Ayu-Gaga 'conversation' on Music Station - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 17th April 2010, 05:27 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

ah I already find it on youtube, thank you Lacus Clyne <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHojU...eature=related

~SUZÍ~
facebook twitter tumblr blog

Old 17th April 2010, 06:51 PM
sending mail Initiate

Oh wow, I didn't get the whole gist of the conversation, and missed a few parts. That does sound rather rude, not complimenting ayu after being asked about ayu's style . She just...dodged the question.

Old 17th April 2010, 07:03 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Btw, A Museum M and AT03-04 No Way to Say are most likelly Ayu most iconic performances to japanese people... Cuz everytime they talk about her live performances, those 2 are comented or shown... They were showing Ayu's best by japanese standart

-
Rewatched... and actually... I found Ayu kinda rude o.O Gaga was there talking to her and she was only nodding with a bored expression on her face o____O

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 17th April 2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 17th April 2010, 07:28 PM
GAME Initiate

^this

I think, Ayu also did that to her director of Microphone? XD

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 17th April 2010, 07:48 PM
Rule Protector

I didn't think she was rude, with the No way to say dress my perception was that she saw the picture and was like "oh wow, I had a similar idea" and then told an anecdote on how she couldn't fulfill it. Time constraints or translation mishap/rush made her unable to answer the question about ayu.

The thing is with GaGa, sometimes she appears rather reserved or arrogant even, at other times she is one of the most down to earth superstars out there.
Old 17th April 2010, 07:55 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

what bleeding dress? any pics?

how do they make the dress bleed?

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 17th April 2010, 08:09 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I think gaga was very rude, and she comes across that way in most of her interviews and I don't really care much, but it was just so sad to see her being so rude to ayu, especially when ayu was nothing but sweet.
Old 17th April 2010, 09:57 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^if there's something I didn't feel at all from ayu on that talking, that would be "sweetness"... IMO it seemed more like "why is this "nobody" even talking to me?"

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 17th April 2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 17th April 2010, 10:05 PM
Initiate

... I think you guys are reading a bit too much into this ^^; I don't see anything rude from either woman.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 17th April 2010, 10:31 PM
winding road Initiate

tbh, I think Gaga was just her rude self, and I got this impression from Ayu's actions and facial expressions that she didn't care much for Gaga at all. If I were Ayu, I'd be offended when Gaga went on about how young people should be in the forefront of culture. I dunno, it came across as snobby to me, especially when you're sitting next to a living legend and one of the most successful artists with a lengthy career in the country you're visiting to essentially imply that old people should step to the background.

Old 17th April 2010, 10:39 PM
still alone Initiate

^oh... you have a point there...
i also don't think ayu was being rude, but sometimes gaga's "rude self" is a turn-off. unprofessional in a way. so i'm guessing ayu wasn't too interested with her, but i wouldn't say ayu was being rude. to me she seemed interested with what gaga had to say about the dress and gaga didn't come off too snobby at that particular moment when talking about the flowery dress.
Old 17th April 2010, 10:40 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^^IMO she was just saying that she finds it important promoting younger unknown designers, so they will have a chance of getting famous... Older people who are already famous have a name of their own, they don't need any help to get screen time...

Ayo also do promote new people she find talented from time to time

Old 17th April 2010, 10:43 PM
Naturally Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^if there's something I didn't feel at all from ayu on that talking, that would be "sweetness"... IMO it seemed more like "why is this "nobody" even talking to me?"
She didn't look that way at all. She kindly looked over at Gaga to show her she was listening and she was understanding, that was the point of the nodding. She didn't look like she was nodding boredly, she looked like she was nodding like "I can understand" which was definitely a nice thing to do considering the language difference which could make Gaga feel uncomfortable.

Gaga didn't seem to show that much interest in anything really. Her attitude that is quite snobby is a bit of a turn off; some people have no problem with it and some people do. I'm one of the people who doesn't really appreciate an attitude like that, I could say.

Quote:
tbh, I think Gaga was just her rude self, and I got this impression from Ayu's actions and facial expressions that she didn't care much for Gaga at all. If I were Ayu, I'd be offended when Gaga went on about how young people should be in the forefront of culture. I dunno, it came across as snobby to me, especially when you're sitting next to a living legend and one of the most successful artists with a lengthy career in the country you're visiting to essentially imply that old people should step to the background.
I don't think she meant to draw that much of a line between the young and old generations and such. I think (kindly) she was saying that young designers who have very 'out-there' sort of designs in mind, should be supported and should be able to design things in the way they want to. Which, I can say, was very good of her to say. Younger generations in creative industries should be supported, and not looked down upon by their predecessors for doing something different that looks odd.

Last edited by AngelSenshi; 17th April 2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:22 PM
SweetAquarian102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
Honestly, this is a case of American vs. Japanese etiquette and responses. Americans are known to be very.......forward, and love to talk about themselves. Japanese are the complete freakin' opposite. They show respect to guests, no matter what, and are brought up to ask about others, not directing things towards themselves so easily.
In the U.S., this would be a very normal conversation. But because she's in Japan, things get turned around a bit, and she looked quite rude because of the contrasting culture. But really, that's still no excuse. I don't care if that's how she was raised, or if it's her personality, or her stage persona or whatever, but if you're traveling to a foreign country - let alone, if it's to promote something, like what she's doing - you need to learn how the natives act. Also, GaGa obviously is interested in Japanese culture, so she should have known better. This is one of those times where you need to throw a few things aside, and just act accordingly. It's like how you're not supposed to show up in ripped jeans and a mohawk to a job interview, you know?
I agree with this alot...
Old 17th April 2010, 11:38 PM
SCAR Initiate

Gaga wasn't speaking to Ayu though when she was talking about her bleeding dress. She was actually facing the hosts. Look closely.
Old 18th April 2010, 01:47 AM
Daybreak Initiate

You have to understand what it's like for Gaga. She got the "grand entrance", she was like the special guest, the only foreign one in a room filled with Japanese artists.

She must've automatically thought / assumed the talk-time would be centered on her. You could see this as arrogant, but I think it's quite natural.. She didn't understand anything anyone was saying, but everyone was constantly talking about her.. so when she was asked that question, she probably thought she'd do people a favor by explaining something about herself. And she did it in a quite a polite way, she smiled a lot (for Gaga's measures).

She was trying to represent herself for her Japanese fans. Stuff as much info as possible in the little time she got.

But Ayu was amazing as well. I think both ladies had a lovely talk, and that's it!
Old 18th April 2010, 02:37 AM
winding road Initiate

^tbh, GaGa's always arrogant. I don't think it's necessarily something we have to "understand." If anything she should have been gracious for this Japanese show allowing her center stage, not be arrogant about it :l

Old 18th April 2010, 02:51 AM
End of the World Initiate

Is there a link to this anywhere? I feel so left out.

[Facebook!]~[Blogspot!]

Old 18th April 2010, 03:17 AM

Oop, I found it.
D:

[Facebook!]~[Blogspot!]

Old 18th April 2010, 03:33 AM

Wow, now Ayu's the rude one? I think the bigger issue is GaGa's put on accent.

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, hamasaki ayumi, lady gaga