Life imitates art: Lana del Rey's 3rd Thread - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 10th September 2019, 09:28 AM
P.S II Initiate

Ariana Grande, Lana Del Rey, and Miley Cyrus’s Charlie’s Angels song is out this week

Quote:
“Don’t Call Me Angel” will be released on September 13.

The new Charlie's Angels reboot is out November 15. but the most highly-anticipated song from the movie's soundtrack is dropping this week. "Don't Call Me Angel," a track from Ariana Grande, Lana Del Rey, and Miley Cyrus, drops September 13. Cyrus announced the release date today on her Twitter account.
https://www.thefader.com/2019/09/09/...-out-this-week

Last edited by aliceshields; 11th September 2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11th September 2019, 09:05 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Can't wait! The song sounds so cool, plus I really love Ariana Grande. I bet I am gonna like Miley Cyrus too after the collab. It's amazing! And they look so Victoria Secret in their black wings. Loving it. LOVING IT!

However, I am seeing so much angelic imagery in videos. For example, Billie Eilish did something likewise in all the good girls go to hell I know it is not an original theme, but... I noticed it somehow haha.

Oh, btw about Ariana Grande. So Lana is hitting a few radio stations to sing live and on one of them she covered break up with your girlfriend, I'm bored. I really like it and can't wait to hear their voices together in the Charlie Angels collab

Spoiler:
PS. In spoiler because it ain't Lana related. But Miley Cyrus also once covered Ariana's no tears left to cry. Hearing Miley and Lana doing Ariana collabs makes me so excited for Don't Call Me Angel. I am so curious how they blend in. Good news: both covers sound really well done

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 11th September 2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12th September 2019, 06:41 AM
P.S II Initiate

One more day to the “Don’t Call Me Angel” 😇

^ I like Lana’s phone cover, very Cherry 🍒
Old 13th September 2019, 09:36 AM
P.S II Initiate

Don’t Call Me Angel

Old 13th September 2019, 11:12 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

It's more like Don't Call Me Angel by Ariana Grande featuring Miley Cyrus featuring Lana Del Rey haha

I like it, it's pretty good. I had expected their voices would blend more together.
First time listen I found it quite messy, Lana's part coming out of nowhere. But I have listened to it 3 times now, and it is going straight to my dance playlist. Also, can we appreciate Miley Cyrus for a moment? Her part in the beginning was so strong.

Btw, what's up with the random duelists at 2:13 in the video?

Old 13th September 2019, 12:07 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
It's more like Don't Call Me Angel by Ariana Grande featuring Miley Cyrus featuring Lana Del Rey haha

I like it, it's pretty good. I had expected their voices would blend more together.
First time listen I found it quite messy, Lana's part coming out of nowhere. But I have listened to it 3 times now, and it is going straight to my dance playlist. Also, can we appreciate Miley Cyrus for a moment? Her part in the beginning was so strong.

Btw, what's up with the random duelists at 2:13 in the video?
(The bold section) Quite true 😆

I don’t know but I can’t bring myself to liking the song as a whole yet 🙈

The random duellists = “We are in it together...” 😆
Old 13th September 2019, 08:00 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Exactly

I didn't like it that much, I actually found it to be quite messy. They exaggerated Lana's style during her part so much that it almost sounds like a parody of her.

They all look gorgeous, though.
Old 13th September 2019, 08:47 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I liked it a lot I love Miley and Lana, not a big fan of Ariana but she has a great voice (her style is just not my cup of tea but I enjoy some songs from her) I think they mixed her styles pretty well and the video is really fun
Old 14th September 2019, 06:51 AM
P.S II Initiate

Spoiler:

Old 25th September 2019, 06:58 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

A dutch singer, now becoming famous internationally covered Don't Call Me Angel.
I really like how she sings Lana's past. The song comes more together in this cover.

Davina Michelle - Don't Call Me Angel (cover)

Old 25th September 2019, 11:20 PM
still alone Initiate

I went to Lana's show in New York on Saturday night. It was wonderful! After looking at her past tour setlists, I realized they're very similar to this tour's. Luckily this was my first Lana concert ever so that didn't bother me much. Some people expressed annoyance over her only singing about 5 songs off the new album, but the experience was so wonderful that it didn't bother me. The theatre was outside and surrounded by the beach. It was serene and surreal with the sky and stars overhead. And she sang a lot of her hits and some of my personal favorites that I thought were more obscure (like "Cherry" and other songs off of Lust for Life). Overall, it was a night to remember!
Old 23rd May 2020, 06:19 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Lana has announced a new album on September 5th 2020

I think this is the only awesome news I can share about her. There is a ridiculous fight going on, between Lana, Doja Cat, Ariana Grande and some other artists Lana "called out." Basically she adressed her haters why it is ok for these artists to chart with sexual songs, and when she is doing it, she gets trashed for glamourizing submission and abuse or whatever. Of course this thing blew up, and certainly Lana has a point but I am not here for this. It is like when she called out Azalea Banks and threw a fit online. Social media is a damn curse and all of this made me so uninterested in her. At this moment she is posting more "middle-finger" posts and it is like we are entering celebrity high school right now. I unfollowed her, not that it would matter, however I really do not wish to witness this cringy mess she is in.

Imagine Ayu being like this with other J-Pop stars. Perhaps some of her fanbase is drawn to the drama, but I would be turned off so, so quickly. Such disgusting behaviour online. Just be mature, focus on good stuff, don't drag others in your point and be gentile. Or just take a break from social media.

Old 23rd May 2020, 08:06 PM
No way to say Initiate

yeah it was kind of immature and cheap though I know she has some point

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 25th May 2020, 01:16 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I love this woman's music but I'm gonna need her to take a stadium full of seats after that nonsense she pulled the other day
Old 26th May 2020, 06:40 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

not her dragging FKA twigs to that mess LOL.

the fact that she listed only women of color (and Ariana) to make her point... such a white feminist.
Old 26th May 2020, 06:52 PM
Initiate

And she believes Ariana is a woman of color... Okay...

This has to be worse way to announce an album release.
Old 26th May 2020, 10:03 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

She literally just digs herself into a deeper hole omg
Old 27th May 2020, 09:01 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud View Post
not her dragging FKA twigs to that mess LOL.

the fact that she listed only women of color (and Ariana) to make her point... such a white feminist.
I don't want to be that fan, however she mentioned the current most influential artists, who happen to be of color. I think she excludes Lady GaGa on purpose, because she has beef with her ever before they were famous. Anyway I believe her saying she did not have any means to "expose" these artists but only used their music as example. But I agree, it is a dumb move, immature and if she thinks that this wouldn't be such a big deal, then she is pretty naive.

Old 27th May 2020, 11:31 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

She could have made her point without naming anyone. It just made it seem like she had other things to say when I don't think she did - thoughtless to the extreme.
Old 27th May 2020, 09:46 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
I don't want to be that fan, however she mentioned the current most influential artists, who happen to be of color. I think she excludes Lady GaGa on purpose, because she has beef with her ever before they were famous. Anyway I believe her saying she did not have any means to "expose" these artists but only used their music as example. But I agree, it is a dumb move, immature and if she thinks that this wouldn't be such a big deal, then she is pretty naive.
she name dropped Kehlani tho on her first post and she never had a #1 nor is a mainstream influence in the industry.

I completely understand what point she's trying to make as a woman in the industry, but the name dropping and mostly of women of color at that, it made her look jealous and rather ignorant. she said she named those women because she knows them and is also friends with them, but none of them came to her defense as a friend would do. they are not obligated to do so, but for me, that only proves that they don't agree with her. Doja Cat even joked about her post, saying her fans warned her about Lana before.

and we keep saying that it's concerning that she only name dropped WOC (besides Ariana) because white women on pop music are using sex and sex metaphors as concepts for a long time too - Britney, Xtina, Madonna, Katy all had hits for years and years doing all the things she listed in the first paragraph of her post. it was very unfortunate that she name dropped the singers she did.

I'm not trying to "cancel" her or anything - she's still a hell of an artist and NFR! is one of my fave albums from last year, but like kaled said, this has to be the worst album announcement ever.

Last edited by hud; 27th May 2020 at 09:56 PM.