[Britney Spears] The 5th Thread - 'Britney Jean' Era - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 4th August 2016, 06:04 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Work it
Work it
Boy watch me work it
Slide down my pole watch me spin it and twerk it♪

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 5th August 2016, 06:51 AM
rainy day Initiate

Private Show is just terrible. She sounds horrible in it, and the song really isn't my type of thing either.
Old 5th August 2016, 02:01 PM
Secret Initiate

I didn't really like that track with G-Eazy but anything is better than that awful Pretty Girls.
Old 5th August 2016, 04:06 PM
Daybreak Guardian

That cover art is extremely boring, which is a shame because Britney has been looking better than ever recently! I'm excited about this album, I think that's a good time for her

There's a tracklist going around, it's rumoured but apparently, some of the songs were actually registered a while ago by Britney's team:

1. Invitation
2. Make Me (feat. G-Eazy)
3. Private Show
4. Clumsy
5. Walk of Fame (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
6. Just Luv Me (feat. Cashmere Cat)
7. Liar
8. Trick or Treat (feat. Missy Elliott)
9. Take Control
10. Glory
11. Accelerate
12. Man On the Moon

I'm going to be so happy if 1) Pretty Girls is out of the album for sure and 2) if there's really a collaboration with Missy Elliot
Old 5th August 2016, 04:34 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

She posted a video on insta these days about Missy Eliot, didnt she? Queen of marketing omg

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 5th August 2016, 04:50 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

But seriously where's the video for Make me.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 5th August 2016, 06:27 PM
End of the World Initiate

Maybe it will be out today but at night in USA
Old 5th August 2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
But seriously where's the video for Make me.
Here: http://www.vevo.com/watch/USRV81600351

But it's boring and uninspired.

It would be so so so great if there was a collab with Missy Elliott!
Old 5th August 2016, 11:35 PM
End of the World Initiate

Explicit leaked version is better xD

Britney Spears - Make Me (Ooh): http://youtu.be/OIpyoqE-OPI
Old 6th August 2016, 02:45 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I'm frankly disappointed and angry with her decision to pull out the original video and reshoot it to make a dull video. She's aparently ashamed to be too sexy because of her children.
But she's Britney, she's been selling her image of sexy girl and honestly, she's unable to do anything else but to dance and to make sexy songs and videos. At the end we get a boring video of a casting with she and her friends acting like virgin teenagers. Not impressed at all.
Old 6th August 2016, 04:18 AM
Daybreak Guardian

The video is extremely boring and I don't like the song that much either. I mean, it's not bad but that's not what I expect from Britney. Also, I don't get why she needed to add tons of shirtless models for no reason as if she needed something to make people watch it until the end...

However, let's face it: her hair, face, and body look flawless. I seriously think she looks better right now than she ever looked. She seems happy.
Old 6th August 2016, 05:37 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

What a snooze!

Skipped most of it!

That unreleased version best be released. She's truly missing an opportunity.

Like...Hillary released the non-Tindr version of her song and it was so much better. Maybe the commercial tie ins required it...? Ugh I'm so annoyed.

Old 6th August 2016, 11:32 AM

I think it's extremly disrespectful to say all Britney is capable of is to be a sexualized object. Believe it or not, but I'm listening to her because of her music. I absolutely adore her voice and furthermore I alsways loved that she makes songs lyrical wise like Stronger, What You See Is What you Get, Lonely, My Prerogative, Piece of Me etc.
Britney stated time and time again that she actually never wanted to make sexy dance music but wanted to become a true artist but wasn't allowed to. She only got her record deal under those conditions. She also stated a few times now that she doesn't enjoy making those overly sexualised videos anymore and wasn't really ok with Work Bitch either. I guess this time she simply was able to get her way last minute.
And lets be real: the original video also wouldn't be anything creative or worth watching more than once and nothing we wouldn't have seen before. I honestly don't care which version we got and if Brit feels more comfortable with this one, great. The only Britney video that comes to my mind which was really cool from a creative point of view would be Hold It Against Me.
Old 6th August 2016, 07:49 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

It's really just as sexual. She's auditioning men for...sex, basically.

You know, guys that will make her "ohhh."

Unless I missed something. Considering i skipped over a lot lol.

It's just, in my eyes, uninteresting. Choreography takes a lot of effort and creativity. And I think it's a shame that (at least right now) that original video isn't released.

But to each their own.

Old 6th August 2016, 09:15 PM
still alone Initiate

I'm also unimpressed with the video, but honestly mediocre music videos are a dime a dozen. I think very few videos in today's day and age are extremely innovative and deserve a second look. Not gonna hold it against her (pun intended).

The song itself is good. I feel like it might grow on me more when I hear it in context with the full album. This kind of mid-tempo song is different for Britney, I think, and I like what "Glory" could potentially bring to the table. I've heard "Private Show" once and I liked what I heard. "Make Me" is literally better than everything on "Britney Jean" for me (minus "Work Bitch"). Looking forward to what's to come!
Old 6th August 2016, 10:13 PM
Initiate

She's being sexualized as well in this video, but it's boring as hell. The problem is not the reshoot, or just don't giving a f*** about the original concept. If you put yourself there to delivery something, you need to deliver. This video commited the worst crime in show business: being boring.

We all know she's capable of giving us something interesting, but where is it? Is it with the original Perfume video where she wasn't sexy at all, and was doing some acting? They clearly don't give af.

Her audience is basicly by gay males, and no one cares to see her ass. It doesn't matter if she's covered or if she's butt naked. We just want to see she being fierce and into something, and thats what the "original" video was giving to us. And she wasn't even being sexualized by most parts of the original video, it was the other way around where she was sexualizing all the male dancers.

It's obvious that they were trying to get some views just like the Work from home from 5H, with sexy men all over the video, but it's not entertaining.

I'm just hoping the album is good at this point, I don't care for the rest, this is all a mess.

Just to people understand why the hate: this is the third time they are doing something like this, and her fans are getting vocal about it, and I think they should.

Last edited by kaled kalil; 6th August 2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 9th August 2016, 07:06 AM

Clumsy will ve released in a few hours:
http://popcrush.com/britney-spears-c...m-song-review/
Old 9th August 2016, 10:22 AM
Dolls Initiate

I really like the direction she's heading on, can't wait to hear Clumsy. Just imagine if "Glory" turns out to be as good as In the zone or Circus.
Old 9th August 2016, 01:35 PM
fairyland Initiate

how much I love Britney her new song Private Show is pretty boring to me... I can listning to the half of the song until I change to another of her songs

|| Switch FC: SW-6768-6471-0697||

Old 9th August 2016, 02:48 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I love Britney from the bottom of my heart (lol) but I can't with these same as everything songs. I only listen to the new songs cuz it's catchy af. But I'm surprised with how stunning she's looking! Slaying it!

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07

Tags
britney jean, britney spears, charts, pop