going on around her and she's not blinded by fame. I was very very impressed by her when I read that.
Old 5th August 2005, 10:38 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^agreeing with you happii really respect her that she have that kind of strength ^^

Born By The Sword, Die By The Sword
The Fear For Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

~Yours Sincerely MortalSex
Old 6th August 2005, 08:15 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
As I can remember, she wrote "A Song for XX" for her mom and "Wishing" for her friend (don't remember her name)
Natsuki, if i'm not mistaken- i read it in masa's GREAT article
this whole thing makes me sad, especially when reading the lyric-translations...
Old 7th August 2005, 04:25 AM
Replace Initiate

At CDL 2003-2004 when she sang teddy bear & Memorial address (maybe it IS about her dad dying, because those two songs back-to-back with the only change being her position on the stage... would make sense, both songs about both times he left her).... omg, i was a mess crying watching that. It was just so incredibly sad. (any live performance of teddy bear is gonna make me cry)