[review] ARENA TOUR 2006 A ~(miss)understood~ Yoyogi Stadium [22-23 April 2006] - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries > Ayu Library > Fan Reviews

Notices

Old 28th April 2006, 06:24 AM
MY ALL Initiate

[review] ARENA TOUR 2006 A ~(miss)understood~ Yoyogi Stadium [22-23 April 2006]

From the performances at 22/4 and 23/4 at the Yoyogi Stadium in Tokyo.

Don't read what follows unless you want parts of the DVD spoiled, I haven't told EVERYTHING because I do not want to spoil too much.

I will add some more pictures when I get back from school, mainly from outside the arena because I didn't have the chance to take much inside. Nothing of Ayu.

EDIT:
I remembered just now that someone I know actually took pictures of Ayu during the performance, I will probably be able to get my hands on them in a few days when he returns from the US.

<Lights goes out and the crowd starts cheering>

1. Are You Wake Up? thunders out over the arena. My first thought was Cool, this is loud. I had no idea about what was to come.

<Everything goes quiet>

2. The intro chorous of Born To Be... is played and then everything goes BOOM. The sound level is just insane, I have tried to explain it to friends and family but there just ain't words to describe the explosion. I could barely make anything out of the noise at the first concert when I was so close to the stage. On the second one I could hear the song better, I was very far back, but it was still LOUD. Nothing negative with that, it's just that I never realised it would be this loud.

3. Born To Be... tunes out and AUDIENCE starts almost immediately. Yay, we get to do some serious clapping!

4. The guitar starts rolling out the intro of evolution. It's the 'newer' version, like in the MY STORY tour. Seeing the whole blue sea in the arena waving sure is something to remember. Wow. Wow Yeah! is all I can say.

5. STEP you is played. I like the song a lot, but there wasn't anything in particular to this performance. Apart from it being sung by Ayu live, at an insane sound level, with 7000~ people cheering her on .

-The lights goes out for a second and when it's turned on again the whole crowd goes like OOOH. I won't say what happens, you'll have to wait for the DVD or ask someone else.

6. Ladies Night is played. It's the song I looked forward to the most. The performance was amazing to say the least. Aaaaaaaah Haaaaaa!

7. alterna. Hey, we all love it, don't we? And yes, they still used the bubble that Ayu is hanging from after the accident during the second Saitama performance. I think someone mentioned that it looked like she was not chained to any safety wire during this performance, she was now though.

-Yochan goes solo and the crowd goes crazy .

-The rest of the band join in the solo for a short time and Yoshio starts playing on is this LOVE?. This sequence is just insane, completely wicked, can't find more words to describe it.

8. is this LOVE?. Ayu tried to kill my ears in this song when she was screaming WOAH, WOAH, YEAH, YEAH.

9. (miss)understood. I love this song, and seeing it live... What can I say?

10. tasking

11. Pride. Ayu is dressed in some dress that doesn't compliment her, that's all there is to this performance really.

12. Rainy Day. A soft shower of water is falling infront of the stage during the entire performance of this song, very effectful.

13. Startin'. I love the song, so I love that Ayu chose to perform it. There was nothing special to the performance of it that I can remember right now though.

14. UNITE! Yay, we got to do some moves !

15. Bold & Delicious. Performed without the chorous, I liked this version a lot better than the original, and I like the original a lot too.

-Everything goes dark for quite some time, then the AyuReady? song starts. It just went on and on. I love the song. It was played for roughly the double time it was played on the MY STORY dvd. This applied to both performances, Ayu must have had a lot to do backstage.

Encore:

-After running onto the stage, accompanied by the insane cheering from the crowd, and some YOYOGI GENKI KA yelling, Ayu tells everyone to be quiet and listen because the band is going acoustic.

16. HEAVEN. Ayus voice in this song... She's so good! One of her strongest performances during this concert in my opinion. [acoustic]

17. teens. This song is wonderful, and so was seeing it live. [acoustic]

-MC-
Both performances had different MCs, my Japanese is no good so I couldn't make out very much of what was said. One of the persons who sent in a question was in the crowd at the first performance. When her question was read up she yelled KOKO NI IRU! and she got some time on the big screen. At the second performance MC there were a special guest, the dog that has been present in some other concerts aswell.

-Ayu quickly tells everyone what to do during Humming 7/4, letting us do the moves a few times. Quite like in the MY STORY tour but much less of it.

18. Humming 7/4. Always funny to jump and scream .

19. Boys & Girls. Performed just like in the MY STORY tour.

20. Beautiful Day.

The songs are exactly the same as has been reported before, from the first performances at the Saitama Arena.

At the first concert my seat was at the front row of block B1, very much to the left. At the second it was in the centre of block D4, straight infront of the stage, which Im happy for. I could see the entire light show from a perfect angle. The crowd in the first concert was quite boring, not as much jumping/screaming/singing/waving as there should be. At the second one the crowd was completely crazy and Ayu seemed a LOT more touched. The tears was not far away during Beautiful Day.

The second performance had some extra content, apart from the special guest. At the end Ayu picked up a water gun and sprayed down her Team Message members. Later when she was running around alone on the stage, yelling DOUMO ARIGAROU, Yoshio came back on the stage with the gun and sprayed down Ayu.

She ended both performances by putting down her mic, waiting for everyone to be quiet and then yelling DOUMO ARIGATOU.

My goal for 2007 is definately to collect money for going to Arena Tour 2007. I already miss Tokyo very much.

There is a lot more I could tell about the performance of every song, but I won't. Wait for the DVD or go there yourself!

By the way, I started looking through my cams of the performance, I got some work to do with them like ripping the sound from the first movies that only got a black screen.The sound is of the first 25 minutes of the concert and then another 15 minutes later on I think. I'll work more with it this afternoon after school. In the videos you can barely see anything, I caught quite a lot of the light show during evolution though. I recorded Born To Be... (mainly black screen) a bit of AUDIENCE, evolution (you can see the most in this one, but only of the light show, from far back and people in the way) and STEP you. I was like NOOOOO when Ladies Night started and my camera said Memory Card Full.

What I spent most of my money on in Tokyo.

Download Links

How to go to Tokyo, seeing Ayu and getting back in one piece!.

Enjoy!
Martin

------
[Edited by AHS Staff]
Discussion/Thanks:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43285