ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2021-2022 A ~23rd Monster~ - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 1st January 2022, 09:42 AM
July 1st Initiate

I just finished watching the screen-recording (thanks to koumori!) and overall it's a good show. her foot seems to have mostly recovered, as she was very mobile throughout the concert. I'm also happy with the stage, the costumes, and, most importantly, the set list. so stoked that she managed to make the CDL its own show from the ASIA TOUR thus far.

that said, her voice sounded tired from the beginning. she was very composed and controlled in MUSIC for LIFE, while she seemed to resort back to semi-screaming in this CDL and this was why it was difficult for her to reach the higher notes. the screaming also affected stability so her voice became shakier during the ballads that required a softer delivery.

I guess it's understandable that she was screaming; she was probably excited to see people in person in a large arena setting. But I hope she can somehow assert more self-control so she can sing more comfortably in the rest of the ASIA TOUR.
Old 1st January 2022, 10:23 AM
from your letter Initiate

I just finished watching this new CDL and It was a good show. Setlist is good but very Trouble Final from 2020 with SIGNAL, POWDER SNOW, WE WISH… Anyway very happy to see some songs from A Song for XX like Depend on you Her voice was a little bit tired for me but we can see she try her best and control her voice. Baby voice is also hear in some songs and sometimes it doesn’t matter sometimes it’s weird. This show has some highlights too like Secret, last minute, haru yo koi, RAINBOW, theme of a nation. Really happy to hear again LOVE ~Destiny~ after all these years even if the key is now really hight for her. Anyway good concert can’t wait to see it again edited !!
Old 1st January 2022, 11:49 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

thanks a lot! for sharing but the quality is like this(original resolution of STADIUM TOUR DVD)
i think it's VCD quality

Last edited by Foyuki; 1st January 2022 at 11:51 AM.
Old 1st January 2022, 12:24 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

It was a screen recording of a stream of a stream over a VPN, y'all—a better-quality version won’t be available until dtv make the video available for playback at the end of January, by which point it will probably be edited to hell and back.
Old 1st January 2022, 01:01 PM
opening Run Initiate

Thank god Secret isn't sung in a baby voice. Hearing almost natural voice makes all the difference.
Old 1st January 2022, 02:34 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I really hope she'll release this CDL! The show is definitely different enough to warrant it being released in some way, especially since she also put out CDL14-15 when there was AT15. I can't wait for the playback!
What I saw looked great, e.g. RAINBOW with lights or the opening. The petals coming down in Haru Yo, Koi was fantastic, too! It really took the performance to another level in comparison to MfL (which was also good).

I'm also pretty pleased with the vocals. I think she sounded really solid for most of it, Secret was a good surprise IMO. Ayu did well!

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 1st January 2022 at 02:44 PM.
Old 1st January 2022, 11:25 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Oh my gosh, she did such a great job during this CDL! I am so pleased that she has cut down on the baby voice. I also loved how pleasant she sounded in POWDER SNOW and how she replaced the part where she previously would scream with just soft vocals. Secret, RAINBOW, Haru Yo koi, and theme of a-nation '03 were just so beautifully sung and performed. She could have easily gone over the top with a baby voice but didn't and it made such a huge difference. Amazing job ayu! I can't wait to see all of these performances in higher quality.
Old 2nd January 2022, 01:53 AM
BLUE BIRD Protector

Thanks so much for the download! I just finished watching it and man. I seriously loved "RAINBOW" so much! It was my first Ayu song that I ever heard, so it holds a special place in my heart and I just loved this rendition so much, I even teared up a bit! But when "How Beautiful You Are" came on, I don't know if it's because I'm just extra emotional right now or what, but I freakin' bawled. My husband saw me and was like "OMG are you OK?!" I really just loved the countdown segment so much! The taiko were an awesome addition!

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 2nd January 2022, 02:32 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^Same. HBYA gave me major goosebumps & got me all emotional, especially the way she ended it with saying "be who you are no matter what people say"

Old 2nd January 2022, 03:49 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Another interesting thought that I have not about this particular show but something I was thinking about when waiting for it to start so I wonder what are your opinions on this topic.
When going to Yoyogi, near the entrance there were these creepy guys selling pictures from her current tour for 1000 yen a piece. There were also creepy ojisans asking "who doesn't have ticket?". Obviously they were selling tickets to the show, I remember almost buying ticket from a guy like this in 2014.
Now, when I think more about this - reselling tickets like this is really frowned upon in Japan and in the past 3-4 years there has been a major crackdown on resellers(shutting down reselling sites, etc). Taking pictures is not allowed during the show and audience are encouraged to tell staff when they see somebody taking pics or recording the show - I heard the announcement in Yoyogi before the show several times.
I don't have experience going to other female singers or idol bands, but I have been to many rock shows in Japan of several artists and I have never seen this kind of ticket resellers or photos sold outside. Maximum one can usually hope right before the show is to find somebody who have one extra ticket because their friend cancelled last minute and so they can sell it for the original price to somebody who wants to go with them.

This all made me think that people reselling concert tickets, taking pictures during the tour and selling them outside the venue might be related to (or actually even be) avex staff. If it is an insider job then it seems more plausible that all of this is tolerated and avex does nothing, while for other artists other labels are very strict and this is surely unheard of.
Old 2nd January 2022, 03:53 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Pictures:

Spoiler:

togetherwhen tumblr / insta / twitter/
(forgive me for my bad english)

Last edited by Krushnic; 6th January 2022 at 03:16 AM.
Old 2nd January 2022, 04:24 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Here are two more photos + the ones posted above but in higher quality:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 3rd January 2022 at 04:21 AM.
Old 2nd January 2022, 06:36 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

The performance for "How Beautiful You Are" was amazing and beautiful. I love that she's so dedicated to her LGBT fans and supporters. Her latest instagram post said that the main gay couple in the video both passed away?!! so sad.
Old 2nd January 2022, 08:59 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Yes I had no idea TenTen passed away as well. Koh passed away around 9 years ago I think? Time went by so fast…

I had a great time at this CDL. I was in a bit of a fog (a mix of allergies, lack of sleep, and a bit of a hangover…) so it was a very odd experience for me lol, but I enjoyed the set list a lot! Theme of a nation got me teary, the lyrics really hit me in the moment haha.

It’s definitely kind of empty without fans being able to sing and shout, but everyone looked like they were all so happy to be there. It was very nice.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 2nd January 2022 at 09:06 AM.
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:26 AM
Sky high Protector

This CDL is soo good. Her voice was well-controlled most of the time. And even if she used mainly her cute voice, that wonderful. I cried during How Beautiful You are. Ayu is fabulous! I can't wait to have a good quality of images and the release of the blu-ray. Oh and it seems a bit odd and unusual that she wasn't all sweaty before the end of the concert.
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:29 AM
from your letter Initiate

New download link with the file in the better quality in the CDL 2021-2022 thread.
Old 2nd January 2022, 03:26 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I just realized that the gown Ayu is wearing during RAINBOW (and so on) is the one she wore for the covers of A BALLADS 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.X. View Post
New download link with the file in the better quality in the CDL 2021-2022 thread.
Once again, thank you!!

Old 2nd January 2022, 04:21 PM
No way to say Initiate

OMG OMG OMG this CDL is a MUST SEE for RAINBOW!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 2nd January 2022, 05:53 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
I just realized that the gown Ayu is wearing during RAINBOW (and so on) is the one she wore for the covers of A BALLADS 2!
oh my god I think you're right. glad to see that gown in its entirety!
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:52 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Great CDL!
She indeed put an amazing show.

I would just have liked to see the band for once

Some gems here and there in the setlist (theme of a-nation '03, Secret...), beautifully sang with the same natural tone.
Still lot of off-key notes throughout the show but she really quit with the shouting and everything is more pleasant. Ever since Promised Land she's been quite ok and some parts are a throwback in time vocally-wise. Very impressed with some notes she hit flawlessly.

Hope she didn't suffer post live with her ankle... She was moving damn too much haha!

Tags
23rd monster, countdown live, countdown live 2021-2022