LOVE - Opinions, etc - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd November 2012, 06:49 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

LOVE - Opinions, etc

So, LOVE has leaked. What does everyone think of it?

I'm currently still listening through it. I didn't know there was so many remixes etc included, so I'm very happy with the content provided in this release at the very least
Old 3rd November 2012, 07:08 PM
Dolls Initiate

When I'm listening to 3 tracks, Song 4 u sounds too plain with Missing XD

Song 4 u - I started to love this track when game OST was out, and I still do, but it does sound... too short :< I kinda have "intro" feeling xD

Missing - I was "meh" on PV preview and LQ. BUT NOW I LOVE IT. Amazing chorus/bridge. Arragment is perfect. So much drama. This bridge!!!!!!!11

Melody - sound plain after such a big track as Missing. But great vocals and great dramatic ending.

From remixes I love Missing Dubscribe remix and I kinda "dig" You & Me remixes (I don't like the original one~~) I don't feel the need to listen to orchestra Song 4 u (it was never my thing) and the Melody remix is kinda too chaotic.

edit:

yep, You & Me remixes are fantastic. They even made me LIKE this song.
I can't choose between them :< They are both amazing. But Remo-con is more crazier I guess <3

Last edited by pepper; 3rd November 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 3rd November 2012, 07:33 PM
Because of You Initiate

I think from the 3 new songs it goes.....for me:
1. Missing - amazing arangement, i love the piano and electric guitars. And that small jump from calm to RAWR was nice, very dramatic. Amazing track.
2. Melody - simple, but the melody just gets me, it's very nice and flowy. Plus i love Ayu's vocals. The arangement is profesional and for me it's full and bloosoms like a flower. I loved the guitar solo! And i think it builds kind of nicelly. I LOVE IT!
3. Song 4 you - it's good but i don't know....something doesn't click with me anymore lol It's good regardless! The intro is nice but not exactly my thing, i loved the ToX version intro more.

Her vocals are beyond amazing! I was already going nuts for vocals on PQ, but this is just pure heaven. It seems to flow so easily and it's relaxing, efortless. Her vibrato finally got to the right level, not too much or too fake it's just spot on perfect. She's great now!

as for remixes....
Song 4 you (orchestra) - the intro is beyond amazing....kind of drops too simple at the verse...but i love the entering of the violin and other strings. Expected for a bit stronger chorus but it seems to build up into something very intense as it goes into the violins on the second verse, gives this powerful feeling. But again drops kind of too calm for the chorus, but i love the variety of sounds that give the harmony. The ending is also epic. Not a bad version of orchestra but i've heard better!

Other remixes simply butchered the songs, it should be illegal to make remixes of such beautiful pieces, they don't diserve a place on the CD whatsoever, what a mess...Jesus...my ears are bleeding....SUE THEM D:

Over all i think the 3 songs are all strong in their own way. I think they could have totally go as singles on ther own. I really really really love the mini, though they should have not wasted time with those remixes, they're useless and crappy. They should use musicians to rearange them and give them new kind of mood and feeling instead of paying for some DJ for throwing the actual piece to the trashcan.
I think even tho I love Missing to death, Mellody gets me the most with it's melody, haha. Must be my fave on the piece!
YOU GO AYU!

P.S. it's so funny that i always end up in a minority if not the only one on the forum who ends up liking the most stuff everyone else say is borring....xD i love being different

Last edited by BlackSilence; 3rd November 2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 3rd November 2012, 07:44 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Song 4 u - EEEEEEPIC, love the arrangement and the lyrics, I didnt pay much attention to it when we got the game version, but now omg thats my ayu jam for this year 10/10

Missing - DAMN forget about S4u, DIS IS DA ****, it's like everything I've been expecting from ayu since Love songs - FIVE was a let down for me. Perfect song, perfect. 100/10

Melody - Hum, it's a good song, but when it's put alongside the other two it seems so poor... I like it, probably it'll grow on me, but I feel like it lacks something in its... melody (no pun intended here). 7/10

About the other mixes, I'll copy and paste what I said on the LOVE thread:
While the Orchestra Version for Song 4 u is utterly amazing, the remixes, both old and new ones, sound pretty bad for me. I mean, dubstep with Missing? Seriously? If they can made a orchestra version of Song 4 u, they could also made acoustic versions for Missing or/and Melody, it could have turned out to be amazing mixes instead of the ones we've got.

Overall, I give the a mini a grade of 7/10. The remixes are really bad, but the songs themselves save it pretty much.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 3rd November 2012, 07:55 PM
And Then Initiate

Song 4 u reminded me of progress. Missing reminded me of momentum and Melody reminded me of Key. All three songs are great, thank you Ayu!
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:04 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Just have to say I absolutely love Song 4 u and Missing!

I felt like Melody could have been amazing too, but it felt like it dragged on till it got a bit better in the end.

The orchestra version of Song 4 u was nice, but it wasn't that different from the original haha

And finally, I like something else from Shinichi Osawa

The Remo-con remix is too long!

And yeah, Ayu needs to stay far away from dubstep >_>

However, I quite like the Melody remix <3

Overall, I give this release a 6/10
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:27 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Missing Dubscribe Remix..... NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Old 3rd November 2012, 08:46 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I really like this maxi single... uh, mini album, I mean. All new songs are really good. I really like that they put instrumentals here too. I really like to listen those because those are always very inspiring when I write.

Song 4 u is a epic way to start this mini. I was most surprised that this was so short. I was expecting it to be five minutes long with a epic orchestral intro like progress had. And now I'm always sad that this ends so suddenly. I'd like to listen a longer version but no can do. I already listened over 100 plays for the digitally released version and the full version might get another 100 plays haha. x3

Missing was so epic I just can't anymore. When I heard the short version, it brought tears to my eyes and it still does. This song is like BALLAD meets M meets momentum so for me it's definitely a song that breaks my heart into million pieces. This song really touches me deeply. I can't wait to read the full translation and then translate this song into Finnish so I can cry some more. Perfect winter ballad that I always secretly wait for Ayu to release.

Melody wasn't my favorite of these three when I first heard it. It just felt so boring I couldn't stand it, but when I listened to it the fourth time a moment ago I realized how much I actually like this song. Melody in the chorus makes me think that I've heard this song before as a English song but I couldn't remember the title of that song. This song also gives me a certain Sweet Season meets beloved meets winding road vibe.

Remixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy48 View Post
And yeah, Ayu needs to stay far away from dubstep >_>
This. Dubscribe remix of Missing did sound great at first but then those annoying parts began and I lost my love for this remix completely. Kuu has dubstep remixes on her DH albums and I have no problem with those because they're so nicely done. Dubscribe was a huge mess for my ears. :<

I really thought of a video game ending video for the Orchestra version of Song 4 u. That song is a perfect song for a ending video of some really epic video games for sure. Probably her best orchestra version since Last Links acoustic orchestra version for me.

Melody (BROKEN HAZE remix) was nice too. It reminds me of the Days remix from Rule/Sparkle a little bit and I love that so Melody remix was total love for me at once, hehe. It's also better than the remix for Dream ON in my ears.

You & Me remixes are awesome. I love them both, especially that Remo-con remix.

Overall score is 8,5/10

I'm eagerly waiting for "again" now! I hope it has dance songs on it because I don't really wish to listen ballads all the time though I love them.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 3rd November 2012, 08:55 PM
No way to say Initiate

tbh waiting for a proper full album by Ayu, might just skip all the mini-album releases and sequence my own album in April.
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:00 PM
monochrome Initiate

Song 4 u 10
Missing 10
Melody 11 -my favourite of all!!-

Old 3rd November 2012, 09:04 PM
Because of You Initiate

^OMG LETS MAKE A CLUB!!!!!!
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:11 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

1. Song 4 u:
I like it. I don't think it's short at ALL. I prefer songs to be short and sweet in most cases.

2. Missing:
The beast of the album, hands down. Amazing all around, except for the 4:09 mark.

3. Melody:
Hated at first, but now I can appreciate it. It gives me butterflies and warm fuzzies.

I love the You & Me instrumental too!

Overall, Im glad that I bought the CD
can't wait for it.
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:18 PM
SCAR Initiate

Song 4 U- Love this song when I first heard it. 9/10
Missing- My favorite song on this mini album. Reminds me of old ayu and I love the lyrics. 10/10
Melody- This song is too generic... like Hope or Pain. The only part I like is the ending. 6/10
Remix- I am not a big fan of remixes, but I can say I like the orchestra version of Song 4 U and the You & Me (Remo-con remix)
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:22 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Song 4 U is fine. I still don't care about it though lol

Missing is obviously the highlight. And I still like the chorus. The break at the end with the millisecond pause is awful though. I thought maybe my copy was damaged. I think it needed to be a tad longer to be effective. As it is, it feels like my brain skips or something, and it's weird.

Melody...I just wrote on twitter...this song sounds like a mash up of a bunch of her songs. Like they cut bits and pieces from all over, stuck them together, and tried to make it work. But...idk I don't care for the melody. I appreciate it, but I'd never listen to it.

I'll...listen to the remixes some other time and to the instrumentals, never.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 3rd November 2012, 11:48 PM
Because of You Initiate

lol wtf is with that dubscribe remix, like someone suddenly throws something at me while I casually listen to this beautiful EP.
Old 4th November 2012, 12:09 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

They chose some... very interesting remixers for LOVE. Of all the people to remix, they choose people who mainly do dubstep?
Old 4th November 2012, 12:40 AM
winding road H-Initiate

I LOVED the 3 new songs and the orchestra version of Song 4 u
But the rest of the mini... well, I usually dislike most of the remixes of Ayu songs anyway, I wasn't expecting much of them in the first place, I guess I'll just ignore them
The important for me is that I loved the new songs!!

But there's only one thing that is anoying me, and it's that cut in 4:09 of Missing... That part sounds so strange

Old 4th November 2012, 12:59 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja7033 View Post
Missing Dubscribe Remix..... NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!
This. It starts off good, but then they have to add all that... ****... in between lyrics at the chorus. It has it's good parts and I'm all getting into it, then I'm like "eww."

Melody remix is quite enjoyable, though I still have to say my favorite is the Remo-con one.

As for the songs themselves, everybody's going on about Missing, but I actually find Melody to be the best song. It just has this nostalgic feeling to it, like I'm listening to something from years ago.

Ayu official wallpapers in widescreen
♥ Mrs. Kwon Jiyong since 10/21/12 ♥

Last edited by tasking; 4th November 2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 4th November 2012, 01:36 AM
from your letter Initiate

"Missing" just seems to be missing a part in the 4:09

Remixes = Meh.

no one will never beat the "Rule (80kidz's "No More Rule" remix)"
Old 4th November 2012, 01:37 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Regarding the new songs,
production, arrangements, and vocals are all good.
I very much like Missing, even though it's not outstanding. But in simplicity there's beauty, too. I don't care for Song 4 u; and Melody, albeit boring, makes up for it with the arrangement. All songs sound like they could be used in a video game (FFXIII comes to mind), and seeing how I enjoy listening to game soundtracks, I'll probably listen to the instrumental pieces in the future. Actually, listening to the songs for the second time, I get a familiar feeling. They remind me a little of this one musical I watched a while back.

The remixes,
Song 4 u, I can already tell I'm going to listen to this version more than the original one. Thinking about it now, I wish they'd put a song or two in there with the arrangements from POWER of MUSIC. I never listened to You & Me after the one time I watched the MV, and it doesn't seem like I'll listen to it much more. Had there been less vocal in the "instrumental" version, I would have enjoyed it more. I don't like the SHINICHI OSAWA remix; the extended one is better, though annoying throughout. It's nice to see a long track-list, as it reminds me of Ayu's older releases, but it doesn't do much for me when I don't like the bonuses. The Missing Dubscribe remix would be fine without the dubstep part (that's just messy), and I don't like the Melody remix either. It has some interesting moments (starting at about 2:00), but after that it grows tiring.

I like LOVE more than I thought I would. It's a nice little record.

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, love, melody, missing, song 4 u