Ayu-Gaga 'conversation' on Music Station - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 17th April 2010, 06:20 AM
And Then Initiate

I didn't think Gaga was rude, because she have to focus on what her translator say so she's being quite.
Old 17th April 2010, 06:31 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief9 View Post
She didnt seem rude at least to me, I just think she didnt know what to do because everyone was speaking Japanese and she didnt know what was being said and had to wait for the translator behind her to tell her. She seemed to be looking at Ayu when Ayu was saying "really?" when talking about the dress at the video music awards. I'm thinking she just felt nervous and out of place. I have seen Gackt sit there stone cold during interviews wearing sunglasses doing the same thing to try to be dark and mysterious. I think she was comparing styles with Ayu, kind of saying we may think alike and was complimenting her for making the dress work when she couldnt and for having a similar taste. Thats my thoughts on it anyway.
^this
Imo she was just trying to get along with the only artist there who was able to speak English... IMO she seemed to be very friendly to Ayu

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 17th April 2010, 06:50 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

guys thats how gaga always is. and i thought gaga was great in talking to ayu. she was complimenting her. you really have to be a "monster" to get how gaga is in interviews. Love them both and it was an epic episode. they both had huge smilies at each others dresses and laughed with each other.
Old 17th April 2010, 07:13 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Thanks tokyoxjapanxfan and SunshineSlayer for replying ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRos View Post
I just think that they wanted to show off in front of gaga
It gives me that vibe too this was planned, everything is thanks to Acchan from Perfume for mentioning Ayu and Gaga btw

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 17th April 2010, 08:11 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
It gives me that vibe too this was planned, everything is thanks to Acchan from Perfume for mentioning Ayu and Gaga btw
A-chan is the one who has midlength hair and has a bit of a masculine face. Nocchi is the one who asked about their grand stages, haha.
Old 17th April 2010, 08:24 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

oh yeah quite interesting topic.
I was really looking forward this. I think Ayu was really friendly and listened to gaga's english. Gaga wasn't as friendly maybe because herself or only the japanese language. I don't know.
However Ayu is big star for a very long time and Gaga can't say a word about it.

Oh and btw does everyone have the video of "Bleeding Ayu" ? I haven't seen it and quite interested in it. ^^

~SUZÍ~
facebook twitter tumblr blog

Old 17th April 2010, 09:07 AM
As if.. Initiate

I'm surprised because I didn't feel like Gaga was being rude. She looks like to speak to Ayu and with respect ( I guess ) but god, why those two poor extract ? The M dress ? Ok it was crossing the arena but except this .... why not the giant red rose from Born to be live ? or Alterna live or one of her dress that light up ? Or Endless Sorrow on the cross or Kiss o' Kill cross ... there were so many more WOW performance to show imo.
Old 17th April 2010, 09:35 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
^now..that sounds a little rude... was she trying to say that 'hmm, i have the same idea too, but you are lucky that my staff aren't capable to do it, or you will be copying me.'

and what bleeding dress was that?
I don't think she actually meant to be rude, but it at least appeared to be a tad rude to me or at least stuck up.
Old 17th April 2010, 01:13 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

The most EPIC part is how the translator is hidden by GaGa XD "Hide yourself, *****!"
Old 17th April 2010, 01:31 PM
Naturally Initiate

I live in Europe where Gaga is seen a lot on TV and such, and she came to Malta (where I live) to perform before she was even popular. She had this snobby attitude then and she has it now. Simple as that, it's her personality or at least her image. Now people can do whatever they want and like it, but I personally don't like it nor appreciate it. And in terms of her music, I can't comment because I can't stand that sort of music.

She always sounds rude and arrogant; it's odd that people try to deny it. It's not about whether she does it or not, it's about whether different people don't mind it or not.
Old 17th April 2010, 03:28 PM
Real me Initiate

I'm not a Gaga fan, but imagine being in her place. She probably doesn't understand a bit of Japanese so being there with everyone speaking Japanese and laughing must have been uncomfortable.

Though on the same note, it was kind of rude how she redirected the question about Ayu to how she wanted to do something similar but wasn't able to so she did a different act. (even though Ayu had already done something like that 10 years ago)

Ayu was acknowledging her but Gaga gave off the "I'm too good for you" vibe, which may be why it felt awkward. It would just seem like common sense to act polite or atleast acknowledge the other artists like they were doing to her, even though they probably didn't understand some of what she was talking about.

If they were bragging about Ayu, they did a good job because Gaga's team couldn't pull off the NWTS dress like she wanted. I kind of wish Ayu would have said "oh, I did the bleeding dress way back in 2000."

Maybe Gaga is jealous? I even wonder if Gaga thinks Ayu copied her like some Gaga fans like to think, lol.

tumblr

Last edited by panda♥; 17th April 2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 17th April 2010, 03:38 PM
GAME Initiate

Gaga a bit rude for me. It's just her natural expressions imo.

But I do love Gaga talk to Ayu XD. She seems comfortable to speak with Ayu more than the announcer as Gaga doesn't need the translator to speak with Ayu. I think, at the back stage, Gaga just talking to Ayu than others

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 17th April 2010, 03:49 PM
ourselves Initiate

I don't think she was particularly rude in this case, it's true that she has a certain type of attitude that may rub some people the wrong way, kind of like Utada has. Many artists (not just in music) are self centered and have to be/ turn out that way because of the way the business/ creative process work. =)

travel, art and food!
Old 17th April 2010, 04:01 PM
too late Initiate

i don't think lady gaga was being rude... if anything she was saying "it's so cool you were able to do this, cuz we couldn't so we did this other thing instead". i don't see how that's rude? also, at 4:33 when they are showing ayu's "m" dress you can hear lady gaga say "that's beautiful". i don't suppose that's being rude too?

人間は皆一人だから・・・

Old 17th April 2010, 04:25 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief9 View Post
She didnt seem rude at least to me, I just think she didnt know what to do because everyone was speaking Japanese and she didnt know what was being said and had to wait for the translator behind her to tell her. She seemed to be looking at Ayu when Ayu was saying "really?" when talking about the dress at the video music awards. I'm thinking she just felt nervous and out of place. I have seen Gackt sit there stone cold during interviews wearing sunglasses doing the same thing to try to be dark and mysterious. I think she was comparing styles with Ayu, kind of saying we may think alike and was complimenting her for making the dress work when she couldnt and for having a similar taste. Thats my thoughts on it anyway.
Exactly.

Gaga's got an interesting poker face in her tv appearances (which fades only a little when she talks about her fans), but the way I saw it, I could see she liked Ayu's style (you see her nodding when she looks at the A Museum "M" dress, a nod I took to be one of approval for the long veil and the outfit).

Her commenting that she wanted to do the "No way to say"-style dress wasn't necessarily snobbish or rude (though I can see why people would say that) but her tone of voice indicated surprise -- like, "Oh, I wanted to do that, too!" As if she was pleased to see Ayu had the idea as well. There was also a bit of regret in her voice since she obviously couldn't pull off the dress XD Sorry if I seem to be over-analyzing it, but I think some of the tones and the way Gaga speaks might not get across very well to non-native speakers -- even native speakers have trouble realizing when she's being serious or rude o.o; Myself included.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 17th April 2010, 04:26 PM
BALLAD Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZECHayu View Post
oh yeah quite interesting topic.
I was really looking forward this. I think Ayu was really friendly and listened to gaga's english. Gaga wasn't as friendly maybe because herself or only the japanese language. I don't know.
However Ayu is big star for a very long time and Gaga can't say a word about it.

Oh and btw does everyone have the video of "Bleeding Ayu" ? I haven't seen it and quite interested in it. ^^
here it is:

[monochrome] from concert tour 2000 part 1

My Instagram

Last edited by LacusClyne; 17th April 2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 17th April 2010, 04:55 PM
As if.. Initiate

I don't think Gaga was rude, had she said that comment in an english speaking interview, everyone would had laughed.

It's like in an intterview, Gaga had this ridiculous outfit and one of the guests was like "Phew, I almost wore that to the show aswell" and everyone laughed. It isn't rude, just a joke that I guess many people got as an "explanation" rather than the joke intention.

And they showed 2 ayu dresses, one of which if you aren't a Ayu fan youd simply don't get what the A Museum dress is. It looked like giant white net in that picture xD.

They could had showed some of her PV clips, or so many other outfits Ayu has worn!
Old 17th April 2010, 05:18 PM
Curtain call Initiate

man people are overeacting tsk tsk
Old 17th April 2010, 05:18 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
here it is:

[monochrome] from concert tour 2000 part 1

oh thank you so much, but I can't see anything O.o

~SUZÍ~
facebook twitter tumblr blog

Old 17th April 2010, 05:25 PM
Initiate

I do think GaGa is snobby. It's one of the many reasons I don't like her. But really, she wasn't too bad in this interview. Honestly, this is a case of American vs. Japanese etiquette and responses. Americans are known to be very.......forward, and love to talk about themselves. Japanese are the complete freakin' opposite. They show respect to guests, no matter what, and are brought up to ask about others, not directing things towards themselves so easily.
In the U.S., this would be a very normal conversation. But because she's in Japan, things get turned around a bit, and she looked quite rude because of the contrasting culture. But really, that's still no excuse. I don't care if that's how she was raised, or if it's her personality, or her stage persona or whatever, but if you're traveling to a foreign country - let alone, if it's to promote something, like what she's doing - you need to learn how the natives act. Also, GaGa obviously is interested in Japanese culture, so she should have known better. This is one of those times where you need to throw a few things aside, and just act accordingly. It's like how you're not supposed to show up in ripped jeans and a mohawk to a job interview, you know?

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, hamasaki ayumi, lady gaga