~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A information thread [I] - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th May 2011, 02:16 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Some 2ch posters said that some of the songs is "more orchestrated" and kinda different from original recording, especially for forgiveness.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 7th May 2011, 02:17 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
While the setlist is great I doubt anyone can really pull of a great 20 song concert with like absolutely no visuals, not even Ayu...so I hope theres some stuff we dont know yet or there will be a second leg.
Bands do it all the time. In fact, every artist from every genre used to do it all the time. If the performance is good, you don't need anything extra.
Voyage Initiate

The setlist is good - nice mix of tunes! Far Away! Forgiveness! I like how it's more simple this time round, the opposite of RnRC. I love her interlude videos and screens but I want to see her prove that she doesn't have to rely on all the props etc (as much as I like them!)

Glad she was seeing a vocal coach - it will be interesting to see how she sounds.

EDIT: And Fairyland! I am so looking forward to seeing clips of this tour!

mi|kshake~

Last edited by mi|kshake; 7th May 2011 at 02:21 PM.
Initiate

Oh ayu fans, never stop finding ways to complain about nice things~

People pay a crapton of money to see bands in America that don't do HALF the things Ayu does, and there are very few western artists in general who even try to maintain the same spectacle that Ayu lives accomplish. So what if this tour is stripped down? No one's telling you to go to the shows, and if you bought a ticket, go sell it to someone who can appreciate it.

Quote:
Bands do it all the time. In fact, every artist from every genre used to do it all the time. If the performance is good, you don't need anything extra.
Exactly. Acoustic and stripped down sets are usually considered to be pretty special, given how artists usually perform.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 7th May 2011, 02:19 PM
Lelio Protector

The tracklist is great, the show was probably meant to be modest!

No MC, oh well XD.

I got my trilogy I can't believe it <333
Old 7th May 2011, 02:19 PM
Startin' Protector

I think I'd be fine if this if I weren't in japan this year and planning to see herr I'll probably still go, but only if I can get cheap enough seats. I go to her concerts for the escapism, which is the stage, costumes, dances stories, videos, lights, etc set to her amazing music. Plus I'm just disappointed about no Love songs (well, minus blossomXD) because it's seriously one of my fave albums ever.

Like somebody else said I really don't care much ffor stripped down shows, acoustics, etc, but I'm sure Ayu will still bring it. the question is how much I'm willing to pay for it XD (otherwise I might save my money for next time)
Old 7th May 2011, 02:21 PM
glitter Initiate

O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUST REALIZED about the trilogy!!! stupid setlist being so cool that that just went over my head

F YES!!!!
Old 7th May 2011, 02:22 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I don't know what's going on with the "MC" but I did see something about an MC hosted by dancers in a report.

Most of the setlists up have this:
Quote:
衣装着替・MC・アンコール・サンキューメールはありませんでした | There was no costume change / MC / encore / thank you mail
Aaah, I'm a bit delirious, lol.

I'm pretty sure that HOTEL Love songs is going to get realized at some point in time (maybe in its own sort of 7days Special type show?) but for now, this is fine.

Last edited by truehappiness; 7th May 2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 7th May 2011, 02:24 PM
UNITE! Initiate

I think the main reason people are not too happy with it is not that Ayu is having such a down to earth concert with no theatrics and stuff, but to know there was this other great show in the making that celebrated the great Love Songs Album and had a really cool theme. It is defnitely the reason I feel a bit meh about it. Anyway.....I'll move on. And cling onto the hope that maybe in the October Shows we'll have our Love Songs concert.
Old 7th May 2011, 02:25 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Kayzu also just tweeted the setlist without an encore. http://ameblo.jp/ayu-soulmate/entry-10884646197.html
Old 7th May 2011, 02:26 PM
Initiate

come on years ago people were praying for a stripped down concerts and now ayu does it.
Old 7th May 2011, 02:26 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Bands usually do that in small venues closer to the audience though. I find concerts with nothing happening to be pretty boring as the vast majority of musicians imo are bad performers, Ayu is the best I've seen but even with her I doubt it's gonna be entertaining for 20 songs straight. I prefer a concert to have like 2-5 completely stripped down songs mixed in or in the encore, so it stays special and doesn't turn boring.
Old 7th May 2011, 02:27 PM
poker face Initiate

ayu should sing "Life"
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
For me Ayu hasn't the singing abilities to do such a show. :/
But maybe she surprises me! Didn't she have some lessons with a vocal trainer?
She has done it before and obviously now, it's not like she can never sing well without having props do the magic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Follow me @njanjayrp

ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It'll be interesting to see how this works...

I wonder if she'll change songs at every venue since they kinda have the freedom to do that now?

I was wondering WTF "boitore" was on 2ch and I was like "boy's toilet?!" but they were talking about her 'b'oice to-raining, haha.

The reviews I've seen so far were positive for the show~ but I'm a bit worried about wtf her dancers are gonna do during the concert. Will they stay out of the ballads and only be used for upbeat numbers like usual? This time around, she also seems to have the acrobats... but what for?

Last edited by truehappiness; 7th May 2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 7th May 2011, 02:29 PM
UNITE! Initiate

When you think about it - it's incredibly brave of Ayu to do such a concert where people will concentrate on the music and her voice so much more. Kind of scary.
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It'll be interesting to see how this works...

I wonder if she'll change songs at every venue since they kinda have the freedom to do that now?
wow thats absolutely a good idea!
Lelio Protector

Yeah, finally ayu gives us a stirpped down.
Just 1 is great! ayu singing with her great voice!! Can't wait for this!!!

And I'm just getting the previous tour's blu-ray this week XDD
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Well I like stripped down shows but this one feels kinda of.
First of all I don't think auy can hold such a show with her voice nowdays but I can be proven wrong, so this is the smallest issue to think about.

Other than that I think the song choice is 50/50 hit/miss thing. I love all ayu songs but some songs are there that bore me just be reading they are there and something is miising but I just can't pull my finger onto it (and I begged to get she would never do a MW live again and now this). I wait a few weeks and reports to fully decide on this...may she changes around the setlist very often...could be done for a show like this...
Old 7th May 2011, 02:30 PM
Startin' Protector

^That would be really interesting. I could go for that (It would give them some extras to put on the DVD too)

edit: um...that is in response to truehappiness's post

Last edited by Calico; 7th May 2011 at 02:33 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, hotel love songs, power of music, power of music 2011